He that believes and is not water baptised is saved

I only quoted….

then Peter said, repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins…

What am I seeing that’s wrong?

I'll say it again for the umpteenth time ..

Because of the multitude of verses that have belief without baptism in water, Acts 2:38 then cannot contradict those verses.

So.. baptism 'for' the remission of sins is akin to baptism for the fact of already having remission of sins.

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation. That's it. Water baptism represents this event. What God does at salvation is pictured in water baptism.

Now I will cease to reply to you about this.

Agree to disagree

Let’s just meet in the middle. I will teach water baptism in the name of Jesus and you don’t have to. We’ll just see when we get there. We will allow the editors to do their editing all they want.
There is no need to edit these texts

Isaiah 55:7 (KJV 1900) — 7 Let the wicked forsake his way, And the unrighteous man his thoughts: And let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; And to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Acts 10:43 (KJV 1900) — 43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

all who repent receive remission of sin

It seems pretty obvious to me. All who believe into the Lord Jesus Christ enter into a spiritual union with Him, so that we are in Christ and Christ is in us.

I am simply saying that baptism signifies life in Christ. It signifies God’s promise to His people of a relationship with Him through His Son by faith. It is the sign of being in Christ rather than in the kingdom of darkness.
I would call it a sign of moral cleanliness

@Rowan

It's not what secures your salvation. Only believing in Jesus will do that.

I disagree, only Jesus Himself secured the salvation and believing in Himself for Salvation for all of His Sheep Church. Jesus Cross Work secured the believing in Him, thats what Jn 12:32 indicates, the drawing here as well as in Jn 6:44 is the drawing unto Faith. The word draw ἕλκω also denotes :

metaphorically, to draw by inward power, lead, impel: John 6:44

by my moral, my spiritual, influence will win over to myself the hearts of all, John 12:32.
Usage: I drag, draw, pull, persuade, unsheathe.
Persuade is faith, cause to believe,

God would persuade Japeth Gen 9 27

God shall enlarge Japheth, and he shall dwell in the tents of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.

The word enlarge is persuade

@Rowan

I disagree, only Jesus Himself secured the salvation and believing in Himself for Salvation for all of His Sheep Church. Jesus Cross Work secured the believing in Him, thats what Jn 12:32 indicates, the drawing here as well as in Jn 6:44 is the drawing unto Faith. The word draw ἕλκω also denotes :

metaphorically, to draw by inward power, lead, impel: John 6:44

by my moral, my spiritual, influence will win over to myself the hearts of all, John 12:32.
Usage: I drag, draw, pull, persuade, unsheathe.
Persuade is faith, cause to believe,

God would persuade Japeth Gen 9 27

God shall enlarge Japheth, and he shall dwell in the tents of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.

The word enlarge is persuade
Sorry there is nothing in John 12:32 above securing belief

There is no need to edit these texts

Isaiah 55:7 (KJV 1900) — 7 Let the wicked forsake his way, And the unrighteous man his thoughts: And let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; And to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Acts 10:43 (KJV 1900) — 43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

You can believe that water baptism in the name of Jesus is unnecessary for remission of sins.
I’m OK with you believing that. It’s your choice.

Believers should be baptized
You don’t need to baptize them. Just let them believe. That’s fine. None of you guys should ever feel like you would ever have to obey Acts 2:38.
Peter definitely got it wrong and you do not have to adhere to it today.
You are free from his commands. Go in peace.

I'll say it again for the umpteenth time ..

Because of the multitude of verses that have belief without baptism in water, Acts 2:38 then cannot contradict those verses.

So.. baptism 'for' the remission of sins is akin to baptism for the fact of already having remission of sins.

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation. That's it. Water baptism represents this event. What God does at salvation is pictured in water baptism.

Now I will cease to reply to you about this.

Agree to disagree
OK, you can disagree with the command that Peter said to the 3000 that asked what they should do for murdering Jesus and being accomplices in his murder… Repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins…. I will agree and you can disagree. I’m cool with that.

OK, you can disagree with the command that Peter said to the 3000 that asked what they should do for murdering Jesus and being accomplices in his murder… Repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins…. I will agree and you can disagree. I’m cool with that.
No one takes my life away from me. I give my own life freely. I have the right to give my life, and I have the right to get it back again. This is what the Father told me.” John 10:18

Jesus wasn't murdered.

The context of these remarks In John 10:18 are important: Jesus is still debating with religious critics who are angry over His recent miracle (John 9). There, Jesus gave sight to a man born blind, which sparked debates that did not end well for the local religious leaders.

