He that believes and is not water baptised is saved

Since we are being edited, I want to give you what you want to hear. Go in peace. You do not have to obey Acts 2:38 Only the Jews have to. You as a gentile are free as a bird.
All you have to do is believe. Just a mustard seed of faith should remit your sins just fine.
Your post was edited for rule violation. You can say what you like as long as you don't break the rules.

Rules List:

1a.
No vulgarity, profanity, name calling, or slang expression(s) that could be interpreted as a suggestion of impropriety or generally regarded as demeaning in nature.

They were already saved, just the ethiopian guy and like Cornelius. Peter was instructing them to be baptized in view of, or because of forgiveness of sins
They were already saved, just the ethiopian guy and like Cornelius. Peter was instructing them to be baptized in view of, or because of forgiveness of sins
Fascinating ispeculation.

Did the 3000 have the Holy Ghost before verse 38 along with remission of sins?

Your post was edited for rule violation. You can say what you like as long as you don't break the rules.

Rules List:

1a.
No vulgarity, profanity, name calling, or slang expression(s) that could be interpreted as a suggestion of impropriety or generally regarded as demeaning in nature.
I don't know what I did.

Fascinating ispeculation.

Did the 3000 have the Holy Ghost before verse 38 along with remission of sins?
They were regenerated before Acts 2:38

They were regenerated before Acts 2:38
Okay, let's take a look....

37 Now when they heard this AND WERE INSTANTLY SAVED, they were pricked in their heart AS THEY WERE ALREADY SAVED, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do AFTER THE FACT THAT WE ARE ALREADY INSTANTLY SAVED?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent UNNECESSARILY, and be baptized UNNECESSARILY every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins SINCE YOU ALREADY HAVE REMISSION OF SINS , and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost SINCE YOU INSTANTLY HAVE THE HOLY GHOST ALREADY.

Interesting idea.

Okay, let's take a look....

37 Now when they heard this AND WERE INSTANTLY SAVED, they were pricked in their heart AS THEY WERE ALREADY SAVED, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do AFTER THE FACT THAT WE ARE ALREADY INSTANTLY SAVED?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent UNNECESSARILY, and be baptized UNNECESSARILY every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins SINCE YOU ALREADY HAVE REMISSION OF SINS , and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost SINCE YOU INSTANTLY HAVE THE HOLY GHOST ALREADY.

Interesting idea.
I dont believe you understand what you looking at. The very fact they had their hearts pricked and expressed as new born babes instruction in the things of God evidenced they were saved . What had occured was foretold Zech 12 10

10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

I dont believe you understand what you looking at. The very fact they had their hearts pricked and expressed as new born babes instruction in the things of God evidenced they were saved . What had occured was foretold Zech 12 10

10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
I know exactly what I am looking at...

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

In highlighted is what they shall do.

What shall you do?

The same or something different?

Back
Top Bottom