Why All Is Not Ordained

Are you kidding me ?

That is my work, my post. You can surely do better than that can't you ?

You accusing me falsely so you owe me an apology since post 400 is my words not anyone else's words but my own.
Sure it is. It's your story, tell it however you like.

Nope
Try out in your local graveyard and get back to us. LOL
so much for your mystical and unbiblical dead since Jesus had the HIDE truth from the dead with parables, close their eyes, harden their hearts, cause them to be deaf. If they are dead then there is no need for doing that ROFL.

NEXT

hope this helps !!!

Irrelevant to your claim. You claimed you know who believers are. Geniune believers. How?
everyone that responds to the gospel- one is only elect in Christ after they believe- Eph 1:13-14.

next...................................................................

hope this helps !!!

everyone that responds to the gospel- one is only elect in Christ after they believe- Eph 1:13-14.

hope this helps !!!
Notice the word genuinely? Notice now claims to know the heart which the Bible says only God k ows.

so much for your mystical and unbiblical dead since Jesus had the HIDE truth from the dead with parables, close their eyes, harden their hearts, cause them to be deaf. If they are dead then there is no need for doing that ROFL.

NEXT

hope this helps !!!
Dead Spiritually or physically? Or both?

hope this helps !!!
That's not what verse 13 says at all. God chooses the elect. Nowhere does the Bible say God chose you because you chose Him.

Come on debater, you cam do better.

Scared? I asked physically or Spiritually first. I am required to answer yours and you can simply ignore mine? It's not going to work that way.
Typical evasiveness like I expected. Pick your poison from 1 of these many Greek Lexicons and Biblical sources below.

Strongs
nekros: dead

Original Word:
νεκρός, ά, όν
Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: nekros
Phonetic Spelling: (nek-ros')
Definition: dead
Usage: (a) adj: dead, lifeless, subject to death, mortal, (b) noun: a dead body, a corpse.

3498 nekrós (an adjective, derived from nekys, "a corpse, a dead body") – dead; literally, "what lacks life"; dead; (figuratively) not able to respond to impulses, or perform functions ("unable, ineffective, dead, powerless," L & N, 1, 74.28); unresponsive to life-giving influences (opportunities); inoperative to the things of God.

BDAG's definition:

νεκρός, ά, όν
A.
as adj. (perh. as early as Hom., certainly Pind.; in Ath. only R. title)
1. pert. to being in a state of loss of life, dead, of pers.:
2. pert. to being so morally or spirtually deficientas to be in effect dead, dead, fig. ext. of 1
a. of pers. [...] Eph 2:1, 5; Col 2:13.
b. of things ν. ἔργα dead works that cannot bring eternal life
3. pert. to having never been alive and lacking capacity for life, dead, lifeless
B. as subst.
1. one who is no longer physically alive, dead person, a dead body, a corpse, lit.
2. one who is so spiritually obtuse as to be in effect dead, dead

Liddell-Scott-Jones Definitions

νεκρός, ὁ

(of a woman, Diph. 129),

I

1. corpse, Hom., etc.: as Subst., in early writers always of mankind, νεκροὺς συλήσετε τεθνηῶτας Il. 6.71; ν. ἔρυον κατατεθνηῶτας 18.540: freq. of those killed in battle, τοὺς ν. ὑποσπόνδους ἀνείλοντο Th. 4.44, etc.: in sg., νεκρῷ ἐούσῃ Μελίσσῃ Hdt. 5.92. η'; κεῖται ν. περὶ νεκρῷ S. Ant. 1240, etc.; Πατρόκλῳ ν. ὄντι Pl. R. 391b: the Art. is freq. omitted even of a particular corpse, esp. when a gen. is added, ν. γυναικός, ἀνθρώπου, Hdt. 2.89, 90, cf. A. Ag. 659, Th. 1018; later, of a fish, ν. ἰχθύος M.Ant. 6.13: neut. pl. νεκρά, τά, Plu. 2.773d: metaph., νεκρὰ καὶ καπνός M.Ant. 12.33.

2. dying person, μυχθισμὸς νεκρῶν E. Rh. 789; ν. ἀσπαίροντες Antipho 2.4.5; ν. ἀποθνῄσκοντες Th. 2.52.

3. metaph., ὁ υἱός μου ν. ἦν καὶ ἀνέζησε Luke 15:24; ὄνομα ἔχεις ὅτι ζῇς καὶ ν. εἶ Revelation 3:1; ν. τῇ ἁμαρτίᾳ Romans 6:11.

4. in pl., the dead, as dwellers in the nether world, κλυτὰ ἔθνεα νεκρῶν Od. 10.526, cf. 11.34, etc.; ἐν νεκροῖς LXX Psalms 87:5(88).5; ἐκ νεκρῶν ἐγεῖραι John 12:1; ἡ ἀνάστασις ἡ ἐκ ν. Luke 20:35 : metaph., ζωὴ ἐκ ν. Romans 11:15.

