Who Exactly is the Church?

I made a comment identifying "Gentile Church" differentiating it from the Jewish Church in our present era of Times of the Gentiles, to which @EclipseEventSigns responded "there is no Gentile Church" in which he is attempting to identify "the Church" in the New Covenant writings as being a Church including both Jew and Gentile, which for the purpose of the beginnings of the Church from Pentecost onward to the destruction of the Jewish Temple I disagreed. After further consideration I have to agree with @EclipseEventSigns that [the] Gentile Church does not exist, which it doesn't. The term "Church" has a sole identification as being a term/word identifying Jews and not Gentiles and that the mention in the New Covenant writings where the word "Church" occurs always refers to the Jewish Church of people alone for the word finds its origin in the Hebrew Scriptures identifying the "Great Congregation" in the desert at the time of the Tabernacle and in all future mentions. The word in Greek itself "ekkelsia" means "called out [ones]" and this is exactly what God did in calling out His people and delivering them from bondage in Egypt.
If you look to where Jesus first used the term ekklesia (Church), He said that he would build His Church on the confession that Peter had just given. If this was in reference to the already existing Israelite nation, then He was too late, the "called out ones (Church)" was already built.
No, the Church was first called out of Israel in the Apostles and the rest of the 120 in the room on Pentecost. To them was added the 3000, and then others as they were being saved daily over the next few years. Then Cornelius and other Gentiles were added after the Jews (the overwhelming majority) disavowed Jesus, and the Kingdom of God was taken away from them and given to the Gentiles (Rom 11:15, Matt 21:43). And since then, many thousands of Gentiles and many Jews have been added to the Church (the same one that the Apostles were part of when it was founded).

Thus it is ONE CHURCH (just as Eph 4:4-6), not Jew, not Gentile, but God's Church (singular) that includes both as equals.

If you look to where Jesus first used the term ekklesia (Church), He said that he would build His Church on the confession that Peter had just given. If this was in reference to the already existing Israelite nation, then He was too late, the "called out ones (Church)" was already built.
No, the Church was first called out of Israel in the Apostles and the rest of the 120 in the room on Pentecost. To them was added the 3000, and then others as they were being saved daily over the next few years. Then Cornelius and other Gentiles were added after the Jews (the overwhelming majority) disavowed Jesus, and the Kingdom of God was taken away from them and given to the Gentiles (Rom 11:15, Matt 21:43). And since then, many thousands of Gentiles and many Jews have been added to the Church (the same one that the Apostles were part of when it was founded).

Thus it is ONE CHURCH (just as Eph 4:4-6), not Jew, not Gentile, but God's Church (singular) that includes both as equals.
"Ekklesia" is a word that means "called out [ones]"
And although not Greek but Jewish the idea applies FIRST to the Hebrews for God "called out" His people OUT OF EGYPT.
God "called out" His Son out of Egypt.
ALL your thought process is infected with Gentile understanding of Jewish history and of the Jewish Messiah.
First master and understand the Hebrew Scriptures and Jewish history and Jewish culture because everything salvation IS OF THE JEWS.
Once you master Redemptive history through the covenant people of God who is the Church and Bride who are called Israel, the apple of God's eye, then MAYBE you'll come to the knowledge of the truth and where Gentiles fit into God's plan.
But you're not there yet. And you won't be "there yet" tomorrow either.

