The Trinity made easy

don't mean to butt into your conversation. but is not the Lord Jesus an apostle? Hebrews 3:1 "Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;" is he, the Lord Jesus alive TODAY or DEAD? there is your proof.

now about your sinning. 1 John 1:8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." READ THAT AGAIN. and now re-read Hebrews 3:1a "Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling" Heavenly, Heavenly, Heavenly... CALLING? .... have you made it there yet? now finish reading Hebrews from chapter 3 again. but before you do let's finish ...... 1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:10 "If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us."

this is why we have an advocate, next chapter. 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:" 1 John 2:2 "And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world."

now question, who is the advocate? let's see.
ADVOCATE: G3875 παράκλητος parakletos (pa-ra'-klee-tos) n.
1. (properly) one called near (to give help).
2. an intercessor (one who entreats of behalf of another).
3. a comforter.
[(not given)]
KJV: advocate, comforter
Root(s): G3844, G2822

Definition #2, an intercessor, who is the COMFORTER? yes the same Spirit of supplications? yes, let's see it. Zechariah 12:10 "And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn."

Supplications: H8469 תַּחֲנוּן tachanuwn (tach-an-oon') n-m.
תַּחֲנוּנָה tachanuwnah (tach-an-oo-naw') [feminine]
earnest prayer.
[from H2603]
KJV: intreaty, supplication.
Root(s): H2603

earnest prayer? Romans 8:26 "Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered." now what is 101G saying about your, ... OUR ... sins? WE ALL MUST GROW UP, and we have HELP until we do.

101G.
Hi 101G, Thank you for pointing out Hebrews 3:1. I had not noticed that Jesus called Himself an apostle, but it fits why He came. He was manfested to TAKE AWAY OUR SIN, AND IN HIM IS NO SIN. Look who we need to be to enter heaven. Revelation 22:11. Either righteous or all the way to holiness. Jesus is the Author and Finisher of our faith. Provided that we have received the infilling of the Holy Spirit all we need to do is rest in Him.

Many do not believe that Jesus accomplished what He came here to do, and that was to make us righteous. That is sinless of lawlessness. 1 John 3:4-5. Yes, we were all born with a sin nature because of Adam's sin. 1 John 1:8 and 10 say so. Verse 9 is for becoming a Christian and receive the Holy Spirit. It is not for repetitious sin, repent, sin, repent. The Holy Spirit is the power we need to not sin, "if we confess our sin, He is faithful and just to cleanse us from ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS. That is out of our nature. That is why John 15:3 says to His followers "You are clean." You see He takes away all desire to commit a sin unto death. Those are sins against the Laws of God. Check yourself according to Galatians 5:19-21. I did and know I am still clean, and remain so as I abide in Him and He in me. He takes us from death to eternal life. 1 John 3:24 " Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us."

Unfortunately, many in the Church do not have the Holy Spirit of Christ in them so do not belong to Him. Romans 8:9 "But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His." They also do not do anything about it because they have been taught a lie by believing 1 John 1:8 says Christians will always be sinners. But that is not what John taught as you pointed out. "My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin." See how contradictory that is to that doctrine of demons. Jesus died for the whole world and is everyone's Advocate for all who confess and turn to Him. Demons want everyone to believe that sin is in the body, and that we will always sin as long as we are in these bodies. What actually gets born again now while in these bodies is our nature, not the floppy puppet we live in. Our nature is the spirit and soul called "the old man." Romans 6:5-7 "For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, 6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7 For he who has died has been freed from sin.

Now for the hard part. To be perfect and holy like the Father in Heaven we need keep abiding in Jesus. John 15:4 "Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me." Another false doctrine is that sanctification is the life long process of overcoming sin. No. 1 Corinthians 6:11 shows us that sanctification is past tense like our being cleansed and justified. " And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God." Here is another verse where sanctification is not even mentioned because it on the same day as of our justification. Romans 8:30 " For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified. I remember when I first learned this. I was pondering on sanctification and why everyone calls it a life long process when it seemed everywhere in the New Testament it was past tense. That lead me to ask God "if sanctification is past tense then what is this life long process called. God answered immediately, and I heard "Glorification." Now that makes sense! The previous verse, Romans 8:29 shows that Jesus' sinless life is what He is turning us into as sinless children of God, not saved sinners. Jesus saves us FROM sin, not IN sin.

"For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified."

