Veneration of Mary

Pentecostal “ bind and loose” - don’t make me laugh.
Pentecostals are so divided they cant Define Pentecostalism without argument Or schism, a feature of early Pentecostals!
It is an umbrella for varied doctrinal beliefs, with no coordinated catechism and some still believe in modalism which was a heresy outed by the true church in the first century, which crept back when all were empowered by sola scriptura to decide doctrine for themselves!

For sure all churches bring something valuable
. Many can even learn from Mormonism about the sense of Christian community.
For Pentecostals, the Charismatic Movement geberally has brought an energy into the church.

But to bind and loose is a charism of the succession appointed by Jesus and handed down and only for them
So claiming it and having it are two different things,
Johnny come latelies like pentecostalism cannot trace their succession back To the apostles.

And as for Mary sinning , it Is an insult to kechairotomene , perfected in grace and the new eve.
,it is false exegesis , Most of the reformers even disagree with you! Let alone the early and true church, but most of all - those given the power to bind and loose by Jesus disagree.
Ever heard the song-"Mary did you know?"

Mary, did you know that your baby boy
Would one day walk on water?
Would save our sons and daughters?
Did you know that your baby boy
Has come to make you new?
This child that you delivered, will soon deliver you
Will give sight to a blind man?
Will calm the storm with his hand?
Has walked where angels trod?
When you kiss your little baby
You kiss the face of God
Mary, did you know?
Mary, did you know?
Mary, did you know? Did you know?
Mary, did you know? Mary, did you know?
The blind will see, the deaf will hear
The dead will live again
The lame will leap, the dumb will speak
The praises of the Lamb
Is Lord of all creation?
Would one day rule the nations?
Is heaven's perfect Lamb?
That sleeping child you're holding is the great, I Am
Mary, did you know? (Mary, did you know?)

J.

Excellent, as [ Satan's method of ] denying God's Word is an insult to Him, eh?:

"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one" (Romans 3:10)​
"there is none that doeth good, no, not one." (Psalm 53:3c)​
"For ALL Have SINNED, and come short of The Glory Of God" (Romans 3:23)​
True words from her own mouth:

"And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour" (Luke 1:47)​
Why would the sinless need A Saviour?

Amen.

We ALL Definitely need The Saviour Who Gives:
... ↓ ...... ↓ ...... ↓ ............. ↓
hmm we sin yes we have a advocate . but the sinner we use to be is now a changed person i am a new creation in Christ old things passed away all things be come new. we are justified just as if we had never sinned. sanctified to be made holy. for being a grace ambassador you sure dont think much of grace Romans 5:20

Ever heard the song-"Mary did you know?"

Would one day walk on water?
Would save our sons and daughters?
Has come to make you new?
This child that you delivered, will soon deliver you
Will give sight to a blind man?
Will calm the storm with his hand?
Has walked where angels trod?
When you kiss your little baby
You kiss the face of God
Mary, did you know?
Mary, did you know?
Mary, did you know? Did you know?
The blind will see, the deaf will hear
The dead will live again
The lame will leap, the dumb will speak
The praises of the Lamb
Is Lord of all creation?
Would one day rule the nations?
Is heaven's perfect Lamb?
That sleeping child you're holding is the great, I Am

J.
my favorite song

Latria. Hyperdulia. Look them up.
So when you ask others to “ pray for you” , that makes them God in your opinion?
If you don't mind if I but in...

If I ask someone to pray for me, I'm asking them to pray to God for me.

Confess to one another therefore your faults (your slips, your false steps, your offenses, your sins) and pray [also] for one another, that you may be healed and restored [to a spiritual tone of mind and heart]. The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working].
James 5:16.

The main reason why protestant groups cannot flow back into the ancient traditions is because of the veneration of Mary.

A lot of theologies started replacing the roles attributed to Mary by the ancient church based on what is actually in scripture.

For example:

The bride of Christ is the Church, not Mary.

A fourth person is not required to explain how male and female were made in the image of God, since the feminine archetype originates from the masculine Holy Spirit.

Jesus is the centre of the gospel message, not Mary.

Jesus is full of grace, not Mary.

Because of these obvious observations that pop out suddenly during bible reading, it is difficult to see anything true about the ancient view of Mary. It sounds like a fish story, that some old men made more and more grandiose by doubling down for centuries, yelling at anyone who disagreed.

So no wonder there is disillusionment to the catholic mythology, it intentionally creates a misconception, then denies saying it.

