The Elect

lol read what came before this on the same passage. This is another example of eisegesis.

we, who were the first to put our hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory. 13 And you also were included in Christwhen you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

hope this helps !!!
We believe according to the working of His Great Power Eph 1:19-20

19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

Thats Drawing, the Power of God

Don't avoid the point

Your theology teaches they were born hardened
My theology teaches that they were born at enmity with God.
Acts 28:27 (NASB 2020) — 27 FOR THE HEARTS OF THIS PEOPLE HAVE BECOME INSENSITIVE, AND WITH THEIR EARS THEY HARDLY HEAR, AND THEY HAVE CLOSED THEIR EYES; OTHERWISE THEY MIGHT SEE WITH THEIR EYES, AND HEAR WITH THEIR EARS, AND UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEART AND RETURN, AND I WOULD HEAL THEM.” ’
This shows they were hardened in time
it also shows had they not grown hardened they could have
OTHERWISE THEY MIGHT SEE WITH THEIR EYES, AND HEAR WITH THEIR EARS, AND UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEART AND RETURN, AND I WOULD HEAL THEM

There is nothing in this particular text that states God hardened them
Unless I have confused you with someone else, you already admitted that God hardened them, including scripture passages to that effect, in past arguments to claim those texts as evidence that if God hardened them they were able to have faith before that.
that would be this text

John 12:40 (NASB 2020) — 40 “HE HAS BLINDED THEIR EYES AND HE HARDENED THEIR HEART, SO THAT THEY WILL NOT SEE WITH THEIR EYES AND UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEART, AND BE CONVERTED, AND SO I WILL NOT HEAL THEM.”

had God not hardened them, they could have believed
There is nothing there to say they could have. Only something to say it was prevented them. You have inferred what is not implied.

In case you did not know the council of Dort spoke of infused faith

Article 14 stated, “Faith is a gift of God, not in the sense that it is offered by God for man to choose, but that it is in actual fact bestowed on man, breathed and infused into him. Nor is it a gift in the sense that God bestows only the potential to believe, but then awaits assent—the act of believing—from man’s choice; rather, it is a gift in the sense that he who works both willing and acting and, indeed, works all things in all people produces in man both the will to believe and the belief itself.

Effectualy caused faith is common calvinist verbage

please address the remaining verses

Grant does not mean to infuse or effectually cause. The preaching of the word is sufficient to grant faith

Romans 10:14–17 (NASB 2020) — 14 How then are they to call on Him in whom they have not believed? How are they to believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how are they to hear without a preacher? 15 But how are they to preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written: “HOW BEAUTIFUL ARE THE FEET OF THOSE WHO BRING GOOD NEWS OF GOOD THINGS!” 16 However, they did not all heed the good news; for Isaiah says, “LORD, WHO HAS BELIEVED OUR REPORT?” 17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.

as is the writing of it

John 20:31 (NASB 2020) — 31 but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that by believing you may have life in His name.

Clearly there is the implication if they read they might believe

So you do not believe God must infuse or effectually cause it?
Why do you insist on that construction. It does not define what I believe. But, again, God does effectually cause absolutely all fact and reality. Deal with it.
Faith is man's response. nowhere is it stated god infused or effectually causes faith

salvation is the gift of God

Romans 6:23 (NASB 2020) — 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gracious gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

again faith is granted not infused or effectually caused

The word the gospel is sufficient to cause or grant faith.

Romans 10:17 (NASB 2020) — 17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.

not by god infusing it or effectually causing it while witholding it from others

finally i stated nothing about what God must respect

I posted scripture that deserves an answer
I am a Monergist. I don't claim Calvinism. Whatever ways I resemble them is incidental. I did not learn from them what I believe (nor from the Reformed, for that matter). I don't know the council of Dort except I recognize the name. I don't care what they said. They have no authority over my beliefs, nor my constructions that I hold to for now.

Were the scriptures you posted that deserve and answer you think I haven't given, Romans 6:23 and Romans 10:17? If faith is granted, then what is the problem? I've been telling you all along that it was a gift. And, that faith comes by hearing the world of God, I have also been agreeing with. So what is the problem?

None of that addresses the verses posted

Please leave opinion of what I think out of it

What is required of you is to address the texts posted

Why is it required of me? I have already shown that you do not deal with the my claim that before they can believe, God must transform their heart, raising them from death to life, born again; when they believe, it is because God has enabled them to do so. Even the Arminians agree with this. You do not.

So, every time someone believes (salvifically—not as the proponents of false religion believe in their entities), it is because God has, as you admitted elsewhere, granted it to them to do so: By grace through faith.