"Ekklesia" is a word that means "called out [ones]"
And although not Greek but Jewish the idea applies FIRST to the Hebrews for God "called out" His people OUT OF EGYPT.
God "called out" His Son out of Egypt.
ALL your thought process is infected with Gentile understanding of Jewish history and of the Jewish Messiah.
First master and understand the Hebrew Scriptures and Jewish history and Jewish culture because everything salvation IS OF THE JEWS.
Came from the Jews, but is not restricted to the Jews to receive and participate in. All the Nations will, and have, received the benefit of the salvation that came through Jesus (the Messiah of all, who was Jewish as the prophecies and promise said He would be).
Once you master Redemptive history through the covenant people of God who is the Church and Bride who are called Israel, the apple of God's eye, then MAYBE you'll come to the knowledge of the truth and where Gentiles fit into God's plan.
But you're not there yet. And you won't be "there yet" tomorrow either.
Oh, I have to disagree with you there.
You see, the root of the tree that is God's people is God Himself. And the trunk of the tree are Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (Israel). Now, all the people born in the family of Jacob were branches of that tree. But when Jesus came, all the branches of the tree were cut off from Israel for their unbelief in Jesus, except the 120 who were loyal to Jesus in the upper room on Pentecost. Then, on Pentecost, 3000 branches were grafted back in. And more branches were grafted in every day for many years. Then, God expanded the scope of where He wanted His Gospel preached, and Gentile branches began to be grafted in, even though they come from "wild" trees. Today, there are far more "wild" branches that are grafted into the trunk than there are native branches, but the trunk is still Abraham, and the root is still God. Nothing has changed except that God is grafting wild branches into the Tree, and those wild branches are equal with the native branches that are being grafted back in, because they all draw their life and sustenance from the same root (Rom 11).

Came from the Jews, but is not restricted to the Jews to receive and participate in. All the Nations will, and have, received the benefit of the salvation that came through Jesus (the Messiah of all, who was Jewish as the prophecies and promise said He would be).

You see, the root of the tree that is God's people is God Himself. And the trunk of the tree are Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (Israel). Now, all the people born in the family of Jacob were branches of that tree. But when Jesus came, all the branches of the tree were cut off from Israel for their unbelief in Jesus, except the 120 who were loyal to Jesus in the upper room on Pentecost. Then, on Pentecost, 3000 branches were grafted back in. And more branches were grafted in every day for many years. Then, God expanded the scope of where He wanted His Gospel preached, and Gentile branches began to be grafted in, even though they come from "wild" trees. Today, there are far more "wild" branches that are grafted into the trunk than there are native branches, but the trunk is still Abraham, and the root is still God. Nothing has changed except that God is grafting wild branches into the Tree, and those wild branches are equal with the native branches that are being grafted back in, because they all draw their life and sustenance from the same root (Rom 11).
AMEN and easily SEEN in the WORD

Scripture to support your statement, please.
More Gentile propaganda.
Don't you study the Scripture or just regurgitate what's in commentaries published by Gentiles?
Don't you do ANY original thinking at all?
(Never mind. I know the answer and it is no.)

Scripture to support your statement, please.
Already posted many times. But you seem to only accept the Law, Prophets, and Psalms as Scripture.
More Gentile propaganda.
Don't you study the Scripture or just regurgitate what's in commentaries published by Gentiles?
Don't you do ANY original thinking at all?
(Never mind. I know the answer and it is no.)
Oh, I have studied the Scriptures extensively (both the Hebrew Scriptures and the New Covenant Scriptures). I do not spread "Gentile propaganda", and no, I do not do any "original thinking" when it comes to God's Word. I teach what God says in His Scriptures, and take Him as His Word. My trust is in the God who created the Universe and in His Son who died to pay the debt I could not pay. He has opened His arms to everyone, both Jew and Gentile, and has given all of them the ability to become children of God (John 1:11-13).

Already posted many times. But you seem to only accept the Law, Prophets, and Psalms as Scripture.
So that means you don't have Scripture to substantiate your comment.
And I'm not going to peruse through every comment you've made to find it.
If you make a comment, you have the prerogative to post the Scripture or not, but when asked you should do so otherwise your commentary is insincere.
So, post the Scripture.
Oh, I have studied the Scriptures extensively (both the Hebrew Scriptures and the New Covenant Scriptures). I do not spread "Gentile propaganda", and no, I do not do any "original thinking" when it comes to God's Word. I teach what God says in His Scriptures, and take Him as His Word. My trust is in the God who created the Universe and in His Son who died to pay the debt I could not pay. He has opened His arms to everyone, both Jew and Gentile, and has given all of them the ability to become children of God (John 1:11-13).
ALL your commentary is Gentile propaganda. You post the textbook answers and basically regurgitate what you've read in Gentile theology - which is biased against Israel and her covenants.
If it were not true, I would not say so, but since it is - and I recognize the theology of Gentiles who have stolen Israel's inheritance to make it their own. Just as there is no covenant in the Law, Psalms, and prophets between God and Gentiles but even though this is true Gentiles STILL don't accept this truth and try to use New Covenant writings AGAINST the Hebrew Scriptures to prove their case and fail. Let me put it this way: There is NO COVENANT in ALL OF THE BIBLE between God and Gentiles. NONE.
and no, I do not do any "original thinking" when it comes to God's Word.
That's your problem and proof of my statement you regurgitate what's in Gentile theology textbooks.