It has become "whatever."
Personal theory: Diana/Artemis was a popular "Goddess" in Pagan Rome, and when Christianity became politically acceptable, the Roman religious system probably felt that re-purposing DIANA to be the "Blessed virgin" would be a good political move to make Christianity more palatable to the pagan populace, along with OTHER popular Pagan doctrines. And so the Roman Catholic "Mary thing" has grown constantly in significance, accruing phony titles and powers until she's close to being the usurping co-redemptrix and as (if not more) religiously important as Jesus Himself to Roman Catholic "Faithful".

Excellent, as [ Satan's method of ] denying God's Word is an insult to Him, eh?:

"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one" (Romans 3:10)​
"there is none that doeth good, no, not one." (Psalm 53:3c)​
"For ALL Have SINNED, and come short of The Glory Of God" (Romans 3:23)​
True words from her own mouth:

"And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour" (Luke 1:47)​
Why would the sinless need A Saviour?

Amen.

We ALL Definitely need The Saviour Who Gives:
... ↓ ...... ↓ ...... ↓ ............. ↓
It is sad you know neither scripture, nor The Lords prayer, and you dispute the power of grace or God even.

You disregard those sent to teach you, given the power to discern truth.

But boy, you do love your one line proof texts born of the falsehood of the sola scriptura which do not mean what you think they mean

Its the reason NONE of you protestants agree with each other on critical matters of doctrine.
Have you ever even considered that your failure to adopt the faith handed down ( traditon) and authority which are what the Bible says you Should listen to) have led you down a rabbit hole?
The same rabbit hole, that means the reformers could not agree with each other , and their descendants don’t agree with them
You now have tens of thousands of mutually exclusive belief sets,
Proof your proof texting and sola scriptura never did work,

Meanwhile, in the world of true doctrine , i will give you a BASIC lesson in TRUE christianity,

There are two ways to save someone from the consequences of falling into a pit.
1/ to get them out, after they fell in.
2/ to stop them falling in in the first place!!
In both cases they need a saviour.

Every day a REAL Christian prays the Lord’s Prayer.

But you have seemingly you have NEVERread it!!
if you did you would note - You pray for gods grace ,NOT to fall into temptation, and be delivered from evil.
so not to fall into the pit.
Are you saying God cannot deliver on the Lord’s Prayer?
So You have a very low view of God.

We are told Mary was special . Kecharetomene : COMPLETED in grace . Full to the max. The lord was with her, have you read that bit?
So if you doubt that she was spared temptation, you doubt the power of God or his grace.!!
So she had a saviour that stopped her falling in, in the first place by being full of grace.

That is not surprising : in the Theology of the new eve God set enmity between “ the woman ( Mary) and her seed ( Jesus)”
from the serpent and the old eve and her seed ( fallen man) that sins.
Scripture prophesied the seed of the woman in obedience , would save the consequence of eves disobedience.
Mary the ark of the new covenant, seenin the last verse of revelations 11.

Romans 3 PROVABLY doesn’t mean what you think it does.
For example Jesus was a true man. He wasn’t a sinner (
or maybe he was in your non Christian cult)
because thats the consequence of your FALSE understanding of your own “proof” text.

But then, A baby and the young are free of actual sin, until first tempted and sinning. so they violate YOUR MISUNDERSTANDING of romans 3 too.

So the question is whether They fall into the pit…(as most of us do. It is true,)

So you clearly don’t think Gods grace , or the Lord’s Prayer is worth anything
if being filled with Gods grace is not enough to spare you!

It is an UTTER DISGRACE how you latter day protestants demean gods most perfect human in mary.

And the lord is offended by you, He said so at Fatima. Rightly so .

Last edited:
The National Pilgrim Image of Our Lady of Fátima-Philippines, also known as the EDSA Image, is a gift to the Philippines from the Sanctuary of Fátima, enshrined at the National Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima in Valenzuela in Metro Manila. It was blessed by Pope Paul VI in 1967 on the 50th anniversary of the.

you worship iditols

The National Pilgrim Image of Our Lady of Fátima-Philippines, also known as the EDSA Image, is a gift to the Philippines from the Sanctuary of Fátima, enshrined at the National Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima in Valenzuela in Metro Manila. It was blessed by Pope Paul VI in 1967 on the 50th anniversary of the.

you worship iditols

I've seen videos of the Black Nazarene charade in the Philippines. What horrendous blasphemy.

