Free Gift Of "Salvation: Do you Have It?"

καθαρίζων (purifying) πάντα (all) τὰ (The) βρώματα; (Food)

As I said, the phrase "(Thus he declared all foods clean.) was added by this world's religions.
You said it is not in the Greek text, and I demonstrated that it is! Which is it, that it isn’t in the Greek, or that the English expression of “ὅτι οὐκ εἰσπορεύεται αὐτοῦ εἰς τὴν καρδίαν ἀλλ’ εἰς τὴν κοιλίαν, καὶ εἰς τὸν ἀφεδρῶνα ἐκπορεύεται, καθαρίζων πάντα τὰ βρώματα;” isn’t correct?
Again, the last part of the NIV was not in the original Greek Text. And the entire discussion was not about eating unclean foods. Here you are again, rejecting the teaching of the entire Bible concerning Swine's flesh, based on an added clause that wasn't even written in the first place. Consider what is actually written.
Again, your argument is claiming the words aren’t in Mark’s text. I have demonstrated that they are!

Secondly, there are many OT laws that are no longer applicable in the New Covenant; if fact the most important ones pertaining to all the sacrifices, especially the Day of Atonement and blood sacrifices, are now fulfilled and are obsolete.

That this is true of food, is evident in the trifold sheet vision in Acts 10 because, as you have correctly pointed out, Peter deduced a broader interpretation of not just food being unclean, but also Gentiles not being deemed unclean! In the latter part of Acts 10, Peter goes to Cornelius’s house, and enters into it, and stays there for several days! In Acts 11, the Jewish leaders of the church (ie the Judaizers, like those from James in Galatians who swayed Peter and Barnabus) heard what had happened, they said: “You went into the house of uncircumcised men and ate with them.” Peter then answers their objections with the vision of the “unclean foods” coming down from heaven in a sheet.

You see it was the total Gentile package that was being “made clean”;all the “don’t touch, don’t taste, don’t take” rules of the OT system. For as Paul says,

Col 2:16Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. 18Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind. 19They have lost connection with the head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow.

20Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules: 21“Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”? 22These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings. 23Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.

Peter went to a Gentile person, entered into his Gentile house, and ate the Gentile foods that were served to him.

The eventual results of the Council of Jerusalem in Acts 15, was a compromise to placate the Jews in Gentile environs in order to help Paul preach the gospel more easily to both Jews and Gentiles.

Paul’s writings to the Corinthians show that he did not have any qualm with any kind of food, if it is received with thanksgiving to God. “1 Cor 10:25 Eat anything sold in the meat market without raising questions of conscience, 26 for, “The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it.”

And again,

1Cor 10:30If I take part in the meal with thankfulness, why am I denounced because of something I thank God for?

Doug

All things indeed are clean…What part of all is difficult to understand? All “meat”, Greek βρῶμα, which means “any type of food”, “all food” is pure.

Again, as I have said, it’s not what goes into the body, but what comes from the heart that is evil. Thus, Paul is saying eating something is only wrong if we are knowingly offending a weaker brother/sister. It’s not the food itself, but the spirit.

I agree with you and Jesus when HE says the stomach makes "FOOD", in this case "BREAD" eaten with unwashed hands "Clean". For that matter the stomach makes all "FOOD" Clean.

But for you to preach to the world that "Everything" on this planet earth is "FOOD" is stupid, actually ridiculous and quite wicked in all honesty. There isn't one parent on earth that teaches their kids that "ALL" things on earth are "food" for them. Just the opposite in fact. A child is taught the difference between what is food and what is not food, what may be eaten and what may not be eaten. This too is undeniable truth. There are things created by God that are not created as food for humans. This is undisputable Biblical fact as well. They have a purpose, they are "pure" and perfect for that purpose. But their given purpose is not to be food. And God, in His Inspired Word, defines for HIS Children, "To make a difference between the unclean and the clean, and between the beast that may be eaten and the beast that may not be eaten". Just as any good parent would.

But in this world, men reject God, and they despise HIS Judgments, as is written over and over in His Inspired Word. And I was born into this world and am surrounded by this Godless influence, so what should I eat or drink? Who should I seek for the answers to my question? Then Jesus, my Savior, my High Priest tells me this.

Matt. 6: 25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father "knoweth" that ye have need of all these things. 33 But seek ye "first" the kingdom "of God", and "his" righteousness; and "all these things shall be added unto you".

So TD, if a man seeks our heavenly Father's Righteousness, will he find what Jesus' Father and my Father instructed His Children about what may be eaten and what may not be eaten?? Will HE learn what to drink and what not to Drink? (Blood for instance)

You and I both know HE did, there is no disputing this Biblical fact. It's just that you have been convinced by this world's religions to reject God's Judgments in this matter, and adopt the Judgments and traditions of religious men.

I know this world and its religions despise God's Judgments? Of course, the Scriptures teach this throughout. So since Eve, they have created their own Judgments concerning what is "clean and unclean", their own judgments as to what may be eaten and what may not be eaten.

All I am advocating for, is that a man turns to the God and Father of the Lord's Christ, as HE and Paul instructs. And that we become "learned of the Father" as to what is "FOOD" and what is not, not the Pope or Kenneth Copeland etc. This is why Jesus, Paul, Peter, Cornelious, nor any of the Body of Christ would eat maggots, slugs, dogs or swine's flesh. Because according to their Father, these things are not "Food".

