The Gift of Grace

Yep He is. In the Matt 11:28-29 context, He just praised the Father for hiding truth from some men,the nonelect Matt 11 25-27

25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.

27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Jesus wasnt calling the wise and prudent, but only the babes
He said "ALL" all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened. You're really stretching that one because it has nothing to do with any so-called non-elect.

Jesus was talking about namely, the scribes, Pharisees, and Sadducees. If anyone should have been able to recognize that John was the forerunner to the Messiah and that Jesus was the Messiah, it should have been the wise because they were extremely knowledgeable of the scriptures.

You are twisting the scriptures in order to defend your false doctrine of Calvinism.

He said "ALL" all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened. You're really stretching that one because it has nothing to do with any so-called non-elect.

Jesus was talking about namely, the scribes, Pharisees, and Sadducees. If anyone should have been able to recognize that John was the forerunner to the Messiah and that Jesus was the Messiah, it should have been the wise because they were extremely knowledgeable of the scriptures.

You are twisting the scriptures in order to defend your false doctrine of Calvinism.
Absolutely correct! @brightfame52 is once again caught between a rock and a hard place.

Grace is as infinite and transcendent as the God from whom it flows. He is “the God of all grace” (1 Peter 5:10), and He is abounding with mercy for the merciless, help for the helpless, redemption for anyone and everyone. There is no limit to the guests invited to dine at the Master’s overflowing table.

The Bible repeatedly calls grace a “gift” (Ephesians 4:7). This is an important analogy because it teaches us some key things about grace:

First, anyone who has ever received a gift understands that a gift is much different from a loan, which requires repayment or return by the recipient. The fact that grace is a gift means that nothing is owed in return.

Second, there is no cost to the person who receives a gift. A gift is free to the recipient, although it is not free to the giver, who bears the expense. The gift of salvation costs us sinners nothing. But the price of such an extravagant gift came at a great cost for our Lord Jesus, who died in our place.

Third, once a gift has been given, ownership of the gift has transferred and it is now ours to keep. There is a permanence in a gift that does not exist with loans or advances. When a gift changes hands, the giver permanently relinquishes all rights to renege or take back the gift in the future. God’s grace is ours forever.

Fourth, in the giving of a gift, the giver voluntarily forfeits something he owns, willingly losing what belongs to him so that the recipient will profit from it. The giver becomes poorer so the recipient can become richer. This generous and voluntary exchange from the giver to the recipient is visible in 2 Corinthians 8:9: “You know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich.”

Finally, the Bible teaches that grace is completely unmerited. The gift and the act of giving have nothing at all to do with our merit or innate quality (Romans 4:4; 11:5–6; 2 Timothy 1:9–10). In fact, the Bible says quite clearly that we don’t deserve God’s salvation. Romans 5:8–10 says, “God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. . . . While we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son.” From GOT?
The content of a gift can be the experience of doing something, such as with giving someone the opportunity to experience driving a Ferrari for an house, where the gift intrinsically requires them to do the work of driving it in order to have that experience, but where doing that work contributes nothing to detractive from the opportunity to drive being completely given as a gift. Similarly, the content of God's gift of eternal life is the experience of knowing Him and Jesus (John 17:3) and the gift of God's law is His instructions for how to have that experience (Exodus 33:13, Matthew 7:23).

In Psalms 119:29-30, he wanted to put false ways far from him, for God to be gracious to him by teaching him to obey His law, and he chose the way of faith by setting it before him, so this has always been the one and only way of salvation by grace through faith. Genesis 6:8-9, Noah found grace in the eyes of God, he was a righteous man, and he walked with God, so God was gracious to him by teaching him to walk in His way and he was righteous because he obeyed through faith. In Romans 1:5, we have received grace in order to bring about the obedience of faith. In Ephesians 2:8-10, we are new creations in Christ to do good works, so while we do not earn our salvation as the result of our works lest anyone should boast, being a doer of good works is nevertheless intrinsically part of being saved from not being a doer of good works. In Titus 2:11-13, our salvation is described as being trained by grace to do what is godly, righteous, and good, and to renounce doing what is ungodly, so we are not extrinsically required to have first done those works in order to earn our salvation as the result and we are not extrinsically required to do those works as the result of having first been saved, but rather God graciously teaching us to experience being doers of those works is intrinsically part of the content of His gift of salvation. In other words, obeying God's law has nothing to do with trying to earn our salvation from God, but rather God graciously teaching us to experience being doers of it is the way that He is giving us His gift of salvation.

