Works and Salvation

As usual you address nothing

Um the Holy Spirit was not given until Christ was glorified - Duh

Regeneration was a future promise

Ezekiel 36:22–27 (ESV) — 22 “Therefore say to the house of Israel, Thus says the Lord GOD: It is not for your sake, O house of Israel, that I am about to act, but for the sake of my holy name, which you have profaned among the nations to which you came. 23 And I will vindicate the holiness of my great name, which has been profaned among the nations, and which you have profaned among them. And the nations will know that I am the LORD, declares the Lord GOD, when through you I vindicate my holiness before their eyes. 24 I will take you from the nations and gather you from all the countries and bring you into your own land. 25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols I will cleanse you. 26 And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.

So how were these were seeking God

2 Chronicles 11:16 (KJV 1900) — 16 And after them out of all the tribes of Israel such as set their hearts to seek the LORD God of Israel came to Jerusalem, to sacrifice unto the LORD God of their fathers.
2 Chronicles 19:3 (KJV 1900) — 3 Nevertheless there are good things found in thee, in that thou hast taken away the groves out of the land, and hast prepared thine heart to seek God.
2 Chronicles 20:3 (KJV 1900) — 3 And Jehoshaphat feared, and set himself to seek the LORD, and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah.
2 Chronicles 20:4 (KJV 1900) — 4 And Judah gathered themselves together, to ask help of the LORD: even out of all the cities of Judah they came to seek the LORD.
2 Chronicles 34:3 (KJV 1900) — 3 For in the eighth year of his reign, while he was yet young, he began to seek after the God of David his father: and in the twelfth year he began to purge Judah and Jerusalem from the high places, and the groves, and the carved images, and the molten images.
Ezra 6:21 (KJV 1900) — 21 And the children of Israel, which were come again out of captivity, and all such as had separated themselves unto them from the filthiness of the heathen of the land, to seek the LORD God of Israel, did eat,
Ezra 7:10 (KJV 1900) — 10 For Ezra had prepared his heart to seek the law of the LORD, and to do it, and to teach in Israel statutes and judgments.
Isaiah 58:2 (KJV 1900) — 2 Yet they seek me daily, And delight to know my ways, As a nation that did righteousness, And forsook not the ordinance of their God: They ask of me the ordinances of justice; They take delight in approaching to God.
Psalm 9:10 (KJV 1900) — 10 And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: For thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

So how did Rahab the Canaanite prostitute please god?
Rom 3:11

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

Them who are in the flesh, which all the unregenerate are, having not the Spirit, they cannot please Rom 8:8

So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

And Faith/Seeking God pleases Him according to Heb 11:6

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

If a person does seek God, that means they have been regenerated, duh If a person had Faith they were regenerated. Did Rahab have Faith ? See Heb 11:31 and James 2:25

Faith is the fruit of the Spirit !

Rom 3:11

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

Them who are in the flesh, which all the unregenerate are, having not the Spirit, they cannot please Rom 8:8

So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

And Faith/Seeking God pleases Him according to Heb 11:6

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

If a person does seek God, that means they have been regenerated, duh If a person had Faith they were regenerated. Did Rahab have Faith ? See Heb 11:31 and James 2:25

Faith is the fruit of the Spirit !

Ezekiel 36:22–27 (ESV) — 22 “Therefore say to the house of Israel, Thus says the Lord GOD: It is not for your sake, O house of Israel, that I am about to act, but for the sake of my holy name, which you have profaned among the nations to which you came. 23 And I will vindicate the holiness of my great name, which has been profaned among the nations, and which you have profaned among them. And the nations will know that I am the LORD, declares the Lord GOD, when through you I vindicate my holiness before their eyes. 24 I will take you from the nations and gather you from all the countries and bring you into your own land. 25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols I will cleanse you. 26 And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.

