Who Exactly is the Church?

Some of us alive today may never die—what a thrilling prospect! Yet Paul is quite clear that no one knows when this will happen, the day will come suddenly, like a thief, so we cannot know whether we’ll receive our immortal bodies through resurrection after death or through transformation while still here.

BUT AS to the suitable times and the precise seasons and dates, brethren, you have no necessity for anything being written to you.
2 For you yourselves know perfectly well that the day of the [return of the] Lord will come [as unexpectedly and suddenly] as a thief in the night.
1 Thessalonians 5:1–2
Absolutely TRUE - thank you

Please KNOW that the same Apostle who wrote 1 Thessalonians also wrote 2 Thessalonians

1Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits [c]as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

Some of us alive today may never die—what a thrilling prospect! Yet Paul is quite clear that no one knows when this will happen, the day will come suddenly, like a thief, so we cannot know whether we’ll receive our immortal bodies through resurrection after death or through transformation while still here.

BUT AS to the suitable times and the precise seasons and dates, brethren, you have no necessity for anything being written to you.
2 For you yourselves know perfectly well that the day of the [return of the] Lord will come [as unexpectedly and suddenly] as a thief in the night.
1 Thessalonians 5:1–2
Gentile believers will go through the Time of Jacob's Trouble with Israel.

The Tribulation is unnecessary for the church. Referred to as the time of Jacob’s trouble, the Tribulation targets Israel, for through it she will be awakened and at last see Jesus as the Messiah.

29.But if from there you will seek (inquire for and require as necessity) the Lord your God, you will find Him if you [truly] seek Him with all your heart [and mind] and soul and life.
30. When you are in tribulation and all these things come upon you, in the latter days you will turn to the Lord your God and be obedient to His voice.
31. For the Lord your God is a merciful God; He will not fail you or destroy you or forget the covenant of your fathers, which He swore to them.
Deuteronomy 4:29, 30

The promises God made to Abraham and to the Jewish people have not been forgotten, gang. God will work with Israel in the days of the Tribulation. He will make Himself known to them—and they shall indeed be saved.

Whether or not you believe in a pre-Tribulation Rapture will not affect where you’ll ultimately end up. If you’re a believer, you’ll be in heaven no matter what position you hold. But your viewpoint concerning the Rapture very definitely affects how you live your life this side of eternity.

All of us should have the belief that Jesus would return during their lifetime. Some of our Dearly Departed loved ones may say...But He didn’t come back in our day.” And you’re right—but they may be in heaven now, saying, “We didn’t get bogged down in materialism or trivial pursuits. We sought the Lord. We witnessed fervently. We lived for the kingdom.

Hopefully not...If only we knew He wasn’t coming in our lifetime, we could have played more racquetball. No! They’re ecstatic that they chose to do what Jesus says to do in every generation—to watch, to be ready, to live for His coming.

[Surely] I am coming quickly (swiftly, speedily). Amen (so let it be)! Yes, come, Lord Jesus!
Revelation 22:20
😍

i never met a single christian that holds to pre-trib rapture, when shown from scripture that 'pre-trib' rapture is a falsehood, who was not offended.
Sad, But True
by Pastor Paul M. Sadler

Scripture Reading:

“Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.” — I Corinthians 10:12

Heard a story told by a Grace Believer who met another Grace Believer in the middle of the Golden Gate Bridge:

“I was standing in the middle of the Golden Gate Bridge admiring the view when another tourist walked up alongside of me to do the same. I heard him say quietly, as he took in the beauty of the view, ‘What an awesome God.’

“I turned to him and said, ‘You a Christian?’

“He said, ‘Yes, I am a Christian.’

“I said, ‘So am I,’ and we shook hands. I said, ‘Are you a liberal or a fundamental Christian?’

“He said, ‘I am a fundamental Christian.’

“I said, ‘So am I,’ and we smiled and nodded to each other.” I said, ‘Are you a Covenant or dispensational, fundamental Christian?’

“He said, ‘I am a dispensational, fundamental Christian.’

“I said, ‘So am I,’ and we slapped one another on the back.” I said, ‘Are you an early Acts, mid-Acts or late Acts, dispensational, fundamental Christian?’

“He said ‘I am a mid-Acts, dispensational, fundamental Christian.’

“I said, ‘So am I’ and we agreed to exchange Christmas cards each year. I said, ‘Are you an Acts 9 or 13, mid-Acts, dispensational, fundamental Christian?’