Again to grant does not mean to infuse or effectually cause

faith is granted by revelation

given revelation, man may believe

I have posted many verses showing such
You have posted verses showing that men believe through revelation of the Gospel, and I agree with that. How does that mean that they are not given faith by which they believe and are saved?

Almost funny but seeing the seriousness of your error out of respect to you I'll choose not to laugh. Too bad you didn't notice Jesus used other analogies of what a sinner is, such as he called sinners as being sick. Lk 5:31 So what does that do to your cartoon?

To bad too you didn't notice how the Bible uses the term spiritually dead as being merely out of the presence of God and the Prodigal Son parable Lk 15:24 gives one a good picture of it. He was dead and yet he could think, reason and respond. Your cartoon above gives no possibility of that now does it?

Too bad you didn't notice too that Jesus told even some believers that they were dead and needed to wake up and strengthen what remained of their faith. Rev 3:1,2 It didn't mean they were dead, dead as being the same as physical death. Too bad you didn't notice that Paul stated "we are dead to sin" (Col 3:3) which doesn't mean we're not capable of sinning unless you're going to claim that you never do. So consider it's obvious the Apostle Paul's analogy of how he used the word "dead" doesn't agree with yours.
You take a parable for an analogy, and an analogy as being absolutely paralleling in whatever respects suits you to do so. That is a lousy hermeneutic. Then you claim Paul is only making an analogy when he was not. Was God making an analogy to Adam when he said that on the day that he eats of that tree he would surely die?

Your sarcasm, by the way, does nothing to prove your misguided point. What in the world makes you think that I take "we are dead to sin" to mean we never sin?

The scripture have already been posted but do not assume i hold they can believe apart from revelation of the truth or that they may be saved apart from the sacrifice of Christ

John 12:40 (KJV 1900) — 40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

God blinded men to prevent their belief. Why would God blind someone who had no ability to see?

Why prevent from believing those who had no capacity for belief

Luke notes had men not grown hardened they could have believed

Acts 28:27 (KJV 1900) — 27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Jesus clearly states he hides truth for some as otherwise they would repent and be forgiven

Mark 4:10–12 (ESV) — 10 And when he was alone, those around him with the twelve asked him about the parables. 11 And he said to them, “To you has been given the secret of the kingdom of God, but for those outside everything is in parables, 12 so that “ ‘they may indeed see but not perceive, and may indeed hear but not understand, lest they should turn and be forgiven.’ ”

unregenerate men are shown to receive the word with joy and believe

Luke 8:13 (KJV 1900) — 13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

The adversary steals the word away so men will not believe

Luke 8:11–12 (KJV 1900) — 11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. 12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

What need is there to steal away a word which cannot be believed?

John 1:6–7 (KJV 1900) — 6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

John the apostle believes the testimony of John the Baptist is sufficient for faith.

John 5:45–47 (KJV 1900) — 45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. 46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

John 4:39 (KJV 1900) — 39 And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on him for the saying of the woman, which testified, He told me all that ever I did.

How much exegesis is needed to see men believed based upon the woman's testimony

John 17:20 (KJV 1900) — 20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

men will be able to believe based on the apostle's testimony

John 20:31 (KJV 1900) — 31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

The reading of scripture is sufficient for belief

2 Timothy 3:15 (NIV) — 15 and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 3:4–11 (NIV) — 4 In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5 which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets. 6 This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus. 7 I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God’s grace given me through the working of his power. 8 Although I am less than the least of all the Lord’s people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the boundless riches of Christ, 9 and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things. 10 His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, 11 according to his eternal purpose that he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord.

As is the preaching of it.

Romans 10:10–17 (KJV 1900) — 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! 16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? 17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Acts 28:23–24 (KJV 1900) — 23 And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening. 24 And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not.
TLDR

I think our conversation has grown exceedingly repetitive, and I have lost interest.

You have posted verses showing that men believe through revelation of the Gospel, and I agree with that. How does that mean that they are not given faith by which they believe and are saved?
I have posted verses where God or Christ either had to harden men or hide truth to prevent belief. I also posted a verse where faith was temporary. You do not believe god gives temporary faith do you

And as for the other verse nowhere was it claimed God infused or effectually caused faith. Those verses clearly implied man was capable of believing, while the first set showed it

Why is it required of me? I have already shown that you do not deal with the my claim that before they can believe, God must transform their heart, raising them from death to life, born again; when they believe, it is because God has enabled them to do so. Even the Arminians agree with this. You do not.

So, every time someone believes (salvifically—not as the proponents of false religion believe in their entities), it is because God has, as you admitted elsewhere, granted it to them to do so: By grace through faith.
Utter nonsense

the verses I posted where men had to be hardened or have the truth hiden from them so as not to believe refuted your claims

Again granted does not mean what you imagine. Faith is granted by the provision of revelation. And faithis clearly show to procede the life which comes from regeneration

John 20:31 (NASB 2020) — 31 but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that by believing you may have life in His name.