It is Peter who gives us the steps to perfection - holiness - never stumble. 2 Peter 1:5-11 "
5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither [b]barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins. 10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
Hi 101G, Thank you for pointing out Hebrews 3:1. I had not noticed that Jesus called Himself an apostle, but it fits why He came. He was manfested to TAKE AWAY OUR SIN, AND IN HIM IS NO SIN. Look who we need to be to enter heaven. Revelation 22:11. Either righteous or all the way to holiness. Jesus is the Author and Finisher of our faith. Provided that we have received the infilling of the Holy Spirit all we need to do is rest in Him.

Many do not believe that Jesus accomplished what He came here to do, and that was to make us righteous. That is sinless of lawlessness. 1 John 3:4-5. Yes, we were all born with a sin nature because of Adam's sin. 1 John 1:8 and 10 say so. Verse 9 is for becoming a Christian and receive the Holy Spirit. It is not for repetitious sin, repent, sin, repent. The Holy Spirit is the power we need to not sin, "if we confess our sin, He is faithful and just to cleanse us from ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS. That is out of our nature. That is why John 15:3 says to His followers "You are clean." You see He takes away all desire to commit a sin unto death. Those are sins against the Laws of God. Check yourself according to Galatians 5:19-21. I did and know I am still clean, and remain so as I abide in Him and He in me. He takes us from death to eternal life. 1 John 3:24 " Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us."

Unfortunately, many in the Church do not have the Holy Spirit of Christ in them so do not belong to Him. Romans 8:9 "But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His." They also do not do anything about it because they have been taught a lie by believing 1 John 1:8 says Christians will always be sinners. But that is not what John taught as you pointed out. "My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin." See how contradictory that is to that doctrine of demons. Jesus died for the whole world and is everyone's Advocate for all who confess and turn to Him. Demons want everyone to believe that sin is in the body, and that we will always sin as long as we are in these bodies. What actually gets born again now while in these bodies is our nature, not the floppy puppet we live in. Our nature is the spirit and soul called "the old man." Romans 6:5-7 "For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, 6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7 For he who has died has been freed from sin.

Now for the hard part. To be perfect and holy like the Father in Heaven we need keep abiding in Jesus. John 15:4 "Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me." Another false doctrine is that sanctification is the life long process of overcoming sin. No. 1 Corinthians 6:11 shows us that sanctification is past tense like our being cleansed and justified. " And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God." Here is another verse where sanctification is not even mentioned because it on the same day as of our justification. Romans 8:30 " For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified. I remember when I first learned this. I was pondering on sanctification and why everyone calls it a life long process when it seemed everywhere in the New Testament it was past tense. That lead me to ask God "if sanctification is past tense then what is this life long process called. God answered immediately, and I heard "Glorification." Now that makes sense! The previous verse, Romans 8:29 shows that Jesus' sinless life is what He is turning us into as sinless children of God, not saved sinners. Jesus saves us FROM sin, not IN sin.

"For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified."

It is Peter who gives us the steps to perfection - holiness - never stumble. 2 Peter 1:5-11 "
5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither [b]barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins. 10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
you have a lot there which is good reading. 101G copied your post to completely to digest.

101G

The Jews would not have considered Jesus a threat, but insane if he had walked around saying he was God. But it was a threat for Jesus to claim to be the Messiah of God and also walk around doing miracles. Jesus had not been claiming to be God in the flesh and this is why the Jews never asked him at his trial if he was God in the flesh, but instead they asked him about what he had been claiming to be, which was the Messiah. Mark 14:61-62 records the High Priest asking “Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?" And Jesus said "I am.” The High Priest tore his garments and said he deserved to be put to death when Jesus stated he was the Messiah. So we see that the Jews correctly assessed that Jesus had been claiming to be the Christ, and that Jesus indeed said he was the Christ, and also that the Jews thought his claim was worthy of the death penalty.

The supposed “dual nature” of Christ is never stated in the Bible and contradicts the Bible and the laws of nature that God set up. Nothing can be 100% of two different things. Jesus cannot be 100% God and 100% man, and that is not a “mystery” but it's a contradiction and a talk of nonsense. A fatal flaw in the “dual nature” theory is that both natures in Jesus would have had to have known about each other. The Jesus God nature would have known about his human nature, and (according to what the Trinitarians teach) his human nature knew he was God, which explains why Trinitarians say Jesus taught that he was God. The book of Hebrews is wrong when it says Jesus was “made like his brothers in every respect” if Jesus knew he was God (Hebrews 2:17). Jesus was not made like other humans in every way if Jesus was 100% God and 100% human at the same time. In fact, he would have been very different from other humans in many respects.