I've seen videos of the Black Nazarene charade in the Philippines. What horrendous blasphemy.
HE WORSHIPS A FALSE GOD i just proved it the catholic church still has Jesus on the cross . he is no longer on the cross no longer in the tomb he has risen from the dead. which his mother Mary has not the catholic church is full of religious idolatry . they worship IDIOLS

you worship iditols
Add two more things Ezra knows nothing about.
” meaning of the word worship” “ meaning of word idols”

Since you provably do not know the faith handed down
Or anything about church history
Or anything about scripture Regarding what Jesus says are the sources of truth

You now add you don’t know the meaning ofworship So Are you even a Christian Ezra?

The only thing you appear to worship is your own intellect - that is your false God - your idol, , and your wilful inability to even attempt to understand christianity. Sad.
I notice you can’t comment on how Mary was actually saved , I explain abive - you prefer reformer mythology.

Meanwhile God reveals to little children as he did at Fatima , and conceals from those who just think they are wise like Ezra.
I am still waiting for you or Fred to explain why you all disagree on dictrine, using the same method.
Are you all stupid, so come to different conclusions, or is only that scripture isnt as clear ,as you claim, so sola scriptura is false.

Last edited:
your faith handed down? noooo but i know the history of the catholic church . its Black am i a christian i am a blood bought child of the King . i have been justified and sanctified . not of my own doing but from what Christ done in me . i dont pray through mary she is dead living in heaven , she has absolutely------NO power -----she can not hear any prayers---Mary was a chosen vessel to bring in the Christ Child . when simieon in luke 2 . help Christ and prophesied of the things that he would go through. Mary and joseph marveled at the things spoken your catholic church makes people saints after they die. when the last pope died i watched them go through a ritual and bend over and kiss his hands?

why he just flesh and blood like you and me Fatima is a idol btw doctrine is spelled doctrine not dictrine . the only stupid person is you paul wrote i would not have you ignorant . the only thing you know when someone challenges you with scripture . is to throw insults which speaks how much you really know . once agin solo means ONLY ==scripture do you reject the Bible ? so lo scripture is a phrase used .

Or anything about scripture Regarding what Jesus says are the sources of truth

sure i do Jesus said i am the way the truth the life no man comes to the father but by him. not the pope not the priest or any other chain of command used. Not even Mary but trough Jesus shazam your not living on fantasy island . Mary was saved just like any other human by Grace through faith not of works
stop trying to live under law. start living under grace .. so in your own words STOP BEING SO STUPID. chew on that and consult your occult book and ask Fatima. what to do next

Fatima

Daughter of Muhammad (c. 605–632)
Fāṭima bint Muḥammad, commonly known as Fāṭima al-Zahrāʾ, was the daughter of the Islamic prophet Muhammad and his wife Khadija. Fatima's husband was Ali, the fourth of the Rashidun Caliphs and the first Shia Imam. Fatima's sons were Hasan and Husayn, the second and third Shia Imams, respectively. Fatima has been compared to Mary, mother of Jesus, especially in Shia Islam. ISLAM you just exposed your self .

in the o.t you would have been stoned to death

You mean a lot “ you personally think “ is not biblical.

She is kecharotomene - completed in grace .
Have you called her blessed? as scripture says you will?
Are you honoured if she comes to you As mother of your Lord?
Do you ask for her help knowing a davidic queen is given the power of intercession with the king, we saw at Cana , her time has now come?
She is mother of all who keep the commandments , why do you not speaker to her so?
We know the prayers of saints are there at the throne of God, how much more so of the greatest saint.

We honour her as mother of Lord, we call her blessed, we ask her to pray for us.
Why do you object? Is she not a saint in your eyes?
There is very much the the catholic cult does that is not Biblical:
The veneration of some men (and women) over other men - Matt 23:8-10
The designation of some as saints over the rest of the Body of Christ - Rom 1:7
The infallibility of the supreme "priest" (the pope) -
It is the Scriptures that are infallible, not a person - Acts 20:32; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; Matthew 5:18; John 10:35; Acts 17:10-12; Isaiah 8:20; 40:8
The necessity of a supreme "priest" - Hebrews 7:22-28
And there are many, many more.

As for the veneration of Mary, she was a human girl with human failings, who found favor with God and was given the blessing of bearing the Christ.
She was neither then, nor in later life, venerable. She was indeed blessed, but she does not intercede for us with God, only Christ does that (Rom 8:34, 1 John 2:1, Heb 7:25).
Mary is not a Davidic queen (no evidence for that in Scripture). She was the mother of the King of Kings, but that does not change her from a simple human girl to anything other than a simple human girl.
Mary is no more a saint than is every single person who is born again in Christ.

