The Trinity made easy

We can make a distinction between the three persons of the Trinity, because each member of the Godhead has unique attributes. We say the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God, but we don’t say that the Father is the Son, the Son is the Holy Spirit, or the Holy Spirit is the Father.

There are distinctions between them, but the distinctions are not essential, not of the essence. They are real, but they do not disturb the essence of deity. The distinctions within the Godhead are, if you will, sub-distinctions within the essence of God. He is one essence, three subsistences. That is about as close as we can get to articulating the historic doctrine of the Trinity.
if true, question, "in Rev. 4 there is one who sits on the throne", scripture, Revelation 4:2 "And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne." Revelation 4:3 "And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald."

now, is this the ONE whom you calls the Father? or is it the Son who sits? your answer please.

101G.

The Trinity made easy...

There is one eternal God, the Lord, who is holy love. Through his self-revelation he has disclosed to his people that he is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Yet he is not three deities but one Godhead, since all three Persons share the one Deity/Godhead. The biblical teaching of the Trinity is, in a sense, a mystery; and the more we enter into union with God and deepen our understanding of him, the more we recognize how much there is yet to know. The biblical teaching has led to the Christian confession that God is One in Three and Three in One.

The Trinity made easy...

There is one eternal God, the Lord, who is holy love. Through his self-revelation he has disclosed to his people that he is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Yet he is not three deities but one Godhead, since all three Persons share the one Deity/Godhead. The biblical teaching of the Trinity is, in a sense, a mystery; and the more we enter into union with God and deepen our understanding of him, the more we recognize how much there is yet to know. The biblical teaching has led to the Christian confession that God is One in Three and Three in One.
there is no mystery concerning the Godhead. supportive scripture, Romans 1:19 "Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them." Romans 1:20 "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:"

there is no more excuses. and now, Acts 17:30 "And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:"

this is a COMMAND OF GOD. no more excuses.

101G

if true, question, "in Rev. 4 there is one who sits on the throne", scripture, Revelation 4:2 "And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne." Revelation 4:3 "And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald."

now, is this the ONE whom you calls the Father? or is it the Son who sits? your answer please.

101G.
Nobody, other than Christ, can see the Father. So you tell me which one of the two is seen by John at Rev 4:2-3.

Nobody, other than Christ, can see the Father. So you tell me which one of the two is seen by John at Rev 4:2-3.
are you sure? John 6:46 "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father." did not the 70 elders see God? Exodus 24:9 "Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel:" Exodus 24:10 "And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness."

did not the Lord Jesus say, John 14:7 "If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him." is not the Lord Jesus God in Flesh who is the Father Manifested?

did not John see God in Revelation? Revelation 4:1 "After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter." Revelation 4:2 "And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne." Revelation 4:3 "And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald."

101G.

are you sure? John 6:46 "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father."
Exactly! Do you believe that verse?
did not the 70 elders see God? Exodus 24:9 "Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel:" Exodus 24:10 "And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness."
That is the Theophany of the Word of God. Jesus confirmed that in John 8:58.

(John 8:58) Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am!

Do you believe Jesus?
did not the Lord Jesus say, John 14:7 "If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him." is not the Lord Jesus God in Flesh who is the Father Manifested?
(John 14:8) Philip said to Him, Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.
(John 14:9) Jesus said to him, Have I been with you such a long time and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father. And how do you say, Show us the Father?
(John 14:10) Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father in Me? The Words that I speak to you I do not speak of Myself, but the Father who dwells in Me, He does the works.
(John 14:11) Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the very works themselves.

Jesus said that I am in the Father. He did not say I am the Father. Therefore there are 2 persons here who indwell spiritually in each other. Do you believe Jesus?
did not John see God in Revelation? Revelation 4:1 "After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter." Revelation 4:2 "And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne." Revelation 4:3 "And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald."

101G.
Based on all the verses above, the Father cannot be seen by man so that is the Word of God (Jesus) who is seen by John.

Conclusion: These verses and the entire Bible supports Trinitarianism.

(John 8:58) Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am!

Do you believe Jesus?

(John 14:8) Philip said to Him, Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.
(John 14:9) Jesus said to him, Have I been with you such a long time and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father. And how do you say, Show us the Father?
(John 14:10) Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father in Me? The Words that I speak to you I do not speak of Myself, but the Father who dwells in Me, He does the works.
(John 14:11) Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the very works themselves.

Jesus said that I am in the Father. He did not say I am the Father. Therefore there are 2 persons here who indwell spiritually in each other.

Based on all the verses above, the Father cannot be seen by man so that is the Word of God (Jesus) who is seen by John.

Amen

Take a look at the baptism of Jesus Christ

“in the name (singular: one God, one name) of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit”—the three persons who are the one God to whom Christians commit themselves:

19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age.”
Mt 28:19–20

So we meet the three persons in the account of Jesus’ own baptism: the Father acknowledged the Son, and the Spirit showed his presence in the Son’s life and ministry:

9 In those days Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan. 10 And when he came up out of the water, immediately he saw the heavens opened and the Spirit descending upon him like a dove; 11 and a voice came from heaven, “Thou art my beloved Son; with thee I am well pleased.”
Mk 1:9–11.

So we read the trinitarian blessing of 2 Corinthians 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

So we read the prayer for grace and peace from the Father, the Spirit, and Jesus Christ in Revelation 1:4-5 John to the seven churches that are in Asia: Grace to you and peace from him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven spirits who are before his throne, and from Jesus Christ the faithful witness, the first-born of the dead, and the ruler of kings on earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood.

Do you think John would have put the Spirit between the Father and the Son if he had not regarded the Spirit as divine in the same sense as they are?

If you desire to have a relationship with Jesus Christ it's necessary to know who He is, He is God in the flesh. Do you know him?