You don't believe what I have shown you

The content of a gift can be the experience of doing something, such as with giving someone the opportunity to experience driving a Ferrari for an house, where the gift intrinsically requires them to do the work of driving it in order to have that experience, but where doing that work contributes nothing to detractive from the opportunity to drive being completely given as a gift. Similarly, the content of God's gift of eternal life is the experience of knowing Him and Jesus (John 17:3) and the gift of God's law is His instructions for how to have that experience (Exodus 33:13, Matthew 7:23).

In Psalms 119:29-30, he wanted to put false ways far from him, for God to be gracious to him by teaching him to obey His law, and he chose the way of faith by setting it before him, so this has always been the one and only way of salvation by grace through faith. Genesis 6:8-9, Noah found grace in the eyes of God, he was a righteous man, and he walked with God, so God was gracious to him by teaching him to walk in His way and he was righteous because he obeyed through faith. In Romans 1:5, we have received grace in order to bring about the obedience of faith. In Ephesians 2:8-10, we are new creations in Christ to do good works, so while we do not earn our salvation as the result of our works lest anyone should boast, being a doer of good works is nevertheless intrinsically part of being saved from not being a doer of good works. In Titus 2:11-13, our salvation is described as being trained by grace to do what is godly, righteous, and good, and to renounce doing what is ungodly, so we are not extrinsically required to have first done those works in order to earn our salvation as the result and we are not extrinsically required to do those works as the result of having first been saved, but rather God graciously teaching us to experience being doers of those works is intrinsically part of the content of His gift of salvation. In other words, obeying God's law has nothing to do with trying to earn our salvation from God, but rather God graciously teaching us to experience being doers of it is the way that He is giving us His gift of salvation.
Yes we cannot separate faith from good works that God has prepared beforehand that we should walk in them as per Eph 2:10.

You don't believe what I have shown you
Correct, That's what will never happen. I know the truth and the truth has set me free. I do admire you for your perseverance but sadly you're being deceived by the false man-made theology of Calvinism. You need to get yourself free.

Correct, That's what will never happen. I know the truth and the truth has set me free. I do admire you for your perseverance but sadly you're being deceived by the false man-made theology of Calvinism. You need to get yourself free.
Okay then, I believe you have been mislead. You receive not what I believe to be truth of God

Okay then, I believe you have been mislead. You receive not what I believe to be truth of God
You're definitely entitled to your beliefs even if they are wrong. And you're absolutely right I do not receive what you believe. Your believe In in Calvinism is like dust on my shoes that I shake off.

You're definitely entitled to your beliefs even if they are wrong. And you're absolutely right I do not receive what you believe. Your believe In in Calvinism is like dust on my shoes that I shake off.
Then in my opinion you are shaking off Truths of the Gospel of Gods Grace ! May God be pleased to grant you repentance friend.

Then in my opinion you are shaking off Truths of the Gospel of Gods Grace ! May God be pleased to grant you repentance friend.
Hang on a second let me get the rest of the dust off my shoes. Okay now I'm good to go. Let's see I don't need to repent for telling the truth. So God must already be pleased.

The truth is he wishes all to come to salvation found in His son Jesus Christ. So anyone who believes they are saved because of calvinism and it's teaching them they are one of the elect are still lost. I pray for you to find the truth.

Excellent! I hope your post can get the thread back on track. Charles Welch Seems to have been a great bible teacher. I like this part from his homepage.

In 1909 he commenced The Berean Expositor which he edited till a few years before his death. This magazine was devoted from the outset to the exposition of the Scriptures, with particular attention to structure and context and the need to obey the command of 2 Timothy 2:15 to rightly divide the Word of Truth. The word “Berean” (Acts 17: 10,11) was used to urge the reader to test for himself by the Word of God all that was written, and so make the truth his own personal possession.

Excellent! I hope your post can get the thread back on track. Charles Welch Seems to have been a great bible teacher. I like this part from his homepage.

In 1909 he commenced The Berean Expositor which he edited till a few years before his death. This magazine was devoted from the outset to the exposition of the Scriptures, with particular attention to structure and context and the need to obey the command of 2 Timothy 2:15 to rightly divide the Word of Truth. The word “Berean” (Acts 17: 10,11) was used to urge the reader to test for himself by the Word of God all that was written, and so make the truth his own personal possession.