The Jews would not have considered Jesus a threat, but insane if he had walked around saying he was God. But it was a threat for Jesus to claim to be the Messiah of God and also walk around doing miracles. Jesus had not been claiming to be God in the flesh and this is why the Jews never asked him at his trial if he was God in the flesh, but instead they asked him about what he had been claiming to be, which was the Messiah. Mark 14:61-62 records the High Priest asking “Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?" And Jesus said "I am.” The High Priest tore his garments and said he deserved to be put to death when Jesus stated he was the Messiah. So we see that the Jews correctly assessed that Jesus had been claiming to be the Christ, and that Jesus indeed said he was the Christ, and also that the Jews thought his claim was worthy of the death penalty.
uh huh. And where do Jewish writers speak of a death penalty for anyone calling themselves a messiah?
Peterlag has posted this same message three times and it still is a weak argument.

The supposed “dual nature” of Christ is never stated in the Bible and contradicts the Bible and the laws of nature that God set up. Nothing can be 100% of two different things. Jesus cannot be 100% God and 100% man, and that is not a “mystery” but it's a contradiction and a talk of nonsense. A fatal flaw in the “dual nature” theory is that both natures in Jesus would have had to have known about each other. The Jesus God nature would have known about his human nature, and (according to what the Trinitarians teach) his human nature knew he was God, which explains why Trinitarians say Jesus taught that he was God. The book of Hebrews is wrong when it says Jesus was “made like his brothers in every respect” if Jesus knew he was God (Hebrews 2:17). Jesus was not made like other humans in every way if Jesus was 100% God and 100% human at the same time. In fact, he would have been very different from other humans in many respects.
Funny how Peterlag goes on to demonstrate again how he fails to be able to conceive how God could be able to have divinity in the Son joined with humanity/creation in Christ Jesus. Peterlag also is somewhat wrong to say Jesus taught that he was God. If Jesus taught this, he would be quoted as saying "I am God who has come to you in the flesh." If Jesus taught so directly, he would have been so clearly being heard that way that people would have killed him for blasphemy. Instead he spoke with the "I am" wording such as "before Abraham was, I am." He also said "if you have seen me you have seen the Father." These of course contribute to pointing out the divinity of Christ as being the most apparent concept behind his words.
My new point for this thread is that Jesus speaks of himself as the Son of Man and the Son of God. Then, just as David's psalm speaking of Jesus as his Lord, we have testimony of Jesus of humanity and divinity. Duh. Isn't that the reason we have the Trinitarian doctrine at all?

I agree that Jesus did not have a dual nature. He only had one nature because He was conceived with the seed of the Father. He was not born with a sin nature like the rest of us. And when we became "born again" according to 1 John 3:9 we too have the nature Jesus was born with. It was His body that He needed in order to die for us. When we are born again of the Spirit it does nothing to our body, only our spirit and soul; those together make up our new nature.

1 John 3:9
"Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God."

Jesus lived His life sinless and so can we.

I agree that Jesus did not have a dual nature. He only had one nature because He was conceived with the seed of the Father.
he took part, and was NOT a partaker in our humanity..... meaning he took on our humanity. supportive scripture, Hebrews 2:14 "Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;"
because He was conceived with the seed of the Father.
meaning that God is the author or source of that body, (flesh and blood). supportive scripture, Hebrews 10:5 "Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:"

101G.

I agree that Jesus did not have a dual nature. He only had one nature because He was conceived with the seed of the Father. He was not born with a sin nature like the rest of us. And when we became "born again" according to 1 John 3:9 we too have the nature Jesus was born with. It was His body that He needed in order to die for us. When we are born again of the Spirit it does nothing to our body, only our spirit and soul; those together make up our new nature.

1 John 3:9
"Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God."

Jesus lived His life sinless and so can we.
I do not believe Jesus was born with a sin nature since such a nature is in the blood coming from the fathers side and Jesus bypassed that.

he took part, and was NOT a partaker in our humanity..... meaning he took on our humanity. supportive scripture, Hebrews 2:14 "Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;"

meaning that God is the author or source of that body, (flesh and blood). supportive scripture, Hebrews 10:5 "Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:"

As I said, Jesus had a body like ours, but it had nothing to do with our nature.

I do not believe Jesus was born with a sin nature since such a nature is in the blood coming from the fathers side and Jesus bypassed that.
You did see that I agreed with that didn't you? Do you also know that our "born again of the Spirit" nature is sinless like Christ's? The sin nature we were born with was crucified, and we took part of Christ's resurrection when we were born again. Romans 6:5-6

correct, his body was prepared. Hebrews 10:5 "Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:"

101G.

You did see that I agreed with that didn't you? Do you also know that our "born again of the Spirit" nature is sinless like Christ's? The sin nature we were born with was crucified, and we took part of Christ's resurrection when we were born again. Romans 6:5-6
Oppssss... my mistake. I did not see your word "not"

all spirits given to newborn are sinless. and they get dirty... sinful, the spirit is renewed, and the soul is cleansed. Psalms 51:10 "Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me."