Ask any Jew if there is any covenant between God and Gentiles in the Law, Psalms, and Prophets and they will say no.
If you say God made a covenant with Gentiles in the New Testament, they will also say no.

So where is your proof God made covenant with Gentiles? Stop stalling and provide your Scriptures.
Otherwise, you are insincere, and I have no patience with those who claim my Savior and don't prove the things that come out of their mouths, or in this case, keyboard, because being insincere is the same as being untruthful and we both know which father is exhibited belonging to the person when they practice to deceive.

Let me ask you a question. To which tribe of Israel do you belong? What is your genealogy going back all the way to Abraham? Any Jew should be able to give this right off the top of his head without research or thought. So please post it here for us.
So that means you don't have Scripture to substantiate your comment.
And I'm not going to peruse through every comment you've made to find it.
If you make a comment, you have the prerogative to post the Scripture or not, but when asked you should do so otherwise your commentary is insincere.
So, post the Scripture.
Gen 22:18
Gal 3:6-9
Oh yes, and in Gen 9, God makes a covenant with Noah, a Gentile, and through him with the whole World.
And in Gen 3, God makes a covenant with Adam and Eve, Gentiles, and through them with the whole World.
ALL your commentary is Gentile propaganda. You post the textbook answers and basically regurgitate what you've read in Gentile theology - which is biased against Israel and her covenants.
If it were not true, I would not say so, but since it is - and I recognize the theology of Gentiles who have stolen Israel's inheritance to make it their own. Just as there is no covenant in the Law, Psalms, and prophets between God and Gentiles but even though this is true Gentiles STILL don't accept this truth and try to use New Covenant writings AGAINST the Hebrew Scriptures to prove their case and fail. Let me put it this way: There is NO COVENANT in ALL OF THE BIBLE between God and Gentiles. NONE.
A Gentile is a non-Jew. If a person is not a Jew, then they are, by definition, a Gentile.
Jew:
a member of the people and cultural community whose traditional religion is Judaism and who trace their origins through the ancient Hebrew people of Israel to Abraham.

But this does not apply to the children of Ismael, whose descendants can also trace their origins to Abraham. So the first Jew was Abraham's son, Isaac. Therefore, Abraham was not a Jew. Noah, was not a Jew. Adam was not a Jew. And God made covenant with all of them.
That's your problem and proof of my statement you regurgitate what's in Gentile theology textbooks.

Ask any Jew if there is any covenant between God and Gentiles in the Law, Psalms, and Prophets and they will say no.
If you say God made a covenant with Gentiles in the New Testament, they will also say no.
Then they would all be wrong.
So where is your proof God made covenant with Gentiles? Stop stalling and provide your Scriptures.
Otherwise, you are insincere, and I have no patience with those who claim my Savior and don't prove the things that come out of their mouths, or in this case, keyboard, because being insincere is the same as being untruthful and we both know which father is exhibited belonging to the person when they practice to deceive.
I have posted many times the Scriptures that show Gentiles are equal heirs with Jews in the New Covenant, but you refuse to accept God's Word for these truths. I will try one more time to help you open your heart, mind, and soul to the truths God is trying to show you, and I pray that God's Word does not fall of deaf ears and blind eyes.
Gen 12:1-3
Gal 3:16, 25-29
Hos 2:23
Hos 1:10
Rom 9:22-33
There are many more, but these state clearly that even from the beginning, God planned to bless all nations, and bring them all into covenant with Him through Jesus the Messiah.

Let me ask you a question. To which tribe of Israel do you belong? What is your genealogy going back all the way to Abraham? Any Jew should be able to give this right off the top of his head without research or thought. So please post it here for us.

