The Holy Spirit

The OP is trash.

Keep dodging Acts 13:2.
I told you before I don't dodge Scripture. I'm an expert on the New Testament Scriptures and can explain any of it. Just ask instead of posting 25 verses and then blame me for not commenting on all 25. The "Holy Ghost" is God who spoke to them through the spirit of God that was in them. It's not rocket science. I have the spirit of God born within me and so the spirit can talk to me since it's part of me.

2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work where unto I have called them.

I don't care what you said.

Acts 13:2 is being dodged.
I told you before I don't dodge Scripture. I'm an expert on the New Testament Scriptures and can explain any of it. Just ask instead of posting 25 verses and then blame me for not commenting on all 25. The "Holy Ghost" is God who spoke to them through the spirit of God that was in them. It's not rocket science. I have the spirit of God born within me and so the spirit can talk to me since it's part of me. You're accusing me personally like the devil a tad bit too much and so I will not be responding to you in the future.

2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work where unto I have called them.

Hearing and speaking is what you can do as a person. The spirit is not a person. And the spirit can speak. Angels can also speak and they are not people. It appears you cannot understand the Christ apart from seeing God through your own image.
You are conflating categories of beings.

The fact is only a living being can listen, speak, think, reason etc…..

The Father does the above
The Son does the above
The Holy Spirit does the above
The angels do the above
And man does the above

Nothing else has that ability.

You are conflating categories of beings.

The fact is only a living being can listen, speak, think, reason etc…..

The Father does the above
The Son does the above
The Holy Spirit does the above
The angels do the above
And man does the above

Nothing else has that ability.
The Scriptures clearing say...

Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. (This is not God in us or a part of the trinity in us)

As I posted in the OP... Almost every English version translates John 14:17 similarly to “even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him.” Translators capitalize “Spirit” and use “he” and “him”because of their theology. The Greek word “spirit” is neuter and the text could also be translated as “the spirit of truth” and paired with “which” and “it.” The New American Bible reads “which the world cannot accept, because it neither sees nor knows it.” Capitalizing the “H” and “S” and using the English pronoun “He” is appropriate when God is being referred to as “the Holy Spirit.” However, when we see the “h” and “s” having the lower case such as "the holy spirit" and all the pronouns referring to that spirit being impersonal such as “it” and “which” is when the subject under discussion is the gift of God’s nature.

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

It's not God's fault that the translators turned "it" into "him"

The Scriptures clearing say...

Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. (This is not God in us or a part of the trinity in us)

As I posted in the OP... Almost every English version translates John 14:17 similarly to “even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him.” Translators capitalize “Spirit” and use “he” and “him”because of their theology. The Greek word “spirit” is neuter and the text could also be translated as “the spirit of truth” and paired with “which” and “it.” The New American Bible reads “which the world cannot accept, because it neither sees nor knows it.” Capitalizing the “H” and “S” and using the English pronoun “He” is appropriate when God is being referred to as “the Holy Spirit.” However, when we see the “h” and “s” having the lower case such as "the holy spirit" and all the pronouns referring to that spirit being impersonal such as “it” and “which” is when the subject under discussion is the gift of God’s nature.

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

It's not God's fault that the translators turned "it" into "him"
The Holy Spirit

Speaks, is quoted as speaking: John 16:13; Acts 1:16; 8:29; 10:19; 11:12; 13:2; 16:6; 20:23; 21:11; 28:25-27; 1 Tim. 4:1; Heb. 3:7-11; 10:15-17; 1 Pet. 1:11; Rev. 2:7, 11, 17, 29; 3:6, 13, 22.

Can be lied to: Acts 5:3

Can make decisions, judgments: Acts 15:28

Intercedes for Christians with the Father: Rom. 8:26

These are personal characteristics

Back
Top Bottom