101G

Some thoughts on Thomas because he keeps being mentioned...

We have to remember that Thomas’ statement occurred in a moment of surprise and even perhaps shock. Thomas saw that what Jesus had said was true. The Father had worked in Jesus and raised him from the dead. Thomas, looking at the living Jesus, saw both Jesus and the God who raised him from the dead. It is also important to know that the early manuscripts of the Bible were written in all capital letters. That means that technically, both Elohim in Hebrew and Theos in Greek should always be translated “GOD,” in all capital letters. Since the biblical languages used the word “GOD” to refer to God, lesser divinities such as the Devil, angels, and demons, and also to rulers, judges, and people who represented God in some way, Bible readers are forced to use the context and scope of Scripture to determine whether the modern English translation should be “God,” “god,” or “gods.

Then why can't a child stay clean out of choice?
you said it right out of your own mouth, they are a child. 1 Corinthians 13:11 "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."

in order to put away childish things ..... one must GROW UP IN CHRIST JESUS. then one can stay clean.

101G.

you said it right out of your own mouth, they are a child. 1 Corinthians 13:11 "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."

in order to put away childish things ..... one must GROW UP IN CHRIST JESUS. then one can stay clean.

101G.
I remember when I was a child and never stole a piece of bubble gum, nor lied to my parents. That was due to my parents. Plus I just never wanted to. But Paul said we have all sinned and fall short of the glory of God. That has to do with our nature that we are born with.

I remember when I was a child and never stole a piece of bubble gum, nor lied to my parents. That was due to my parents. Plus I just never wanted to. But Paul said we have all sinned and fall short of the glory of God. That has to do with our nature that we are born with.
sin is a LEARNED PROCESS, just as with hate, and all other things. and to learn any of it...... this is why parents are here, train up a child in the way of the Lord. hence why we go to school..... to LEARN. as well as with God, we must LEARN of him. Matthew 11:28 "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:29 "Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls."

be blessed.

101G.

sin is a LEARNED PROCESS, just as with hate, and all other things. and to learn any of it...... this is why parents are here, train up a child in the way of the Lord. hence why we go to school..... to LEARN. as well as with God, we must LEARN of him. Matthew 11:28 "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:29 "Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls."

be blessed.

101G.
Do you believe that a child that is born sinless in nature as you said, can grow up and stay sinless, and thus doesn't need to be born again of the Spirit? Of course, that child would not have the Spirit inside, so I'm answering my own question to you. Jesus said, we MUST be born again. But why if they never sin because they learned of Jesus?

Do you believe that a child that is born sinless in nature as you said, can grow up and stay sinless, and thus doesn't need to be born again of the Spirit? Of course, that child would not have the Spirit inside, so I'm answering my own question to you. Jesus said, we MUST be born again. But why if they never sin because they learned of Jesus?
have you ever sin when you came into the KNOWLEDGE of Right and Wrong? let 101G make it clear. when you learned how to drive, did you know EVERY RULE OF THE ROAD and NEVER broke any?

or have you told a little lie, that you might think ...... will never hurt anyone? or have you taken a slice of Cake without telling your mother who cooked it? or some other thing on this line of actions. now this, have YOU ever never made a mistake, on or at anything, ... anything? if no, then 101G repent...... (smile).

101G.

have you ever sin when you came into the KNOWLEDGE of Right and Wrong? let 101G make it clear. when you learned how to drive, did you know EVERY RULE OF THE ROAD and NEVER broke any?

or have you told a little lie, that you might think ...... will never hurt anyone? or have you taken a slice of Cake without telling your mother who cooked it? or some other thing on this line of actions. now this, have YOU ever never made a mistake, on or at anything, ... anything? if no, then 101G repent...... (smile).

101G.
I wasn't talking about myself except when I was really young and didn't do some of the things other kids did. What I've always done though is never go against my own conscience. I was raised a Seventh-Day Adventist and we did a lot of memorization growing up. I can still quote the whole Ten Commandments, and the lists of the books of the Bible, both New and Old Testaments. Every night I talk to one of my oldest friends. She and I were in cradle roll together. That's the Sabbath School for toddlers. Neither of us are still Adventists, but she can also recite them. I have been going to the Adventist church here because of Hebrews 10:25. They all know I'm not an Adventist, but they have really welcomed me. I've told her to go visit the Adventist church near her to take part in the hymns. She is a great singer, and hates the modern songs with the bands.

Back
Top Bottom