Now, Jesus continues to explain His role as "the Good Shepherd," which includes His willingness to die for the sake of His sheep. That sacrificial love, Jesus says, is a reason He has special favor with God the Father (John 10:17; Philippians 2:9). It's possible, in some sense, that those listening might have assumed Jesus prior statement was just an assumption. In other words, that Jesus was "willing" to die, not that He "would die." Talk of Christ's death is something Jesus' closest followers often struggled to accept (Mark 8:31–33).

As He continues, Jesus makes it clear that His role as "the Good Shepherd" (John 10:10–14) and "the Door" (John 10:7–9) not only includes an actual death, it also includes resurrection. That death is entirely voluntary—it is not something into which Jesus is being coerced (Matthew 26:53). And it will result in a resurrection, based on divine power and authority (John 2:19–21). In this relatively brief statement, Jesus claims to have power over life and death—even His own—as granted to Him by God. He predicts His own death and revival.

The grand nature of those ideas may be a reason that—at least here—the crowd doesn't seem to react with accusations of blasphemy, as they do in other passages (John 5:18). In simple terms, what Jesus says is so outlandish that it suggests two other possibilities. The audience seems torn between Jesus being possessed—the ancients' reference to insanity—and being a miraculously-verified messenger (John 10:19–21).

BibleRef

You don’t need to baptize them. Just let them believe. That’s fine. None of you guys should ever feel like you would ever have to obey Acts 2:38.
Peter Preached that Jesus gives repentance and forgiveness of sins Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

No one takes my life away from me. I give my own life freely. I have the right to give my life, and I have the right to get it back again. This is what the Father told me.” John 10:18

Jesus wasn't murdered.

The context of these remarks In John 10:18 are important: Jesus is still debating with religious critics who are angry over His recent miracle (John 9). There, Jesus gave sight to a man born blind, which sparked debates that did not end well for the local religious leaders.

Now, Jesus continues to explain His role as "the Good Shepherd," which includes His willingness to die for the sake of His sheep. That sacrificial love, Jesus says, is a reason He has special favor with God the Father (John 10:17; Philippians 2:9). It's possible, in some sense, that those listening might have assumed Jesus prior statement was just an assumption. In other words, that Jesus was "willing" to die, not that He "would die." Talk of Christ's death is something Jesus' closest followers often struggled to accept (Mark 8:31–33).

As He continues, Jesus makes it clear that His role as "the Good Shepherd" (John 10:10–14) and "the Door" (John 10:7–9) not only includes an actual death, it also includes resurrection. That death is entirely voluntary—it is not something into which Jesus is being coerced (Matthew 26:53). And it will result in a resurrection, based on divine power and authority (John 2:19–21). In this relatively brief statement, Jesus claims to have power over life and death—even His own—as granted to Him by God. He predicts His own death and revival.

The grand nature of those ideas may be a reason that—at least here—the crowd doesn't seem to react with accusations of blasphemy, as they do in other passages (John 5:18). In simple terms, what Jesus says is so outlandish that it suggests two other possibilities. The audience seems torn between Jesus being possessed—the ancients' reference to insanity—and being a miraculously-verified messenger (John 10:19–21).

BibleRef

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
He also preached this… Then Peter said repent and be baptized in the name Jesus Christ for the remission of sins….

Which Peter should I believe?

Seeing as far as I know all here teach you should be water baptized your comments appear to be a falsehood

You can believe that water baptism in the name of Jesus is unnecessary for remission of sins.
I’m OK with you believing that. It’s your choice.
I am believing scripture

Seeing as far as I know all here teach you should be water baptized your comments appear to be a falsehood
Since we are being edited, I want to give you what you want to hear. Go in peace. You do not have to obey Acts 2:38 Only the Jews have to. You as a gentile are free as a bird.
All you have to do is believe. Just a mustard seed of faith should remit your sins just fine.

He also preached this… Then Peter said repent and be baptized in the name Jesus Christ for the remission of sins….

Which Peter should I believe?

Stands to reason Jesus at the Right Hand gives forgiveness of sins and repentance. Plus one cant repent if He hasnt given it to them

I am believing scripture

Yes, by all means do not get baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Run the other way. Go in peace.

Stands to reason Jesus at the Right Hand gives forgiveness of sins and repentance. Plus one cant repent if He hasnt given it to them
So you pick the second Peter and not the first Peter, correct?

Back
Top Bottom