Jesus the Man Before John !

That the Lord Jesus Christ was a Man before the incarnation and birth out of the virgin Mary, is seen when we carefully weigh the words of John the Baptist here Jn 1:29-31

29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

30 This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me.

31 And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.

Now notice in Vs 30 the phrase "After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me."

The object here is a man, and John states these 3 things about this particular man, That this man comes after him, and is preferred before him, and he [the man] was before him !

Now we know from other scripture that John the Baptist in regards to his physical birth by his Mother, that he is six months older than Jesus and so , in that regard John is not speaking of. Lk 1:34-36

34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.

But John does acknowledge that Jesus Christ was a Man before Him.

In fact, when John said the he was preferred before him, that word is the greek word ginomai and means:

I.
to become, i.e. to come into existence, begin to be, receive being

II.
to become, i.e. to come to pass, happen

John knew that The Man Jesus Christ was that Man of God's Right Hand, the Son of Man Ps 80:17

17 Let thy hand be upon the man of thy right hand, upon the son of man whom thou madest strong for thyself.

Also in connection with that, John knew that Christ, the Man coming as a Bridegroom for His Bride Jn 3:29

He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

Now Jesus was the Man Christ Jesus, the Mediator between God and Men before the foundation 1 Tim 2:5

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Now for this to be True, Adam , who was the beginning of Men, had to have the Man Christ Jesus as the Mediator between God and Men !
Addressing the OP only.... not having read all the replies. but to put an end to this nonsense, "that the Lord Jesus was a man before John 1". well here is the proof that put this thinking to an end, because it is false thinking. Psalms 110:1 "A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool."
Lord here in verse 1 is the Hebrew term,
H113 אָדוֹן 'adown (aw-done') n-m.
אָדֹן 'adon (aw-done') [shortened]
1. sovereign (i.e. controller, human or divine).
2. lord.
{also used as a prefix for names}
[from an unused root (meaning to rule)]
KJV: lord, master, owner.

now this same Lord at the "LORD" right hand, Psalms 110:5 "The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath."
Lord: H136 אֲדֹנָי 'Adonay (ad-o-noy') n-m.
1. (meaning) Lord (used as a proper name of God only).
2. (person) Adonai, The Lord God of Israel (which is actually “Yahweh God of Israel” - see Exodus 5:1 and 120 other occurrences).
[am emphatic form of H113]

KJV: (my) Lord.
Root(s): H113

is not the Lord is Jesus the Christ? and is he not MASTER? now read definition #2. above and right after, (am emphatic form of H113), H113? yes the same Lord in verse 1. now is this a man who is “Yahweh God of Israel” as definition states?

101G.

Did I miss something? Where am I wrong?
Your words

"The book of Hebrews is wrong when it says Jesus was “made like his brothers in every respect”if Jesus knew he was God (Hebrews 2:17). Jesus was not made like other humans in every way if Jesus was 100% God and 100% human at the same time. In fact, he would have been very different from other humans in many respects."

Your words

"The book of Hebrews is wrong when it says Jesus was “made like his brothers in every respect”if Jesus knew he was God (Hebrews 2:17). Jesus was not made like other humans in every way if Jesus was 100% God and 100% human at the same time. In fact, he would have been very different from other humans in many respects."
The book of Hebrews says Jesus was made like other humans in every way. The book of Hebrews is wrong if Jesus is God. The book of Hebrews is not wrong because Jesus is not God. Do you understand my words now?

The book of Hebrews says Jesus was made like other humans in every way. The book of Hebrews is wrong if Jesus is God. The book of Hebrews is not wrong because Jesus is not God. Do you understand my words now?
The reference is to his humanity

And your conclusion is contrary to

John 20:28 (UASV) — 28 Thomas answered and said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

Titus 2:13 (UASV) — 13 Looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,

2 Peter 1:1 (UASV) — 1 Simon Peter, a slave, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who have acquired a faith as precious as ours through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:

