Doctrine of Unconditional Election

That was not very nice. you seem to be better than that~besides, who cares if it is copied and paste, truth is truth, and every child of God desires truth. Food is food, babies do not care who feeds them, just as long as they are given food to sustain them.

John Gill is a very worthy writer, yes he has error, but much more truth, but so do all of God's children, no one is perfect in doctrine.

We are here to learn, and to help our brethren, and only God knows who they are.
A huge Amen to this-we are here to learn!

now you are quoting MacAurthur lol. I was exactly like him in every single belief of his for 40 years. Please don't try and tell me what Mac believes. I own every book and commentary he wrote while I was a calvinist.
I'm no fan of
now you are quoting MacAurthur lol. I was exactly like him in every single belief of his for 40 years. Please don't try and tell me what Mac believes. I own every book and commentary he wrote while I was a calvinist.
I am no fan of John Fullerton MacArthur Jr.~I do not judge him, (before the Lord only will he stand or will he fall in that day) but neither do I follow him what little I know of him. He at one time believed in the same doctrine concerning the Sonship of Jesus Christ just as I believe it and teach it, yet dropped it because of the heat he got from others in believing as he did. I lost all respect of his true love for the word of God above the favor of man.

I was a huge fan of gill as a former Calvinist , the same with Sproul, Piper and MacArthur .
I love Gill not because of him being a Calvinist, but his overall understanding of the scriptures except his eschatology.

Sproul, Piper and MacArthur~I have not spent a handful of hours reading them, a little too weak for me, and more than that, a little too much Catholicism hidden in their teachings~a little leaven (Presbyterianism) is dangerous.

Give me men like Samuel Richardson and all those Particular Baptist back in 1500's /1600's hundred.

https://www.pbpage.org/justification-by-christ-alone.pdf

The very best Article concerning Justification by faith that has ever been written~hands down!

Last edited:
If you are not in Christ, you do not believe.
This is scripture

Ephesians 1:13 (NASB 2020) — 13 In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation—having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of the promise,

One is sealed in Christ after having believed

you have reversed it.

I love Gill not because of him being a Calvinist, but his overall understanding of the scriptures except his eschatology.

Sproul, Piper and MacArthur~I have not spent a handful of hours reading them, a little too weak for me, and more than that, a little too much Catholicism hidden in their teachings~a little leaven (Presbyterianism) is dangerous.

Give me men like Samuel Richardson and all those Particular Baptist back in 1500's /1600's hundred.

The very best Article concerning Justification by faith that has ever been written~hands down!
Bookmarked this @Red Baker-thank you!

No, but would be happy to do so. Give me a link.
No I don't have a drawn out writing on the subject although I have wrote on message boards much about it. When I stated but you haven't read mine I meant that as a humor statement making a point The Apostle Paul had the very best writing on the subject not a teacher you might follow and after Paul there could be a great many more you or I have never heard of. My point is I think we're amiss if we say person A or B has the very best writing on anything unless it's the actual scriptures themselves.

Thanks for sharing

God fulfilled that condition before the foundation 1 Cor 1:30

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Eph1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Thats why its an unconditional election of grace Duh
Nope

You are not in Christ in eternity but in time

Romans 16:7 (KJV 1900) — 7 Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellowprisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.

it is the only way some could be in christ before others

and it is through faith

Ephesians 1:13 (KJV 1900) — 13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Gill is widely viewed as a hyper Calvinist

and

The group of Strict Baptists called Strict and Particular Baptists are Baptists who believe in a Calvinist interpretation of Christian salvation.

Nope

Romans 16:7 (KJV 1900) — 7 Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellowprisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.

and it is through faith

Ephesians 1:13 (KJV 1900) — 13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

You contradict and refute yourself saying

"God fulfilled that condition before the foundation 1 Cor 1:30"

and

"Thats why its an unconditional election of grace Duh"

and you fail to address rebuttal

Nope

and it is through faith

and

Nope

and it is through faith

yes no one is saved prior to faith. no faith no salvation, justification, sanctification, glorification.

and

Nope

and it is through faith

You continue to contradict yourself

saying

and

Nope

and it is through faith

You continue to contradict yourself

saying

and

Nope

and it is through faith

Thats why its an unconditional election of grace The elect were in Him by election before the foundation of the world

Thats why its an unconditional election of grace The elect were in Him by election before the foundation of the world

Back
Top Bottom