I’ll have to check him out in @Complete link

I’ll have to check him out in @Complete link
Hello @civic & @Horatius,

The link takes you to Bibleunderstanding.com. The Speaker is Mr Stuart Allan a contemporary of Mr Charles Welch and an excellent speaker. The site has a library of audio recording of both Stuart Allan, Charles Welch and others. I met Stuart in his nineties, in the lake district, who, frail as he then was, was eager to get a glimpse of newly hatched eagle chicks nesting close by, and listened to him speak to a small group in a cottage in the hills. For which I am so thankful, for he died soon afterwards.

Thank you
in Christ Jesus
Chris

Hello @civic & @Horatius,

The link takes you to Bibleunderstanding.com. The Speaker is Mr Stuart Allan a contemporary of Mr Charles Welch and an excellent speaker. The site has a library of audio recording of both Stuart Allan, Charles Welch and others. I met Stuart in his nineties, in the lake district, who, frail as he then was, was eager to get a glimpse of newly hatched eagle chicks nesting close by, and listened to him speak to a small group in a cottage in the hills. For which I am so thankful, for he died soon afterwards.

Thank you
in Christ Jesus
Chris
Thanks for that information. I checked the whole side out when I went over there. There were some mighty men of God from that era.

Grace is as infinite and transcendent as the God from whom it flows. He is “the God of all grace” (1 Peter 5:10), and He is abounding with mercy for the merciless, help for the helpless, redemption for anyone and everyone. There is no limit to the guests invited to dine at the Master’s overflowing table.

The Bible repeatedly calls grace a “gift” (Ephesians 4:7). This is an important analogy because it teaches us some key things about grace:

First, anyone who has ever received a gift understands that a gift is much different from a loan, which requires repayment or return by the recipient. The fact that grace is a gift means that nothing is owed in return.

Second, there is no cost to the person who receives a gift. A gift is free to the recipient, although it is not free to the giver, who bears the expense. The gift of salvation costs us sinners nothing. But the price of such an extravagant gift came at a great cost for our Lord Jesus, who died in our place.

Third, once a gift has been given, ownership of the gift has transferred and it is now ours to keep. There is a permanence in a gift that does not exist with loans or advances. When a gift changes hands, the giver permanently relinquishes all rights to renege or take back the gift in the future. God’s grace is ours forever.

Fourth, in the giving of a gift, the giver voluntarily forfeits something he owns, willingly losing what belongs to him so that the recipient will profit from it. The giver becomes poorer so the recipient can become richer. This generous and voluntary exchange from the giver to the recipient is visible in 2 Corinthians 8:9: “You know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich.”

Finally, the Bible teaches that grace is completely unmerited. The gift and the act of giving have nothing at all to do with our merit or innate quality (Romans 4:4; 11:5–6; 2 Timothy 1:9–10). In fact, the Bible says quite clearly that we don’t deserve God’s salvation. Romans 5:8–10 says, “God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. . . . While we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son.” From GOT?
you might like this from the same source

Grace does not stop once we are saved; God is gracious to us for the rest of our lives, working within and upon us. The Bible encourages us with many additional benefits that grace secures for every believer:

• Grace justifies us before a holy God (Romans 3:24; Ephesians 1:6; Titus 3:7).

• Grace provides us access to God to communicate and fellowship with Him (Ephesians 1:6; Hebrews 4:16).

• Grace wins for us a new relationship of intimacy with God (Exodus 33:17).

• Grace disciplines and trains us to live in a way that honors God (Titus 2:11–14; 2 Corinthians 8:7).

• Grace grants us immeasurable spiritual riches (Proverbs 10:22; Ephesians 2:7).

• Grace helps us in our every need (Hebrews 4:16).

• Grace is the reason behind our every deliverance (Psalm 44:3–8; Hebrews 4:16).

• Grace preserves us and comforts, encourages, and strengthens us (2 Corinthians 13:14; 2 Thessalonians 2:16–17; 2 Timothy 2:1).

Grace is actively and continually working in the lives of God’s people. Paul credited the success of his ministry not to his own substantial labors but to “the grace of God that was with me” (1 Corinthians 15:10). Grace is the ongoing, benevolent act of God working in us, without which we can do nothing (John 15:5). Grace is greater than our sin (Romans 5:20), more abundant than we expect (1 Timothy 1:14), and too wonderful for words (2 Corinthians 9:15).

As the recipients of God’s grace, Christians are to be gracious to others. Grace is given to us to serve others and to exercise our spiritual gifts for the building up of the church (Romans 12:6; Ephesians 3:2, 7; 4:7; 1 Peter 4:10).

hope this helps !!!

Back
Top Bottom