All Infants according to Calvin are saved

i have never understood the argument/debate over sin coming to us sin came into the world by adam call it inherited imputed or born with a sin nature no one has to teach us to sin. ask a child did they do it? even though they are caught red handed , they say no. which is a lie. if parents cuss like a sailor then the child will learn to cuss to even though they been told not to. so where does the original lie of a child come from? yes regardless of calvin or anyone is . the sinful nature is there we train our Children up in the way they should go.

how ever i will never buy into this innocent Children who does not understand the need to be saved . stands a chance of dyeing and going to hell....period. the Children that denies they did it. does it not because they know its a lie. they do it to keep from getting in trouble. so we might just well admit there are some things we dont know for sure .

i had this discussion years ago in the carm forum with a die hard Calvinist. i asked him if he had a g child pass if he could tell the parents the child went to hell. he would not give me a direct answer

And I think you're sincere in saying this but the question you need to maybe ask .....when you take the wraps off of what you do say.....doesn't it come out to the same thing?

On another message board i gave this analogy....to Calvinists who claim they were being mispresented. It's like they say "We don't believe in the color PURPLE! That's not what we're about!" OK fine.....but if they're mixing BLUE and RED guess what they really believe when you take the wraps off? It comes out to the same thing. PURPLE. So the question what are the ingredients you're mixing when you think about God?

No, it's not the same thing. Do we have "free will"? Yes, if by "free" you mean we freely will according to our inclination. Our inclination is evil until we receive the Holy Spirit. As Paul says, we were slaves to sin, but once we are saved, we become slaves to righteousness. But being enslaved to an inclination, whether evil or good, does not mean that we always submit to that inclination. Saved people sometimes still sin, yes, even if they are REALLY saved. And unsaved people sometimes do good, because God's grace is given to both the just and the unjust.

I'll keep going back to this: "You meant it for evil, but God meant it for good." Joseph's brothers did what they did of their own evil-inclined free will. But God meant for it to happen, so it couldn't happen any other way. To our pea-brain human mind, that leads to cognitive dissonance, but it's right there in black and white, so I cannot, no, I will not deny it.

Isaiah 55: 8 “For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.
9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.

So just because it's cognitive dissonance to us doesn't mean it isn't so.

And I'd say Bob it's not that there's really a thelogy about this. For there to be so there'd have to be a Bible verse which comes right out and say yea or nay.
"Theology" is MAN'S INTERPRETATION of what the Bible says. "having verses to say what "theology" says" is nice, but to a theologian skilled in the art, unnecessary. This is particularly true in Roman Catholicism, where the Bible is unimportant, and "Tradition" is what they'll go with every time.

No, it's not the same thing. Do we have "free will"? Yes, if by "free" you mean we freely will according to our inclination. Our inclination is evil until we receive the Holy Spirit. As Paul says, we were slaves to sin, but once we are saved, we become slaves to righteousness. But being enslaved to an inclination, whether evil or good, does not mean that we always submit to that inclination. Saved people sometimes still sin, yes, even if they are REALLY saved. And unsaved people sometimes do good, because God's grace is given to both the just and the unjust.

I'll keep going back to this: "You meant it for evil, but God meant it for good." Joseph's brothers did what they did of their own evil-inclined free will. But God meant for it to happen, so it couldn't happen any other way. To our pea-brain human mind, that leads to cognitive dissonance, but it's right there in black and white, so I cannot, no, I will not deny it.

Isaiah 55: 8 “For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.
9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.

So just because it's cognitive dissonance to us doesn't mean it isn't so.

Then why does everyone continue to sin? Simple but profound question.

Most everyone treats such words as absolutes.

Because we're HUMAN, and Temptation is real.

It is because there is nothing good in our flesh. There never has been. We are but dust. Adam was but dust.

The appeal given is often to how the "new birth" changes so many things about us and it does. However, it does not change the flesh. God will do that Himself one day.

Psa 103:14 For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.

Children can be sinful in the womb.

And just when you KNOW IT CAN'T get any more ridiculous!!!!!!

It does.
The story, Gen 25:22-23, is GOD's truth. You castigate me but ignore your chance to exegete the story for yourself... Why do you not give answering my questions a try?

