Calvinism : Fictional Characters

Because it’s foundational and how I can disprove PSA and TULIP.

Thanks for admiring my presuppositions about Gods nature and character are correct and biblical.
We are not talking about PSA or TULIP. Try to stay focused. You seem to have issues with that.

Thank you for agreeing with me. God is not free to lie.

We agree. Why do you persist? Just want to argue?
BTW you are the first Calvinist online who has agreed with me about God is love in that post. I’ve tried on 2 other forums and not one would acknowledge I was right. You are the first.

We are not talking about PSA or TULIP. Try to stay focused. You seem to have issues with that.

Thank you for agreeing with me. God is not free to lie.
Oh but it’s foundational since God cannot lie as you said and God cannot be unloving either since God is love. It dismantles your entire theology quite easily. It’s why I left Calvinism after 40 plus years :)

Our theology should never come before Gods nature and character it should always be underneath it and is submission to God, after all theology is the study of God and we are debating the differences in our theology. @Rockson @synergy @praise_yeshua @TomL @TibiasDad

hope this helps !!!

Last edited:
Oh but it’s foundational since God cannot lie as you said and God cannot be unloving either since God is love. It dismantles your entire theology quite easily. It’s why I left Calvinism after 40 plus years :)

Our theology should never come before Gods nature and character it should always be underneath it and is submission to God, after all theology is the study of God and we are debating the differences in our theology. @Rockson @synergy @praise_yeshua @TomL @TibiasDad

hope this helps !!!
Actually it doesn't. God can also discriminate with His love as does His creation.

Your leaving Calvinism is irrelevant to its validity. I could say the same thing about Arminianism which I left 24 years ago. Does that mean it's necessarily mistaken? Nope. I don't have the bloated sense of self worth you apparently have. . Me, me me.

Actually it doesn't. God can also discriminate with His love as does His creation.

Your leaving Calvinism is irrelevant to its validity. I could say the same thing about Arminianism which I left 24 years ago. Does that mean it's necessarily mistaken? Nope. I don't have the bloated sense of self worth you apparently have. . Me, me me.
no God cannot act unloving. Nice try. Just like God cannot lie.

no its all about God, not you or me and double predestination by definition is unloving.

determinism is unloving

I can name several others doctrines in reformed theology that are unloving and an attack/assault on Gods love and goodness.

no God cannot act unloving. Nice try. Just like God cannot lie.

no its all about God, not you or me and double predestination by definition is unloving.

determinism is unloving

I can name several others doctrines in reformed theology that are unloving and an attack/assault on Gods love and goodness.
I did not say unloving. I said He can discriminate with His love as we do. I don't love my neighbor with the same sort of love I have for my kids.

So say you. I don't believe they are. We can agree to disagree.

I did not say unloving. I said He can discriminate with His love as we do. I don't love my neighbor with the same sort of love I have for my kids.

So say you. I don't believe they are. We can agree to disagree.
when God chooses you to be saved and not your parents and siblings condemning them to hell thats unloving

God giving faith so some and not others to saved them is unloving.

God regenerating you and not your family is unloving.

Since salvation is monergistic by definition God is unloving.

I can prove every one of the above is an assault on Gods character/nature/Being. Plus all of tulip, reformed view of sovereignty, determinism etc....

when God chooses you to be saved and not your parents and siblings condemning them to hell thats unloving
Who said that's unloving? What would be unloving is to claim to want to save someone and simply not do it. He is perfectly capable of doing so but prefers His love one's burn for an eternity. That's loving to you?

This areguement is easily turned around on you.

Who said that's unloving? What would be unloving is to claim to want to save someone and simply not do it. He is perfectly capable of doing so but prefers His love one's burn for an eternity. That's loving to you?

This areguement is easily turned around on you.
No thats why synergism is biblical and monergism is not. God give humanity the choice to love Him, serve Him, obey Him, come to Him and not by force/coersion ( regeneration and giving a person faith ) so that they will come to Him not by their free will but because God regenerated you without your consent. That is unloving and by definition forcing people to love Him.

No thats why synergism is biblical and monergism is not. God give humanity the choice to love Him, serve Him, obey Him, come to Him and not by force/coersion ( regeneration and giving a person faith ) so that they will come to Him not by their free will but because God regenerated you without your consent. That is unloving and by definition forcing people to love Him.
Choice has nothing to do with it. If your child was in a burning building you would not save them? You would stand there and ask then if they want to be saved? That's some loving God you have there. I will pass.

Choice has nothing to do with it. If your child was in a burning building you would not save them? You would stand there and ask then if they want to be saved? That's some loving God you have there. I will pass.
No in Calvinism God only saved 1/6 children and let the other 5 burn and die. It’s called predestination and determinism.

No in Calvinism God only saved 1/6 children and let the other 5 burn and die. It’s called predestination and determinism.
Because of their sin and rebellion.

Better than "I love you"! I want to save you. And can if I really wanted to. Bit prefer you burn for an eternity. That's how much I really love you. That's some loving God you have there. Thanks, but no thanks.

Better yet He will burn those who never get to hear the gospel. Because He loves them? Yikes

I definitely don't have all the answers, so the question "is God free" to do as he pleases. For me that can only be answered in what scriptures tell us about God.
The first one that comes to mind Isaiah 55:8 -10

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

10 For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:

Was God free to create mankind? Since god created mankind in his image I would say that yes he was free to create mankind.

Was God free to destroy mankind? The story in the bible of knowing the flood Shows us that yes he was free to destroy mankind.

Then there's the big one do we like to discuss. Can god go against his nature. My answer is no, But as I've already stated I don't have all the answers, I don't even know all the questions. But let's see what these guys say about it.

Is there anything God cannot do?​

Because of their sin and rebellion.

Better than "I love you"! I want to save you. And can if I really wanted to. Bit prefer you burn for an eternity. That's how much I really love you. That's some loving God you have there. Thanks, but no thanks.

Better yet He will burn those who never get to hear the gospel. Because He loves them? Yikes
yep you just described the god of calvinism - we agree once again. :)

His will is bound by His divine nature. It's free within the bounds of that nature.

So again I ask is God free to lie? Is He morally capable of doing so? Simple yes or no answer. The answer should be rather obvious.
That is free will

One is free to act within his nature.

PS I believe that was already answered no.

Back
Top Bottom