The Unitarian challenge for those who deny Jesus is Almighty God

I've noticed when reading the New Testament that in several different books by different authors it seems they are purposefully ambiguous as to whom they are referring to when discussing the Father and the Son. A few instances could be dismissed, but I've noticed this is the situation in many passages.To me, they all believed that Jesus is God, so strictly differentiating between the Father and the Son was not always a concern for them.

We are all at different stages in the process of learning.
Just like God doesn't always mean the Father as we know it can also mean the Son, the Holy Spirit and also the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Like you pointed out the same with God and also with YHWH.

Just like God doesn't always mean the Father as we know it can also mean the Son, the Holy Spirit and also the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Like you pointed out the same with God and also with YHWH.

Notice Ephesians 6:9 and Colossians 4:1 are passages from the OP.
The JW who posts on this site won't even identify who the Master is in just these two passages.

Here we are on page 3 of this thread and those who deny the Lord Jesus is God are not doing well with what should be simple identifications.

Another passage that I didn't list in the OP is Acts 12:11. To whom does the Lord refer to?
JW's affirm it refers to the Father.

Jesus is also in view.

Acts 12:11
When Peter came to himself, he said, “Now I know for sure that the Lord has sent forth His angel and rescued me from the hand of Herod and from all that the Jewish people were expecting.”

The same Greek word for "rescued" (exaireō) is used later on within this same book in reference to Jesus.
He is the same Lord (cf. Acts 26:15) who rescued Paul.

Acts 26:15-17
(15) “And I said, ‘Who are You, Lord?’ And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom you are persecuting.
(16) But get up and stand on your feet; for this purpose I have appeared to you, to appoint you a minister and a witness not only to the things which you have seen, but also to the things in which I will appear to you;
(17) rescuing you from the Jewish people and from the Gentiles, to whom I am sending you

Notice further that in both accounts this rescue by the Lord Jesus was in relation to the Gentiles (cf. Herod in 12:11) and the Jews.

Another passage that I didn't list in the OP is Acts 12:11. To whom does the Lord refer to?
JW's affirm it refers to the Father.

Jesus is also in view.

Acts 12:11
When Peter came to himself, he said, “Now I know for sure that the Lord has sent forth His angel and rescued me from the hand of Herod and from all that the Jewish people were expecting.”

The same Greek word for "rescued" (exaireō) is used later on within this same book in reference to Jesus.
He is the same Lord (cf. Acts 26:15) who rescued Paul.

Acts 26:15-17
(15) “And I said, ‘Who are You, Lord?’ And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom you are persecuting.
(16) But get up and stand on your feet; for this purpose I have appeared to you, to appoint you a minister and a witness not only to the things which you have seen, but also to the things in which I will appear to you;
(17) rescuing you from the Jewish people and from the Gentiles, to whom I am sending you

Notice further that in both accounts this rescue by the Lord Jesus was in relation to the Gentiles (cf. Herod in 12:11) and the Jews.
Well Fred you are on the right track. if you don't mind this same "Lord" who meet our brother Paul on the Road to Damascus, did not Ananias say the one who meet our brother Paul was the God of our fathers? let's check the record. Acts 22:14 "And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth."

that word he used "chosen" is very important, WHY? because the account you posted when Paul was before king Agrippa collaborates who the God of our fathers that "MADE" him his minister. let's check the record. Acts 26:13 "At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me." Acts 26:14 "And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks." Acts 26:15 "And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest." Acts 26:16 "But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;"

here this term "make" is the same term as "CHOSEN" used by our brother Ananias as to who mad Paul his minister.... the God of our fathers, meaning the God of the OLD TESTAMENT..... yes, the LORD Jesus God almighty. for the terms "Make" and "Chosen" is
G4400 προχειρίζομαι procheirizomai (pro-chei-riy'-zo-mai) v.
1. to handle for oneself in advance.
2. (figuratively) to purpose.
[middle voice from G4253 and a derivative of G5495]
KJV: choose, make

so, clearly JESUS is God almighty.

101G.