Precious friends, If it is to be a Scriptural solution, then should we not consider where this
trouble began and then 'work together'? What Saith The Scripture?:

"This thou knowest, that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me; of whom are​
Phygellus [ meaning: 'fugitive'? ] and Hermogenes [ meaning: 'apostate'? ]." (2 Timothy 1:15)​
Since Paul is [ Chosen By God as ] the "apostle of the Gentiles," then should we not turn back
to Paul, and "The Revelation Of The Mystery" God Gave him for the solution to today's
mess of a Severely Divided And Confused church, on this earth?

Romans Through Philemon: God's Grace / Love Letters [ Directly ] to us for: Consolation,
Comfort, Edification, Encouragement, Enlightenment, And spiritual Building Up Of All
The BLOOD-Washed "members ( saints! )" In The Body Of Christ, His Church, Seated
( and United!) In Heaven! ( Start here but remember: "All Scripture is Profitable
For learning
! ) God's Solution!! Amen?

More mess solution questions here:

I have decided to follow Jesus?

Amen.
That's a good idea, but the lion share of the issues today is people tend to not consult the scriptures but rely on tradition that sounds like scripture.

Personal theory: Diana/Artemis was a popular "Goddess" in Pagan Rome, and when Christianity became politically acceptable, the Roman religious system probably felt that re-purposing DIANA to be the "Blessed virgin" would be a good political move to make Christianity more palatable to the pagan populace, along with OTHER popular Pagan doctrines. And so the Roman Catholic "Mary thing" has grown constantly in significance, accruing phony titles and powers until she's close to being the usurping co-redemptrix and as (if not more) religiously important as Jesus Himself to Roman Catholic "Faithful".
Thanks for sharing. Since it happened with the pagan holidays in the middle ages, it makes sense if it continued to happen up the line.

You appear to be contrary in order to be contrary.
I know the facts, and the true faith.

Ezra knows only anti catholic myth.

Hasnt even realized Fatima is a place because Portugal was once invaded by moors.
But there is no misrepresentation too big for those who don’t care about truth like Ezra.
There is very much the the catholic cult does that is not Biblical:
The veneration of some men (and women) over other men - Matt 23:8-10
The designation of some as saints over the rest of the Body of Christ - Rom 1:7
The infallibility of the supreme "priest" (the pope) -
It is the Scriptures that are infallible, not a person - Acts 20:32; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; Matthew 5:18; John 10:35; Acts 17:10-12; Isaiah 8:20; 40:8
The necessity of a supreme "priest" - Hebrews 7:22-28
And there are many, many more.

As for the veneration of Mary, she was a human girl with human failings, who found favor with God and was given the blessing of bearing the Christ.
She was neither then, nor in later life, venerable. She was indeed blessed, but she does not intercede for us with God, only Christ does that (Rom 8:34, 1 John 2:1, Heb 7:25).
Mary is not a Davidic queen (no evidence for that in Scripture). She was the mother of the King of Kings, but that does not change her from a simple human girl to anything other than a simple human girl.
Mary is no more a saint than is every single person who is born again in Christ.
In your very illinformed opinion, and in violation of the true church , history, and those “sent” to teach.

Mary is kechairotomene - demean her and you insult God.

Tell me. If sola scriptura were true and the message of scripture was clear : why do you all disagree on what it means.
Why do you disagree with reformers on Mary? And why do the eponymous cults of the reformers , Lutherans , calvinists all disagree with the reformers who started their cults, and why have thos p. cults fractured into 10000 pieces about every issue of doctrine ?
Why do you disgregard those who decided scripture - and why did you amend it?

You know nothing except your own opinions, and you disregard those Jesus sent to teach you.
worry about salvation and the wrath of a God offended by how you treat his most perfect creation.
We know He is angry With you, He said so.

Last edited:
In your very illinformed opinion, and in violation of the true church and those “sent” to teach.
The "true Church" is that which follows and obeys the Word of God.
The Word of God condemns calling men "father", "master", "teacher", or any other title of honor or veneration.
The Word of God says that all those who are in Christ are brothers and sisters, and equally saints and priests under the High Priest, Christ Jesus. There is not supposed to be a separate priesthood, or a separate cast of "saints" whom we venerate.
It does not matter what some group who you think are "sent" to teach say. What matters is what the Word of God says, and it condemns many of the catholic doctrines.
Mary is kechairotomene - insult her and you insult God.
I do not insult Mary. I insult those who venerate her above her station. She was a simple human girl. She died almost 2000 years ago, and was not resurrected, as the Lord was, nor does she live today. She does not intercede with God for us, because we already have One who intercedes for us, Christ the Lord. Venerating Mary is like venerating any other human (to include the pope and his priesthood); it is a sin and a defamation of God.

