He that believes and is not water baptised is saved

You equated the old testament process of remission of sins with the New Testament process. You skip water baptism all together. Edit by Admin.

Rules List:

1a.
No vulgarity, profanity, name calling, or slang expression(s) that could be interpreted as a suggestion of impropriety or generally regarded as demeaning in nature.
Um it was not mentioned either in the Old Testament or New Testament verses I gave

Isaiah 55:7 (KJV 1900) — 7 Let the wicked forsake his way, And the unrighteous man his thoughts: And let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; And to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Acts 10:43 (KJV 1900) — 43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

all who repent receive remission of sin

BTW are you not able to address me without falsifying my comments or indulging in practices that get you edited?

Baptism cannot save you.

In ancient times, baptisms were public events at rivers, signifying a new life in Christ. This tradition continues in churches, emphasizing the public affirmation of one's faith. Recording and sharing these moments extend the celebration, allowing the sharing of personal stories of faith.

1. Baptism Symbolizes our Union with Jesus

According to Romans 6, baptism is for those who have found life in Christ and united with Him through His life, death, and resurrection. It's a commitment to live a new life, mirroring the journey Jesus took.

Nicky Gumbel, in the Alpha program, uses an analogy to explain this: if Jesus is a book and we are a paper inside it, whatever happens to the book also affects the paper. In essence, our union with Christ means that His story becomes ours.

2. Baptism Symbolizes the Washing Away of Sin

Baptism is rich in symbolism. It represents a cleansing, much like washing away dirt from a camping trip. It's an outward expression of an inward transformation – the cleansing of sin by Jesus.

3. Baptism Symbolizes Entrance into God's Kingdom

Finally, we should recall where Jesus was baptized: in the Jordan River. The Jordan river is the same river that Joshua crossed with the people when they first entered the land of Canaan. When Jesus was baptized, He was leading a new people of God into a new promised Land, the kingdom of God.

Yep all who repent may have their sins remitted and be baptized as a sign of the cleanliness they already received
It seems pretty obvious to me. All who believe into the Lord Jesus Christ enter into a spiritual union with Him, so that we are in Christ and Christ is in us.

I am simply saying that baptism signifies life in Christ. It signifies God’s promise to His people of a relationship with Him through His Son by faith. It is the sign of being in Christ rather than in the kingdom of darkness.

Um it was not mentioned either in the Old Testament or New Testament verses I gave

Isaiah 55:7 (KJV 1900) — 7 Let the wicked forsake his way, And the unrighteous man his thoughts: And let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; And to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Acts 10:43 (KJV 1900) — 43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

all who repent receive remission of sin

BTW are you not able to address me without falsifying my comments or indulging in practices that get you edited?
Let’s just meet in the middle. I will teach water baptism in the name of Jesus and you don’t have to. We’ll just see when we get there. We will allow the editors to do their editing all they want.

So you think Acts 2:38 is irrelevant today?
I think perhaps you may have misinterpret the scripture. It happens. I'm pretty sure it's been gone over quite a few times in this thread. The key is what's the "for" there for? Interpret that and you'll have the true meaning of the scripture.

I think perhaps you may have misinterpret the scripture. It happens. I'm pretty sure it's been gone over quite a few times in this thread. The key is what's the "for" there for? Interpret that and you'll have the true meaning of the scripture.
What is wrong with this scripture…
Then Peter said, repent, and be baptized everyone of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins…

Can anyone tell me if this command is Grace or law…

Then Peter said, repent, and be baptized everyone of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

… And be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins…

Does not save you?
The blood of Jesus is what saves you. Baptism does not it's a ceremony honoring the fact that you've been saved by the blood of the Jesus.

The blood of Jesus is what saves you. Baptism does not it's a ceremony honoring the fact that you've been saved by the blood of the Jesus.
The blood of Jesus is obtain through following him through his death, and burial. this is repentance and water baptism in the name of Jesus

Back
Top Bottom