For instance: where is your word study of struggle / rastats?
Strong's Concordance
ratsats: to crush
Original Word: רָצַץ
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: ratsats
Phonetic Spelling: (raw-tsats')
Definition: to crush

Last edited:
TedT said:
Children can be sinful in the womb.

seriously can you show scripture to prove this? i mean the baby is %100 DEPENPENDENT on the mother for life. i dont where you get this from . i noticed you said you was being ignored. you suddenly backed off our discussion when i asked for you to give your stand on the topic at hand

The story, Gen 25:22-23, is GOD's truth. You castigate me but ignore your chance to exegete the story for yourself... Why do you not give answering my questions a try?

For instance: where is your word study of struggle / rastats?
Strong's Concordance
ratsats: to crush
Original Word: רָצַץ
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: ratsats
Phonetic Spelling: (raw-tsats')
Definition: to crush
i know you said no but trust me everything you have posted shows your reformed theology aka Calvinism

the "new birth" changes so many things about us and it does. However, it does not change the flesh. God will do that Himself one day.
i agree the holy spirit gives us the ability's to keep the flesh under control walk in the spirit mortify the deeds of the flesh put on the new man take off the old

i agree the holy spirit gives us the ability's to keep the flesh under control walk in the spirit mortify the deeds of the flesh put on the new man take off the old

How did that work for Paul?

I'm not making excuses. We willingly sin because we are weak.

I'm not making excuses. We willingly sin because we are weak.
NOT necessarily 16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. anger is listed in Galatians 5 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: [d]adultery, [e]fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, [f]murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. its also wrote be ye angry and sin not. if someone said something very derogatory towards your spouse. your reaction would be ????? blow it off or get angry say something back especially if said to your face. i agree in some instances of sin there is weakness . our sinful nature is still there we just have to keep it in Check

some reactions comes out . not every thing is out of weakness .let some one do something to my family.. trust me if i respond it wont be very nice

look i made a agreement with you on your post because i agree . and i feel your right. i did respond but not any more. i gave scripture that backed up what you said and you question walk in the spirit? walk =led = be sensitive to the prompting of the spirit .. i am done

NOT necessarily 16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. anger is listed in Galatians 5 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: [d]adultery, [e]fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, [f]murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. its also wrote be ye angry and sin not. if someone said something very derogatory towards your spouse. your reaction would be ????? blow it off or get angry say something back especially if said to your face. i agree in some instances of sin there is weakness . our sinful nature is still there we just have to keep it in Check

some reactions comes out . not every thing is out of weakness .let some one do something to my family.. trust me if i respond it wont be very nice

The more I live the more I realize just what sin is. You think it is "taste not".... "handle not"..... but it is worse than this...

If you only love those that love you, then what do you differ from a sinner? Do not sinners do the same?

It is something we battle our entire lives.....

Again. No excuses. We have always been weak. From the very moment we are born we must learn. With the Spirit of God in the new birth, we learn more and more and more.

Just how many people do you believe sincerely love those that do not love them? Sincerely. Maturely. Love them to the point of abandoning their own self interest?

I've meet very few. So very few in my life. I've meet one that has never changed. His name is Jesus Christ. A goal. A standard.

Php 3:13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
Php 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

look i made a agreement with you on your post because i agree . and i feel your right. i did respond but not any more. i gave scripture that backed up what you said and you question walk in the spirit? walk =led = be sensitive to the prompting of the spirit .. i am done

I'm challenging you. I'm challenging your perspective. No offense meant.

I'm challenging you. I'm challenging your perspective. No offense meant.
my perspective is to guard against the old man. he can come out at any given moment and it dont mean we are week just humans being who need Christ his mercy endures forever

Again. No excuses. We have always been weak. From the very moment we are born we must learn. With the Spirit of God in the new birth, we learn more and more and more.
and in a nut shell that is what i said unperfect people trying to follow a perfect savior

i know you said no but trust me everything you have posted shows your reformed theology aka Calvinism
Are you a Mormon or a JW because you believe YHWH is the Father or Jesus is our saviour? All theologies contain some overlap but the separation is found in the details...

I scorn the idea of unconditional election and unconditional reprobation especially when those who espouse unconditional election refuse to accept that this must mean unconditional reprobation also. The mental gymnastics they use to separate these corollaries is amazing.

I wrote this short pov of election by merit and reprobation / condemnation by dismerit 5 years ago:
CrowCross;n5391898 said:
Where is your verse that states the opposite of UE?

