The Trinity The Touchstone of Truth

Yes, I do, but the church we attend acknowledges that we are not the only church that has the truth. There are many churches who have the truth. We don't all agree on every issue, and that's okay, but there are some issues that are essential to agree on - and I think the Deity of Jesus is one of them. Does that mean that I think you are lost? No, not necessarily, but again this is a major doctrine.
By the way, if I didn't think I had the truth, I would believe something else, right?
Do you think I am lost?
Possibly we have different perspectives. I don't necessarily believe in what someone at church has decided is a major doctrine if the Bible doesn't make it into a major doctrine. I also already know that worshipping humans like Jesus as God is idolatry. It's a stumbling block to me. I didn't make it up. God and the apostles taught such things.

Yes I believe we all sincerely feel we have the truth.

No I don't believe you are necessarily lost. We are all going to need God's mercy regardless of what our doctrines are and our works will be how we are judged in the end anyway. All sins will be forgiven, except one, according to Jesus.

Anyone who thinks they can provide Biblical citations will suffice.
sure, concerning the Holy Spirit? yes, God is a Spirit, per John 4:24a. Father and Son are titles of the Holy Spirit. Genesis 1:2 "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters." Father, now Son, Hebrews 1:2 "Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;" Hebrews 1:3 "Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;"

101G.

Possibly we have different perspectives. I don't necessarily believe in what someone at church has decided is a major doctrine if the Bible doesn't make it into a major doctrine. I also already know that worshipping humans like Jesus as God is idolatry. It's a stumbling block to me. I didn't make it up. God and the apostles taught such things.

Yes I believe we all sincerely feel we have the truth.

No I don't believe you are necessarily lost. We are all going to need God's mercy regardless of what our doctrines are and our works will be how we are judged in the end anyway. All sins will be forgiven, except one, according to Jesus.
The disciples and those Jesus healed worshipped Him and He allowed it so you are on shaky and unbiblical ground with your De Nile of Christ. It dishonors Him and you take away His Glory.

sure, concerning the Holy Spirit? yes, God is a Spirit, per John 4:24a.
That's only about the Father.

Father and Son are titles of the Holy Spirit.
Jesus denied being God in Matthew 12:31,32, clearly demonstrating that he is not the Holy Spirit.
Genesis 1:2 "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."
That's the Father, YHWH.
Father, now Son, Hebrews 1:2 "Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;" Hebrews 1:3 "Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;"

101G.
Says God didn't speak through His son until these last days so speaking through the son isn't how the universe was created in the beginning when God was creating. This, in context, refers to the creation of a time period, or age. It refers to the church age. Dig into the Greek and some literal English translations and you'll see what I am talking about. It means Jesus isn't God.

The disciples and those Jesus healed worshipped Him and He allowed it so you are on shaky and unbiblical ground with your De Nile of Christ. It dishonors Him and you take away His Glory.
Worship isn't equal to the kind of worship in spirit and truth that Jesus taught only the Father gets. As honored and glorified as Jesus is, you have turned him into your idol. It's pardonable.

Yes, I do, but the church we attend acknowledges that we are not the only church that has the truth. There are many churches who have the truth. We don't all agree on every issue, and that's okay, but there are some issues that are essential to agree on - and I think the Deity of Jesus is one of them. Does that mean that I think you are lost? No, not necessarily, but again this is a major doctrine.
By the way, if I didn't think I had the truth, I would believe something else, right?
Do you think I am lost?
I honestly think that I don't have "the truth", and that no church or religious community has "the truth".
I think that only God has the truth.

Now, I also think you and I and everyone in this Forum has ENOUGH truth as to come to God, repent, and live a life of spiritual growth and discovery. That could be about 0.001% of the doctrinal truth, but for me it is enough, and a source of joy! :)

That's only about the Father.
GINOLJC, to all
ERROR, Listen and Learn, James 1:27 "Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world." is this the same person God ....... "AND" ....... the Father? or is this the same one person God, Matthew 4:7 "Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God."
Jesus denied being God in Matthew 12:31,32, clearly demonstrating that he is not the Holy Spirit.
Matthew 12:31 "Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men." Matthew 12:32 "And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come."
was the Son of Man THEN GLORIFIRD on EARTH at that TIME? NO, but is he NOW GLORIFIED as the SPIRIT? YES, supportive scripture, Matthew 19:28 "And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel." so your statement is Null and Void, and reproved..
That's the Father, YHWH.
YHWH? let's see, Psalms 110:1 "A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool." Here the "LORD", all caps is the Father ... correct? and "my Lord" is the ONE who you IGNORANTLY calls the Son, for the Hebrew term for Lord here is,
H113 אָדוֹן 'adown (aw-done') n-m.
אָדֹן 'adon (aw-done') [shortened]
1. sovereign (i.e. controller, human or divine).
2. lord.
{also used as a prefix for names}
[from an unused root (meaning to rule)]
KJV: lord, master, owner.
Compare: H136

NOTE, THIS IS H113 אָדוֹן 'adown (aw-done') n-m.
now 4 verses later, Psalms 110:5 "The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath." here the same "Lord" in verse 1 is the same Lord. and here the "Lord" is the Hebrew term,
H136 אֲדֹנָי 'Adonay (ad-o-noy') n-m.
1. (meaning) Lord (used as a proper name of God only).
2. (person) Adonai, The Lord God of Israel (which is actually “Yahweh God of Israel” - see Exodus 5:1 and 120 other occurrences).
[am emphatic form of H113]
KJV: (my) Lord.
Root(s): H113

BINGO, definition #2. says the Lord in verse 1 is 2. (person) Adonai, The Lord God of Israel (which is actually “Yahweh God of Israel”NOTE. is says in definition #2 (person).... Hello, who is “Yahweh God of Israel” and is not .... as you said, YHWH is the Father....... (smile)....... LOL, LOL, LOL, Oh how misinformed people are.

so all of your statement's above are reproved.

Now if you don't know what emphatic means, and How the Lord in verse 1 is YHWH, Just ask 101G....... (smile), and he will reveal it to you. :LOL:

ye have not because ye ask NOT.

101G.

Back
Top Bottom