Jesus, in Matt. 15, or Mark 7 doesn't make void these truths. And neither does Paul anywhere in scriptures. You have not adopted God's Righteousness concerning this issue, you have adopted the traditions and philosophies of this world.

Does it matter? Maybe not. But it is Truth, and we deceive ourselves hiding from it.

Which is precisely why I said Jesus upset the apple cart of the Jewish traditions.

Mark 7: 7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. 8 "For laying aside" the commandment "of God", ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject "the commandment of God", that ye may keep your own tradition.

Yes, the mainstream religious sects and businesses of this world despise God and His Judgments through their philosophies and traditions. And Jesus came to upset their religious traditions and expose their religion as from man and is not wrought in God.

There are actual deceivers who call Jesus Lord, Lord, that actually preach that the Pharisees tradition was obeying God's Laws.

That is another insidious lie promoted by "many" in Mainstream Christianity. I hope they haven't snared you with that deception as well.

Even broken clocks are correct twice a day!

It's a joke to you, but not to me.

Two major issues here:

1) Define “his righteousness”; and
2) exactly how am I seeking justification for my own righteousness and where precisely am I expounding on this effort?

This is fascinating to me about this world's mainstream preachers. I asked you question after question, and you didn't offer even the simplest of common courtesies between men, of answering them. And yet you now pose questions to me and of course, expect me to show you the kindness and courtesy of answering your questions.

I get it, it's just the religious tradition of modern mainstream Christianity to expect to be treated one way, while treating others in another. The whole "Do unto others" is lost in this world's religions. That is why I came out of them. If you would take a leap of faith in God, and come out from the religious philosophies of this world, and the image of God they promote, you would look into the Law and it would show you the glaring hypocrisy in your behavior. Like Paul, the scales would fall from your eyes. But so far, you only promote justification of your behavior and like me in times past, you don't even know why you work so hard to preserve it. Jesus tells us both in John 3. I advocate that a man come to the Light, for the very purpose of exposing the darkness they know they have and love. It will break you, but what remains if worth the "cost".

I will answer your questions though, as I would have you do unto me.

"1) Define “his righteousness”;"

Because I am not my own, and I believe all that is written in Scriptures, I will let the Spirit of God answer your question.

Psalms 119: 172 My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments "are righteousness".

2) exactly how am I seeking justification for my own righteousness and where precisely am I expounding on this effort?

Here is your preaching. "He "created Judaism" with all of "its" high days and religious traditions. Then he sent Jesus, who rather upset the apple cart, and through his disciples changed the rules and traditions that "God" previously established." (I will note that you have amended you preaching slightly and now say Jesus came to upset the apple cart of "Jewish Tradition")

Since this word is not spoken or defined by God in scriptures, I asked you a question concerning your meaning. You blew my questions off, and continued to promote this philosophy as if I didn't ask anything. Why would you do that?

When I challenged you more, here is your response. "but I am only transformed by the Holy Spirit renewing my mind and conforming me to the image of Christ."

How is this any different than: "Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God."

In both cases men have rejected God's righteousness, and gone about to establish their own, and when challenged, they justify their own righteousness in spite of what is being shown. It is become a mainstream Christian tradition. Now we have dozens of differing religious sects and businesses all establishing their own righteousness, and all justifying their own righteousness when presented scriptures which bring question to it.

It's fascinating to behold all the prophesies of this world's religions living right before my eyes. But if you are under the water, you can't see what men in the Ark see. This is why Jesus said to Seek God's Kingdom, and HIS Righteousness first.

But if a man is only a hearer of His Words and not a doer, well you have a bible, you can read it for yourself.

This is sounding like the Democratic efforts to demean Trump; he’s guilty of XYZ, but never define what XYZ are.

You mean like you accusing me of creating doctrine around Romans 2, but never defining the doctrine I created?

It was never about you, until you started justifying. It was always about the "message".

Seek God's Righteousness, not justification for your own.

You said it is not in the Greek text, and I demonstrated that it is! Which is it, that it isn’t in the Greek, or that the English expression of “ὅτι οὐκ εἰσπορεύεται αὐτοῦ εἰς τὴν καρδίαν ἀλλ’ εἰς τὴν κοιλίαν, καὶ εἰς τὸν ἀφεδρῶνα ἐκπορεύεται, καθαρίζων πάντα τὰ βρώματα;” isn’t correct?

Again, your argument is claiming the words aren’t in Mark’s text. I have demonstrated that they are!
The text says that the Stomach purges the bread and makes all food which has entered into it clean. The deceiver added that "Jesus declared all foods clean"

(Thus he declared all foods clean.)

You interpret this to mean maggots, slugs, poison dart frogs and swine's flesh are clean for Food. Jesus didn't declare any such thing in the original text.

Secondly, there are many OT laws that are no longer applicable in the New Covenant; if fact the most important ones pertaining to all the sacrifices, especially the Day of Atonement and blood sacrifices, are now fulfilled and are obsolete.

According to what is actually written, there are only 2 things that changed in God's definition of "HIS" New covenant. You can read it for yourself, it's in Jer. 31. I would post the scriptures and ask you questions, but you have pretty much made it clear that the scriptures don't really matter, and I am not worthy of the common decency of answering questions.

#1. The manner in which God's Law is administered was prophesied to change.

#2. The manner in which sins are forgiven is also prophesied to change.

Of course this would include animal sacrifices and Levitical Priests.