John 5:40 (NASB 2020) — 40 and yet you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

John 5:24–25 (NASB 2020) — 24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, the one who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life. 25 “Truly, truly, I say to you, a time is coming and even now has arrived, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.

John 6:53 (NASB 2020) — 53 So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves.

BTW Calvinism or Arminianism are not the only two options. Arminius was a dutch Calvinist who had problems with a couple of calvinist doctrines.

s

it seems youi did affirmWhy do you insist on that construction. It does not define what I believe. But, again, God does effectually cause absolutely all fact and reality. Deal with it.
Lets see i stated

In case you did not know the council of Dort spoke of infused faith

Article 14 stated, “Faith is a gift of God, not in the sense that it is offered by God for man to choose, but that it is in actual fact bestowed on man, breathed and infused into him. Nor is it a gift in the sense that God bestows only the potential to believe, but then awaits assent—the act of believing—from man’s choice; rather, it is a gift in the sense that he who works both willing and acting and, indeed, works all things in all people produces in man both the will to believe and the belief itself.

Effectualy caused faith is common calvinist verbage

please address the remaining verses

Grant does not mean to infuse or effectually cause. The preaching of the word is sufficient to grant faith

Romans 10:14–17 (NASB 2020) — 14 How then are they to call on Him in whom they have not believed? How are they to believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how are they to hear without a preacher? 15 But how are they to preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written: “HOW BEAUTIFUL ARE THE FEET OF THOSE WHO BRING GOOD NEWS OF GOOD THINGS!” 16 However, they did not all heed the good news; for Isaiah says, “LORD, WHO HAS BELIEVED OUR REPORT?” 17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.

as is the writing of it

Clearly there is the implication if they read they might believe

So you do not believe God must infuse or effectually cause it?

You did affirm effectually caused faith so why do you object to what i stated?

That God does not determine all is easy to show

James 1:13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. 14 But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire.

1John 2:16 For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life—is not from the Father but is from the world.

Jer. 32:35 They built the high places of Baal in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, to offer up their sons and daughters to Molech, though I did not command them, nor did it enter into my mind, that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.

Is. 30:1 “Ah, stubborn children,” declares the LORD,
“who carry out a plan, but not mine,
and who make an alliance, but not of my Spirit,
that they may add sin to sin;

Gal. 5:7 You were running well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth? 8 This persuasion is not from him who calls you.

1Cor. 14:33 For God is not a God of confusion but of peace.

1Cor. 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

Rom. 11:23 And even they, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again.

I am a Monergist. I don't claim Calvinism. Whatever ways I resemble them is incidental. I did not learn from them what I believe (nor from the Reformed, for that matter). I don't know the council of Dort except I recognize the name. I don't care what they said. They have no authority over my beliefs, nor my constructions that I hold to for now.
But you did affirmed determination of all things and that is contrary to scripture

Were the scriptures you posted that deserve and answer you think I haven't given, Romans 6:23 and Romans 10:17? If faith is granted, then what is the problem? I've been telling you all along that it was a gift. And, that faith comes by hearing the world of God, I have also been agreeing with. So what is the problem?
The problem is granted does not mean to effectually cause or determine or infuse

faith is granted by the provision of revelation which may or may not be believed

My theology teaches that they were born at enmity with God.

Exactly hardened again the things of God

The scripture however shows

Acts 28:27 (NASB 2020) — 27 FOR THE HEARTS OF THIS PEOPLE HAVE BECOME INSENSITIVE, AND WITH THEIR EARS THEY HARDLY HEAR, AND THEY HAVE CLOSED THEIR EYES; OTHERWISE THEY MIGHT SEE WITH THEIR EYES, AND HEAR WITH THEIR EARS, AND UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEART AND RETURN, AND I WOULD HEAL THEM.” ’

they were hardened in time and not born that way

it also shows had they not grown hardened they could have believed

OTHERWISE THEY MIGHT SEE WITH THEIR EYES, AND HEAR WITH THEIR EARS, AND UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEART AND RETURN, AND I WOULD HEAL THEM

Unless I have confused you with someone else, you already admitted that God hardened them, including scripture passages to that effect, in past arguments to claim those texts as evidence that if God hardened them they were able to have faith before that.

