Why The Trinity is Wrong: Lord v LORD

There is no "Godhead" in Scripture. A very bad translation uses that term.
Cognate with Theos , there are three other words to be noted :

1. Theotes , rendered "Deity", and used of Christ. Occurs only in Col_2:9, and has relation to the Godhead personally ; while

Theiotes , rendered "Deity" also, is Deity in the abstract . Occurs only in Rom_1:20.

3. Theios , rendered "Divine", and is used of Christ. Occurs only in 2Pe_1:3; 2Pe_1:4; and, with the Article, in Act_17:29, where it is rendered "Godhead". Gr. = that which [is] Divine.

II. I AM.
Used by Christ of Himself, in Joh_8:58. See note on Exo_3:14.

The following is a complete list :--
· Exo_3:14. "I am that I am."
· Exo_3:14. "I am."
· Exo_6:3. "Jehovah."
· Exo_28:36; Exo_39:30. "Holiness (R.V. "Holy") to the Lord."
· Deu_28:58. "The Lord thy God."
· Psa_68:4. "Jah."
· Psa_83:18. "Jehovah."
· Isa_26:4. "Jehovah."
· Dan_5:25-28. "Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharsin." ( v . 28, "Peres".)
· Zec_14:20. "Holiness (R.V. "Holy") unto the Lord."
· Mat_1:21. "Jesus."
· Mat_1:25. "Jesus."
· Mat_27:37. The inscriptions on the Cross. Also Mar_15:26. Luk_23:38. Joh_19:19.
· Luk_1:31; Luk_2:21. "Jesus."
· Act_17:23. "To the (R.V. "an") unknown God."
· Rev_17:5. "Mystery, Babylon the Great, the Mother of (R.V. "the") Harlots and (R.V. "the") Abominations of the Earth."
· Rev_19:16. "King of Kings, and Lord of Lords."
Large capitals in A.V. Small roman letters in R.V.
· Jer_23:6. "The Lord our Righteousness."
· Zec_3:8. "Branch."

· Zec_6:12. "Branch."

Johann-guess you didn't know this.

Last edited:
No. The humility of you supposing you know better than Merriam Webster!
A powerful ruler certainly applies as sense 4 for a god. Given that Jesus has been given ALL authority in heaven and Earth, you don't think that qualifies him as a powerful ruler? :eek:
I presented nothing against the Merrian Webster. In fact i consulted it to make my point. It's your mistaken view that Jesus does not qualify as its definitiion #1 that I take exception to.
And I think you are missing the point of this threads analysis. Jesus was never called a god but using Ps 82 to defend his use of the term son of god.
The LXX and Greek NT taken as a whole clearly shows that He is κύριος.

Except for the many ways he is not.
  • Jesus died
  • God is greater than Jesus
  • God knows more than Jesus
  • Jesus was raised from the dead by God
  • God sent Jesus
  • God told Jesus what to say
  • Jesus has a God
He is also 100% human if you didn't notice. And His condenscension to become 100% human in addition to remaining 100% Divine puts all your misconceptions to rest.

Inequality is not determined by having one thing in common but having things not in common.

Without following your retreat into a foreign language, there are many 'lords' in Scripture including Jesus and YHWH but there is only one capital LORD, which exclusively applies to YWHW and not Jesus.
The original language gives a clear picture of the Divinity of all 3 members of the Trinity. Your reliance on your thoughts as to which English Bible to throw out the window and which one to keep has thrown you for a 100 yard loss.

Last edited:
And I think you are missing the point of this threads analysis. Jesus was never called a god but using Ps 82 to defend his use of the term son of god.