100% ... (smile). and here's why, listen carefully. Hosea 12:10 "I have also spoken by the prophets, and I have multiplied visions, and used similitudes, by the ministry of the prophets."

now is the Christ the similitude of God? yes or no ...... (smile).

Do you believe Jesus?
ERROR, see above because a Theophany is not a similitude.... (smile)... lol, lol, lol, Oh my God.....

another ERROR. now Listen carefully, John 14:7 "If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him." now synergy did the Lord Jesus LIE when he told them that they have seen the Father? yes or No...... (smile), oh my this is too easy.

101G.

Last edited:
I don't understand why anyone who talks about themselves in the third person would have problems with the Trinity.

But when it comes to plural nouns, pronouns, adjectives and verbs, this is not something which a Unitarian would expect to be applied to God in the Bible. We have yet to hear a Unitarian refer to God as “Them.” But this would be exactly what a Trinitarian would expect to find in the Bible.
If God is multi-personal, then we would expect to find God saying, “We,” “Us,” or “Our” as well as “I,” “Myself,” or “Me” because God is One and Three at the same time. The doctrine of the Trinity requires the plural as well as the singular while Unitarianism only requires the singular.

Did the authors of the Bible use plural words for God? Yes, they did. The plural form of אֵל is אֱלֹהִים, which is the most frequently used word for “God” in the Bible.

26 Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth
Gen. 1:26.

The word אֱלֹהִים is translated as “god” over four hundred times in the Bible. That it is a true plural is seen from the fact that it has plural verbs and plural adjectives modifying it.

I don't understand why anyone who talks about themselves in the third person would have problems with the Trinity.

But when it comes to plural nouns, pronouns, adjectives and verbs, this is not something which a Unitarian would expect to be applied to God in the Bible. We have yet to hear a Unitarian refer to God as “Them.” But this would be exactly what a Trinitarian would expect to find in the Bible.
If God is multi-personal, then we would expect to find God saying, “We,” “Us,” or “Our” as well as “I,” “Myself,” or “Me” because God is One and Three at the same time. The doctrine of the Trinity requires the plural as well as the singular while Unitarianism only requires the singular.

Did the authors of the Bible use plural words for God? Yes, they did. The plural form of אֵל is אֱלֹהִים, which is the most frequently used word for “God” in the Bible.

26 Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth

The word אֱלֹהִים is translated as “god” over four hundred times in the Bible. That it is a true plural is seen from the fact that it has plural verbs and plural adjectives modifying it.
What you talking about Willis?

The thing i don't get with non-trinitarians is that nature can be triune.. like when light is put thru a prism it is many many shades of three base colours. An egg has yolk, shell and flesh, water can be ice, steam and liquid etc..

Not that these exactly explain the triune God, but that if nature is like this, where is the issue with God being triune?

What I also don't get is some non-trinitarians still see Jesus as fully God. To do this, I would have thought you'd have to believe in a triune God, since the Father and the Holy Spirit are also fully God going by the Bible.

The thing i don't get with non-trinitarians is that nature can be triune.. like when light is put thru a prism it is many many shades of three base colours. An egg has yolk, shell and flesh, water can be ice, steam and liquid etc..

Not that these exactly explain the triune God, but that if nature is like this, where is the issue with God being triune?

What I also don't get is some non-trinitarians still see Jesus as fully God. To do this, I would have thought you'd have to believe in a triune God, since the Father and the Holy Spirit are also fully God going by the Bible.
I've heard that nature can be triune analogy before. It's something interesting to think about for sure.

Also Unitarians should give a positive demonstration of their view of God. They cannot naively assume that they have proven their view of God simply because they take pot-shots at the Trinity. If their expectations are not fulfilled, but rather contradicted by the biblical evidence, then they should in all honesty question their original hypothesis.

if God is only a singularity in PERSON, why then is the Christ EQUAL "WITH" God? Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:" here in Philippians 2:6 is this two separate person? yes or no...... if not then explain.

101G.

if God is only a singularity in PERSON, why then is the Christ EQUAL "WITH" God? Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:" here in Philippians 2:6 is this two separate person? yes or no...... if not then explain.

101G.

Not separate beings, but persons in the unique self identity sense. One God.. expressing Himself in three substances. (I don't like the word 'persons' if it means separateness).

Not separate..but distinct

Not separate beings, but persons in the unique self identity sense. One God.. expressing Himself in three substances. (I don't like the word 'persons' if it means separateness).

I really don't like that word persons either. But it seems to be used quite a bit. It makes it kind of confusing. The way you explain it works better for me. I can see that concept much clearer.

I've heard it explained this way:

The Father thinks it.
The Son speaks it.
The Holy Spirit accomplishes it.

separate being is separate person that is distinct. that nonsense one being and three person, that's polythetic in nature. just as the Hydra one snake body, and many snakes heads...... (smile).

101G.

That really is nonsensical
no. the bible say God is ONE PERSON in a ECHAD, meaning ONE PERSON Equally Shared. supportive scripture, Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:"

see that term, "WITH", this is the proof that the trinity is a false Doctine. for that term "WITH" indicates the same ONE person as John 1:1 do, ..... with.

101G.

to all trinitarian,
a three headed/or three headed persons of God is nothing but polytheism at its best. the bible is Clear, God is a ECHAD of HIMSELF. Bible, Isaiah 41:4 "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he." TWO PERSON? no,

Isaiah 44:6 "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God." and? let's see.

Now the Revelation.

Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last." ALSO? yes, also the Last. and also means, "in addition; too". in additional to being the FIRST, he is "ALSO" the Last. the SAME one PERSON.

people READ your bibles with, with, with, the Holy Spirit.

101G.

Back
Top Bottom