“He said, ‘I am an Acts 9, mid-Acts, dispensational, fundamental Christian.’

“I said, ‘So am I’ and we hugged one another right there on the bridge. I said, ‘Are you a pre-trib, or post-trib, Acts 9, mid-Acts, dispensational, fundamental Christian?’

“He said, ‘I am a pre-trib, Acts 9, mid-Acts, dispensational, fundamental Christian.’

“I said, ‘So am I,’ and we decided to exchange kids for the summer.”I said, ‘Are you a 12 in or 12 out, pre-trib, Acts 9, mid-Acts, dispensational, fundamental Christian?’

“He said, ‘I am a 12 in, pre-trib, Acts 9, mid-Acts, dispensational, fundamental Christian.'”I said, ‘You heretic, and I pushed him off the bridge!'” — Author Unknown

The above is sad but all too true, with the exception of being pushed off a bridge, although some may have even considered that! Of course, the shoe could have been on the other foot; that is, the weary traveler might have held the 12 out position — heaven forbid! The point is, no matter how deeply our convictions may run on secondary issues, they should never disrupt our fellowship together. Issues such as: Are the 12 in or out of the Body of Christ? Was Paul the author of Hebrews? Should we observe holidays? Was Paul in or out of the will of God in Acts 21? Where did the Church begin — Acts 9, 11, or 13? And on and on we could go.

Our Fellowship in Christ must rest solely on the Fundamentals of the Faith and the Doctrines of Grace found in Ephesians 4:4-6. There is no room for further discussion on these matters. On other areas of the Word of God where we may find ourselves in disagreement, let us “agree to disagree” in a Christ-like manner. This will help maintain the unity of the Spirit among us and glorify God in the process.

May we came to unity-in faith.

Whether or not you believe in a pre-Tribulation Rapture will not affect where you’ll ultimately end up. If you’re a believer, you’ll be in heaven no matter what position you hold. But your viewpoint concerning the Rapture very definitely affects how you live your life this side of eternity.

All of us should have the belief that Jesus would return during their lifetime. Some of our Dearly Departed loved ones may say...But He didn’t come back in our day.” And you’re right—but they may be in heaven now, saying, “We didn’t get bogged down in materialism or trivial pursuits. We sought the Lord. We witnessed fervently. We lived for the kingdom.

Hopefully not...If only we knew He wasn’t coming in our lifetime, we could have played more racquetball. No! They’re ecstatic that they chose to do what Jesus says to do in every generation—to watch, to be ready, to live for His coming.

[Surely] I am coming quickly (swiftly, speedily). Amen (so let it be)! Yes, come, Lord Jesus!
Revelation 22:20
😍

The Tribulation is unnecessary for the church. Referred to as the time of Jacob’s trouble, the Tribulation targets Israel, for through it she will be awakened and at last see Jesus as the Messiah.

29.But if from there you will seek (inquire for and require as necessity) the Lord your God, you will find Him if you [truly] seek Him with all your heart [and mind] and soul and life.
30. When you are in tribulation and all these things come upon you, in the latter days you will turn to the Lord your God and be obedient to His voice.
31. For the Lord your God is a merciful God; He will not fail you or destroy you or forget the covenant of your fathers, which He swore to them.
Deuteronomy 4:29, 30

The promises God made to Abraham and to the Jewish people have not been forgotten, gang. God will work with Israel in the days of the Tribulation. He will make Himself known to them—and they shall indeed be saved.
100% True = Deut 4:29-30

100% TRUE = "Israel, for through it she will be awakened and at last see Jesus as the Messiah."

The Day of Jacob's Trouble main target is Jerusalem/the Jewish people AND Christians.

Tribulation is inevitable for true Christians = John 15:8 , 16:33 , Matt ch24 , 1 Thess ch3 , 2 Thess ch1 , 1 Peter 4:12 , Revelation

Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”

4And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. 5For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. 6And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. 8All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9“Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. 10And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13But he who endures to the end shall be saved.
14And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

The Day of Jacob's Trouble main target is Jerusalem/the Jewish people AND Christians.
“I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully.” – 1 Timothy 5:14
Setting aside the issue of gender roles for the moment, Paul clearly states that marriage and children are good things for young women to do.

