Infant Reprobation and Damnation

Context .

CONTEXT DOES NOT MAKE THE MEANING THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT IT SAYS.

That's special pleading, ad hoc, to sacrifice it's meaning to man-made ideas that are brought.

"It CAN'T just mean WHAT IT SAYS."

Turning the text on its head.

And then accusing those who just literally believe what it says that they are not believing the Bible.

THE IRONY IN THAT.

And all to protect the secret sin of self-righteousness in man.

Very shameful.

"No one is good but God."

But the CONTEXT, look at the CONTEXT:

"What shall I DO to inherit eternal life?"

Oh, the context is SALVATION, and the STATE OF MANKIND, and the universal requirements to enter heaven.

Proof texting!

Pitting scripture vs. scripture!

I DON'T LIKE IT FOR MY THEOLOGY.

OUT OF CONTEXT, TONS OF PEOPLE ARE GOOD!

So Jesus REALLY means:

"LOTS OF PEOPLE ARE GOOD."

Ta-da!

WE JUST MADE JESUS SAY THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT HE SAYS IN THE NAME OF "CORRECT" INTERPRETATION!

:)

CONTEXT DOES NOT MAKE THE MEANING THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT IT SAYS.

That's special pleading, ad hoc, to sacrifice it's meaning to man-made ideas that are brought.

"It CAN'T just mean WHAT IT SAYS."

Turning the text on its head.

And then accusing those who just literally believe what it says that they are not believing the Bible.

THE IRONY IN THAT.

And all to protect the secret sin of self-righteousness in man.

Very shameful.
I refuted your Solitary verse ripped out from Roman’s 3

According to Genesis 1:31, God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good. This includes man, who is the master-piece of God’s works and His visible image and deputy here on earth. The word “good” to me means in harmony with God. That Harmony was thrown off key by the fall. Our salvation through Jesus restores that love song.

Now in this case we have Jesus answering a question from a religious leader.

Once a religious leader asked Jesus this question: "Good Teacher, what should I do to inherit eternal life?"
"Why do you call me good?" Jesus asked him. "Only God is truly good."— Luke 18:18-19

Jesus was challenging the religious leader to wake up and understand the truth that stood right in front of him. If he was calling Jesus "good," then he must come to understand that Jesus is God and not play religious games but truly come to believe.

Since JESUS is NOT a liar.

And he said NO ONE IS GOOD.

That means YOU are wrong.

And nothing in the Word is "pitted" against Jesus statement, but completely agrees.
Jesus also said of children that when angels look at them, they're just like looking at the Father in Heaven. I guess you're saying God doesn't look all that good. . .

The bible says many things, but if what you think it says contradicts other passages, you're just wrong.

That's all.

Jesus also said of children that when angels look at them, they're just like looking at the Father in Heaven. I guess you're saying God doesn't look all that good. . .

The bible says many things, but if what you think it says contradicts other passages, you're just wrong.

That's all.
And we must remember the context of the passage where Jesus said no one is good.

Then there is Jesus teaching on the Good Samaritan:)

Literally making things up, this is sad.

I give up.
It is good to grasp the one and not let go of the other. Whoever fears God will avoid all extremes. Wisdom makes one wise person more powerful than ten rulers in a city. (Ecclesiastes 7:18-19)

Give up if you like, but it still is written.

In the end, some people just want to worship a god who hates everyone and everything. That's all there is to it.

But that's not the Father in Heaven that Jesus spoke about in the gospels.

Correction. As long as he loves THEM they're fine with him not loving anybody else.
There are many people that have a hard time dealing with love. God loves us and he wants us to love him and to love each other. It's such an important topic that the Bible has one whole chapter on just this one topic.