That this is true of food, is evident in the trifold sheet vision in Acts 10 because, as you have correctly pointed out, Peter deduced a broader interpretation of not just food being unclean, but also Gentiles not being deemed unclean!
What you have not been taught by this world's religions, is that God had been cleansing "Strangers" since Abraham circumcised his servants. It was not "unlawful" in God's Law not to sit and eat with Gentiles, it was unlawful in the Jews religion who taught for doctrines the commandments of men. God enshrined in His Law "What I have cleansed, let no man call common or unclean".

Lev. 19: 33 And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him.

34 But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you "as one born among you", and "thou shalt love him as thyself"; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

Why??? Because what God has cleansed, let no man call unclean.

Peter knew God's Laws concerning what was food and what was not Food, and didn't eat, as instructed. But he was still snared by the Jewish Tradition of "vexing the stranger that sojourned among them". And he said as much when he defined for me what the vision meant.

And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

This world's religions preach that this vision meant they could continue to reject God's Judgments. That isn't what Peter is teaching.

In the latter part of Acts 10, Peter goes to Cornelius’s house, and enters into it, and stays there for several days! In Acts 11, the Jewish leaders of the church (ie the Judaizers, like those from James in Galatians who swayed Peter and Barnabus) heard what had happened, they said: “You went into the house of uncircumcised men and ate with them.” Peter then answers their objections with the vision of the “unclean foods” coming down from heaven in a sheet.

You see it was the total Gentile package that was being “made clean”;all the “don’t touch, don’t taste, don’t take” rules of the OT system.

The deception that grips you is exposed in the next verse.

21(Touch not; taste not; handle not; 22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines "of men"?

23 Which things have indeed "a shew of wisdom" in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

But they are not from God, they are from men. You and I are not taught this by this world's religions, but we can read it for ourselves, and there it is, "(Touch not; taste not; handle not; 22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines "of men"?"

The Jesus "of the Bible" tries to tell us, but "many" can't hear His Words

Mark 7: 7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

8 For "laying aside" the commandment of God, ye hold the "tradition of men", as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do. (touch not, taste not, handle not)

For as Paul says,

Col 2:16Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. 18Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind. 19They have lost connection with the head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow.

But here, Paul is speaking about God's actual instructions. Remember, he already warned you about the Philosophies and traditions of men.

Col. 2: 8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments "of the world", and not after Christ.

But for those faithful men of God, those who are of the Body of Christ, Paul says "16 Let no man therefore "judge you" in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: 17 Which are a shadow "of things to come"; but the body is of Christ.

These are not "Traditions of men" or "Rudiments of this world". Paul has already established that all these things were written for "our" admonition. As he says in 1 cor. 9 and 10, "For our sakes" no doubt they are written. And they pertain to things to come in my life as a believer. Every situation I will experience, every difficulty I have encountered and will encounter is addressed and I am guided through them by this "Way of the Lord" that Paul teaches God before ordained that His People should walk in them. Paul said let no man therefore judge me in "Yielding myself a servant to obey God".

You are preaching that there is no difference between God's Word and the traditions of men, confusing the two. Even further, it is written in the Law and Prophets; "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

And here you are implying that God's instruction are "Traditions of men" and "Rudiments of this world" and therefore evil, and I should beware of them, while implying that the Traditions of your religion and the religious traditions of this world which transgress God's Commandments are Good.

Surely, God saw this coming and had these Words written for His People to prepare them for it.

But for you to preach to the world that "Everything" on this planet earth is "FOOD" is stupid, actually ridiculous and quite wicked in all honesty.
Well it’s a good thing that that’s nowhere close to what I said. All I have said is that there is nothing wrong with eating any particular type of food, ie, ham. That would include “slugs” or other things that may not normally be thought of as food, but may in some situation, be it desperate or not, be consumed. “It is not what goes into the body” that is sinful, but that which comes from the heart.

If we are ever eating together, I would refrain from eating any that you find offensive so as to not hurt you, my brother, but my liberty otherwise is mine to eat anything without failure of conscience.

In other words, “Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand.” (Rom 14:4)

Moreover, “Rom 14:13Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister. 14I am convinced, being fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus, that nothing is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean. 15If your brother or sister is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love. Do not by your eating destroy someone for whom Christ died. 16Therefore do not let what you know is good be spoken of as evil. 17For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, 18because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and receives human approval.
19Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification. 20Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a person to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble. 21It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother or sister to fall.

22So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who does not condemn himself by what he approves. 23But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat, because their eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.

Doug

Last edited:
20Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules: 21“Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”?

You have been convinced by this world's religions that God's Laws are the "Elemental spiritual forces of this world", and that God's instruction in righteousness is worldly, and therefore Paul is teaching you not to "Yield yourself" a servant to obey God instruction.

But Paul tells you flat out that he is speaking here, of the traditions of men, not the Commandments of God. It is because you have adopted this world religions that you cannot see what Paul is actually teaching.

22These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings.

Even the NIV knows the difference between God's Written instruction, and the traditions and commandments of men the Pharisees taught for doctrines.

23Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.

This is true, this world's religions look righteous on the outside, with their manmade synagogues and the hypocrites seeking the praise of men. But only God's instruction can change a man from the inside.

Peter went to a Gentile person, entered into his Gentile house, and ate the Gentile foods that were served to him.

LOL, "Gentile foods"? Let me ask you another question you can ignore. "Is a sheep clean for food according to Scriptures, even if a Gentile eats it?

The eventual results of the Council of Jerusalem in Acts 15, was a compromise to placate the Jews in Gentile environs in order to help Paul preach the gospel more easily to both Jews and Gentiles.

