Has anyone ever thought about

Israel walked by a dim light, Psalms 119:105 "NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." they could only see what was at their feet, (the Now and the then),
Why do you do that? This is where the event occurred and this is the Scripture accompanying, not in Psalms:

21 And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night:
22 He took not away the pillar of the cloud by day, nor the pillar of fire by night, from before the people.
Ex. 13:21–22.

He was their light to lead them. It wasn't at their feet; it was before them. Right in front of them. And I'm sure with over 3 million children of Israel He could be seen for miles.
but their pathway to true righteousness, the LIGHT, they STUMBLE at, which is the TRUE STONE of righteousness, the Lord Jesus the Christ. and some, NOT ALL, are still stumbling today. Romans 10:1 "Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved." Romans 10:2 "For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge." not only Israel as whole have this problem, yes some gentiles, who are Christians are also stumbling at the same Stone. as with Paul, 101G likewise with some of his Christians brothers, "For I, (101G), bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge."

101G.
Israel's stumbling stone is found in the fact that in the Law it says "[anyone] that hanged on a tree was cursed" and being that their Messiah was crucified (hanged) on a tree they had great difficulty reconciling how their Redeemer who was supposed to redeem them and was their King was hung on a tree irrespective of His being resurrected.

Why do you do that? This is where the event occurred and this is the Scripture accompanying, not in Psalms:

21 And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night:
22 He took not away the pillar of the cloud by day, nor the pillar of fire by night, from before the people.

He was their light to lead them. It wasn't at their feet; it was before them. Right in front of them. And I'm sure with over 3 million children of Israel He could be seen for miles.
even with that they still rebelled.

Israel's stumbling stone is found in the fact that in the Law it says "[anyone] that hanged on a tree was cursed" and being that their Messiah was crucified (hanged) on a tree they had great difficulty reconciling how their Redeemer who was supposed to redeem them and was their King was hung on a tree irrespective of His being resurrected.
did he not redeemed them? see my point now. it was Spiritual, God could have out shined the sun in light, and they still would not understand, LISTEN....... THEY ARE CARNAL SOLD UNDER SIN. it would not make any difference if the LIGHT was a cloud by day and a pillar if fire by night, they were CARNAL. and still, some are CARNAL today. understand they were spiritually BLIND.

101G.

@jeremiah1five,
you still don't get it, do U? Acts 5:29 "Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men." Acts 5:30 "The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree." Acts 5:31 "Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins." WHY, Galatians 3:12 "And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them." Galatians 3:13 "Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:" Galatians 3:14 "That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith."

what? "being made a curse for us". why?, "that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith."

who is the "WE" here?

see, as said, many still stumble even today. salvation is at our finger tip and don't know it, for the scripture are true, Romans 10:2 "For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge."

what did God say afore? Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children."

101G.

1 Chronicles 1:17 "The sons of Shem; Elam, and Asshur, and Arphaxad, and Lud, and Aram, and Uz, and Hul, and Gether, and Meshech." 1 Chronicles 1:18 "And Arphaxad begat Shelah, and Shelah begat Eber." 1 Chronicles 1:19 "And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of the one was Peleg; because in his days the earth was divided: and his brother's name was Joktan." 1 Chronicles 1:20 "And Joktan begat Almodad, and Sheleph, and Hazarmaveth, and Jerah," 1 Chronicles 1:21 "Hadoram also, and Uzal, and Diklah," 1 Chronicles 1:22 "And Ebal, and Abimael, and Sheba," 1 Chronicles 1:23 "And Ophir, and Havilah, and Jobab. All these were the sons of Joktan." 1 Chronicles 1:24 "Shem, Arphaxad, Shelah," 1 Chronicles 1:25 "Eber, Peleg, Reu," 1 Chronicles 1:26 "Serug, Nahor, Terah," 1 Chronicles 1:27 "Abram; the same is Abraham." 1 Chronicles 1:28 "The sons of Abraham; Isaac, and Ishmael."

101G.
Gen 14:13 [coming And of the ones being rescued a certain person], reported to Abram, to the traveler.

13 [5 coming 1 And 3 of the 4 ones being rescued 2 a certain person], reported to Abram, to the traveler.

Gen 14:13 And there came one that had escaped, and told Avram HaI-vri;

And told Abram the Hebrew - Septuagint [peratee, transitori], the 'crosser over;' namely, the Euphrates. [Those translators derived the original term either from `aabar (H5674), to pass; or from the preposition, `eeber (H5676) beyond, on the other side; so that, as applied to Abram, in such a sense, it was equivalent to transfluvialis, a dweller on the other side of the Euphrates]. The first was the view of Jerome and several of the Christian fathers; while the second is adopted by Gesenius, De Wette, Winer, etc. But it could scarcely be a distinctive appellation for Abram, that he had made the passage of the Euphrates, as many of the early tribes which emigrated southward must have crossed that river from Shinar, as did Chedorlaomer and his allies at that very time; and it could with as little propriety be said that he was an Eberite, an inhabitant of a trans-Euphratean country, when he had migrated to Canaan. Besides, it has been recently objected to this view, that, 'whether Abram previously resided at Mugheir or Warka, it would have been unnecessary for him to pass over the great river; if in his time it flowed, as some suppose, considerably eastward of these places, and joined the Tigris, as before stated, at Kut-el-Amara' ('Loftus,' Chaldea).