There is nothing there to say they could have. Only something to say it was prevented them. You have inferred what is not implied.
sorry that is clearly denial

You take a parable for an analogy, and an analogy as being absolutely paralleling in whatever respects suits you to do so.
You're projecting. The story of the prodigal son was crystal clear what it meant and it certainly didn't even come close to what Calvinists would say. It revealed what the Father being compared to God would do and not do. In fact Calvinists probably don't like the Prodigal Son story the way Jesus told it for they'd have the Father go out and impart an irresistible force on the wayward Son making him come home. We see no such thing but rather see the opposite. The Son is left to think, and reason and decide for himself.
Then you claim Paul is only making an analogy when he was not.
And to the readers what I've said is when Paul stated we are dead to sin it certainly doesn't mean we as Christians are not capable of sinning. I pointed this out to show when Calvinists use the word dead (talking about spiritual death) your side of things (not you personally) come up with silly cartoons of tombstones to imply spiritually dead cannot think, reason and function on any level and that's not what Paul meant or stated in the scriptures.

You're projecting. The story of the prodigal son was crystal clear what it meant and it certainly didn't even come close to what Calvinists would say. It revealed what the Father being compared to God would do and not do. In fact Calvinists probably don't like the Prodigal Son story the way Jesus told it for they'd have the Father go out and impart an irresistible force on the wayward Son making him come home. We see no such thing but rather see the opposite. The Son is left to think, and reason and decide for himself.

And to the readers what I've said is when Paul stated we are dead to sin it certainly doesn't mean we as Christians are not capable of sinning. I pointed this out to show when Calvinists use the word dead (talking about spiritual death) your side of things (not you personally) come up with silly cartoons of tombstones to imply spiritually dead cannot think, reason and function on any level and that's not what Paul meant or stated in the scriptures.
That’s exactly what they teach from the pulpit to the forums. It’s Calvinism 101. Their doctrine of TD and regeneration hinges on that concept of dead. The T, U and I in tulip are essential with that understanding of dead. Without it those all come tumbling down as doctrines.

I have posted verses where God or Christ either had to harden men or hide truth to prevent belief. I also posted a verse where faith was temporary. You do not believe god gives temporary faith do you

And as for the other verse nowhere was it claimed God infused or effectually caused faith. Those verses clearly implied man was capable of believing, while the first set showed it
Mans heart by nature is already blind to the truth and love darkness rather than light, however when it is said God hardens their heart thats Gods righteous Judgment, that's His positive righteous Judgment, meaning they will never, ever believe the Truth, He sends them strong delusions to believe lies 2 Thess 2

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

These folks unfortunately were never of Gods Beloved Elect which are Identified in Vs 13 of the same passage

Jesus had stated all along that He came to make some blind Jn 9:39

39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

Now by nature these blind jews were already blind, but they thought they could see, because they be of Abraham seed physically, but Jesus came to blind them, confirm them in their blindness, they will never see.

But Praise to His Mercy, their are some who are by nature blind, but Jesus will reverse it so that they might see !

So your argument is worthless since you dont perceive the ways of God !

Technically, faith comes by hearing, and hearing [comes by] the word of Christ. The difference is significant. You can preach the word of God until you're blue in the face, but unless God gives the audience hearing, it will just be babble to them.

Technically, faith comes by hearing, and hearing [comes by] the word of Christ. The difference is significant. You can preach the word of God until you're blue in the face, but unless God gives the audience hearing, it will just be babble to them.
Many verses were posted showing mans ability to believe which your theology cannot answr

I only post some

John 12:40 (KJV 1900) — 40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

God blinded men to prevent their belief. Why would God blind someone who had no ability to see?

Why prevent from believing those who had no capacity for belief

Luke notes had men not grown hardened they could have believed

Acts 28:27 (KJV 1900) — 27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Jesus clearly states he hides truth for some as otherwise they would repent and be forgiven

Mark 4:10–12 (ESV) — 10 And when he was alone, those around him with the twelve asked him about the parables. 11 And he said to them, “To you has been given the secret of the kingdom of God, but for those outside everything is in parables, 12 so that “ ‘they may indeed see but not perceive, and may indeed hear but not understand, lest they should turn and be forgiven.’ ”

unregenerate men are shown to receive the word with joy and believe

Luke 8:13 (KJV 1900) — 13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

@TomL

I only post some

Look at Vs 39 right before it

39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,

Do they have the ability to believe ?

@TomL

Look at Vs 39 right before it

39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,

Do they have the ability to believe ?
Duh they had to be hardened so they could not believe

otherwise

John 12:40 (ESV) — 40 “He has blinded their eyes and hardened their heart, lest they see with their eyes, and understand with their heart, and turn, and I would heal them.”

Duh they had to be hardened so they could not believe

otherwise

John 12:40 (ESV) — 40 “He has blinded their eyes and hardened their heart, lest they see with their eyes, and understand with their heart, and turn, and I would heal them.”
Do they have the ability to believe according to Jn 12:39

39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again, Yes or No ? Can they use their freewill ability to believe ?

Back
Top Bottom