1A song of Asaph. God stands in the congregation of God; in the midst of the judges He will judge. אמִזְמ֗וֹר לְאָ֫סָ֥ף אֱלֹהִ֗ים נִצָּ֥ב בַּֽעֲדַת־אֵ֑ל בְּקֶ֖רֶב אֱלֹהִ֣ים יִשְׁפֹּֽט:

2How long will you judge unjustly and favor the wicked forever? בעַד־מָתַ֣י תִּשְׁפְּטוּ־עָ֑וֶל וּפְנֵ֥י רְ֜שָׁעִ֗ים תִּשְׂאוּ־סֶֽלָה:

3Judge the poor and orphan; justify the humble and the impoverished. גשִׁפְטוּ־דָ֥ל וְיָת֑וֹם עָנִ֖י וָרָ֣שׁ הַצְדִּֽיקוּ:

4Release the poor and the needy; save [them] from the hands of [the] wicked. דפַּלְּטוּ־דַ֣ל וְאֶבְי֑וֹן מִיַּ֖ד רְשָׁעִ֣ים הַצִּֽילוּ:

5They did not know and they do not understand [that] they will walk in darkness; all the foundations of the earth will totter. הלֹ֚א יָֽדְע֨וּ | וְלֹ֬א יָבִ֗ינוּ בַּֽחֲשֵׁכָ֥ה יִתְהַלָּ֑כוּ יִ֜מּ֗וֹטוּ כָּל־מ֥וֹסְדֵי אָֽרֶץ:

6I said, "You are angelic creatures, and all of you are angels of the Most High." ואֲֽנִ֣י אָ֖מַרְתִּי אֱלֹהִ֣ים אַתֶּ֑ם וּבְנֵ֖י עֶלְי֣וֹן כֻּלְּכֶֽם:

7Indeed, as man, you will die, and as one of the princes, you will fall. זאָכֵ֥ן כְּאָדָ֣ם תְּמוּת֑וּן וּכְאַחַ֖ד הַשָּׂרִ֣ים תִּפֹּֽלוּ:

8Arise, O God, judge the earth, for You inherit all the

nations. חקוּמָ֣ה אֱ֖לֹהִים שָׁפְטָ֣ה הָאָ֑רֶץ כִּֽי־אַתָּ֥ה תִ֜נְחַ֗ל בְּכָל־הַגּוֹיִֽם:

Elohim standeth in the Adat El; He judgeth among the elohim [

See Ps 82:6 and Yn 10:34

Elohim stands in the company of the Almighty El; He
judges in the midst of Elohim.

God takes His stand in the assembly of God. He judges among the ‘gods’:

Elohim stands in the congregation of Ěl; He judges in the midst of the elohim.

of Asaph. The eleventh of the twelve Asaph Psalms.

God. Hebrew. Elohim.

standeth: i.e. officially.

the congregation of the mighty = GOD'S (Hebrew El.} assembly (in its civil aspect).

gods. Elohim: used of earthly judges as representing Him. Compare Exo_21:6; Exo_22:8, Exo_22:9, Exo_22:28 (quoted in Act_23:5). Hence, Moses is so spoken of (Exo_7:1). (It is used also of idols as representing even a false god.) See Joh_10:34, Joh_10:35.

Wrong Psalm to quote-read carefully.

Johann.

Last edited:
The Apostles gave their stamp of approval when they continued the LXX practice of using the word κύριος. Hey, if it's good enough for the Apostles then it's good enough for me.
Re-treating into a difference language to avoid the reason why the trinity is wrong.

Re-treating into a difference language to avoid the reason why the trinity is wrong.
You need to excuse the Apostles in choosing to write in a "different language" other than English. They never got the Unitarian memo to write their Epistles in English.

You need to excuse the Apostles in choosing to write in a "different language" other than English. They never got the Unitarian memo to write their Epistles in English.
As usual, you have it totally backwards. Every single Epistle disses the false trinitarian God as every single Epistle identifies only the Father as God.