However-

Hence, Abram is called a Hebrew-i.e, a descendant of Eber (the name Hebrew having the same radical elements as Eber, besides being spelled Ebrew in early English versions) - and his descendants called themselves (Gen_40:15), and were called (Gen_39:14; Gen_39:17; Gen_41:12), Hebrews. Gesenius, indeed, pronounces this derivation-namely, of Hebrew from Eber-to be purely mythical, and of no more historical value than the Greek derivaties of Aeolians from Aeolus, etc. But admit the truth and authenticity of this history, and there is distinct evidence that, at the period of the general dispersion, a large branch of the Shemites remained in Shinar, who regarded Eber as their direct ancestor; and from this branch Abram was sprung. It seems a confirmation of the view here given that the word "Hebrew" appears with special propriety applied to Abram as a patronymic, in contradistinction from his allies, who are called Amorites (see the note at Gen_13:18).

There were no "Jews" before Abraham, but he was Hebrew.
According to the Scripture: (Gen. 14:13.)

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
1 Cor. 15:3–4.

That, dear sir, is the basis of my faith in God. He said it and I believe it. I don't ignore, omit, add, subtract, His Word and substitute my theories for what is written. I accept what is written because it is "Thus saith the LORD" to me. How about you? Do you receive what is written as "Thus saith the Lord" and don't ignore, omit, add, or subtract or substitute His Word for your own theories?
Well, do you?
OK....

Let's amuse ourselves over a detail if you wish?

I'd rather learn the Word CORRECTLY... That is what Paul would tell us.
You would get us bogged down and argue that it was Saul telling us.

You are distraction who takes pleasure in the control you wish to exert by making frivolous issues into points of contention.

I wish you would stop doing that.
It scatters thoughts that wish to gather into a cohesive thought, forming sound doctrine.

Abraham was the first Jew. Genesis 17

There were no circumcised gentiles either! ;)
but with Abraham. Genesis 17:9 "And God said unto Abraham, Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations." Genesis 17:10 "This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised." Genesis 17:11 "And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you." Genesis 17:12 "And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed." Genesis 17:13 "He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant." Genesis 17:14 "And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant."

101G

There were no circumcised gentiles either! ;)
Ummmm:
What culture invented circumcision?
Male circumcision is the oldest known human surgical procedure, with historical records and archeological evidence dating the practice back to ancient Egyptians in the 23rd century BCE [1].Jan 1, 2014 google search

African circumcision is well established as "a cultural practice that is part of male initiations, [and] is estimated to have existed in Africa for more than 9000 years.

Ummmm:
Male circumcision is the oldest known human surgical procedure, with historical records and archeological evidence dating the practice back to ancient Egyptians in the 23rd century BCE [1].Jan 1, 2014 google search

African circumcision is well established as "a cultural practice that is part of male initiations, [and] is estimated to have existed in Africa for more than 9000 years.
You know the reason why-of course?

Ummmm:

In the part of the world that Abraham lived in it was not practiced.
Its one thing that set Abraham apart from those around him.

God did not tell them to do it.

Did God ever command female mutilation (circumcision)? NO!

Which "god" was ruling those Africans?

Last edited:
even with that they still rebelled.
It doesn't matter. God still keeps covenant and His promises.
did he not redeemed them? see my point now. it was Spiritual, God could have out shined the sun in light, and they still would not understand, LISTEN....... THEY ARE CARNAL SOLD UNDER SIN. it would not make any difference if the LIGHT was a cloud by day and a pillar if fire by night, they were CARNAL. and still, some are CARNAL today. understand they were spiritually BLIND.

101G.
Just as all of us.

@jeremiah1five,
you still don't get it, do U? Acts 5:29 "Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men." Acts 5:30 "The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree." Acts 5:31 "Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins." WHY, Galatians 3:12 "And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them." Galatians 3:13 "Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:" Galatians 3:14 "That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith."

what? "being made a curse for us". why?, "that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith."

who is the "WE" here?

see, as said, many still stumble even today. salvation is at our finger tip and don't know it, for the scripture are true, Romans 10:2 "For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge."

what did God say afore? Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children."

101G.
Thank God He keeps covenant and promises.

OK....

Let's amuse ourselves over a detail if you wish?

I'd rather learn the Word CORRECTLY... That is what Paul would tell us.
You would get us bogged down and argue that it was Saul telling us.

You are distraction who takes pleasure in the control you wish to exert by making frivolous issues into points of contention.