Clearly there is a different context. This proves the need to rightly divide prophecy from mystery information. During this dispensation of God’s grace revealed to Paul (Eph 3:1-2), we are not living in the prophetic time of tribulation. God’s wrath is not the word, but God’s grace and peace offered to the world through Christ.

Consequently, it is not a woeful thing to have children today.

If Christians really believed we were living in the last days of Matthew 24, then why don’t they follow the Lord’s warning about having children?

Why don’t they shut down the family ministries! While they give lip service to Matthew 24, their choices betray their beliefs and force them to follow Christ’s instructions to Paul.

Christ will return to the earth, and that after he returns in the air for his church, but Matthew 24 is not written about us. Instead it is written about Israel going into the time of great tribulation.

The great mystery of Christ and the church, the Body of Christ, had not yet been revealed. The audience of Israel in Matthew 24 is different than the audience of the church in 1 Timothy 5.

We are living in a time that was not prophesied, it is a time of mystery ‘kept secret since the world began’ (Romans 16:25). Separating prophecy from mystery will change the way you view the Lord’s instructions … and possibly the size of your family.

“For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning
of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.”
~ Matthew 24:21

1. Introduction
a. End times study concerns when Christ returns and how Prophecy will be fulfilled
b. The next thing that will happen is God’s removal of the church from the earth
c. The Lord’s coming for the church can happen at any moment (imminent)
d. The Lord’s coming to conquer and reign in Israel is preceded by many signs/events
e. In bad times, people fear we are in prophetic tribulation with signs everywhere
2. What is it?
a. It is not general trouble/suffering – 2 Co 1:4, Rom 5:3, Phi 1:29, 1Thes 3:2-5
b. It is a time of the righteous judgment from God – 2 Thess 1:4-7
c. “Day of the Lord” –Isa 2:12,13:6-9,Jer 46:10,Joel 1:15, 2:11,Am 5:18, Zp 1:14-15
d. “Great Tribulation” unlike any other – Matt 24:21, Daniel 12:1
e. “Jacob’s trouble” – none other day like it, but Israel shall be saved - Jer 30:7
f. What kinds of things? 25% of the earth dead by war, hunger, disease, wild beasts
g. Great earthquakes, worldwide lightning, angels, devils, poison water, serpents
h. When will these things be? – Matt 24:3, 15
3. Daniel’s 70th Week
a. “Seventy weeks are determined…to seal up prophecy” – Daniel 9:24, Rev 10:7
b. The time of the coming Messia, and his being cut off - Dan 9:25
c. The destruction of the city & temple, and the prince that shall come - Dan 9:26
d. “Confirm the covenant with many for one week” – the 70th week – Dan 9:27
e. The 70th week of Daniel’s prophecy includes the great tribulation
4. The Purpose of the Tribulation
a. The great controversy of Zion – Deu 25:1, Is 34:8, Jer 25:31, Hos 12:2
b. “Times of the Gentiles” – Luke 21:24, Jer 30:3, 8-11, 16-24
c. To conquer the Gentile nations –Zech 14:1, 14:8-9 (Rev 22:1-2)
d. Preparing Israel for restoration – Isa 4, 61:2-4; Mal 3:2-3; Zech 12:9-10
i. Peter preached repent for the trouble was coming - Acts 2:17-20, 3:19-21
e. No mention of the church is ever found in tribulation passages
f. The tribulation is a part of future Prophecy that does not concern the church.

Shalom brother.
J.

“I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully.” – 1 Timothy 5:14
Setting aside the issue of gender roles for the moment, Paul clearly states that marriage and children are good things for young women to do.

Clearly there is a different context. This proves the need to rightly divide prophecy from mystery information. During this dispensation of God’s grace revealed to Paul (Eph 3:1-2), we are not living in the prophetic time of tribulation. God’s wrath is not the word, but God’s grace and peace offered to the world through Christ.

Consequently, it is not a woeful thing to have children today.

If Christians really believed we were living in the last days of Matthew 24, then why don’t they follow the Lord’s warning about having children?

Why don’t they shut down the family ministries! While they give lip service to Matthew 24, their choices betray their beliefs and force them to follow Christ’s instructions to Paul.

Christ will return to the earth, and that after he returns in the air for his church, but Matthew 24 is not written about us. Instead it is written about Israel going into the time of great tribulation.

The great mystery of Christ and the church, the Body of Christ, had not yet been revealed. The audience of Israel in Matthew 24 is different than the audience of the church in 1 Timothy 5.