Acts 15: 19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:

20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, (Law of Moses) and from fornication, (Law of Moses) and from things strangled, (Law of Moses) and from blood. (Law of Moses)

21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

And what will they learn if they "Seek First the Righteousness of God" as Jesus instructed, that Paul said was revealed in the Gospel of Christ shown also to the Israelites who came out of Egypt?
Paul’s writings to the Corinthians show that he did not have any qualm with any kind of food, if it is received with thanksgiving to God. “1 Cor 10:25 Eat anything sold in the meat market without raising questions of conscience, 26 for, “The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it.”

But not all things in the earth that belong to the Lord are to be used for "Food", as prescribed by the Lord. So no doubt Paul didn't have any qualms with any kind of "Food". But surely even you can see God's instruction that maggots, dogs, slugs or swine's flesh isn't "food". And Paul himself said he believes "ALL" things written in the Law and Prophets.

Are they men who "profess to know God" but reject God's Judgments? The Bible is full of examples of this. Paul even speaks to it.

Titus 1: 16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

And again,

1Cor 10:30If I take part in the meal with thankfulness, why am I denounced because of something I thank God for?

1 Cor. 10: 5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness. 6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.

30 For if I by grace be a partaker, why am I evil spoken of for that for which I give thanks? 31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

You are free to preach that the way to Love God and Please Him like Jesus did, and "Glorify God" is to reject His Righteousness, and HIS Judgments in favor of your own if you want.

But I have seen the examples God had written for my admonition. And as a result, I advocate that a man turns to God and HIS ways, unpopular as they are in this world's religions.

Well it’s a good thing that that’s nowhere close to what I said. All I have said is that there is nothing wrong with eating any particular type of food, ie, ham. That would include “slugs” or other things that may not normally be thought of as food, but may in some situation, be it desperate or not, be consumed. “It is not what goes into the body” that is sinful, but that which comes from the heart.

If we are ever eating together, I would refrain from eating any that you find offensive so as to not hurt you, my brother, but my liberty otherwise is mine to eat anything without failure of conscience.

Wouldn't it be offensive to God for you to reject His Judgments, and then work to convince others to reject God's Judgments as well?

In other words, “Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand.” (Rom 14:4)

Again, more self-justification. But what about those Christians in Matt. 7? Why didn't the Lord make them stand? What you are missing here is the servant master part. A man is a servant to whomever he "Yields himself" a servant to obey. (Rom. 6) Those "Christians" in Matt. 7 called Jesus their Lord, taught in His Name, claimed to be created in His Image, but didn't "Yield themselves" a servant to obey Him. Jesus explains this in the verses that follows. These men were "hearers" of God's Word, not "doers" and therefore, when the storms of this life came, they fell. Not because God wasn't able to make them stand, but because God wasn't their master, they were their own master, walking in their own righteousness, promoting their own judgments concerning holy and clean. It's right there in your own Bible.

Whereas, in the religion you have adopted and are now promoting, God's instruction in Righteousness, are "Elemental spirits of this evil world", "Traditions of men" and "Rudiments of this world".

Moreover, “Rom 14:13Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister. 14I am convinced, being fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus, that nothing is unclean in itself.

Absolutely, nothing is unclean of itself. The goat didn't declare "I'm clean for food"! And the Pig didn't declare "I'm unclean for food"! So I will ask you another question you can ignore. Who declared the goat as clean for "Food", and who declared the swine as unclean for "Food"? Did I do that? The Pope, did he make this declaration?

Paul's words are there, not for you to cherry pick to justify your rejection of God's laws that don't suit you. They are not religious slogans or bumper stickers to sell one religious business over another.

Stop using them for that purpose please. Seek God's Truth, not justification.

But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean. 15If your brother or sister is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love. Do not by your eating destroy someone for whom Christ died. 16Therefore do not let what you know is good be spoken of as evil. 17For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of "righteousness", peace and joy in the Holy Spirit,

Why do and the Pope and many others always inject your lust for unclean foods in these scriptures? What does it matter what one person thinks, or another? Where do you get off erasing entire chapters of the Bible just to justify your lust for eating what God deems as unclean. Think about what you have preached to me so far.

God's Laws are basically evil "Rudiments of this world", "Elemental spirits this world", "Yoke of Bondage", and introducing God's instruction to the weak in faith somehow "Destroys someone for whom Christ died".

But Paul telling the weak in faith to "Abstain from Blood", Fornication, pollutions of Idols, and animals that have been strangled, all part of God's Laws, somehow are not "Rudiments of this world", and would not destroy someone for whom Christ died.

The Jews taught for years that it was unlawful to eat from a table that had meat and milk at the same time. Eating or not eating after this "tradition of man" is not unlawful. But if a new member, a man that has "Yielded himself a servant to obey God", making God His Master, might take awhile before he is fully convinced in his own mind what the Law actually says. So why would I cause him grief by have a table with milk and meat set before him?

The same as high days. One man esteems one day about others, another man esteems all days the same. It doesn't matter what day "man" esteems, or what meat "man" esteems, it matters what day "GOD" esteems, what meat "GOD Esteems.

5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Who is the master, what days does HE esteems above others? Who is the master, what meat does HE esteem clean, and unclean? But will you answer?

18because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and receives human approval.
19Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification. 20Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a person to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble. 21It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother or sister to fall.

Yes all food is clean, but dogs, slugs, maggots and swine are not food. At least this is what the Christ teaches before HE became a man.

