Praying to Jesus

The Him in Romans 10:11 refers to Jesus.
The Lord and the Him in Romans 10:12 refers to Jesus.
The Lord in Romans 10:13 refers to Jesus.
The Him (used twice) in Romans 10:14 refers to Jesus.
The use of 'sent' in Romans 10:15 refers to Jesus.

Are you serious man? Paul quoted several Old Testament verses here. Look at who the name of the Lord is to call on to be saved.

Step 1:

The cornerstone is not YHWH.

Isaiah 28
16So this is what the Lord GOD says:
“See, I lay a stone in Zion,
a tested stone,
a precious cornerstone,
a sure foundation;
the one who believes will never be shaken.

Step 2:

YHWH is the one to call on to be be saved.

Joel 2
32And everyone who calls on the name of the LORD
will be saved;
for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem
there will be deliverance, as the LORD has promised,
among the remnant called by the LORD.

YHWH is God in Scripture. Jesus isn't. You can't see this yet. Read it several times and look up the verses from the OT.
Again ignoring the New Testament

I have stated it multiple times

New testament writers went out of their way to attribute to Christ titles and function which are only attribured to YHWH in the old testament

You have ignored this

Romans 10:9–13 (KJV 1900) — 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

in Context lord here is the lord Jesus who we call on for salvation. There is no other name by which we can be saved Acts 4:10-12

BTW the New Testament is clear Christ is the cornerstone

You see how the New Testament writer apply to Jesus what is attributed to YHWH in the Old Testament

Ephesians 2:20 (KJV 1900) — 20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Acts 4:11–12 (NASB 2020) — 11 He is the STONE WHICH WAS REJECTED by you, THE BUILDERS, but WHICH BECAME THE CHIEF CORNERSTONE. 12 And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among mankind by which we must be saved.”

You have consistently ignore this and argued apart fromn the New testament

thus begging the question

BTW The New Testament calls Jesus God

If I do not see your denial it is because the New Testament does not teach it.

Joel 2:32 is 100% speaking of the Son as Paul declares He is the One Lord ( YHWH) one must confess to be saved. Roman’s 10:9-13.

To Confess

NT:3670 ‎o(mologe/w ‎homologeo (hom-ol-og-eh'-o);

Strong's Concordance

homologeó: to speak the same, to agree

Original Word: ὁμολογέω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: homologeó
Phonetic Spelling: (hom-ol-og-eh'-o)
Definition: to speak the same, to agree
Usage: (a) I promise, agree, (b) I confess, (c) I publicly declare, (d) a Hebraism, I praise, celebrate.

3670 homologéō (from 3674 /homoú, "together" and 3004 /légō, "speak to a conclusion") – properly, to voice the same conclusion, i.e. agree ("confess"); to profess (confess) because in full agreement; to align with (endorse)

Joel 2:32
32 "And it will come about that whoever calls on the name of the Lord
Will be delivered;
For on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem There will be those who escape,
As the Lord has said,
Even among the survivors whom the Lord calls.

Here we see Paul quote this OT passage about YHWH and apply it to Jesus who is the one and only Lord according to the N.T

Rom 10:9-13
9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, "WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED." 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; 13 for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

So a person must confess Jesus is YHWH(Lord) to be saved. Confess means to agree with so the person confessing Jesus is Lord is in agreement that He is YHWH. Whoever will call upon the name of the Lord ( YHWH) will be saved.

hope this helps!!!
No. You confess Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God (YHWH) raised him from the dead to be saved. You must also call upon the name of the LORD YHWH to be saved. The cornerstone is the one YHWH laid, the Messiah that YHWH installed. YHWH is Jesus' God and Father. They are in no way the same person.

Psalm 2
6“I have installed My King on Zion,
upon My holy mountain.”
7I will proclaim the decree
spoken to Me by the LORD:
“You are My Son;
today I have become Your Father.

hope this helps!!!!

