Refuting effectually caused faith

It is of faith that it may be by Grace !

Rom 4:16

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Religionist have it backwards, they suppose when they exercise human faith God in turns rewards them with Grace, however the Truth is, Grace causes the Faith in which the regenerated sinner believes in Christ, hence the regenerated believes because of or through Grace as it is stated plainly here Acts 18:27

27 And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:

Now Apollos wanted to go to the country of Southern Greece, so the believers helped him. They wrote a letter to the followers there, asking them to accept him. These followers had believed in Jesus because of God’s grace. When Apollos went there, he helped them very much. ICB

And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others. But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus . . . For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves (notice that the immediate antecedent of the “that” is “faith”); it is the gift of God. Ephesians 2:1–8

Faith itself is a gift that is given, and it is engendered in us by regeneration. It is not that the Holy Spirit drags people kicking and screaming against their will to come to Christ. The Holy Spirit changes the inclination and disposition of our hearts so that, while we were previously unwilling to embrace Christ, now we are willing—and more than willing. So, we aren’t dragged to Christ; we run to Christ, and we embrace Him joyfully because the Spirit has changed our hearts. Taking away our hearts of stone and giving us a heart of flesh that has a god-shaped hole it. Jesus mends that hole by putting himself in it.

And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others. But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus . . . For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves (notice that the immediate antecedent of the “that” is “faith”); it is the gift of God. Ephesians 2:1–8

Faith itself is a gift that is given, and it is engendered in us by regeneration. It is not that the Holy Spirit drags people kicking and screaming against their will to come to Christ. The Holy Spirit changes the inclination and disposition of our hearts so that, while we were previously unwilling to embrace Christ, now we are willing—and more than willing. So, we aren’t dragged to Christ; we run to Christ, and we embrace Him joyfully because the Spirit has changed our hearts. Taking away our hearts of stone and giving us a heart of flesh that has a god-shaped hole it. Jesus mends that hole by putting himself in it.
Nope faith precedes regeneration

John 20:31 (KJV 1900) — 31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

John 6:53 (KJV 1900) — 53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

I'm sorry but your statement are just silly diversions.

Now back to what you said you do or are willing to do.. Are you willing to take by faith the simple statement in Jer 7:31 where it talks about some bad things that occurred that he never commanded it (or ordained it) and that the thought never even entered into his mind to do so?

Is that a YES or a NO?

It is you who said you'd take by faith the clear thing he stated and not question it. OK then ....you're on.....demonstrate your sincerity. All you have to do is step up to the plate and acknowledge yes I see God said certain bad things he never commanded or ordained and it didn't even enter him mind to do so.

And don't run off talking now about shrimp or pork like you did in the last post. Just say what you said you'd do....TAKE BY FAITH what he said and not be willing to deny it. And remember....all it takes is ONE TIME (like we see in Jer 7:31) where God said he didn't ordain something and your whole Calvinistic philosophy collapses. How about for your sake that you just let it do so.
ditto

@Biblelesson

Faith itself is a gift that is given, and it is engendered in us by regeneration. It is not that the Holy Spirit drags people kicking and screaming against their will to come to Christ. The Holy Spirit changes the inclination and disposition of our hearts so that, while we were previously unwilling to embrace Christ, now we are willing—and more than willing.

Exactly Ps 110:3

3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

@Biblelesson

Exactly Ps 110:3

3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.
Actually faith precedes regenerative life

John 20:31 (KJV 1900) — 31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

John 5:40 (KJV 1900) — 40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Acts 11:18 (KJV 1900) — 18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Acts 11:18 (KJV 1900) — 18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.
You have been shown the Truth, but you reject it. I have given you long explanations with scripture and so has others.

Faith or the Believing in Salvation is a product of power of God, its in fact the same power that raised up Jesus from the Dead, Resurrection Power Eph 1:18-20

18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

Paul called this the Power of His Resurrection Phil 3:10

That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

Its by this Resurrection Power that the elect are begotten again 1 Pet1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

You have been shown the Truth, but you reject it. I have given you long explanations with scripture and so has others.
Sorry you avoided the truth and posted your theology

the truth refutes your theology

Faith or the Believing in Salvation is a product of power of God, its in fact the same power that raised up Jesus from the Dead, Resurrection Power Eph 1:18-20

18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

Paul called this the Power of His Resurrection Phil 3:10

That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

Its by this Resurrection Power that the elect are begotten again 1 Pet1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
One small problem the verse does not say to make us believe

You read that into the passage when it simply speaks of the great power available to those who believe

One small problem the verse does not say to make us believe

You read that into the passage when it simply speaks of the great power available to those who believe
yes belief/faith is always mans responsibility- they must choose to believe or remain in unbelief- thats on man, not God. they choose by their own volition to believe the gospel or reject the gospel.

Sorry you ran from truth

Sorry you ran from truth

You have been shown the Truth, but you reject it. I have given you long explanations with scripture and so has others. For Faith, believing is effectually caused by Grace Acts 18:27
And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through[because of] grace

You have been shown the Truth, but you reject it. I have given you long explanations with scripture and so has others. For Faith, believing is effectually caused by Grace Acts 18:27
And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through[because of] grace
Sorry you ran from truth and posted your theology instead

One believes by means of grace; therefore, subjective grace must be within before he can believe ! Thats the Spirit of Grace in Regeneration

faith precedes regenerative life

faith precedes regenerative life

And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through[because of] grace. Trusting in Christ for Salvation is to the praise of His Glory, not the will of man, be careful before you find yourself trying to take Glory from Christ and attribute it to man Eph 1:12-13

12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Back
Top Bottom