We are living in a time that was not prophesied, it is a time of mystery ‘kept secret since the world began’ (Romans 16:25). Separating prophecy from mystery will change the way you view the Lord’s instructions … and possibly the size of your family.

“For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning
of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.”
~ Matthew 24:21

1. Introduction
a. End times study concerns when Christ returns and how Prophecy will be fulfilled
b. The next thing that will happen is God’s removal of the church from the earth
c. The Lord’s coming for the church can happen at any moment (imminent)
d. The Lord’s coming to conquer and reign in Israel is preceded by many signs/events
e. In bad times, people fear we are in prophetic tribulation with signs everywhere
2. What is it?
a. It is not general trouble/suffering – 2 Co 1:4, Rom 5:3, Phi 1:29, 1Thes 3:2-5
b. It is a time of the righteous judgment from God – 2 Thess 1:4-7
c. “Day of the Lord” –Isa 2:12,13:6-9,Jer 46:10,Joel 1:15, 2:11,Am 5:18, Zp 1:14-15
d. “Great Tribulation” unlike any other – Matt 24:21, Daniel 12:1
e. “Jacob’s trouble” – none other day like it, but Israel shall be saved - Jer 30:7
f. What kinds of things? 25% of the earth dead by war, hunger, disease, wild beasts
g. Great earthquakes, worldwide lightning, angels, devils, poison water, serpents
h. When will these things be? – Matt 24:3, 15
3. Daniel’s 70th Week
a. “Seventy weeks are determined…to seal up prophecy” – Daniel 9:24, Rev 10:7
b. The time of the coming Messia, and his being cut off - Dan 9:25
c. The destruction of the city & temple, and the prince that shall come - Dan 9:26
d. “Confirm the covenant with many for one week” – the 70th week – Dan 9:27
e. The 70th week of Daniel’s prophecy includes the great tribulation
4. The Purpose of the Tribulation
a. The great controversy of Zion – Deu 25:1, Is 34:8, Jer 25:31, Hos 12:2
b. “Times of the Gentiles” – Luke 21:24, Jer 30:3, 8-11, 16-24
c. To conquer the Gentile nations –Zech 14:1, 14:8-9 (Rev 22:1-2)
d. Preparing Israel for restoration – Isa 4, 61:2-4; Mal 3:2-3; Zech 12:9-10
i. Peter preached repent for the trouble was coming - Acts 2:17-20, 3:19-21
e. No mention of the church is ever found in tribulation passages
f. The tribulation is a part of future Prophecy that does not concern the church.

Shalom brother.
J.

There are THREE groupings in Matthew ch24

These THREE groups cover ALL of the inhabitants of the world.

Group A: Christ and His Bride the Church - Matthew 24:1-51

Group B: His Church and the Nations - Matthew 24:14

Group C: The Jewish People and the Nations - Matthew 24:15-20

You Brother @Johann are in one of these Three Groups = Which Group have you been placed in by the Father?

AMEN to our Shalom together in Messiah

There are THREE groupings in Matthew ch24
Brother-where is the ekklesia in Matthew 24?

THE BRIDE IN PROPHECY
Who is the Bride of the Lamb? Thankfully, we do not have to rely upon our own human reasoning for an answer to this perplexing question. The Scriptures are explicitly clear that the “Bride” is Israel. When John the Baptist was asked why all men sought the Master and his ministry was fading in glory, he responded: “He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom’s voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled. He must increase, but I must decrease” (John 3:29,30).

Working in reverse order, clearly the “friend of the bridegroom” is John the Baptist. John says that it was cause for rejoicing upon hearing the voice of the bridegroom. “…this my [John the Baptist’s] joy therefore is fulfilled.” The “bridegroom” is none other than Christ Himself. In the previous verse John stated that he was “…not the Christ, but that I am sent before Him” (vs. 28). He then confirms this by applying the illustration of the bridegroom. John was merely the forerunner to prepare the way for the Messiah. Hence, “He [Christ] must increase, but I [John] must decrease” (vs. 30).

Bearing in mind that the gospel according to John is a record of the earthly ministry of Christ, the “bride” is obviously Israel.

John the Baptist plainly declares in this record: “And I knew Him not: but that He should be made manifest to ISRAEL, therefore am I come baptizing with water” (John 1:31). Did not our Lord instruct His disciples to “Go not into the way of the Gentiles….But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of ISRAEL”? (Matt. 10:5,6).