So how were these were seeking God

2 Chronicles 11:16 (KJV 1900) — 16 And after them out of all the tribes of Israel such as set their hearts to seek the LORD God of Israel came to Jerusalem, to sacrifice unto the LORD God of their fathers.
2 Chronicles 19:3 (KJV 1900) — 3 Nevertheless there are good things found in thee, in that thou hast taken away the groves out of the land, and hast prepared thine heart to seek God.
2 Chronicles 20:3 (KJV 1900) — 3 And Jehoshaphat feared, and set himself to seek the LORD, and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah.
2 Chronicles 20:4 (KJV 1900) — 4 And Judah gathered themselves together, to ask help of the LORD: even out of all the cities of Judah they came to seek the LORD.
2 Chronicles 34:3 (KJV 1900) — 3 For in the eighth year of his reign, while he was yet young, he began to seek after the God of David his father: and in the twelfth year he began to purge Judah and Jerusalem from the high places, and the groves, and the carved images, and the molten images.
Ezra 6:21 (KJV 1900) — 21 And the children of Israel, which were come again out of captivity, and all such as had separated themselves unto them from the filthiness of the heathen of the land, to seek the LORD God of Israel, did eat,
Ezra 7:10 (KJV 1900) — 10 For Ezra had prepared his heart to seek the law of the LORD, and to do it, and to teach in Israel statutes and judgments.
Isaiah 58:2 (KJV 1900) — 2 Yet they seek me daily, And delight to know my ways, As a nation that did righteousness, And forsook not the ordinance of their God: They ask of me the ordinances of justice; They take delight in approaching to God.
Psalm 9:10 (KJV 1900) — 10 And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: For thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

So how did Rahab the Canaanite prostitute please god?

unbelievers do not have the fruit of the Spirit for they do not have the Spirit

@TomL

DuH False ! Was John the Baptist filled the Holy Ghost before Jesus was Glorified Luke 1:13-15

13 But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.

14 And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth.

15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

And Johns Father 1:67

And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

Also the people who received/believed on Christs name during His Ministry here were said to be born of God, which is regeneration John 1:12-13

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

This was before He was Glorified !

@TomL

DuH False ! Was John the Baptist filled the Holy Ghost before Jesus was Glorified Luke 1:13-15

13 But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.

15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

Also the people who received/believed on Christs name during His Ministry here were said to be born of God, which is regeneration John 1:12-13

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

John the baptist was not all men was he? Zacharias? And neither were Noah

The holy Spirit was not given in the New testament manner as a permanent regenerating possession

John 7:38–39 (KJV 1900) — 38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. 39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

and John was given the spirit as an enablement for his mission not personal regeneration

Zacharias for the purpose of prophesizing

John the baptist was not all men was he? Zacharias? And neither were Noah

The holy Spirit was not given in the New testament manner as a permanent regenerating possession

John 7:38–39 (KJV 1900) — 38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. 39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

and John was given the spirit as an enablement for his mission not personal regeneration

Zacharias for the purpose of prophesizing

So you believe Christ erred or he lied?

Was John the Baptist filled the Holy Ghost before Jesus was Glorified Luke 1:13-15

Was John the Baptist filled the Holy Ghost before Jesus was Glorified Luke 1:13-15

Not in the New Testament sense

Instead of throwing verses against verses hoping your verses overwhelm Tom's verses, why not attempt to harmonize them? I know it's against calvinist apologetics to harmonize verses but you will never arrive at the truth if you keep pitting verses against verses.

Did you fail to understand?

Instead of throwing verses against verses hoping your verses overwhelm Tom's verses, why not attempt to harmonize them? I know it's against calvinist apologetics to harmonize verses but you will never arrive at the truth if you keep pitting verses against verses.

Did you fail to understand?

Regeneration CANNOT precede faith brother-notice the Imperatives

Jn 1:12 (KJV) But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

received
Mt 10:40 “He who receives you receives me, and he who receives me receives him who sent me.

Mt 18:5 Whoever receives one such little child in my name receives me,

Col 2:6 As therefore you received Christ Jesus the Lord, walk in him,

to them
*Ro 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are children of God.

*2Co 6:17-18 [17] Therefore “‘Come out from among them, and be separate,’ says the Lord. ‘Touch no unclean thing. I will receive you. [18] I will be to you a Father. You will be to me sons and daughters,’ says the Lord Almighty.”

*Ga 3:26 For you are all children of God, through faith in Christ Jesus.

*1Jn 3:1 See how great a love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God! For this cause the world doesn’t know us, because it didn’t know him.

Is 56:5 I will give them in my house and within my walls a memorial and a name better than of sons and of daughters. I will give them an everlasting name that will not be cut off.

Je 3:19 “But I said, ‘How I desire to put you among the children, and give you a pleasant land, a goodly heritage of the armies of the nations!’ and I said, ‘You shall call me “My Father”, and shall not turn away from following me.’

Ho 1:10 Yet the number of the children of Israel will be as the sand of the sea, which can’t be measured or counted; and it will come to pass that, in the place where it was said to them, ‘You are not my people,’ they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’

Ga 4:6 And because you are children, God sent out the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, “Abba, Father!”