It may be popular religious tradition to reject God's Judgments, but Paul isn't teaching the weak in faith to do this.

22So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who does not condemn himself by what he approves. 23But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat, because their eating "is not from faith"; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.

Yes all food is clean,
Then why are you being so contentious?

but dogs, slugs, maggots and swine are not food.
I don’t think I’ve ever said that I considered dogs, slugs or maggots as human“food”. Nor are these a common expression of what is considered human food!

Pork was is not considered “kosher” by Jews, but it was considered “food” for human consumption. Gentiles were not expected to be held to the Jewish dietary standards for they were instructed in Acts 15 that“28It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements: 29You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things.

You will note the absence of not eating pork or shellfish in their instructions.

Who is the master, what days does HE esteems above others? Who is the master, what meat does HE esteem clean, and unclean? But will you answer?
Paul’s answer is nothing in particular. All food is clean, all days are equally honored and important in God’s sight. Human understanding and perspective is fickle, even in the best motives, thus kosher Jews are going to view some things differently than non-Jews and we are free to follow our own perspectives (regarding food) as long as we are doing so in faith (not law).

LOL, "Gentile foods"? Let me ask you another question you can ignore. "Is a sheep clean for food according to Scriptures, even if a Gentile eats it?
Let’s replace some of the particulars to test the logic of the language:

A sheet of motorcycle vests appears and God says “take and wear”. I reply “ No Lord, I’ve never worn such clothing in my life!”

The Lord replies “Take and wear, for three men are knocking at your door; go with them, for I have sent them to you.

You go to the door and find three bikers and they hand you a biker’s jacket and say “climb on the back of this bike and go with us.”

Do you think God wanted you to get on the bike and go with them?

If God showed Peter all kinds of once forbidden foods and commanded him to kill and eat, then sent him to stay with a Roman Centurion for several days, the expectation would be that the menu would not be kosher. To think otherwise is, in my humble opinion, naive. That God would command a devoted Jew to kill and eat something that has previously been forbidden in order to only communicate that Gentiles are “clean” is not very respectful of God’s methodology.

Doug

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be offensive to God for you to reject His Judgments, and then work to convince others to reject God's Judgments as well?
Yes, but I haven’t! So far, you are the only one to accuse me of rejecting God’s judgements. The Spirit has been very quiet as to my being offensive to the Godhead! And I’m quite aware of his convicting tone of voice.

Doug

Pork was is not considered “kosher” by Jews,

Yes, there are many examples in the Bible of faithful obedient Jews. Paul said these men were Jews "of the heart". You may have heard of some of these Faithful men. Caleb, Joshua, David, Shadrack, Zacharias, Simeon and of course, the most obedient of all Jews, the man Jesus.

He is my Savior, I am purchased by God with His Blood, as such. I am not my own and so I "do" what HE instructs to the best of my ability. HE said, " It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by "every word" that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

He Told me that if I seek the Kingdom of God and "HIS" Righteousness, I will find what to eat and what not to eat. (Matt. 6)

When men go into the Scriptures that Paul teaches are inspired by God "for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works." (2Tim. 3:16,17) they will find the following Words of my God and Jesus' God.

Lev. 11: And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.

These faithful obedient men of the Bible Loved God and respected His Words and "Lived by them" as did the Jesus "of the Bible"

44 For I am the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 45 For I am the LORD that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy.

The Disciples understood this according to what is actually written, including Peter.

1 Pet. 1: 13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; 14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts "in your ignorance": 15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; 16 "Because" it is written, "Be ye holy; for I am holy"

So my understanding in this issue is founded, not on religious tradition of man, but as you can clearly see, it is founded on the Words of God, and confirmed by Jesus and His Disciples.

This world's religions promote a different Gospel, and another Jesus not found in Scriptures. This is why I believe the Christ said to "Come out of them", and as HE instructed in Matt. 6, "Be not ye therefore like unto them"

but it was considered “food” for human consumption.

Yes, the men of this world hate God and Despise HIS Judgments as it is written. I too, like you, was snared, in time past, by this world's religions, which also despise many of God's Judgments. Choosing instead to "Yield themselves" servants to obey the prince of this world that Paul said is disguised as "Ministers of Righteousness". Paul talks about this very thing.

Eph. 2: 2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit "that now worketh" in the "children of disobedience":

But I am not my own now, and I have instructions that I am to walk in. I am hoping maybe you might consider this Jesus and His instructions as well.

Eph. 4: 17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk "not as other Gentiles walk", in the vanity of "their" mind,

18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to "work" all uncleanness with greediness.

20 But ye have not so learned Christ; 21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: 22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; 23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; 24 And that ye put on "the new man", which "after God" is created in righteousness and true holiness.

So I'm not supposed to walk as other gentiles, I am supposed to walk as did the Faithful obedient Jews, like Jesus. It's right there in front of you.

Gentiles were not expected to be held to the Jewish dietary standards

You are being so deceitful here. You know these instructions in regard to what God deems as Food and what God deems as not food, are from God, not Jews. They are HIS Judgments. And yet you work to deceive others into believing they are simply traditions of the men, in this case, Jewish men.

You are free to behave in whatever manner you wish. But I truly wish you had some respect for God and His Word and wouldn't work so hard to deceive others as to whose Law defines clean and unclean for us.

for they were instructed in Acts 15 that“28It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements: 29You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things.

You will note the absence of not eating pork or shellfish in their instructions.

Yes, along with Loving your neighbor as yourself, and killing others, and stealing from others. Will you now preach to others that the only Laws of God still in effect are "that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood?