Gen 22:18
Gal 3:6-9
Oh yes, and in Gen 9, God makes a covenant with Noah, a Gentile, and through him with the whole World.
And in Gen 3, God makes a covenant with Adam and Eve, Gentiles, and through them with the whole World.

A Gentile is a non-Jew. If a person is not a Jew, then they are, by definition, a Gentile.
Jew:
a member of the people and cultural community whose traditional religion is Judaism and who trace their origins through the ancient Hebrew people of Israel to Abraham.

But this does not apply to the children of Ismael, whose descendants can also trace their origins to Abraham. So the first Jew was Abraham's son, Isaac. Therefore, Abraham was not a Jew. Noah, was not a Jew. Adam was not a Jew. And God made covenant with all of them.

Then they would all be wrong.

I have posted many times the Scriptures that show Gentiles are equal heirs with Jews in the New Covenant, but you refuse to accept God's Word for these truths. I will try one more time to help you open your heart, mind, and soul to the truths God is trying to show you, and I pray that God's Word does not fall of deaf ears and blind eyes.
Gen 12:1-3
Gal 3:16, 25-29
Hos 2:23
Hos 1:10
Rom 9:22-33
There are many more, but these state clearly that even from the beginning, God planned to bless all nations, and bring them all into covenant with Him through Jesus the Messiah.
It doesn't matter what tribe I belong to. You're only going to understand it with a Gentile mindset and re-interpret it in Gentile fashion.

It doesn't matter what tribe I belong to. You're only going to understand it with a Gentile mindset and re-interpret it in Gentile fashion.
I didn't ask what tribe you think I am from. I asked what tribe you are part of. What is your connection to Abraham. The full genealogy please.

I didn't ask what tribe you think I am from. I asked what tribe you are part of. What is your connection to Abraham. The full genealogy please.
I would tell you but if you can't accept and handle and understand all I've already posted neither will you understand what tribe I am from and why.

I would tell you but if you can't accept and handle and understand all I've already posted neither will you understand what tribe I am from and why.
I do understand everything you have posted so far. But I do not accept it because it contradicts Scripture. But please, do tell us your lineage. It is very important to me that I know your full lineage back to Abraham.

The Church is Israel.

18 I will give thee thanks in the great congregation:
I will praise thee among much people.
Ps 35:18.

26 Bless ye God in the congregations,
Even the Lord, from the fountain of Israel.
Ps 68:26.

25 My praise shall be of thee in the great congregation:
I will pay my vows before them that fear him.
Ps 22:25.

13 And there assembled at Jerusalem much people to keep the feast of unleavened bread in the second month, a very great congregation.
2 Chron. 30:13.

1 Now when Ezra had prayed, and when he had confessed, weeping and casting himself down before the house of God, there assembled unto him out of Israel a very great congregation of men and women and children: for the people wept very sore.
Ezra 10:1.

65 And at that time Solomon held a feast, and all Israel with him, a great congregation, from the entering in of Hamath unto the river of Egypt, before the LORD our God, seven days and seven days, even fourteen days.
1 Kings 8:65.

Yup.
Israel is the TRUE and original Church and pillar of the Living God.

No.
Truly.
I knew that you could not. There is no one, not a single person alive today, who can trace their lineage back through Isaac and Jacob to Abraham with any proof; not one. There is NO ONE who can prove that they are of Abraham's seed (except for those of us in the Church who are adopted into Israel through Christ, and so are heirs to the Promise).

I knew that you could not. There is no one, not a single person alive today, who can trace their lineage back through Isaac and Jacob to Abraham with any proof; not one.
Typical Gentile-biased, unlearned and unknowledgeable response.
Jews take pride in tracing their lineage through document and word-of-mouth all the way back to one of their tribes. They must. And they do because God ordained it. How else was Moses able to find Achan through the families and tribes and also situate the tribes around the Tabernacle? Even God "numbered" Israel. Genealogy is very important to the Jews. Just take a look at the recorded lineage of Jesus bar Joseph in Matthew and Luke.
There is NO ONE who can prove that they are of Abraham's seed (except for those of us in the Church who are adopted into Israel through Christ, and so are heirs to the Promise).
Are you Jew? What tribe?
IF you knew God's Word (and you don't) you'd know that Gentiles do not come out the loins of Abraham the Hebrew. Gentiles are NEVER adopted into Israel. Even Gentile proselytes who have been circumcised and vowed to obey the Law of Moses and raise their children according to the Law are NEVER in covenant with God. They only enjoy the blessings of Abraham's Covenant. God made the covenant with Abraham and his seed and Gentiles are NOT his seed. So, your statement Gentiles are adopted into Israel is false.
Methinks thou needest to go back to school and learnest the Scripture, youngster - but ONLY if you are a true born of God Christian. All false brethren need not apply.