The "true Church" is that which follows and obeys the Word of God.
The Word of God condemns calling men "father", "master", "teacher", or any other title of honor or veneration.
The Word of God says that all those who are in Christ are brothers and sisters, and equally saints and priests under the High Priest, Christ Jesus. There is not supposed to be a separate priesthood, or a separate cast of "saints" whom we venerate.
It does not matter what some group who you think are "sent" to teach say. What matters is what the Word of God says, and it condemns many of the catholic doctrines.

I do not insult Mary. I insult those who venerate her above her station. She was a simple human girl. She died almost 2000 years ago, and was not resurrected, as the Lord was, nor does she live today. She does not intercede with God for us, because we already have One who intercedes for us, Christ the Lord. Venerating Mary is like venerating any other human (to include the pope and his priesthood); it is a sin and a defamation of God.
Wrong on both counts.
Study actual church history not reformer myths.

And - answer my question at the heart of all this,

Why do you, the reformers, the reformers cults , and the ten thousand cults that derived from them all disagree on Mary and all big issues of doctrine?
You all have the wrong answer because sola scriptura is false, and you disregard those SENT to preach. That is the sccession long before there was a New Testament Decided by the church You insult.

You only have personal opinions.

God is angry at how you treat Mary - he said so.

Wrong on both counts.
Study actual church history not reformer myths.
I care what "Church history" says so much as what Scripture says. When Church history is contrary to Scripture, I ignore Church history in favor of Scriptural truth.
And - answer my question at the heart of all this,

Why do you, the reformers, the reformers cults , and the ten thousand cults that derived from them all disagree on Mary and all big issues of doctrine?
I am not a "reformer". I am a Scriptural Christ follower.
But I disagree with the catholic's stance on Mary because she is not God, nor is she the Son of God, nor did she die for my sins, nor was she sinless, nor did she remain a virgin after Jesus was born, nor does she intercede for me with God. She is nothing to me in terms of Salvation, Redemption, Righteousness, or doctrinal authority.
You all have the wrong answer because sola scriptura is false, and you disregard those SENT to preach. That is the sccession long before there was a New Testament Decided by the church You insult.
I disregard a self-proclaimed "priesthood" that positions itself between me and God. I am a priest of the Most High. I do not need anyone who demands that I call him "father" to be a priest between me and God, because my High Priest sits at the right hand of God, and He who was tempted just as I am but without sin is the one who intercedes for me with the Father.
You only have personal opinions.
I have Scripture. You have "church history". Which one was the Church at Berea praised for searching?
God is angry at how you treat Mary - he said so.
Where does He say that He is angry for me saying what I have said about her? Show me the Scripture, please.

Now, let me give you some Scripture showing the false doctrines that the catholic cult's priesthood promotes.
1. Priests Want to be Called "Father"
Jesus warns us: "Also, do not call anyone on the earth your Father; for one is your Father, Who is in heaven" (Matthew 23:9).

2. Prayers to Mary
For example: "Hail Mary, full of grace." But Jesus commands us "to pray after this manner: 'Our Father Who is in heaven' " (Matthew 6:9). Rome presents Christ as harsh and Mary as merciful, but here is the reality:
• Jesus invites us: "Come to Me, all you who labor and are overly burdened, and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28).
• Jesus assures us of His welcome acceptance: "The one who comes to Me I will in no wise cast out" (John 6:37).
• Jesus is our "merciful and faithful High Priest" and is "able to help those who are being tempted" (Hebrews 2:17, 18).

3. Priests and Nuns are Forbidden to Marry
• Paul insists that"the overseer [bishop] be blameless, the husband of one wife" (I Timothy 3:2).
• Peter was married, because Jesus healed his mother-in-law (Matthew 8:14; Luke 4:38).
• "Do we not have a right to take with us a sister, a wife, as also the other apostles?" (I Corinthians 9:5). God says, "It is not good that the man should be alone" (Genesis 2:18).
• "To avoid sexual immorality, let each man have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband" (I Corinthians 7:2).
• "Now the Spirit tells us explicitly that in the latter times some shall apostatize from the faith … peaking lies in hypocrisy … forbidding to marry…" (I Timothy 4:1-3). This is God's description of Catholic celibacy. Celibacy is permissible if one so chooses; but it must not be commanded.