Well Fred you are on the right track. if you don't mind this same "Lord" who meet our brother Paul on the Road to Damascus, did not Ananias say the one who meet our brother Paul was the God of our fathers? let's check the record. Acts 22:14 "And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth."

that word he used "chosen" is very important, WHY? because the account you posted when Paul was before king Agrippa collaborates who the God of our fathers that "MADE" him his minister. let's check the record. Acts 26:13 "At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me." Acts 26:14 "And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks." Acts 26:15 "And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest." Acts 26:16 "But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;"

here this term "make" is the same term as "CHOSEN" used by our brother Ananias as to who mad Paul his minister.... the God of our fathers, meaning the God of the OLD TESTAMENT..... yes, the LORD Jesus God almighty. for the terms "Make" and "Chosen" is
G4400 προχειρίζομαι procheirizomai (pro-chei-riy'-zo-mai) v.
1. to handle for oneself in advance.
2. (figuratively) to purpose.
[middle voice from G4253 and a derivative of G5495]
KJV: choose, make

so, clearly JESUS is God almighty.

101G.
Second Person in Echad-distinct yet one.

A person does not "share" with Himself.
but God do, now 101G has scripture, OT First, OT, Zechariah 13:7 "Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones." now, NT, Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:"

now your scriptures to counter what 101G has posted.

101G.

Second Person in Echad-distinct yet one.
Just Stop and think for a second. when Ananias said, Acts 22:14 "And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth."

now tell us agent "J" is the God of our fathers a distinct person from that Just one who he, Paul/Saul that hear his voice, and was blinded by his brightness ..... is these two separate and distinct? THINK and READ before you answer.

101G.

LOL, LOL, LOL, Oh how IGNOTANT, when will they ever LEARN? Listen and LEARN, and you was REPROVRD https://berean-apologetics.communit...-trinity-is-wrong-juxtaposition.347/post-7295

now let 101G in Christ Jesus teach you the TRUTH. the Man that is God's Fellow here in the scripture is CHRIST JESUS, God Shared in Flesh.
the Hebrew term Fellow: H5997 עָמִית `amiyth (aw-meeth') n-m.
1. companionship.
2. (hence, concretely) a comrade or kindred man.
[from a primitive root meaning to associate]
KJV: another, fellow, neighbour.

first note definition #2. concretely, meaning in flesh, God in flesh. second, God's fellow here is a "kindred man". lets see it clearly by scriptures what KIND of Kindred man he is. scripture, Revelation 22:16 "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star."

this Greek term "OFFSPRING" is,
G1085 γένος genos (ǰe'-nos) n.
kin.
{abstract or concrete, literal or figurative, individual or collective}
[from G1096]
KJV: born, country(-man), diversity, generation, kind(-red), nation, offspring, stock
Root(s): G1096

KIN? yes as in KINsman Redeemer. is not the Lord Jesus the KINsman Redeemer? ... yes. this is too easy, like taking candy from a baby.

so, clearly we see this MAN, that is God's Fellow is Jesus the Christ, the KINsman Redeemer who redeemed us and saved us from sin. yes, it was GOD who save and redeemed us from .... "our" .... sin. supportive scripture, Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you." who save us Fred? God, the Man who is God's Fellow...... (smile) LOL, LOL, LOL, Oh dear. the ECHAD right there in plain view, but yet they stumble at the stone. Oh My.

now before 101G get to the shared knowledge of God in the ECHAD, do you understand what was posted....... if you cannot comprehend, don't worry about it... ask questions. come into the LIGHT of God's Holy KNOWLEDGE and WISDOM.

101G.

LOL, LOL,

Keep on laughing at your own false teaching that cannot be defended.

The Aramaic word ALWAYS refers to another person.

Thanks for making this easy for me.

Your ransom note response just crumpled right before your eyes.

You have a false Modalistic (yes, that's what it is) jesus that is not the Jesus of the Bible.