The Gentiles you mention would be circumcised Gentile proselytes for in the beginning lasting about four decades the witness of Messiah and the Holy Spirit experience was being disseminated among Jews, mainly in the Temple in Jerusalem, in local synagogues in Israel and also in Gentile lands, for these events and experiences were happening to Jews specifically and the twelve tribes in general and Gentile proselytes would be attending their sabbath gatherings and in Jewish homes after the split with the Judaizers and hear these things taking place among the Jews.

Remember, the New Covenant was promised to the House of Israel and Judah (northern and southern kingdoms.) Hard-core, uncircumcised non-covenant Gentiles (Roman or otherwise) did not live among the Jews but had their own sectors and were separated from the Jews because the Jews considered these Gentiles as unclean, and separation would rule the day. So, the things and conversations taking place in Israel and in Gentile lands where Jewish Christians lived were taking place outside the purview of Gentiles.

There is only ONE Church and this Church ("called out [ones]") consisted of Jewish Christians born-again by the Holy Spirit which is fulfillment of covenant and the New Covenant prophecies in Jeremiah 31:31-34. Christ is the fulfillment of covenant and prophecies. And if Gentiles were not mentioned when the covenants were made then they would not be included when the covenant prophecies were being fulfilled. All this Gentile attempts at inheritance thefts based upon Galatians 3:28-29 is error. From Scripture there is no such thing as a Gentile Church for the one main reason being that the Law, Psalms, and the Prophets do not record the existence of a Gentile Church. But there is mention many times over of a Jewish Church but it is being called the "Great Congregation" in Scripture and this Church belongs to God and His Christ/Messiah. God made no covenant with Gentiles and the fact that hard-core, uncircumcised, non-covenant Gentiles have been born-again and filled with the Holy Spirit is taking place without a covenant. So, why all these attempts by these same Gentiles at trying to elbow their way - yes, even usurping - the covenants God made with the House of Israel and trying to join themselves into covenants they are never mentioned when created as being a part of.

Let's be honest here. I have asked many times for someone to prove to me through the Law, Psalms, and the Prophets (Hebrew Scriptures) of any mention or inclusion of uncircumcised Gentiles in these three covenants (Abraham, Mosaic, New Covenant) and no one can do it.
Let's be honest here, too, that the New Covenant writings of Saul, Peter, James, Matthew, John, etc., are letters to the various Jewish Churches throughout Israel and Gentile lands by these same men only discussing and attempting to understand to their counterparts the effect Messiah and the Holy Spirit's arrivals had on these same covenants because this was the "new thing" [Isaiah] God was doing in the earth (Israel) and it took time to search the Hebrew Scriptures to understand just that - the New Covenant. It happened daily, in their synagogues, in the Temple, in the marketplace, in the streets on the road, everywhere Jews were talking about Messiah's coming out of His tomb and this experience of a Holy Spirit impacting their lives. If you and I were Jews living in that time we would be participating in this 'national' discussion. It was a Jewish phenomenon taking place among the Jews, not uncircumcised Gentiles. Not yet at least. Christ was building His covenant Church so why don't we let Him without we Gentiles looking for ways to get in these covenants when in these same covenants there is NO MENTION in the Law, Psalms, and Prophets of God EVER making covenant with Gentiles. If He did, they would be clearly mentioned and there might even be Gentile Scriptures - but He didn't and there aint. Now, tell me, are these things I am saying reasonable? Are these things I am saying a correct and reasonable, as well as Scriptural view of these things that took place with the Jews and the main characters involved? James writes "to the twelve tribes scattered." The book of Hebrew is just that: TO THE HEBREWS. Saul's letters contain Jewish history, Jewish Messiah, Jewish Law, Jewish Psalms, Jewish prophets, Jewish people, Jewish covenants, Jewish culture, Jewish customs, Jewish daily religious life and practice, Jewish thought and mindset all about Jewish life. The gospels are a historical to the Jews so that they may believe this Jesus promised through covenant and prophecies was actually and truly their long-awaited Messiah. Matthew contains the greatest number of references to the Hebrew Scriptures that no uncircumcised Gentile would understand let alone care to even discuss, unless that Gentile was a circumcised proselyte.
Everything is coming to a head. Prophecy is being fulfilled in many places and who is the central subject at hand? It is Israel. When Christ returns His foot is not going to touch down in Washington D.C, or at NATO headquarters in Brussels, or even in Rome. His foot will touch down outside of Jerusalem. And who will God gather against Israel? Hard-core, uncircumcised, non-covenant Gentiles, and personally I believe Gentile Christians will also be against Israel. Saul writes God has blinded Israel's eyes and is USING Gentiles to make His Bride jealous. When this finally sinks into their consciousness and God turns His full attention back to Israel and the Holy Spirit is again dealing with Israel Gentile Christians will feel this effect in their walks and in their prayers and in their relationships with other Christians as Gentile Christians must decrease and Israel MUST increase.
Paul includes gentiles here