Did not our Lord say concerning Himself at that time: “I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of ISRAEL”? (Matt. 15:24).

Moving farther along in the gospel according to Matthew, we have the parable of the ten virgins (Matt. 25:1-13).

Here we learn that only believing Israel will participate in the actual marriage of the Lamb. You will recall that there were five wise virgins and five foolish. When the bridegroom delayed his coming the lamps of the unwise virgins ran out of oil as they slumbered. Therefore, the five foolish virgins, representative of the unsaved, were unprepared when the midnight cry came “Behold, the bridegroom cometh!” While they went to purchase oil, the Bridegroom came “…and they [five saved virgins] that were ready went in with him to the marriage” (vs. 10). In addition, this portion teaches us that the marriage will take place when our Lord returns in His glory at the close of the Great Tribulation (vs. 13).

The above is confirmed by the Apostle John in the Book of Revelation.

“Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honor to Him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and His wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints” (Rev. 19:7,8).

Here in the context of the Second Coming of Christ, believing Israel is said to make herself ready. This is in keeping with the Prophetic program insofar as the kingdom saints did not have the assurance of their salvation. Consequently, they were instructed to overcome, seek and ye shall find, endure to the end, etc. (Matt. 6:33; 24:13; I John 4,5).

Surely, this cannot be said of the Church, the Body of Christ. We are not only eternally secure, we have the assurance of it. As members of His Body we are accepted in the Beloved and therefore complete in Him (Eph. 1:6; Col. 2:10).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Church, the Body of Christ
For us in this dispensation, when we trust in the gospel and are saved, we are placed into the body of Christ, which is the church (1 Cor 12:13, Col 1:24).

“Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.” – 1 Cor 12:27
Within this congregation of saints, Jesus Christ is the head and we are subject to him (Eph 5:23-32). We, who are saved, are each members of the congregation of the saints, the church, the Body of Christ.

You are the church
Members of the church, the Body of Christ, have a special standing distinct from the other churches. We do not go to a temple to worship God because we are the temple. Paul says,

“Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?” – 1 Cor 3:16
Paul exhorts the Ephesian elders to “feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood” (Acts 20:28).

The Bible says that he purchased YOU with a price, and that YOU are the temple of the Holy Ghost (1 Cor 6:19-20). Therefore, the church of God today is found in YOU! Wherever you are, the church is. That is why we are to glorify God in our body because God dwells in us, and so within us there is a ‘church service’ happening 24 hours a day! (Col 1:25, 1 Cor 3:16, Eph 3:17)

Blessings
Johann

Last edited:
The BRIDE OF CHRIST
AN ANALYSIS OF OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH CHRIST
“For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy
Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

- Isaiah 54:5
1. A Widely Accepted Doctrine

a. The marriage supper of the Lamb - Revelation 19:6-11, Rev 21:2

b. “Bride of Christ” – the phrase is not in the Bible, but the idea is there.

c. Most every denomination and church makes itself the bride of Christ.

d. Consequences: 1) “married to Jesus” 2) usurps covenant promises 3) diminishes our
position

e. Agreement with the (Old Landmark) Baptist Briders: I’m not the Bride, but neither are
they.

2. A Dispensational Problem

a. It results from a failure to rightly divide: covenant / cross, Israel / you, prophecy /
mystery

b. They think Revelation describes us in the headlines – Gal 2:9, Rev 1:6

c. Matt-John are missing the mystery of Christ and the gospel! John 3:29, 4:22, 5:29

3. Marriage as a Metaphor

a. Created things are used to describe God and our relationship with him (tree, dove, fire)

b. I am not a woman, God is not my boyfriend, or husband substitute (nuns)

c. Marriage = the act of uniting a man and a woman; legal and spiritual contract
d. The first marriage in Gen 2:23-25

4. God’s Marriage to Israel

a. God made a covenant and a promise to Israel – Gen 22:16, Exo 19:5-6, Eze 16:8, 15, 32,

b. God married himself to Israel with the covenants – Jer 2:2-5, 31:31-32

c. Israel was unfaithful to the covenant and God divorced – Jer 3:8-14, 20-22

d. A promise of restoration after the divorce – Hos 1:9, 2:2, 5-8, 11-12, 18-23

e. No rest until Jerusalem is established over all the earth - Isaiah 62:4, 7, 11

f. God is faithful to keep his covenant with Israel - Isa 54:4-10, 12-14

g. The re-marriage is complete in the kingdom come: the bride is the city – Rev 21:2, 9-21

h. Jesus came preaching the coming kingdom: be ready, prepare… Mat 9:15, Mat 25:1-10