May grace and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus, the Anointed One, surround you. First, I thank my God through Jesus the Anointed for all of you. Romans 1:7-8

I pray that God our Father and the Lord Jesus, the Anointed One, will shower you with grace and peace. 1 Cor 1:3

May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace.
2 Corinthians 1:2

I was not appointed by any group of people or any human authority, but by Jesus Christ himself and by God the Father, who raised Jesus from the dead.
Galatians 1:1

Ephesians 1:2

Philippians 1:2

May God our Father give you grace and peace. Colossians 1:2

We are writing to the church in Thessalonica, to you who belong to God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 1 & 2 Thessalonians 1:1

May God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord give you grace, mercy, and peace.1 & 2 Timothy 1:2

May God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior give you grace and peace.
Titus 1:4

Philemon 1:3

For God never said to any angel what he said to Jesus: “You are my Son. Today I have become your Father.” God also said, “I will be his Father, and he will be my Son. Hebrews 1:5

Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring. James 1:27

God the Father knew you and chose you long ago, and his Spirit has made you holy. 1 Peter 1:2

when he received honor and glory from God the Father. 2 Peter 1:17

We proclaim ... our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.
1 John 1:3 (NOTE: Again no reference to the HS)

Grace, mercy, and peace, which come from God the Father. 2 John 1:3

He has made us a Kingdom of priests for God his Father. Revelation 1:6

As usual, you have it totally backwards. Every single Epistle disses the false trinitarian God as every single Epistle identifies only the Father as God.

May grace and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus, the Anointed One, surround you. First, I thank my God through Jesus the Anointed for all of you. Romans 1:7-8

I pray that God our Father and the Lord Jesus, the Anointed One, will shower you with grace and peace. 1 Cor 1:3

2 Corinthians 1:2

I was not appointed by any group of people or any human authority, but by Jesus Christ himself and by God the Father, who raised Jesus from the dead.
Galatians 1:1

Ephesians 1:2

Philippians 1:2

May God our Father give you grace and peace. Colossians 1:2

We are writing to the church in Thessalonica, to you who belong to God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 1 & 2 Thessalonians 1:1

May God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord give you grace, mercy, and peace.1 & 2 Timothy 1:2

May God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior give you grace and peace.
Titus 1:4

Philemon 1:3

For God never said to any angel what he said to Jesus: “You are my Son. Today I have become your Father.” God also said, “I will be his Father, and he will be my Son. Hebrews 1:5

Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring. James 1:27

God the Father knew you and chose you long ago, and his Spirit has made you holy. 1 Peter 1:2

when he received honor and glory from God the Father. 2 Peter 1:17

We proclaim ... our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.
1 John 1:3 (NOTE: Again no reference to the HS)

Grace, mercy, and peace, which come from God the Father. 2 John 1:3

He has made us a Kingdom of priests for God his Father. Revelation 1:6
The NT, that the Apostles wrote, uses the word κύριος, the LXX word for God, as the title also for Jesus. If you don't like it then take it up with the Apostles.

You are still running away from John 1:1 which reveals that "the Word (Jesus) was God", and still is.

You are still running away from John 1:1 which reveals that "the Word (Jesus) was God", and still is.
I've never run away from John 1:1, which does not even mention Jesus. Your take contradicts John's stated purpose for it @ John 20:31. Because there is no Scripture supporting the trinity, you have to desperately reach for a verse that does not even mention what you are emotionally invested in; it saying.

The NT, that the Apostles wrote, uses the word κύριος, the LXX word for God, as the title also for Jesus. If you don't like it then take it up with the Apostles.

Yes the Greek word for YHWH.

I've never run away from John 1:1, which does not even mention Jesus. Your take contradicts John's stated purpose for it @ John 20:31. Because there is no Scripture supporting the trinity, you have to desperately reach for a verse that does not even mention what you are emotionally invested in; it saying.
Do you know the person in the video ?

I do and use to debate him all the time on CARM.

Good old Jack the Bear, lol.

Or now "Our Lord's God."
Unbelievable that he has over 10k followers .

And CARM had much better Unitarians like robr, Elpis and John Milton who could make better apologetic and exegetical arguments to defend their position.

Back
Top Bottom