The Trinity made easy

Here are some references, allusions to the Plurality of God in the O.T.

Gen 1:26
Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness;

Gen 3:22
Then the Lord God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil;

Gen 11:7
Come, let Us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."

Gen 19:24
Then the Lord rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven;

Isa 6:8
Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?

Isa 48:16
"Come near to Me, listen to this:
From the first I have not spoken in secret,
From the time it took place, I was there.
And now the Lord God has sent Me, and His Spirit."

Isa 61:1
The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me,
Because the Lord has anointed Me
To bring good news to the afflicted;
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to captives
And freedom to prisoners;

Ps 110:1
The Lord says to my Lord:
"Sit at My right hand
Until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet."

Zech 12:10
"And I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace and of supplication, so that they will look on Me whom they have pierced; and they will mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him, like the bitter weeping over a first-born.
Thank you for those verses about the Trinity.

Thank you for those verses about the Trinity.
Kindly note that none of those "verses about the Trinity" say anything about the Trinity or that God is in three persons.

The Trinity is a doctrine and a doctrine is just a set of beliefs taught by the church. The actual Bible is Scripture. So we have doctrines in the church and then there is Scripture. Scripture is authoritative, church doctrines are not authoritative.

Long story short, none of those verses actually hold any water in a debate about the Trinity.

1 Corinthians 3:15 is not about sin! ROFL It is about the writing of NT doctrine! The context is about teachers like Apollos and Paul. Don't forget they didn't have the New Testament to read. They were writing it! Paul's epistles stood the test of time. We don't know what Apollos taught. Maybe God burned it, but because of the heart of Apollos, he was saved.
GINOLJC, are you kidding? the OT always pointed to the NT, that a bad excuse. you said, "1 Corinthians 3:15 is not about sin! ROFL It is about the writing of NT doctrine!", which none of those had knowledge of. which clearly states as the apostle Paul clearly states, " for whatsoever is not of faith is sin". and if an IGNORANT preacher makes a doctrine not known of God word and preached it to people it's a sin, because it's not of FAITH. LISTEN, 1 Timothy 1:9 "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers," 1 Timothy 1:10 "For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;" if one's "Doctrine" is in error, then it's not of God, meaning it's not of FAITH.
101G you have a lot to learn and the first is that God is Holy, and no sinner goes through the pearly gates. Revelation 22:11. The righteous have been cleansed of all unrighteousness, 1 John 1:9 and are clean. John 15:3. And the holy have grown in all the fruit of the Spirit and come to a place where they never stumble, but as long as they are abiding and walking in the light of the Spirit, the sins of immaturity are continually being cleansed. 1 John 1:7, 2 Peter 1:5-11, John 15:1-4.
see above..... (smile)

and as for 101G having a lot to learn, ..... scripture for YOU. Hebrews 5:12 "For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat." Hebrews 5:13 "For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe." Hebrews 5:14 "But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil."

and thanks for the reply.

101G.

Kindly note that none of those "verses about the Trinity" say anything about the Trinity or that God is in three persons.

The Trinity is a doctrine and a doctrine is just a set of beliefs taught by the church. The actual Bible is Scripture. So we have doctrines in the church and then there is Scripture. Scripture is authoritative, church doctrines are not authoritative.

Long story short, none of those verses actually hold any water in a debate about the Trinity.
The bible tells mankind that God is more than just the father and includes the Holy Spirit and Jesus.

GINOLJC, are you kidding? the OT always pointed to the NT, that a bad excuse. you said, "1 Corinthians 3:15 is not about sin! ROFL It is about the writing of NT doctrine!", which none of those had knowledge of. which clearly states as the apostle Paul clearly states, " for whatsoever is not of faith is sin". and if an IGNORANT preacher makes a doctrine not known of God word and preached it to people it's a sin, because it's not of FAITH. LISTEN, 1 Timothy 1:9 "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers," 1 Timothy 1:10 "For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;" if one's "Doctrine" is in error, then it's not of God, meaning it's not of FAITH.

see above..... (smile)

and as for 101G having a lot to learn, ..... scripture for YOU. Hebrews 5:12 "For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat." Hebrews 5:13 "For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe." Hebrews 5:14 "But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil."

and thanks for the reply.

101G.
CONTEXT, CONTEXT, CONTEXT! The "work" is not sin! And not even our anything. It is teachings, doctrines to build the church. Read in context. False teachers with doctrines of men, not God. The church is full of them for the past 1,900 years!. Catholics pray to Mary. Where is that in the Bible. But the Reformation produced the worst doctrines and Jesus said to them, "you have a name that you are alive, but you are DEAD." Those are doctrines if believed and acted on leads their followers to hell.

4 For when one says, “I am of Paul,” and another, “I am of Apollos,” are you not carnal?

5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers through whom you believed, as the Lord gave to each one? 6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase. 8 Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor.

9 For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building. 10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it. 11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13 each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. 14 If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

The bible tells mankind that God is more than just the father and includes the Holy Spirit and Jesus.
How about in these verses?

John 17
1When Jesus had spoken these words, he lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, “Father, the hour has come; glorify your Son that the Son may glorify you, 2since you have given him authority over all flesh, to give eternal life to all whom you have given him. 3And this is eternal life, that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.

1 Corinthians 8
6yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.

Ephesians 4
6one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

it's the manifestation of the sin.....call iniquity, hello. and that's CONTEXT

101G.
What verse talks of iniquity here? I showed you it is about workers and their work. Like Paul's work - his letters telling of his doctrine, and that of Apollos, and church fathers down the ages. Your CONTEXT of sin is nonexistent.

Last edited:
What verse talks of iniquity here? I showed you it is about workers and their work. Like Paul's work - his letters telling of his doctrine, and that of Apollos, and church fathers down the ages. Your CONTEXT is nonexistent.
Hold it... do you know the difference between sin and iniquity? if not just ask.

101G.

Back
Top Bottom