4. Never Sure of Going to Heaven
Catholics, since childhood, have been taught that, to get into heaven, one must keep the sacraments and the mass and do good works. Yet even then, they can never know for sure that they will go to heaven. What a worry! Death, to the Catholic, is fear of entering the fires of purgatory with no certainty of ever seeing their loved ones again. The priests tell them that no one can ever be sure of going to heaven. For the people who trust their good works or religion to save them, this is true, because they never know if they have done enough good works to get into heaven. Not even the Pope knows for sure, so how can he help Catholics to be sure?

God's way to salvation is the opposite of Rome's way of good works. God says not to trust in your good works, but to trust in Jesus Christ's death on the cross as the full payment for your sins. We can be 100% sure of salvation because God says: "The one who has the Son has eternal life; the one who does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life" (I John 5:12). "And this is the promise that He has promised us: eternal life" (1 John 2:25). "For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Romans 10:13).

Question: Will you call on Jesus to save you from your sins, or will you try to work out your salvation through Catholic sacraments?

5. Peter as the Rock
"Then Simon Peter answered and said, 'You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.' And Jesus answered and said to him, 'Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jona, for flesh and blood did not reveal it to you, but My Father, Who is in heaven. And I say also to you, that you are Peter [petros, a pebble or small stone]; but upon this Rock [petra, a boulder or large rock—Christ] I will build My church, and the gates of the grave shall not prevail against it. And I will give to you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you may bind on the earth will have already been bound in heaven; and whatever you may loose on the earth will have already been loosed in heaven' " (Matthew 16:16-19).

From the above passage we may conclude:
1) Jesus was referring to Himself (this Rock, Christ) upon which He would build His church, not on Peter. The disciples, familiar with the Old Testament, knew Rock to be a name of God.
a) "The LORD is my Rock, and my fortress" (Psalms 18:2). "He is the Rock" (Deuteronomy 32:4). "Who is a Rock except our God?" (Psalms 18:31). We see here that there is no other rock but God—not even Peter.
b) Christ is the foundation Rock on which the church is built, not Peter. Jesus referred to Himself when He said: "The Stone that the builders rejected, this has become the head of the corner" (Matthew 21:42). Paul wrote of "the spiritual Rock that followed them"—saying that "that Rock was Christ" (I Corinthians 10:4). Peter referred to Jesus as a "living Stone," "the Cornerstone," a "Stone of stumbling," and a "Rock of offence" (I Peter 2:4-8).
c) When Peter tried to stop Jesus from going to the cross, Jesus rebuked him, saying: "Get behind Me, Satan!" (Matthew 16:23). Jesus wouldn't build His church on Satan.
d) In Mark 9:33-35, the disciples argued about who was the greatest among them. If Jesus had given Peter the rank of Pope, then He would have referred to Peter as the greatest, but He didn't. Thus, Jesus gave no special papal leadership to Peter. Nor should we.
2) Peter was given the keys of the kingdom, but only in the sense that it was Peter who opened the door to preaching the Gospel to Israel on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2:38-42) and to the Gentiles in the house of Cornelius (Acts 10:34-46). Still, everyone enters the kingdom through Christ, not Peter.
3) Priests do not have the power to bind, loose, forgive, or not forgive sins—because only God has this power.

6. Was Peter the First Pope? No, because:
1) Peter was married (Matthew 8:14, 15; I Corinthians 9:5). Popes cannot be married.
2) Peter wore no crown, as the pope does.
3) Peter had no wealth (Acts 3:6), as the pope has.
4) Peter rejected the "traditions" of the fathers (I Peter 1:18), yet Catholic teachings are based on human traditions.
5) Peter would not allow men to bow down to him (Acts 10:25-26), as the pope does.
6) Peter never took the title "PONTIFIX MASIMUS" or "PONTIFF," as all popes do. This was the title of pagan Roman emperors, meaning "chief bridge-builder between earth and heaven." Only Jesus can claim this title (John 1:51). For a pope to take this title is blasphemy against Christ. Peter never spoke like a pope, never acted like a pope, never dressed like a pope, and people never approached him as a pope.