I wish you would stop doing that.
It scatters thoughts that wish to gather into a cohesive thought, forming sound doctrine.

Abraham was the first Jew. Genesis 17

Jews come later from Abram the Hebrew. Specifically, Jew derives from the tribe of Judah which were born hundreds of years later from Jacob, his great -grand pop.

It doesn't matter. God still keeps covenant and His promises.
GINOLJC, to all,
IT DO MATTERS, FOR HIS PEOPLE, with his Promise, is Spiritual, and not carnal. Jeremiah 31:31 "Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:" (HOUSE NOT TRIBES). Jeremiah 31:32 "Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:" Jeremiah 31:33 "But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people." Jeremiah 31:34 "And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more." .
Just as all of us.
NOPE, we're .... "BORN AGAIN, (Spiritually)...... (smile). :eek: YIKES!, and as for US? listen Romans 9:7 "Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: (LETS SEE), but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called." Romans 9:8 "That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: (YOU MIGHT WANT TO READ THAT AGAIN), but the children of the promise are counted for the seed."

there it is .... "but the children of the promise are counted for the seed" yes, God do keep his promise with the children who are not according to the FLESH...... but according to the Spirit.... (smile). BINGO. so being a Jew means nothing, being a Gentile means NOTHING.

NOW LISTEN CLOSLEY, Galatians 3:27 "For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ." Galatians 3:28 "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:29 "And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

if one be CHRIST........ then one is Abraham's seed..... How plain can one get. 101G just loves how God makes its plain.

101B.

GINOLJC, to all,
IT DO MATTERS, FOR HIS PEOPLE, with his Promise, is Spiritual, and not carnal. Jeremiah 31:31 "Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:" (HOUSE NOT TRIBES). Jeremiah 31:32 "Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:" Jeremiah 31:33 "But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people." Jeremiah 31:34 "And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more." .

NOPE, we're .... "BORN AGAIN, (Spiritually)...... (smile). :eek: YIKES!, and as for US? listen Romans 9:7 "Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: (LETS SEE), but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called." Romans 9:8 "That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: (YOU MIGHT WANT TO READ THAT AGAIN), but the children of the promise are counted for the seed."

there it is .... "but the children of the promise are counted for the seed" yes, God do keep his promise with the children who are not according to the FLESH...... but according to the Spirit.... (smile). BINGO. so being a Jew means nothing, being a Gentile means NOTHING.

NOW LISTEN CLOSLEY, Galatians 3:27 "For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ." Galatians 3:28 "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:29 "And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

if one be CHRIST........ then one is Abraham's seed..... How plain can one get. 101G just loves how God makes its plain.

101B.
God made covenant with Abraham the PERSON, not Abraham the SPIRIT.
ALL three covenants possess/contain spiritual aspects.
BUT God made no covenant with Gentiles.
Smile. 😊 101G loves it.

God made covenant with Abraham the PERSON, not Abraham the SPIRIT.
ALL three covenants possess/contain spiritual aspects.
BUT God made no covenant with Gentiles.
Smile. 😊 101G loves it.
ERROR, God is Spirit..... it's not about you, but God yes, 101G love it... :ninja:

101G

GINOLJC, to all,
I have a few minutes and this should not take too long.

First, you FAIL to recognized the New Covenant you quote from Jeremiah 31:31-34 is made with the House of Israel. Gentiles are NOT from the House of Israel. Hello? From this error everything you say goes south, and I mean way, way down south.

Another error. Saul writes to Jewish Christians at Rome. This home fellowship was founded by Jews who became born-again when they were at Jerusalem for the Feast of Harvest (Pentecost.) Saul wrote this letter in and around 62 A.D. The Jewish Church founded and built by Christ as Promised had about 20 years of existence and growth by the time Saul visited before his beheading in 68 A.D.

"The children of the Promised [are] counted for the seed" refers to Abraham's kids, his offspring. God made a land promise to Abraham and his seed, and this is a natural, physical promise of land given to Israel through covenant. This covenant is also an "everlasting" covenant (Gen. 17.)

101B.
Again, Saul writes to Jewish Christians who founded the Jewish home fellowships in Galatia and the surrounding region when they returned from Pentecost bringing Jesus, an outline of Peter's sermon, and the Holy Spirit back to their homes and synagogues. Saul is saying in 3:28-29 writing to Jewish Christians who had concerns as to the effect their being born-again/experience in the Holy Spirit and Messiah had on the Abrahamic Covenant. In effect, what Saul is saying is not to worry. By being Christ's/Messiah's you are STILL Abraham's seed and HEIRS ACCORDING TO THE PROMISE God made with Abraham.

Your error, 101G, is that you read the Jewish Scriptures with a Gentile mindset. Add to that your holding to standard textbook teaching and never studied this under the anointing leads you into false understanding of the Jewish Covenants and Jewish history and culture.

This afflicts many Gentile Christians who attempt to understand the Jewish writings from Genesis to Revelation with a Gentile mindset. You're not alone in your error.

Back
Top Bottom