5. Our Position as Members of his Body

a. First, we had no covenants (no marriage, espousal, divorce) given to us – Eph 2:12

b. God was not obligated to us for a city or earthly dominion, but now there is a mystery…

c. The mystery is about Christ and the church being made one - Eph 5:30-32

d. The “one body” is a dispensation of grace doctrine – Eph 2:15-16, 3:6, 4:4-6

e. We are made one by the cross not a covenant, we are dead to the law – Rom 6:3-4, 7:4

f. We are not a bride waiting for marriage, but members of his own body by the cross

g. Israel is waiting for their promise fulfillment, we have a present possession

Brother-where is the ekklesia in Matthew 24?

THE BRIDE IN PROPHECY
Who is the Bride of the Lamb? Thankfully, we do not have to rely upon our own human reasoning for an answer to this perplexing question. The Scriptures are explicitly clear that the “Bride” is Israel. When John the Baptist was asked why all men sought the Master and his ministry was fading in glory, he responded: “He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom’s voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled. He must increase, but I must decrease” (John 3:29,30).

Working in reverse order, clearly the “friend of the bridegroom” is John the Baptist. John says that it was cause for rejoicing upon hearing the voice of the bridegroom. “…this my [John the Baptist’s] joy therefore is fulfilled.” The “bridegroom” is none other than Christ Himself. In the previous verse John stated that he was “…not the Christ, but that I am sent before Him” (vs. 28). He then confirms this by applying the illustration of the bridegroom. John was merely the forerunner to prepare the way for the Messiah. Hence, “He [Christ] must increase, but I [John] must decrease” (vs. 30).

Bearing in mind that the gospel according to John is a record of the earthly ministry of Christ, the “bride” is obviously Israel.

John the Baptist plainly declares in this record: “And I knew Him not: but that He should be made manifest to ISRAEL, therefore am I come baptizing with water” (John 1:31). Did not our Lord instruct His disciples to “Go not into the way of the Gentiles….But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of ISRAEL”? (Matt. 10:5,6).

Did not our Lord say concerning Himself at that time: “I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of ISRAEL”? (Matt. 15:24).

Moving farther along in the gospel according to Matthew, we have the parable of the ten virgins (Matt. 25:1-13).

Here we learn that only believing Israel will participate in the actual marriage of the Lamb. You will recall that there were five wise virgins and five foolish. When the bridegroom delayed his coming the lamps of the unwise virgins ran out of oil as they slumbered. Therefore, the five foolish virgins, representative of the unsaved, were unprepared when the midnight cry came “Behold, the bridegroom cometh!” While they went to purchase oil, the Bridegroom came “…and they [five saved virgins] that were ready went in with him to the marriage” (vs. 10). In addition, this portion teaches us that the marriage will take place when our Lord returns in His glory at the close of the Great Tribulation (vs. 13).

The above is confirmed by the Apostle John in the Book of Revelation.

“Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honor to Him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and His wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints” (Rev. 19:7,8).

Here in the context of the Second Coming of Christ, believing Israel is said to make herself ready. This is in keeping with the Prophetic program insofar as the kingdom saints did not have the assurance of their salvation. Consequently, they were instructed to overcome, seek and ye shall find, endure to the end, etc. (Matt. 6:33; 24:13; I John 4,5).

Surely, this cannot be said of the Church, the Body of Christ. We are not only eternally secure, we have the assurance of it. As members of His Body we are accepted in the Beloved and therefore complete in Him (Eph. 1:6; Col. 2:10).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Church, the Body of Christ
For us in this dispensation, when we trust in the gospel and are saved, we are placed into the body of Christ, which is the church (1 Cor 12:13, Col 1:24).

“Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.” – 1 Cor 12:27
Within this congregation of saints, Jesus Christ is the head and we are subject to him (Eph 5:23-32). We, who are saved, are each members of the congregation of the saints, the church, the Body of Christ.

You are the church
Members of the church, the Body of Christ, have a special standing distinct from the other churches. We do not go to a temple to worship God because we are the temple. Paul says,

“Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?” – 1 Cor 3:16
Paul exhorts the Ephesian elders to “feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood” (Acts 20:28).