Ephesians 2:11–22 (ESV) — 11 Therefore remember that at one time you Gentiles in the flesh, called “the uncircumcision” by what is called the circumcision, which is made in the flesh by hands— 12 remember that you were at that time separated from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. 14 For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility 15 by abolishing the law of commandments expressed in ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace, 16 and might reconcile us both to God in one body through the cross, thereby killing the hostility. 17 And he came and preached peace to you who were far off and peace to those who were near. 18 For through him we both have access in one Spirit to the Father. 19 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, 21 in whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord. 22 In him you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God by the Spirit.

Acts 15:1–21 (ESV) — 1 But some men came down from Judea and were teaching the brothers, “Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved.” 2 And after Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and debate with them, Paul and Barnabas and some of the others were appointed to go up to Jerusalem to the apostles and the elders about this question. 3 So, being sent on their way by the church, they passed through both Phoenicia and Samaria, describing in detail the conversion of the Gentiles, and brought great joy to all the brothers. 4 When they came to Jerusalem, they were welcomed by the church and the apostles and the elders, and they declared all that God had done with them. 5 But some believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees rose up and said, “It is necessary to circumcise them and to order them to keep the law of Moses.” 6 The apostles and the elders were gathered together to consider this matter. 7 And after there had been much debate, Peter stood up and said to them, “Brothers, you know that in the early days God made a choice among you, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe. 8 And God, who knows the heart, bore witness to them, by giving them the Holy Spirit just as he did to us, 9 and he made no distinction between us and them, having cleansed their hearts by faith. 10 Now, therefore, why are you putting God to the test by placing a yoke on the neck of the disciples that neither our fathers nor we have been able to bear? 11 But we believe that we will be saved through the grace of the Lord Jesus, just as they will.” 12 And all the assembly fell silent, and they listened to Barnabas and Paul as they related what signs and wonders God had done through them among the Gentiles. 13 After they finished speaking, James replied, “Brothers, listen to me. 14 Simeon has related how God first visited the Gentiles, to take from them a people for his name. 15 And with this the words of the prophets agree, just as it is written, 16 “ ‘After this I will return, and I will rebuild the tent of David that has fallen; I will rebuild its ruins, and I will restore it, 17 that the remnant of mankind may seek the Lord, and all the Gentiles who are called by my name, says the Lord, who makes these things 18 known from of old.’ 19 Therefore my judgment is that we should not trouble those of the Gentiles who turn to God, 20 but should write to them to abstain from the things polluted by idols, and from sexual immorality, and from what has been strangled, and from blood. 21 For from ancient generations Moses has had in every city those who proclaim him, for he is read every Sabbath in the synagogues.”

Back
Top Bottom