The Aramaic word ALWAYS refers to another person.
glad you said that because the KJC can translated it as "ANOTHER", did you see 101G bolded and highlighted it blue for you.
the Hebrew term Fellow: H5997 עָמִית `amiyth (aw-meeth') n-m.
1. companionship.
2. (hence, concretely) a comrade or kindred man.
[from a primitive root meaning to associate]
KJV: another, fellow, neighbour.
see how the KJV can translate "Fellow", as " another", now Fred, is not the Lord Jesus the "ANOTHER" COMFORTER, who is GOD? yes, let's see it in scriptures, John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;" now who was the FIRST COMFORTER with them? the one who just spoke those words, JESUS the Christ. lets keep on reading, John 14:17 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you." NOW LISTEN CLOSLEY TO THIS NEXT VERSE, John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you."
My God he Just told them that he is the Comforter to come to them and be in, in, in, them. And he did come to them and was in them at Pentecost.

now Fred, remember when 101G said he's the KINSMAN REDEEMER, and to be the redeemer he had to die, meaning he had to come in Flesh. do you know the scripture where he came in flesh identified as the "Comforter", not just as "God", but the "Comforter?". if so 101G will be look for that scripture....... (smile)..... :cool:

101G.

see how the KJV can translate "Fellow", as " another", now Fred,

Now 101G, stick with the use of the Aramaic word. Once I see your error which appears right away, I don't even bother to read the rest of your drivel. You start with an error, and it just gets worse.

Now 101G, stick with the use of the Aramaic word. Once I see your error which appears right away, I don't even bother to read the rest of your drivel. You start with an error, and it just gets worse.
ERROR on your Part, do you understand what "ANOTHER" means. understand the Greek has two Meaning for "ANOTHER. LISTEN CAREFULLY. using the Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words [ 1,,G243 G2087 ,allos heteros ] have a difference in meaning, which despite a tendency to be lost, is to be observed in numerous passages. Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort;" heteros expresses a qualitative difference and denotes "another of a different sort." Christ promised to send "another Comforter" (allos, "another like Himself," not heteros), John 14:16.

101G highlighted it in blue for easy following. did you understand? if not, G243 Allos it expresses a numerical difference. and this numerical difference is the ECHAD in First and Last. Beginning and End. and Alpha Omega, and Father and Son. now, the same person? ye, for the definition also stated SAME "SORT" please look up "Sort"..... (smile).

101G.

MAJOR ERROR on your part.
This word (Hebrew word) is always used for another person.

This is too easy.
now the same person? yes, for Sort, using dictionary.com
SORT: noun
#1. a particular kind, species, variety, class, or group, distinguished by a common character or nature:

#2. character, quality, or nature.

BINGO, you been REPROVED...... (Smile), LOL, LOL, LOL, Oh dear.

101G.

@Fred
if you still cannot comprehend, the same PERSON, Hebrews 1:3 "Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;"

express Image means "Exact", meaning thew same. that man who is God's FELLOW is the EXACT same Person who is God.
for Expressed Image is,G5481 χαρακτήρ charakter (cha-rak-teer') n.
1. an engraver (the tool or the person).
2. (by implication) an engraving.
3. (hence) a “character,” the figure stamped.
4. (by extension) an exact copy.
5. (figuratively) a representation.
[from charasso “to sharpen to a point” (akin to G1125 through the idea of scratching)]
KJV: express image
Compare: G1125, G1504
See also: G5480

Just like "sort" said in ANOTHER G243 Allos. the Man that is God's fellow is ANOTHER of himself, "GOD" in flesh... Oh how so easy.

see Fred, this is why the Lord Jesus id called "Son, for Son means “character,”..... God in Flesh just as Phil 2:6-8 states.
Son", [ 1,,G5207, huios ]primarily signifies the relation of offspring to parent (See John 9:18-John 9:20; Gal 4:30. It is often used metaphorically of prominent moral characteristics.

101G has proved to U by scriptures, and definitions. if you still cannot get .... stay in darkness, and believe you delusion, sent by God .... Expressly to U...... (smile) :LOL:.
you been REPROVED, so good day........... :ninja:

101G.

Back
Top Bottom