2Pe 1:4 by which he has granted to us his precious and exceedingly great promises; that through these you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world by lust.

even
Jn 2:23 Now when he was in Jerusalem at the Passover, during the feast, many believed in his name, observing his signs which he did.

Jn 3:18 He who believes in him is not judged. He who doesn’t believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only born Son of God.

Jn 20:31 but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in his name.

Mt 12:21 In his name, the nations will hope.”

Ac 3:16 By faith in his name, his name has made this man strong, whom you see and know. Yes, the faith which is through him has given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

1Jn 3:23 This is his commandment, that we should believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and love one another, even as he commanded.

1Jn 5:12 He who has the Son has the life. He who doesn’t have God’s Son doesn’t have the life.

Reciprocal
Dt 14:1 You are the children of Yahweh your God. You shall not cut yourselves, nor make any baldness between your eyes for the dead.

2Sa 7:24 You established for yourself your people Israel to be your people forever; and you, Yahweh, became their God.

Ps 87:5 Yes, of Zion it will be said, “This one and that one was born in her;” the Most High himself will establish her.

Pr 8:21 that I may give wealth to those who love me. I fill their treasuries.

Is 53:1-2 [1] Who has believed our message? To whom has Yahweh’s arm been revealed? [2] For he grew up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of dry ground. He has no good looks or majesty. When we see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

Mt 13:23 What was sown on the good ground, this is he who hears the word and understands it, who most certainly bears fruit and produces, some one hundred times as much, some sixty, and some thirty.”

Mt 13:38 the field is the world, the good seeds are the children of the Kingdom, and the darnel weeds are the children of the evil one.

Mk 4:8 Others fell into the good ground and yielded fruit, growing up and increasing. Some produced thirty times, some sixty times, and some one hundred times as much.”

Mk 9:12 He said to them, “Elijah indeed comes first, and restores all things. How is it written about the Son of Man, that he should suffer many things and be despised?

Mk 16:16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who disbelieves will be condemned.

Lk 8:8 Other fell into the good ground and grew and produced one hundred times as much fruit.” As he said these things, he called out, “He who has ears to hear, let him hear!”

Jn 3:12 If I told you earthly things and you don’t believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?

Jn 3:15 that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Jn 3:36 One who believes in the Son has eternal life, but one who disobeys the Son won’t see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.”

Jn 7:5 For even his brothers didn’t believe in him.

Jn 8:47 He who is of God hears the words of God. For this cause you don’t hear, because you are not of God.”

Jn 20:17 Jesus said to her, “Don’t hold me, for I haven’t yet ascended to my Father; but go to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

Ac 3:2 A certain man who was lame from his mother’s womb was being carried, whom they laid daily at the door of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask gifts for the needy of those who entered into the temple.

Ac 16:31 They said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

Ac 18:27 When he had determined to pass over into Achaia, the brothers encouraged him; and wrote to the disciples to receive him. When he had come, he greatly helped those who had believed through grace;

Ro 5:11 Not only so, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.

Ro 9:16 So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who has mercy.

Ro 10:10 For with the heart one believes resulting in righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made resulting in salvation.

Ga 4:5 that he might redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as children.

Ga 4:31 So then, brothers, we are not children of a servant, but of the free woman.

Eph 1:5 having predestined us for adoption as children through Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his desire,

Eph 2:8 for by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,

Eph 5:1 Be therefore imitators of God, as beloved children.

Php 1:29 Because it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in him, but also to suffer on his behalf,

Col 2:12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.

1Ti 1:15 The saying is faithful and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.

1Jn 1:1 That which was from the beginning, that which we have heard, that which we have seen with our eyes, that which we saw, and our hands touched, concerning the Word of life

1Jn 5:1 Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ has been born of God. Whoever loves the Father also loves the child who is born of him.

1Jn 5:13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

Regeneration CANNOT precede faith brother-notice the Imperatives

Absolutely True.

God give exactly NO ONE the new birth, UNTIL.. they BELIEVER, Gives God their Faith in Christ.

Faith in Christ has to be "counted by God" before God will do anything for the unbeliever who has now turned from unbelief to Faith in Christ.

Absolutely True.

God give exactly NO ONE the new birth, UNTIL.. they BELIEVER, Gives God their Faith in Christ.

Faith in Christ has to be "counted by God" before God will do anything for the unbeliever who has now turned from unbelief to Faith in Christ.
Problem is for you, Faith is the fruit of the Spirit Duh

Back
Top Bottom