The Bible says that he purchased YOU with a price, and that YOU are the temple of the Holy Ghost (1 Cor 6:19-20). Therefore, the church of God today is found in YOU! Wherever you are, the church is. That is why we are to glorify God in our body because God dwells in us, and so within us there is a ‘church service’ happening 24 hours a day! (Col 1:25, 1 Cor 3:16, Eph 3:17)

Blessings
Johann

The ANSWER is right in front of you and you even spoke it

@Johann says THE BRIDE IN PROPHECY

The Bride is EXACTLY who was with JESUS when John said "He who has the Bride" = His the Disciples

The ANSWER is right in front of you and you even spoke it
In Revelation 19:7 to 9 we read these words: “Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb is, come, and His wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white; for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. And He with unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And He saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.” The following footnote appears in the Scofield Reference Bible, explaining these verses in Revelation

“The Lamb’s wife” here is the “bride” (Rev. 21:9), the church, identified with the “heavenly Jerusalem” (Hebrews 12:22, 23) and to be distinguished from Israel, the adulterous and repudiated “wife” of Jehovah yet to be restored (Isaiah 54:1 to 10; Hosea 2:1 to 17), who is identified with the earth (Hosea 2:23). A forgiven and restored wife could not be called either a virgin (II Corinthians. 11:2, 3), or a bride.

In connection with the verses in Revelation 19:7 to 9, we should read Revelation 21:9 and 10 and 12: “And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb’s wife. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God. And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which arc the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel.”

Dr. Scofield’s explanatory note gives us the “Plymouth Brethren” interpretation of these verses and their teaching; that the Church, which is the Body of Christ is also to be the Bride of Christ. This is what might be called the general teaching among Premillennial Fundamentalists. A few of these brethren teach that the overcomers among the members of the Body will be the Bride. All of these Premillenarians, who are sure that the Body of Christ in Ephesians is also the Bride of Christ, strenuously object to calling the “Body” Church, “Israel.” However, they see no difference between the Church of “Acts 2” Pentecost and the Body of Ephesians.

There are other Premillenarians, equally as fundamental, who think that this “Plymouth Brethren” interpretation of Scripture will not stand the Berean test. They think it is inconsistent to object to the Church being Israelitish and at the same time locate the Lamb and His wife in a city that is quite Israelitish in description.

That city, according to Revelation 21:9 to 14, is to have the names of the Twelve Tribes of Israel written on the gates, or walls and the names of the Twelve Apostles on the foundations. Abraham was not in the Body of Ephesians, but he looked for such a city. The twelve apostles were ministers unto Israel, with the word which God sent to Israel; and they are to sit on twelve thrones and judge the twelve tribes of Israel. Galatians 2:9; Matthew 19:28.

Moreover, according to the Greek word in Revelation 19:8, the fine linen of the wife, who hath made herself ready, is “dikaioma” which means “equitable deeds.” This seems to contradict the grace message of Ephesians, in which Epistle the Body of Christ is likened unto a “wife.” Ephesians 5:31 and 32. But the members there have not made themselves ready by righteous acts to become the Bride of Christ.

Some teach that Israel will be the restored wife of Jehovah and the Body of Christ will be the Bride of Christ, the Bridegroom. This is supported by the fact that Eve was part of Adam’s body and also his wife. They also use the Song of Solomon to support their teaching. Also by certain marriages they seek to prove by type, such as Isaac and Rebecca, Joseph and Asenath, Moses and his wife.

There are some who teach that the Church of the “Acts” period will be the Bride of Christ, because the blessings of that Church were on Israelitish grounds. Romans 11:17 to 24. Those members were the seed of Abraham and the Israel of God. Others teach that the Bride will be another remnant of Israel.

It is generally taught that the Jehovah of the Old Testament is the Christ of the New. Then the question: Can Jehovah have two wives, if Israel and the Church are separate and distinct?

For your prayerful study and decision we give the Scriptures. Be a Berean

by Pastor J. C. O'Hair

Chen and Lech l'shalom Achi.

Absolutely TRUE - thank you

Please KNOW that the same Apostle who wrote 1 Thessalonians also wrote 2 Thessalonians

1Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits [c]as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

I'd like to deal with the aspect of "suddenly"...

For those watching, would it be sudden?