7. Papal Infallibility (Declared in 1870)
When a pope is speaking in his official position on any issue of faith or morals, he is speaking infallibly, without error. But the apostles never regarded any man (except Jesus) to be infallible. Only the Word of God is without error. Paul rebuked Peter for being deceived by Judaizers (Galatians 2:11-14). Papal infallibility is seen to be false, as these events reveal:
1) Five popes—Innocent III, Gregory XI, Clement IV, Hadrian VI, and Paul IV—all disagreed with papal infallibility.
2) Pope Eugene IV (1431) had Joan of Arc burned alive as a witch, but later Pope Benedict (1919) declared her to be a saint.
3) Pope Stephen VI (896) had the dead Pope Formosus (891-896) dug up, tried, questioned, fingers hacked off, dragged through the streets of Rome, and thrown into the Tiber River.
4) Pope Hadrian II (867) declared civil marriage to be valid, but Pope Pius VII (1800-1823) declared it to be invalid.
5) The pope and the Vatican advised the German Catholic Party to vote for Nazi candidates. In 1933, the Vatican and Hitler signed a Concordat where the Catholic Church swore allegiance to the Nazi government. Later on, when Hitler was losing World War II, Pope Pius XI condemned him. Surely, these errors of judgment and contradictions between popes disproves papal infallibility to any honest, open-minded person.

8. Confessing Sins to a Priest—to obtain absolution of sins.
Catholic Canon Law (870-888) states that a priest has the power to forgive sins, and that confession to a priest at least once a year is necessary for salvation. The Bible gives these examples of confessing sins to God only:
1) When Simon of Samaria sinned after being baptized, Peter told him to pray to God for forgiveness (Acts 8:22). Peter did not hear his confession.
2) The apostles never heard confessions. Peter, speaking about Jesus, said: "Everyone who believes in Him receives remission of sins through His name" (Acts 10:43). Peter did not forgive the sins of Cornelius, or anybody else.
3) Paul did not forgive the sins of the Philippian jailer (Acts 16:30-34).
4) Only God and Jesus can forgive sins (Mark 2:5-11).
5) When Peter denied Christ, he confessed it to God and was forgiven. But when Judas betrayed Jesus, he confessed it to the priests and then committed suicide (Matthew 27:3-5).

Catholics' auricular confession to a priest is evil because:
1) It gives power to the priesthood—to suppose they can absolve sins.
2) It pollutes the mind by holding impure thoughts in the mind long enough to make confession.
3) It gives a priest power over a female by claiming that God requires all sins crossing her mind to be disclosed to him. The very things a would-be seducer would like to know are the thoughts of his intended victim. Virtue would be safe nowhere.
4) It requires the priest to make improper and disgusting suggestions to elicit possible sins not yet confessed.

This practice of confession has greatly corrupted community morals, as seen by many Catholic priests being sued for sexual abuse of women and children. God says: "For there is one God, and one Mediator between God and menthe man Christ Jesus" (I Timothy 2:5). Hence, priests, Mary, and saints are not mediators between God and man. Only Jesus is. By pointing people to priests, to Mary, and to saints, Rome is turning people away from Christ.

9. Priests as Mediators Between God and Men
All believers are "priests" with direct access to God through Christ. "But you are a chosen stock, a royal priesthood" (I Peter 2:9). Priests as mediators increase the priests' control over people. This turns people away from Christ. "For there is one God, and one Mediator between God and menthe man Christ Jesus" (I Timothy 2:5).

10. Purgatory
Purgatory is an imaginary half-way place between heaven and hell, where un-forgiven sins are allegedly purged away. But God says believers go to the grave at death, where they "sleep" until the resurrection (I Corinthians 15). The following verses show purgatory to be false: Christ purged all of our sins (Hebrews 1:3); and, there is now no condemnation to those in Christ (Romans 8:1). The purgatory teaching is a great evil, because it is:
1) A terrifying prospect of entering a place of unspeakable torture, with no way to avoid it. Catholics live in fear of spending an unknown number of years in purgatory, never knowing when they'll get out.
2) A great money raiser. Suffering in purgatory, Catholics say, may be shorten by gifts of money, masses, and prayers by the priest. So it is a fraud and a colossal racket, because it deprives the poor of their last pennies and exhorts large funds from the rich in exchange for nothing! If the pope or priest really has the power to shorten or stop the suffering of souls in purgatory, why does he not, if he is a good man, render that service freely and willingly?
3) Represents God as a "respecter of persons." A rich man passes more speedily through purgatory and into heaven than the poor man. But the Bible teaches that eternal life is a free gift (Romans 6:23), equally available to everyone.

