Works and Salvation

Rom 3:11

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

Them who are in the flesh, which all the unregenerate are, having not the Spirit, they cannot please Rom 8:8

So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

And Faith/Seeking God pleases Him according to Heb 11:6

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Rom 8 concerns the law and does not teach your doctrine

Romans 8:7–8 (NASB 2020) — 7 because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so, 8 and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

seeking is seen here

2 Chronicles 11:16 (KJV 1900) — 16 And after them out of all the tribes of Israel such as set their hearts to seek the LORD God of Israel came to Jerusalem, to sacrifice unto the LORD God of their fathers.
2 Chronicles 19:3 (KJV 1900) — 3 Nevertheless there are good things found in thee, in that thou hast taken away the groves out of the land, and hast prepared thine heart to seek God.
2 Chronicles 20:3 (KJV 1900) — 3 And Jehoshaphat feared, and set himself to seek the LORD, and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah.
2 Chronicles 20:4 (KJV 1900) — 4 And Judah gathered themselves together, to ask help of the LORD: even out of all the cities of Judah they came to seek the LORD.
2 Chronicles 34:3 (KJV 1900) — 3 For in the eighth year of his reign, while he was yet young, he began to seek after the God of David his father: and in the twelfth year he began to purge Judah and Jerusalem from the high places, and the groves, and the carved images, and the molten images.
Ezra 6:21 (KJV 1900) — 21 And the children of Israel, which were come again out of captivity, and all such as had separated themselves unto them from the filthiness of the heathen of the land, to seek the LORD God of Israel, did eat,
Ezra 7:10 (KJV 1900) — 10 For Ezra had prepared his heart to seek the law of the LORD, and to do it, and to teach in Israel statutes and judgments.
Isaiah 58:2 (KJV 1900) — 2 Yet they seek me daily, And delight to know my ways, As a nation that did righteousness, And forsook not the ordinance of their God: They ask of me the ordinances of justice; They take delight in approaching to God.
Psalm 9:10 (KJV 1900) — 10 And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: For thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

Rom 8 concerns the law and does not teach your doctrine

Romans 8:7–8 (NASB 2020) — 7 because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so, 8 and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

seeking is seen here

2 Chronicles 11:16 (KJV 1900) — 16 And after them out of all the tribes of Israel such as set their hearts to seek the LORD God of Israel came to Jerusalem, to sacrifice unto the LORD God of their fathers.
2 Chronicles 19:3 (KJV 1900) — 3 Nevertheless there are good things found in thee, in that thou hast taken away the groves out of the land, and hast prepared thine heart to seek God.
2 Chronicles 20:3 (KJV 1900) — 3 And Jehoshaphat feared, and set himself to seek the LORD, and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah.
2 Chronicles 20:4 (KJV 1900) — 4 And Judah gathered themselves together, to ask help of the LORD: even out of all the cities of Judah they came to seek the LORD.
2 Chronicles 34:3 (KJV 1900) — 3 For in the eighth year of his reign, while he was yet young, he began to seek after the God of David his father: and in the twelfth year he began to purge Judah and Jerusalem from the high places, and the groves, and the carved images, and the molten images.
Ezra 6:21 (KJV 1900) — 21 And the children of Israel, which were come again out of captivity, and all such as had separated themselves unto them from the filthiness of the heathen of the land, to seek the LORD God of Israel, did eat,
Ezra 7:10 (KJV 1900) — 10 For Ezra had prepared his heart to seek the law of the LORD, and to do it, and to teach in Israel statutes and judgments.
Isaiah 58:2 (KJV 1900) — 2 Yet they seek me daily, And delight to know my ways, As a nation that did righteousness, And forsook not the ordinance of their God: They ask of me the ordinances of justice; They take delight in approaching to God.
Psalm 9:10 (KJV 1900) — 10 And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: For thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

Them who are in the flesh, which all the unregenerate are, having not the Spirit, they cannot please Rom 8:8

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

So how were these were seeking God

So how did Rahab the Canaanite prostitute please god?

If a person does seek God, that means they have been regenerated, duh

I see no answer

I see no answer

Um the Holy Spirit was not given until Christ was glorified - Duh

Regeneration was a future promise

Ezekiel 36:22–27 (ESV) — 22 “Therefore say to the house of Israel, Thus says the Lord GOD: It is not for your sake, O house of Israel, that I am about to act, but for the sake of my holy name, which you have profaned among the nations to which you came. 23 And I will vindicate the holiness of my great name, which has been profaned among the nations, and which you have profaned among them. And the nations will know that I am the LORD, declares the Lord GOD, when through you I vindicate my holiness before their eyes. 24 I will take you from the nations and gather you from all the countries and bring you into your own land. 25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols I will cleanse you. 26 And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.

Ezekiel 36:22–27 (ESV) — 22 “Therefore say to the house of Israel, Thus says the Lord GOD: It is not for your sake, O house of Israel, that I am about to act, but for the sake of my holy name, which you have profaned among the nations to which you came. 23 And I will vindicate the holiness of my great name, which has been profaned among the nations, and which you have profaned among them. And the nations will know that I am the LORD, declares the Lord GOD, when through you I vindicate my holiness before their eyes. 24 I will take you from the nations and gather you from all the countries and bring you into your own land. 25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols I will cleanse you. 26 And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.

If a person does seek God, that means they have been regenerated, duh If a person had Faith they were regenerated. Did Rahab have Faith ? See Heb 11:31 and James 2:25

If a person does seek God, that means they have been regenerated, duh If a person had Faith they were regenerated. Did Rahab have Faith ? See Heb 11:31 and James 2:25

still ignoring scripture

still ignoring scripture

still ignoring scripture

still ignoring scripture

Faith is the fruit of the Spirit !

Faith is the fruit of the Spirit !
As usual you address nothing

Back
Top Bottom