And even then, in your religion wouldn't the stomach then also cleanse meat from strangled animals? Wouldn't the stomach cleanse Blood that enters from without? And food offered to Idols?

You see TD, if you were here to examine and honestly discuss Scriptures, seeking Biblical Truth, we could have this conversation. But because you are only here to JUSTIFY yourself, and JUSTIFY your adopted religious philosophy, we can't have an honest discussion and you can't answer my questions, not because you don't know the answer, but because the answer exposes the lack of God in the religious philosophy you are promoting.

As for Acts 15, where would the Gentile converts go to be learned of the Father? If you had included the next verse, you would see for yourself where the Gentiles who had "Turned to God" would find the instructions concerning what is Food and what is not.

21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

Paul’s answer is nothing in particular. All food is clean, all days are equally honored and important in God’s sight.

This is the preaching of your specific adopted religious sect. But even a child can read the Scriptures and learn that the God of Abraham does Deem some days over others. And God does instruct men as to what is food and what is not.

So you don't believe Him, so what? Does your unbelief in God make the Faith of God of none effect? What does Paul teach?

Rom. 3:3: For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
4 God forbid: (That means NO! TD) yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Human understanding and perspective is fickle, even in the best motives, thus kosher Jews are going to view some things differently than non-Jews and we are free to follow our own perspectives (regarding food) as long as we are doing so in faith (not law).

I know what your religion preaches, God prophesied of it years ago.

Jer. 23: 16 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Hearken not unto the words of the prophets that prophesy unto you: they make you vain: they speak a vision of their own heart, and not out of the mouth of the LORD. 17 They say still unto them that despise me, The LORD hath said, Ye shall have peace; and they say unto every one that walketh after the imagination "of his own heart", No evil shall come upon you.

So I understand where your adopted philosophy "and we are free to follow our own perspectives" comes from.

I am simply hoping to share with you what the Scriptures actually say about this popular religious philosophy, and then enter into an honest discussion about them.

Studyman asked the simple question;
"Let me ask you another question you can ignore. "Is a sheep clean for food according to Scriptures, even if a Gentile eats it?"

Why not just answer the question "according to Scriptures"? My 5-year-old granddaughter could correctly answer this question in 2 seconds.

But no, you must justify yourself, your own religious philosophy, and promote it to others, just as Eve did.

Can you really not see?

Let’s replace some of the particulars to test the logic of the language:

A sheet of motorcycle vests appears and God says “take and wear”. I reply “ No Lord, I’ve never worn such clothing in my life!”

The Lord replies “Take and wear, for three men are knocking at your door; go with them, for I have sent them to you.

You go to the door and find three bikers and they hand you a biker’s jacket and say “climb on the back of this bike and go with us.”

Do you think God wanted you to get on the bike and go with them?

Seek Biblical Truth TD, not justification. This exercise is silly and unproductive.

If God showed Peter (IN A VISION) all kinds of once forbidden foods (IN A VISION) and commanded him to kill and eat, (IN A VISION) then sent him to stay with a Roman Centurion for several days, the expectation would be that the menu would not be kosher.

Here is what the Scriptures actually teach TD.

"And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that feareth God, and of good report among all the "nation of the Jews", was warned from God "by an holy angel" to send for thee into his house, and to hear words of thee.

Perhaps you can explain to me your preaching to others, how that the Godly man "Cornelius", would offer a man of God "swine's flesh" for dinner.

How naive.

To think otherwise is, in my humble opinion, naive.

So you really believe that Cornelious, a Just man that feared God would set a Table for the Elder of Christ's Church that God Told him to summon, with pork and other unclean food.

I will ask you another question, in your religion, would this verse also apply to Cornelious "This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,

That God would command a devoted Jew to kill and eat something that has previously been forbidden in order to only communicate that Gentiles are “clean” is not very respectful of God’s methodology.

TD, it was a "VISION" a dream, and Peter pondered on the Vision, and then God revealed to Him what it meant. And he told you what it meant.

Don't twist the vision to justify for your own disobedience.

Seek Gods Righteousness, not self-justification.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here; did Christ teach something else after he became a man?

Doug

That's the point. HE didn't teach anything different as the Word of God, than HE did as the man Jesus.

44 For I am the LORD your God: (Isn't this your Christ too?) ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy: (Isn't your Jesus also Holy?) neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

45 For I am the LORD that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy.

So NO! The Jesus "of the Bible" didn't teach anything else after becoming a man.

Notice I am still answering your questions, and you are still ignoring mine. What spirit would motivate you to treat others in this way?

Yes, but I haven’t! So far, you are the only one to accuse me of rejecting God’s judgements.
You accused yourself of rejecting God's Judgments, falsely calling them "Jewish Traditions" that are not for you. I am merely responding to your own teaching.

The Spirit has been very quiet as to my being offensive to the Godhead! And I’m quite aware of his convicting tone of voice.
Doug

No doubt the spirit moves you and others to preach to the world that we are all free to follow the imaginations of our own hearts, and still be accepted. And truly this has been a great marketing strategy for the religious businesses of this world. It just seems that men should actually believe and obey the God they Profess to know, at least in something as easy and simple to understand as what is, and what is not food.

There is no sense in continuing a discussion with someone who refuses to exhibit even the simplest of courtesies concerning answering questions asked or Addressing Scriptures posted.

My hope that in the quiet moments, where there are no men to justify yourself in front of, that you might consider the Inspired Words of God shown you in the exchange, and maybe consider the answer to the questions I asked.