II

1. as Adj. νεκρός, ά, όν, dead, first in Pi., ν. ἵππος Fr. 203; ν. σώματα Mitteis Chr. 31 ii 22 (ii B.C.), Ach.Tat. 3.5, cf. Nic.Dam. 58 J., Plu. 2.685b, X. Ephesians 5:1, POxy. 51.8 (ii A.D.), BGU 1024vii26 (iv/v A.D.) (but also τὰ τῶν ν. σώματα Pl. Lg. 959b; σῶμα.. νεκροῦ E. Hec. 679); ν. χελώνη Luc. DDeor. 7.4: Comp. -ότερος AP 11.135 (Lucill.).

2. inanimate, inorganic, opp. ἔμψυχος, Plot. 3.6.6; οὐχὶ ν., ὥσπερ λίθον ἢ ξύλον, ἀλλὰ ζω[]ν Id. 4.7.9; οὐρανὸς.. ὢν πρὸ ψυχῆς σῶμα ν., γῆ καὶ ὕδωρ Id. 5.1.2; ἡ ν. θάλασσα the Dead Sea, Paus. 5.7.4, Gal. 11.690, Orph. A. 1082.

3. metaph., ν. πλοῦτος Philostr. VS 2.1.1.

Abbott-Smith Manual Greek Lexicon of the New Testament

νεκρός , -ά , -όν ,

[in LXX chiefly for H4191;]

dead,

I. as adj.,

1. prop.: Acts 5:10; Acts 20:9, James 2:26, Revelation 1:18, al.; ὡσεὶ ν ., Matthew 28:4, Mark 9:26, Revelation 1:17;of that which is subject to death, Romans 8:10.

2. Metaph.,

(a) of persons: Luke 15:24; Luke 15:32; of those immersed in worldly cares, Matthew 8:22, Luke 9:60; of spiritual death, John 5:25, Romans 6:13, Ephesians 5:14, Revelation 3:1; τ . παραπτώμασιν , Ephesians 2:1; Ephesians 2:5, Colossians 2:13; of the opposite condition, ν . τῇ ἁμαρτίᾳ Romans 6:11;

(b) of things regarded as inoperative, devoid of power: ἁμαρτία , Revelation 7:8; πίοτις , James 2:17; James 2:26; ἔργα , Hebrews 6:1; Hebrews 9:14.

II. As subst., νεκρός , ὁ (Hom., a1.), chiefly in pl. (οἱ ) ν ., the dead: Matthew 11:5, Mark 12:26, Luke 20:37, 1 Corinthians 15:15, al.; ἀνάστασις (τ .) νεκρῶν , Matthew 22:31, Acts 17:32, al.; ν . . . . ζῶντες , Matthew 22:32, Mark 12:27, Acts 10:42, al.; ἀπὸ νεκρῶν , Luke 16:30; ἐκ ν ., Mark 6:14, Luke 24:46, John 12:1, Acts 13:34, Romans 10:7, al.; πρωτότοκος ἐκ τῶν ν ., Colossians 1:18; ζωὴ ἐκ ν ., Romans 11:15; constr. praegn., ἐκ ν . ζῶντες , Romans 6:13.

Abbott-Smith Manual Greek Lexicon of the New Testament.
Copyright © 1922 by G. Abbott-Smith, D.D., D.C.L.. T & T Clarke, London.​

Vocabulary of the Greek NT

ὁδός in its ordinary sense of ";way,"; ";road,"; is seen in such passages as P Petr I. 21.11 (B.C. 237) ὁδὸς δημοσία, ib. 23.7 (iii/B.C.) (p. [66]) ἀπὸ τῆς βασιλικῆς ὁδοῦ, P Lond 106.14 (iii/B.C.) (= I. p. 61) τά τε σκεύη μου ἐξέρριψεν εἰς τὴν ὁδόν, P Fay 111.5 (A.D. 95–6) ἀπὸ τοῦ σκυλμοῦ τῆς ὡ (= ὁ)δοῦ, ";owing to the fatigue of the journey"; (Edd.), and P Oxy VII. 1068.25 (iii/A.D.) καθ᾽ ὁδόν, ";on the road"; (cf. Luke 10:4, al.). For the metaphorical usage we may cite P Lond 897.10 (A.D. 84) (=III. p. 207) in which a man writes that, in view of the treatment received on his last visit, he will not return to the Arsinoite nome, unless his correspondent can find some ";way"; of preventing a repetition of the injury—ἐὰν δὲ μὴ ἦσα (l. ἦσθα) εὑρηκώς τινα ὁδὸν γράψον μοι κτλ. In the note on P Strass II. 85.22 (B.C. 113) it is suggested that the true reading of P Lond 880.23 (B.C. 119) (= III. p. 9) is πλατεία ὁδὸς τῶν θεῶν. The Christian letter P Oxy XII. 1494.8 (early iv/A.D.) shows us ὁδὸς εὐθεῖα, as in 2 Peter 2:15. For the difficult ὁδὸν θαλάσσης in Matthew 4:15, see McNeile’s note ad l.

The Vocabulary of the Greek New Testament.
Copyright © 1914, 1929, 1930 by James Hope Moulton and George Milligan. Hodder and Stoughton, London.
Derivative Copyright © 2015 by Allan Loder.​

Back
Top Bottom