In Revelation 19:7 to 9 we read these words: “Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb is, come, and His wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white; for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. And He with unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And He saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.” The following footnote appears in the Scofield Reference Bible, explaining these verses in Revelation

“The Lamb’s wife” here is the “bride” (Rev. 21:9), the church, identified with the “heavenly Jerusalem” (Hebrews 12:22, 23) and to be distinguished from Israel, the adulterous and repudiated “wife” of Jehovah yet to be restored (Isaiah 54:1 to 10; Hosea 2:1 to 17), who is identified with the earth (Hosea 2:23). A forgiven and restored wife could not be called either a virgin (II Corinthians. 11:2, 3), or a bride.

In connection with the verses in Revelation 19:7 to 9, we should read Revelation 21:9 and 10 and 12: “And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb’s wife. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God. And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which arc the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel.”

Dr. Scofield’s explanatory note gives us the “Plymouth Brethren” interpretation of these verses and their teaching; that the Church, which is the Body of Christ is also to be the Bride of Christ. This is what might be called the general teaching among Premillennial Fundamentalists. A few of these brethren teach that the overcomers among the members of the Body will be the Bride. All of these Premillenarians, who are sure that the Body of Christ in Ephesians is also the Bride of Christ, strenuously object to calling the “Body” Church, “Israel.” However, they see no difference between the Church of “Acts 2” Pentecost and the Body of Ephesians.

There are other Premillenarians, equally as fundamental, who think that this “Plymouth Brethren” interpretation of Scripture will not stand the Berean test. They think it is inconsistent to object to the Church being Israelitish and at the same time locate the Lamb and His wife in a city that is quite Israelitish in description.

That city, according to Revelation 21:9 to 14, is to have the names of the Twelve Tribes of Israel written on the gates, or walls and the names of the Twelve Apostles on the foundations. Abraham was not in the Body of Ephesians, but he looked for such a city. The twelve apostles were ministers unto Israel, with the word which God sent to Israel; and they are to sit on twelve thrones and judge the twelve tribes of Israel. Galatians 2:9; Matthew 19:28.

Moreover, according to the Greek word in Revelation 19:8, the fine linen of the wife, who hath made herself ready, is “dikaioma” which means “equitable deeds.” This seems to contradict the grace message of Ephesians, in which Epistle the Body of Christ is likened unto a “wife.” Ephesians 5:31 and 32. But the members there have not made themselves ready by righteous acts to become the Bride of Christ.

Some teach that Israel will be the restored wife of Jehovah and the Body of Christ will be the Bride of Christ, the Bridegroom. This is supported by the fact that Eve was part of Adam’s body and also his wife. They also use the Song of Solomon to support their teaching. Also by certain marriages they seek to prove by type, such as Isaac and Rebecca, Joseph and Asenath, Moses and his wife.

There are some who teach that the Church of the “Acts” period will be the Bride of Christ, because the blessings of that Church were on Israelitish grounds. Romans 11:17 to 24. Those members were the seed of Abraham and the Israel of God. Others teach that the Bride will be another remnant of Israel.

It is generally taught that the Jehovah of the Old Testament is the Christ of the New. Then the question: Can Jehovah have two wives, if Israel and the Church are separate and distinct?

For your prayerful study and decision we give the Scriptures. Be a Berean

by Pastor J. C. O'Hair

Chen and Lech l'shalom Achi.

The Bride has existed long before Israel was ever established.

Jerusalem is a conjured city. It does not have its origins in Israel. Christ was in the priestly order of the King of Salem, a gentile city. The King of Kings and Lord of Lords is a reference to all earthly earthly kingdoms not an appeal to the throne of David.

Jesus Christ is both heir of Abraham, David, and all the kingdoms of the earth.

I'd like to deal with the aspect of "suddenly"...

For those watching, would it be sudden?
i like your question

IMO - Those of watching are expecting like a woman in travail = which pertains to both this world and us as believers.

The closer the birth pains, the closer we are to His Coming = 1 Thess 5:1-10 and John 16:19-22

But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night.
For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman.
And they shall not escape. But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief.
You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober. For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk are drunk at night. But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation. For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.

TODAY, we hear His Voice and TODAY we are eagerly looking forward to His Return but we KNOW that more Prophecy must be fulfilled BEFORE His Second Coming.

i would say that the exact Day & Hour will come suddenly AND we will be here Ready-2-GO.

Back
Top Bottom