Thanks for the example.

But because you are only here to JUSTIFY yourself, and JUSTIFY your adopted religious philosophy, we can't have an honest discussion and you can't answer my questions, not because you don't know the answer, but because the answer exposes the lack of God in the religious philosophy you are promoting.
I could say the same thing about you, Studyman, that you are trying to justify your own interpretation; isn’t that what everyone on such a discussion forum does?

Everyone has an adopted religious philosophy, and if they wanted to, they could all take your attitude and call all the other positions ‘Godless’; I will simply say what Paul has said, that your understanding about “food” makes you the “weaker brother”. Not Godless, but a brother whose faith is still growing and for and with whom I should employ patient understanding.

As I have often said to others in this forum, I will simply choose to disagree with you agreeably. May the Grace and Peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you and in you!

Notice I am still answering your questions, and you are still ignoring mine. What spirit would motivate you to treat others in this way?
I believe I have tried to answer every point that you have raised. I certainly do not make it a practice of ignoring questions. Feel free to pose any question you feel slighted in my responses, but I seriously doubt that I could say anything that hasn’t been said before, but I will try if you so desire.

Doug

I could say the same thing about you, Studyman, that you are trying to justify your own interpretation; isn’t that what everyone on such a discussion forum does?

I'm posting the God Inspired Scriptures, asking questions for the purpose of discerning or "testing" your preaching, as instructed. I trust Scriptures because Paul said they are "profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works".

I am not promoting an interpretation, I am "testing the spirits" of this world's interpretations that you have adopted and are now promoting to others.

1 John 4: 1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

You are simply defending an adopted religious philosophy that falls apart when the Light of Scriptures shines on them, in my view. Could I be interpretating them wrong? Of course, that is why I post the actual scriptures, then ask questions about them. Scriptures you continually ignore and questions you refuse to answer.

For instance, you are preaching to others on this forum "He (God) "created Judaism" with all of its high days and religious traditions. Then he sent Jesus, who rather upset the apple cart, and through his disciples changed the rules and traditions that God previously established.

In response to your preaching, I said and asked the following.

"I hear this world's religions, "who come in Christ's Name" use the word "Judaizer" to justify their religious traditions since my youth. This word they created doesn't exist anywhere in the Scriptures and when I ask those who have adopted and are promoting the various religious sects and religious businesses of this world to define this word, they always deflect, or many times simply refuse to engage.

So I'll ask you. Was Jesus a "Judaizer" in His walk? John 8:29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

Or was Saul a "Judiazer" in his walk? Gal. 1: 13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it: 14 And profited in the "Jews' religion" above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the "traditions of my fathers".

So was the Pharisee, who transgressed God's Commandments by their own religious traditions a "Judaizer"? Or was Jesus, who humbled Himself in obedience to God until death, a "Judaizer"?

And according to the religious philosophy you have adopted and are now promoting, which one of the two examples above walked in the "Good Works" God created, and ordained that His People should walk in them?

The Jesus of the Bible, or the Pharisees?"

So as you can clearly see, I am not justifying my own interpretation of Scriptures here. I am posting scriptures and asking questions which is necessary to discern your preaching which is founded supposedly on "Your" interpretation of Scriptures.

But you refuse to address the Words of God posted, and you refuse to even acknowledge the question which MUST be answered and understood before a man can even know what you are talking about.

Everyone has an adopted religious philosophy,

This is true. Jeremiah, Isaiah, Jesus, Paul, Peter, and all the faithful men in the Bible "Adopted" a religious philosophy created by the God "of the Bible". And the Pharisees, Sadducees, Romans and Pagans also adopted religious philosophies, created by man, according to Gods Word. Even an Atheist adopts a religious philosophy.

In the world today, we have the religious philosophies of the religious sect of the Baptists, Catholics, Morman's, JW's, SDA, and literally dozens of other religious sects and businesses, all promoting different religious philosophies. All supposedly founded on interpretations of Scriptures.

I am instructed by the God who inspired the Holy scriptures, to discern between the "many" doctrines in order to determine which ones are "Wrought in God" and which ones are "wrought in men".

Is this not true?

and if they wanted to, they could all take your attitude and call all the other positions ‘Godless’;

If a philosophy is not "wrought in God", then it would be a "Godless" philosophy, Yes? And since I am warned over and over by the Christ about the Philosophies, doctrines, commandments and traditions "OF MEN", then it is up to me to "test the spirits" to see is they are founded on "every Word" of God as Jesus instructs or are just another of the "many" prophesied religious philosophies created by men "that walketh after the imagination of his own heart."

I'm sorry if me following the instructions of God's inspired Word offends or angers you. I don't call "all" other positions "Godless", rather, I post scriptures and ask questions for the purpose of determining whether or not the "position" being promoted are wrought in God. I attempt to do this together with others also seeking the same end. But some men are more interested in justifying themselves that letting the Light shine in their hearts, for fear they might

I will simply say what Paul has said, that your understanding about “food” makes you the “weaker brother”.

Perhaps. But if a person asked me questions about God's Word, I wouldn't completely blow him off just because the answers to those questions might sting me or expose a darkness or deception within me. I used to work to defend and preserve the darkness within me by avoiding the Scriptures which might expose them, and the answers to questions which also expose them. But have since been "convinced in my own mind", as Paul teaches, what God instructs.

