The Elect

Do they have the ability to believe according to Jn 12:39

39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again, Yes or No ? Can they use their freewill ability to believe ?
because they were hardened to prevent belief

otherwise

lest they see with their eyes,
and understand with their heart, and turn,
and I would heal them.

The Holy Bible: English Standard Version (Wheaton, IL: Crossway Bibles, 2016), Jn 12:40.

good grief man read

because they were hardened to prevent belief

otherwise

and I would heal them.

The Holy Bible: English Standard Version (Wheaton, IL: Crossway Bibles, 2016), Jn 12:40.

good grief man read

39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again, Yes or No ?

39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again, Yes or No ?
If not hardened yes

and I would heal them

If not hardened yes

and I would heal them

You are determined to ignore the context aren't you

If not hardened yes

and I would heal them

If not hardened yes

and I would heal them

If not hardened yes

and I would heal them

I have posted verses where God or Christ either had to harden men or hide truth to prevent belief. I also posted a verse where faith was temporary. You do not believe god gives temporary faith do you
No. God did not have to. You continue to draw conclusions that are not implied. I do believe that God can give temporary faith. Matter of fact, I believe the Spirit of God can do anything it pleases, to include a person in the congregation with all the virtues apparent in the regenerate elect.
And as for the other verse nowhere was it claimed God infused or effectually caused faith. Those verses clearly implied man was capable of believing, while the first set showed it
I already told you I too reject the term 'infused'. Scripture does show, however, that God effectually caused all things. You draw your conclusions, I draw mine. You have not proven yours. I have no intention of proving mine.

I actually —whether you believe me or not— doubt my own conclusions because they are MY conclusions, and MY logic, and are ignorant of the total knowledge of the eternal holy God. But they are the best I have been able to draw from what I KNOW is true. I also doubt even what I know is true in this way: That the human mind must compartmentalize that which in God is one truth. The human mind can't seem to help but assume that what it is able to describe is therefore necessarily substantive. I know this, and so even when I can repeat the very words of God, I try to remember that I know just about as much about what they mean as a puppy does about brain surgery.

But for you, or so it seems to me, what you consider God's own truth, and what you consider drawn from God's own truth, are not so much different. Your logic that exalts self-determinism to absolute status has colored everything you read.

And no, I don't say that I am not susceptible to do the same. Even my claims to be different from you in this are subject to the word of God.

No. God did not have to. You continue to draw conclusions that are not implied. I do believe that God can give temporary faith. Matter of fact, I believe the Spirit of God can do anything it pleases, to include a person in the congregation with all the virtues apparent in the regenerate elect.

You appear to be in denial

John 12:40 (KJV 1900) — 40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

here God had to blind and harden to prevent belief

Mark 4:10–12 (ESV) — 10 And when he was alone, those around him with the twelve asked him about the parables. 11 And he said to them, “To you has been given the secret of the kingdom of God, but for those outside everything is in parables, 12 so that “ ‘they may indeed see but not perceive, and may indeed hear but not understand, lest they should turn and be forgiven.

Here Christ hid truth so men would not believe

I already told you I too reject the term 'infused'. Scripture does show, however, that God effectually caused all things. You draw your conclusions, I draw mine. You have not proven yours. I have no intention of proving mine.
No, scripture does not show God causes all things

James 1:13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. 14 But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire.

1John 2:16 For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life—is not from the Father but is from the world.

Jer. 32:35 They built the high places of Baal in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, to offer up their sons and daughters to Molech, though I did not command them, nor did it enter into my mind, that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.

Is. 30:1 “Ah, stubborn children,” declares the LORD,
“who carry out a plan, but not mine,
and who make an alliance, but not of my Spirit,
that they may add sin to sin;

Gal. 5:7 You were running well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth? 8 This persuasion is not from him who calls you.

1Cor. 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

Rom. 11:23 And even they, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again.

If not hardened yes

and I would heal them

You are desperate to ignore the context

If not hardened they could believes

and I would heal them

You are desperate to ignore the context

If not hardened they could believes

and I would heal them

Yes or no

If not hardened they could believe

and I would heal them
According to Jn 12:39

39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,

Can they believe in Christ ? Yes or No

Can they believe in Christ ? Yes

Desperately you wish to rip the verse from its context

If not hardened, they could believe

and I would heal them

and I would heal them
Amen

It’s Sadducee that doctrine takes precedence over scripture. It’s very sad to see.

and I would heal them

Can they believe in Christ ? Yes or No ?

Then what is the reason for that in Vs 40

40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

Can they believe in Christ ? Yes or No ?

Then what is the reason for that in Vs 40

40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.
What would happen if he did not blind them

and I would heal them

Back
Top Bottom