11. Idols and Images for Worship
The Catholic Council of Trent states: "It is lawful to have images in the church and to give honor and worship to them…. Images are put in churches that they may be worshipped." But what does God say about images?
1) "You shall not make for yourselves any graven image…. You shall not bow yourself down to them, nor serve them" (Exodus 20:4-5; also Leviticus 26:1; Deuteronomy 16:22).
2) "Lest you act corruptly and make for yourselves a graven image, the likeness of any figure, the likeness of male or female" (Deuteronomy 4:16). This forbids statues of Mary, Jesus, etc.
3) "Cursed is the man that makes any graven or molten image, an abomination to the LORD" (Deuteronomy 27:15).
4) The early Christians "turned from idols to God" (I Thessalonians 1:9).

12. Church Tradition
Catholics prefer tradition over the Bible and use tradition as their authority for doctrine.
1) Peter rebukes those holding to human tradition in I Peter 1:18—"Your futile way of living, inherited by tradition from your forefathers."
2) Jesus rebukes human tradition: "Why do you also transgress the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition?... [You] have made void the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition…. 'For they worship Me in vain, teaching for doctrine the commandments of men' " (Matthew 15:3, 6, 9).

We should reject every human religious tradition not found in the Bible. We must obey God rather than men (Acts 5:29).

13. Infant "Baptism" (Instituted in AD 370.)
Catholic infant "baptism" is not Bible baptism, because:
1) No baby was ever sprinkled with water in the Bible. Check it for yourself.
2) A condition for baptism is to believe that Jesus is the Son of God (Acts 8:36, 37), yet no baby can satisfy this condition.
3) Baptism in New Testament Greek means to immerse, but "sprinkle" is a different Greek word altogether (rantizo).
4) Seeking baptism should be a well-thought-out personal decision. When you are sprinkled as an infant, that was your parents' decision. Being baptized as an adult is your decision.

14. Confirmation
Catholic confirmation is supposed to confer the Holy Spirit by the laying on of hands. But like baptism, the laying on of hands is not for children, but for adults. Nowhere in the Bible is a child given the Holy Spirit by the laying on of hands.

15. Mary Veneration
Mother and child worship began at the Tower of Babel in 2000 BC, when Queen Semiramis commanded her people to worship herself and Tammuz, her son. She claimed he fulfilled the prophecy of Genesis 3:15, allegedly being the virgin-born savior promised to Adam and Eve after the Fall. Later, when people scattered all over the world, they took this "Mother and Child" worship with them:
• In Canaan, it became known as Ashtoreth and Baal worship
• Ancient Egypt worshipped Isis and Horus
• Ancient India worshipped Devaki and Krishna
• Ancient Rome worshipped Venus and Jupiter

When Constantine in AD 320 commanded pagans to become Christians, the pagans just changed the name of "mother and child worship" from Venus and Jupiter to Mary and Jesus. This tradition has continued in the Catholic Church to today, even though the Bible never mentions Mary veneration. And the wise men brought their gifts to Jesus, not to Mary.

Other aspects of Mary veneration include:
1) Perpetual Virginity: The claim is that Mary remained a virgin all her life, having no other children.' The following verses disprove this error: Matthew 13:55-56; John 7:5.
2) Immaculate Conception of Mary: The claim is that Mary was born sinless and led a sinless life. Pope Pius IX made this assertion in 1854 and declared Mary to be infallible. Furthermore, he said: "There is no salvation to those who do not believe this dogma." The Bible, however, denies this: All have sinned (Romans 3:23), and no one is truly righteous (Romans 3:10).
3) Assumption of Mary: The idea is that Mary ascended into heaven in bodily form. This was made official and infallible by Pope Pius XII in 1951. However, the Bible plainly says that no man has ascended up to heaven (John 3:13).
4) Prayers to Mary: We pray to God, not Mary, as per Jesus' instructions in Luke 11:2, etc.

16. Anti-Bible Attitude
1) From 1382 to 1500 AD, many Christian martyrs were burned to death with Wycliffe's Bible tied around their necks. Tyndale published thousands of New Testaments in English, and smuggled them into England where they were rapidly distributed. The Catholic Church seized and burned many copies of Tyndale's New Testament as well as burning Tyndale himself at the stake in 1536.
2) Catholicism today permits Catholics to read the Bible, but teaches that it is sinful to put any interpretation on the Bible that is contrary to Catholic beliefs.
3) Anti-Roman Catholic verses are ignored, saying: "That's just your interpretation." This transfers authority away from the Bible to Rome.

Back
Top Bottom