I do wish you would answer my questions, like "in your religion, wouldn't the stomach that makes maggots, slugs, dogs and swine's flesh "clean" also make Blood, and meat from animals Strangled, and food offered to idols also clean?" What's the difference between eating animals that have been strangled, or eating a pig?

Didn't the same God, with the Same Power, Wisdom and Authority, give men the Same Instruction regarding them both?

In your religion, am I not be allowed to ask these questions?

Not Godless, but a brother whose faith is still growing and for and with whom I should employ patient understanding.

Again, I am more interested in what the scriptures actually teach.

Titus 1: 10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision: 11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake. 12 One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies. 13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith; 14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

This is an essential part of the Christ's Law, is it not?

Lev. 19: 17 Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.

2 Tim. 4: 1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; 2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

An essential part of the growth of any man of faith is "correction" and chastisement from God. Paul says God's Word provides this "correction" along with God's "instruction in righteousness". I simply believe we should seek "HIS" Righteousness, as not go about establishing our own.

As I have often said to others in this forum, I will simply choose to disagree with you agreeably. May the Grace and Peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you and in you!

This is, no doubt, your righteousness. "Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh."

But the Jesus "of the Bible" said I am to Love others "As HE Loved me".

Nevertheless, these discussions are great for men to dwell on and partake of.

Thanks for the continuing platform to show Glory to God.

I believe I have tried to answer every point that you have raised. I certainly do not make it a practice of ignoring questions.

But my friend, you have done just that, over and over. Perhaps you can't see it, or are blinded to it, but clearly you have.

Feel free to pose any question you feel slighted in my responses, but I seriously doubt that I could say anything that hasn’t been said before, but I will try if you so desire.

Thank you so much for your kind offer to answer my questions. I would be honored if you would answer them?

If God showed Peter (IN A VISION) all kinds of once forbidden foods (IN A VISION) and commanded him to kill and eat, (IN A VISION) then sent him to stay with a Roman Centurion for several days, the expectation would be that the menu would not be kosher.

Here, you are promoting the teaching that Cornelious would have offered Peter "Non-Kosher" animals for food? Here is how Cornelious is defined by Scriptures.

"And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that feareth God, and of "good report" among all the "nation of the Jews", was warned from God "by an holy angel" to send for thee into his house, and to hear words of thee.

How is it that it would be "Nieve" to believe that the Godly man "Cornelius", who feared God, would offer the Jewish man of God Peter, "swine's flesh" for dinner?

I will ask you another question, in your religion, would this verse not also apply to Cornelious "This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,

And one more please since you offered, in your religion wouldn't Cornelious be the perfect example of a "Jew inwardly, of the heart", whose circumcision is of the heart?"

And if the stomach makes swine's flesh clean or acceptable by God for food, as you preach, then wouldn't the stomach also make blood clean for food? And meat from animals that are strangled clean for food? And food offered to Idols clean for food?

In Scripture, does God esteem one day above another?

In Scripture, does God establish a difference between clean and unclean, Holy and Unholy? Does God tell men how to "Be holy, even as HE is Holy?

I so much appreciate your offer to answer these questions.

Thanks so much in advance.

For instance, you are preaching to others on this forum "He (God) "created Judaism" with all of its high days and religious traditions.
Didn’t he?

Then he sent Jesus, who rather upset the apple cart,
Didn’t he. I don’t recall Jesus sitting around the fire with the Pharisees and singing Kum By Ya.

and through his disciples changed the rules and traditions that God previously established.
Yep, like no need for the sacrifices, no circumcision, no dietary restrictions.
I do wish you would answer my questions, like "in your religion, wouldn't the stomach that makes maggots, slugs, dogs and swine's flesh "clean"
Jesus isn’t teaching a physiology lesson or a biological process about how food is processed after being eaten.

also make Blood, and meat from animals Strangled, and food offered to idols also clean?"
Yes, no difference.

What's the difference between eating animals that have been strangled, or eating a pig?
Nothing! The concessions in the edict from the Jerusalem Council were to placate the Jewish community in the areas where the Gentiles were being saved and brought into the church. They were pragmatic concessions, with the exception of fornication, which is an absolute requirement. Paul teaches the Corinthians in 1 Cor 8: “7But not everyone possesses this knowledge. Some people are still so accustomed to idols that when they eat sacrificial food they think of it as having been sacrificed to a god, and since their conscience is weak, it is defiled. 8But food does not bring us near to God; we are no worse if we do not eat, and no better if we do.

But the Jewish community, and the new Jewish believers in Christ, would have a more difficult time with the elimination of all the dietary laws, so they kept some minimal restrictions, though Paul clearly saw nothing wrong with eating food sacrificed to idols. It’s just meat that affects nothing good or bad regardless of whether it is eaten or not. It is neither righteous or unrighteous in itself. Only your attitude in relation to a brother can make it bad.

Doug

How is it that it would be "Nieve" to believe that the Godly man "Cornelius", who feared God, would offer the Jewish man of God Peter, "swine's flesh" for dinner?
First, I never said Cornelius offered “swine flesh” for dinner. I simply said that it would not have been kosher, at least not to the normal standard of a conservative, lifelong Jewish man.

All of Cornelius’s family were there, and we are not told anything about them, but it is not likely that they were eating kosher.

I have said, and say again, that the vision of the sheet full of forbidden food is not just about “Gentile” people being ‘kosher’ but that all things like Gentile food are also kosher. It is the elimination of two types of people, Jews and Gentiles, and making them one!

Eph 2:14For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 15by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace, 16and in one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility.

Doug

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom