One God in Three Persons

Edification among God's children. Sometimes it just can't happen.... but it should.

2Co 13:10 Therefore I write these things being absent, lest being present I should use sharpness, according to the power which the Lord hath given me to edification, and not to destruction.

Yes, I see the difference. What about someone like Justin Peters whose apparent gift is to expose and name false teachers? Would he be allowed on the forum? I don't know if I have that gift but I have attempted to expose false teachers and false doctrines many times. Actually I have done that for years, both through discussions with other believers and also teaching. Does that violate your rules? From your paragraph above it seems to. Why is it that we can't call a spade a spade? Should we not warn people who are caught up in a false teaching or a cult, and tell them that that's what they're a part of?

Yes, I see the difference. What about someone like Justin Peters whose apparent gift is to expose and name false teachers? Would he be allowed on the forum? I don't know if I have that gift but I have attempted to expose false teachers and false doctrines many times. Actually I have done that for years, both through discussions with other believers and also teaching. Does that violate your rules? From your paragraph above it seems to. Why is it that we can't call a spade a spade? Should we not warn people who are caught up in a false teaching or a cult, and tell them that that's what they're a part of?
Personally I understand your passion and concern. I would rather present the truth in love and let the Holy Spirit use His word to convict the other person regarding truth. Its much easier to have a relationship over time that builds trust and I believe God can open doors, hearts to the truth. Condemning people just leads to arguments and people close their ears, minds, hearts to what is being said to them.

Do I believe calvinism teaches false doctrines ? yes
But I have had much better success talking with them about God, scripture and asking questions instead of condemning them saying they are false teachers teaching heresy. Christians can believe error, false teachings, false doctrines but correcting a brother in love is the better and more effective way to gain and ear, their trust and be patient with them. Change doesn't happen over night and it takes time to process it.

Just my thoughts and I've talked to many JW's over the years and have done it both ways. Being nice to them while discussing scripture goes along ways compared to calling them false teachers and asking them to leave.

Justin Peters is terrible, his demeanor and attitude is just belittling and arrogant.

As well as most "discernment" ministries getting into pride and only obsessing with other peoples' sins.

It's hard to keep a pure attitude when you get pulled into this whole thing.

Justin Peters is terrible, his demeanor and attitude is just belittling and arrogant.

As well as most "discernment" ministries getting into pride and only obsessing with other peoples' sins.

Although I don't agree with his doctrine - I believe he is a Calvinist - I do think he performs a service for the body of Christ. Many Christians are deceived by false teachers and false doctrine and he is willing to identify them and their teaching - calling it what it is. If I understand you guys, you don't want to do that bluntly and straightforward like he does.

If I was in a cult, I would want someone to tell me directly, yet kindly, and explain why what I believe is false and not scriptural. Is this against the rules here?

There's a difference between being confident and arrogant. I see Justin as more confident in the Lord and the truth than arrogant. "Discernment" ministries obsessing with other people's sins? It's better that somebody does it, rather than nobody, because too many are afraid of offending anyone and want to be seen as loving all people. Telling people the truth - in love - is what they need, whether they take offense or not.

What forum were you guys on before? Does it still exist?
It was called CARM. Most of us left but there are some here who still interact there.

I’m not saying anything about you personally because we do things differently here but you would have been banned there for some of the things you have said/ posted. Especially interacting with a moderator.

This is my site but I’m not a moderator. :) can I influence things ? Yes but seldom do I interfere with the administrator or moderator. That’s their jobs. :)

I like debating with folks like you and I have thick skin. I just ask people respect each other. I don’t think that’s to much to ask any of us adults to do.

Plus I want you guys/ gals to enjoy yourselves here. If everyone takes personal responsibility that it’s their forum too then all is good. Like I keep saying the golden rule applies to all of us. :)

Last edited:
No love lost for your old comrade in arms, huh.

View attachment 130
@civic, I found a couple of some old interactions I had with you when you were a Calvinist. I was very confrontational with everyone at that time but your interaction with me was just an exchange of our opinions. There was nothing explosive that I would normally have with Theo, 4Him, and Howie. They called me everything imaginable under the sun just to get rid of me. P4T had me targeted for extermination on several sites.

@civic, I found a couple of some old interactions I had with you when you were a Calvinist. I was very confrontational with everyone at that time but your interaction with me was just an exchange of our opinions. There was nothing explosive that I would normally have with Theo, 4Him, and Howie. They called me everything imaginable under the sun just to get rid of me. P4T had me targeted for extermination on several sites.
Same here when I left Calvinism they were all against me personally and I became a nicer person when I left Calvinism

Back
Top Bottom