IF I [can] speak in the tongues of men and [even] of angels, but have not love (that reasoning, intentional, spiritual devotion such as is inspired by God’s love for and in us), I am only a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
2 And if I have prophetic powers (the gift of interpreting the divine will and purpose), and understand all the secret truths and mysteries and possess all knowledge, and if I have [sufficient] faith so that I can remove mountains, but have not love (God’s love in me) I am nothing (a useless nobody).
3 Even if I dole out all that I have [to the poor in providing] food, and if I surrender my body to be burned or in order that I may glory, but have not love (God’s love in me), I gain nothing.
4 Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily.
5 It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God’s love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong].
6 It does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but rejoices when right and truth prevail.
7 Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything [without weakening].
8 Love never fails [never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end]. As for prophecy (the gift of interpreting the divine will and purpose), it will be fulfilled and pass away; as for tongues, they will be destroyed and cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away [it will lose its value and be superseded by truth].
9 For our knowledge is fragmentary (incomplete and imperfect), and our prophecy (our teaching) is fragmentary (incomplete and imperfect).
10 But when the complete and perfect (total) comes, the incomplete and imperfect will vanish away (become antiquated, void, and superseded).
11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; now that I have become a man, I am done with childish ways and have put them aside.
12 For now we are looking in a mirror that gives only a dim (blurred) reflection [of reality as in a riddle or enigma], but then [when perfection comes] we shall see in reality and face to face! Now I know in part (imperfectly), but then I shall know and understand fully and clearly, even in the same manner as I have been fully and clearly known and understood [by God].
13 And so faith, hope, love abide [faith—conviction and belief respecting man’s relation to God and divine things; hope—joyful and confident expectation of eternal salvation; love—true affection for God and man, growing out of God’s love for and in us], these three; but the greatest of these is love.
1 Co 13:1–13.

From the Calvinist/Reformed Belgic Confession

Article 15: Of Original Sin.​

We believe that, through the disobedience of Adam, original sin is extended to all mankind; which is a corruption of the whole nature, and an hereditary disease, wherewith infants themselves are infected even in their mother's womb, and which produceth in man all sorts of sin, being in him as a root thereof; and therefore is so vile and abominable in the sight of God, that it is sufficient to condemn all mankind. Nor is it by any means abolished or done away by baptism; since sin always issues forth from this woeful source, as water from a fountain; notwithstanding it is not imputed to the children of God unto condemnation, but by his grace and mercy is forgiven them.

Infants are abominable. Yikes

I recall having thoughts where you compare what Jesus said to do so you could be like the Father, and Calvinist teaching does the opposite .. it seems many humans are more righteous than the calvinist god.

Then we have the Bible :)

Deut 1:39
And as for your little ones, who you said would become a prey, and your children, who today have no knowledge of good or evil, they shall go in there. And to them I will give it, and they shall possess it. cf Isaiah 7:16.

Matthew 18:2-5
And He called a child to Himself and set him before them, and said, “Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven

Matthew 18:10
“See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven continually see the face of My Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 18:14
So it is not the will of your Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones perish.

Matthew 19:13-14

Then some children were brought to Him so that He might lay His hands on them and pray; and the disciples rebuked them. But Jesus said, “Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.

Mark 9:36-37

Taking a child, He set him before them, and taking him in His arms, He said to them, “Whoever receives one child like this in My name receives Me; and whoever receives Me does not receive Me, but Him who sent Me.”

Mark 10:13-16
And they were bringing children to Him so that He might touch them; but the disciples rebuked them. But when Jesus saw this, He was indignant and said to them, “Permit the children to come to Me; do not hinder them; for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all.

Luke 9:47-48
But Jesus, knowing what they were thinking in their heart, took a child and stood him by His side, and said to them, “Whoever receives this child in My name receives Me, and whoever receives Me receives Him who sent Me; for the one who is least among all of you, this is the one who is great.”

Luke 18:15-17
And they were bringing even their babies to Him so that He would touch them, but when the disciples saw it, they began rebuking them. But Jesus called for them, saying, “Permit the children to come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all.”

hope this helps !!!

Back
Top Bottom