The Elect

If I wasn't among the elect, I wouldn't have any faith in God or even be aware that there are those who are elect and saved and those who cling to the pride of their own free will.

So you believe we all among the elect?

So when you see faith in others, you believe God has chosen them?

I've never meet a Calvinist that actually believes this.

So you believe we all among the elect?

So when you see faith in others, you believe God has chosen them?

I've never meet a Calvinist that actually believes this.

I have no idea. But I'll say this. Read this whole forum, and see who you believe is most at peace. Those who give 100% Glory to God for everything, including their ability to believe, or those who prattle on endlessly about how Calvinism is bad?

I have no idea. But I'll say this. Read this whole forum, and see who you believe is most at peace. Those who give 100% Glory to God for everything, including their ability to believe, or those who prattle on endlessly about how Calvinism is bad?

You don't give 100 percent Glory to God. No one does. Not you. Not I. Not anyone. Christ alone always pleased the Father.

You're trying to make yourself feel good about what you've chosen. We all do this. Some more than others. You're not challenging yourself in much of anything you believe.

You don't give 100 percent Glory to God. No one does. Not you. Not I. Not anyone. Christ alone always pleased the Father.

You're trying to make yourself feel good about what you've chosen. We all do this. Some more than others. You're not challenging yourself in much of anything you believe.

Let me be more specific. I give 100% of the Glory to God for my salvation. Of course I don't mean that in everything I do.

Let me be more specific. I give 100% of the Glory to God for my salvation. Of course I don't mean that in everything I do.

I give 100% Glory to God for salvation.

Do you see how you said "my salvation" and I didn't. Salvation is of the Lord.

Both Arminianism and Calvinism both do not equal = 100 percent Glory to God. Which is why I do not support either choice. I have problems with both. Arminians sometimes tend to see repentance as work of their own efforts. (Not all Arminians are the same). Calvinists tend only see themselves in Salvation.

Targeted Conformity before this world was ever formed proves that Salvation is Christ Centered alone.

Salvation has always been about Christ alone. We will be conformed to His Image or we will have no part in Him.

I give 100% Glory to God for salvation.

Do you see how you said "my salvation" and I didn't. Salvation is of the Lord.

Both Arminianism and Calvinism both do not equal = 100 percent Glory to God. Which is why I do not support either choice. I have problems with both. Arminians sometimes tend to see repentance as work of their own efforts. (Not all Arminians are the same). Calvinists tend only see themselves in Salvation.

Targeted Conformity before this world was ever formed proves that Salvation is Christ Centered alone.

Salvation has always been about Christ alone. We will be conformed to His Image or we will have no part in Him.

Free-willism gives partial credit for salvation to man. Free-willism believes man's decision is the hinge and turning point of his own salvation. Therefore man must have some of the Glory.

Free-willism gives partial credit for salvation to man. Free-willism believes man's decision is the hinge and turning point of his own salvation. Therefore man must have some of the Glory.
no it does not that the caricature made by calvinists/monergists. I know God saved me by His grace, mercy. But God did not believe for me or cause me to believe. God opened my mind/heart to hear the gospel and I ( not God making me ) responded in faith. I placed my trust, hope, faith, belief in Him. God did not do that for me nor does God make me obey Him. That is my choice/decision to walk in His ways, obey Him etc.....

God moves first, He is the first cause, He draws, convicts and man must either accept or reject that call. We do the receiving/believing. Grace precedes life, faith always. Man must believe then life is given, not before. Faith comes before life.

hope this helps !!!

Last edited:
If I wasn't among the elect, I wouldn't have any faith in God or even be aware that there are those who are elect and saved and those who cling to the pride of their own free will.
Whatever do you mean? There's even a lot of atheists' that understand the doctrines of Calvinism. And Jesus said there will be many who thought they had FAITH in God and you know he'll tell them to depart. And I'm not suggesting you'll be a part of the number I truly hope not.....but you just can't say well you have faith in God therefore you're the elect. Has your faith in God (and I include myself) does our faith in God move us into obedience of his will?

God moves first, He is the first cause, He draws, convicts and man must either accept or reject that call. We do the receiving/believing. Grace precedes life, faith always. Man must believe then like is given, not before. Faith comes before life.
Right on!

Shows a lack of understanding regarding faith.

Faith is the renunciation of self effort and depending on another for salvation

The flip side is for everyone who does not believe God's decree and determination is the reason why.

That does nothing to address the fact God had to take steps to prevent man from believing when your theology states he is born unable to believe

regeneration is life

faith always precedes life

John 20:31 (NASB 2020) — 31 but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that by believing you may have life in His name.
You're repeating yourself. So I will repeat myself: God doesn't 'have to' do anything.

Interesting how you believe God discriminately applies mercy without explanation.
I wonder why God has spoken at all..... In your false system, God does as He pleases without any consideration of creation.
In Scripture we are servants, even vessels, here by God for God's reasons. Not by God for our reasons.

We are here for his use.

We are not even complete beings, until we see him as he is, and are glorified.

You're repeating yourself. So I will repeat myself: God doesn't 'have to' do anything.
Well the fact is he did to prevent belief

John 12:40 (KJV 1900) — 40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

and seeing as your theology states man is born unable to believe the verse is contrary to it

In Scripture we are servants, even vessels, here by God for God's reasons. Not by God for our reasons.

We are here for his use.

This doesn't establish your scenario where God discriminately applies mercy to mankind without explanation. When someone says God does something and then refuses to explain why... You can "Mark it down". It is nothing more then self serving malarkey.

We are here for his use.

2 Timothy 2:20–21 (ESV) — 20 Now in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver but also of wood and clay, some for honorable use, some for dishonorable. 21 Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonorable, he will be a vessel for honorable use, set apart as holy, useful to the master of the house, ready for every good work.

That is like giving the government credit for providing water in infrastructure when you can collect it yourself. Water wouldn't exist without God. All the Glory goes to God. There is no power in accepting the work of another.

2 Timothy 2:20–21 (ESV) — 20 Now in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver but also of wood and clay, some for honorable use, some for dishonorable. 21 Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonorable, he will be a vessel for honorable use, set apart as holy, useful to the master of the house, ready for every good work.
Calvinism nothing more than a self glorifying means to blame God for what man does himself.

Well the fact is he did to prevent belief

John 12:40 (KJV 1900) — 40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

and seeing as your theology states man is born unable to believe the verse is contrary to it
To repeat myself: The subjunctive mode given in the negative designates purpose—not implication that the negative is actually possible.

Calvinism nothing more than a self glorifying means to blame God for what man does himself.
or that God meticulously predetermined they must do yet God is not to blame for their sin. It's having your cake and eating it too. It cannot work both ways it's a contradiction , an oxymoron. It's like the WCF that tries getting God off the hook for everything that comes to pass, He designed and determined would happen with the exception of sin/evil. That's the problem they have when they reject free will which is the answer to their dilemma.

Back
Top Bottom