Again ignoring the New Testament

I have stated it multiple times
Stating the same error will not resolve the error.
New testament writers went out of their way to attribute to Christ titles and function which are only attribured to YHWH in the old testament

You have ignored this

Romans 10:9–13 (KJV 1900) — 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
And... this proves that YHWH and Jesus aren't the same person. For starters, Jesus isn't God in this passage. To Paul and the Jews, God is YHWH. So the Lord Jesus is a different Lord than the Lord YHWH.

Paul quoted verse from the OT clearly showing that Jesus is the cornerstone YHWH laid. So YHWH didn't lay Himself or He would have said that. Therefore, since YHWH isn't the cornerstone then YHWH is the one you must call on to be saved. No where in Scripture does the bible say call on Jesus to be saved because he isn't God.

in Context lord here is the lord Jesus who we call on for salvation. There is no other name by which we can be saved Acts 4:10-12

BTW the New Testament is clear Christ is the cornerstone

You see how the New Testament writer apply to Jesus what is attributed to YHWH in the Old Testament

Ephesians 2:20 (KJV 1900) — 20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Acts 4:11–12 (NASB 2020) — 11 He is the STONE WHICH WAS REJECTED by you, THE BUILDERS, but WHICH BECAME THE CHIEF CORNERSTONE. 12 And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among mankind by which we must be saved.”

You have consistently ignore this and argued apart fromn the New testament

thus begging the question

BTW The New Testament calls Jesus God

If I do not see your denial it is because the New Testament does not teach it.
Perfect, Jesus is the cornerstone and YHWH isn't according to Scripture. I am amazed you can't understand this. Look at it again. I hope this helps man.

Step 1:

Isaiah 28
a tested stone,
a precious cornerstone,
a sure foundation;

Step 2:

Joel 2
will be saved;

Stating the same error will not resolve the error.

So correct your error

You have consistently ignored data contrary to your view

I stated

You have ignored this

And... this proves that YHWH and Jesus aren't the same person. For starters, Jesus isn't God in this passage. To Paul and the Jews, God is YHWH. So the Lord Jesus is a different Lord than the Lord YHWH.
You completely ignored that and ignored the point the passage was quoted for

Jesus is the lord you must call on for salvation

Paul quoted verse from the OT clearly showing that Jesus is the cornerstone YHWH laid. So YHWH didn't lay Himself or He would have said that. Therefore, since YHWH isn't the cornerstone then YHWH is the one you must call on to be saved. No where in Scripture does the bible say call on Jesus to be saved because he isn't God.

Sorry but that is absurd and irrational reasoning

Acts 4:10–12 (NIV) — 10 then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed. 11 Jesus is “ ‘the stone you builders rejected, which has become the cornerstone.’ 12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”

Perfect, Jesus is the cornerstone and YHWH isn't according to Scripture. I am amazed you can't understand this. Look at it again. I hope this helps man.

Step 1:

Isaiah 28
a tested stone,
a precious cornerstone,
a sure foundation;

Step 2:

Joel 2
will be saved;
You are simply in denial

We are not in the old covenant but the New

And the New states

Acts 4:10–12 (NIV) — 10 then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed. 11 Jesus is “ ‘the stone you builders rejected, which has become the cornerstone.’ 12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”

So correct your error

You have consistently ignored data contrary to your view

I stated

You have ignored this

You completely ignored that and ignored the point the passage was quoted for

Jesus is the lord you must call on for salvation

Sorry but that is absurd and irrational reasoning

You are simply in denial

We are not in the old covenant but the New

And the New states

The verses are correct but you're conflating one person with the other. That's a serious error. God is not named Jesus, Yeshua, Immanuel, etc in the Bible. Your argument seems to hinge on the word "Lord" which is a title. So you're conflating names of two different persons and titles when there is no relation one to the other.

I still have no idea how you can't understand that. It's a genuine marvel. Let's see if we can get to the root of it.

Why do you think Jesus is YHWH when Jesus is the cornerstone that YHWH laid? How did you get to that conclusion when Jesus' name isn't YHWH and miscellaneous other passages clearly place YHWH and Jesus beside each other and demonstrate they aren't the same person? Psalm 2:7 and Psalm 110:1 for example.

Back
Top Bottom