Every verse that states or implies our GOD is loving, righteous and just.

1 Timothy 5:21 I charge thee before GOD and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the ELECT angels. Since there are elect angels we can assume that the demonic angels were passed over for election or not considered for election. Angels do not presumably have any racial solidarity, ie, they all are holy or sinful by their own choice, not by anyone else's choice. So now we have to answer the question: were some elected before or after the fall of the Satanic rebellion?

IF they were elected / chosen before the fall then there is no stated reason for the non-election of the others. Unconditional election means ALL were just as acceptable for election as everyone but SOME did not receive it. Unmerited election then also means unmerited non-election, ie, for no lack of merit at all some were passed over for salvation and NOT chosen to be saved if they should ever sin.

What can we make of such a supposition? Can we say it is loving? Righteous? Just? The best we can say is HE is sovereign and if HE chose this way then who are you to argue, which is not a real answer at all and only serves the Calvinist pov and does nothing to further the understanding of GOD's glory but restricts it to HIS sovereignty.. Why teach us HE is loving, righteous and just if it has no meaning in the biggest question in their existence: Why were some passed over for election!!!

It is entirely possible that the decision for some to receive unmerited election and others to receive unmerited rejection for election with no indication that this decision was loving, righteous or just could have precipitated the Satanic war in heaven for NOT BEING loving, righteous or just so they committed themselves to war, putting their faith in the belief that YHWH was a false god and a liar, unworthy of being their GOD.

This is what 'unconditional' implies. It implies 'no reason', not just an 'unknown reason' because if there was a reason there would be merit by being on the side of the reason. Unconditional election means they were just as acceptable for election as everyone but did not receive it... that does NOT sound like my GOD at all. IF they were passed over for an evil they did then there is merit to the election of those that were not passed over but who got the promise of election because they did not do that evil!!

BUT, if election was a response to the Satanic rebellion to reward those angels who did not rebel and to pass over those angels who did rebel with the unforgivable sin and condemn them on the spot, Jn 3:18, then merit makes sense. Their free will rebellion to the command to put their faith in the Son and to love one another which they heard in the beginning* is the reason they were passed over to be HIS Bride. The free will choice by some to accept HIM as their GOD and to put their faith in in HIS Son was the reason they were elected based upon the merit of this choice to obey the commandment.

*[1 John 2:24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

1 John 3:8 ...for the devil sinneth from the beginning.
Jamieson, Fausset and Brown's commentary(#27) says: “sinneth from the beginning - from the time that sin began; from the time that he became what he is, the devil.”

1 John 3:11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. I believe that John is referring to the loving purpose GOD has for each of us: 1 John 3:23 And this is His commandment, That we should believe on the name of His Son, Jesus Christ, and love one another, as He gave us commandment. ]

Thus we probably have an angelic precedent for election being based upon merit and proper free will decisions being the condition of being elected. And since unconditional election is false in the first people elected, the angels, I strongly suggest that it is wrongly used for sinful men who were also elected before the foundation of the world, Ephesians 1:4, you know, at the beginning, the time of the Satanic fall, perhaps, which implies that all the sons of GOD who sang HIS praise at the creation of the physical universe, Job 38:7 ...while the morning stars sang together and ALL the sons of God shouted for joy? Berean Standard Bible, included me and thee, another definitely non-Calvinist doctrine that is the basis of my whole Christian pov.

Also I repudiate the Calvinist acceptance of the dogma of our sinfulness being inherited from Adam and NOT by our free will decision to rebel against GOD which I contend is the only way to accrue sinfulness to oneself. This evil doctrine makes GOD the creator of sin, a pov Calvinists are comfortable with but which I find to be anathema. If Calvinists see this as enough to reject me as one of their own then that is quite acceptable to me.

Thanks so much for providing this springboard for me to jump into my favourite doctrine, our pre-conception existence, our pre-earthly lives in which we all became sinners before we were sown into this world, Matt 13:36-39.

Are you a Mormon or a JW because you believe YHWH is the Father or Jesus is our saviour? All theologies contain some overlap but the separation is found in the details...
lol your Calvinist through and through what am i ? i am a blood bought child of the king . im sorry i struck a nerve that was not my intention. but its how it goes

Back
Top Bottom