John 1:1 (UASV) — 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Addressing the OP only.... not having read all the replies. but to put an end to this nonsense, "that the Lord Jesus was a man before John 1". well here is the proof that put this thinking to an end, because it is false thinking. Psalms 110:1 "A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool."
Lord here in verse 1 is the Hebrew term,
H113 אָדוֹן 'adown (aw-done') n-m.
אָדֹן 'adon (aw-done') [shortened]
1. sovereign (i.e. controller, human or divine).
2. lord.
{also used as a prefix for names}
[from an unused root (meaning to rule)]
KJV: lord, master, owner.

now this same Lord at the "LORD" right hand, Psalms 110:5 "The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath."
Lord: H136 אֲדֹנָי 'Adonay (ad-o-noy') n-m.
1. (meaning) Lord (used as a proper name of God only).
2. (person) Adonai, The Lord God of Israel (which is actually “Yahweh God of Israel” - see Exodus 5:1 and 120 other occurrences).
[am emphatic form of H113]

KJV: (my) Lord.
Root(s): H113

is not the Lord is Jesus the Christ? and is he not MASTER? now read definition #2. above and right after, (am emphatic form of H113), H113? yes the same Lord in verse 1. now is this a man who is “Yahweh God of Israel” as definition states?

101G.
Who is the Man here Ps 80:17

17 Let thy hand be upon the man of thy right hand, upon the son of man whom thou madest strong for thyself.

Who was the appearance of the Man in the furnace with the Three Dan 3 24-25

24 Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonished, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king.

25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

Who was the appearance of the Man in the furnace with the Three Dan 3 24-25

24 Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonished, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king.

25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.
What do you not understand

God is spirit

Psalms 80:17 "Let thy hand be upon the man of thy right hand, upon the son of man whom thou madest strong for thyself."

if you cannot understand clearly from Psalms 110:1, NOW Zechariah 13:7 "Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones."
now who is this FELLOW. it is the Hebrew term,
H5997 עָמִית `amiyth (aw-meeth') n-m.
1. companionship.
2. (hence, concretely) a comrade or kindred man.
[from a primitive root meaning to associate]
KJV: another, fellow, neighbour.

see definition #2 above, "kindred man", who came in flesh..... GOD himself. listen, Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you."

now, who is the one that came and saved us? answer, the KINSMAN REDEEMER, God in flesh, the Lord Jesu. supportive scripture, Revelation 22:16 "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star."
see that term "OFFSPRING" here it is the Greek term,
G1085 γένος genos (ǰe'-nos) n.
kin.
{abstract or concrete, literal or figurative, individual or collective}
[from G1096]
KJV: born, country(-man), diversity, generation, kind(-red), nation, offspring, stock
Root(s): G1096

BINGO, kin. as in KINSman REDEEMER. the Christ to come. this is too easy. yes the MAN that is God fellow in Zechariah 13:7 is the same "Lord" in Psalms 110: and 5 who ia at God right hand, and also in Psalms 80:17....... HELLO, do you understand now?

101G.

The reference is to his humanity

And your conclusion is contrary to

Titus 2:13 (UASV) — 13 Looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,

2 Peter 1:1 (UASV) — 1 Simon Peter, a slave, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who have acquired a faith as precious as ours through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:

John 1:1 (UASV) — 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Thomas could have been referring to two different creatures. “My Lord and my God.” A very likely way to understand John 20:28 is that Thomas had realized the power of God working in Jesus, and in saying “my Lord and my God” he was pointing out that Jesus did, in fact, reveal God in a unique and powerful way. In seeing the resurrected Jesus, Thomas clearly saw both the Lord Jesus, and the God who raised Jesus from the dead, and he stated that fact.

Thomas could have been referring to two different creatures. “My Lord and my God.” A very likely way to understand John 20:28 is that Thomas had realized the power of God working in Jesus, and in saying “my Lord and my God” he was pointing out that Jesus did, in fact, reveal God in a unique and powerful way. In seeing the resurrected Jesus, Thomas clearly saw both the Lord Jesus, and the God who raised Jesus from the dead, and he stated that fact.
Sorry there is absolutely no evidencve of that

John 20:28–29 (NASB 2020) — 28 Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” 29 Jesus said to him, “Because you have seen Me, have you now believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed.”

Thomas was speaking directly to Christ and Christ then commends him

Sorry there is absolutely no evidencve of that

John 20:28–29 (NASB 2020) — 28 Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” 29 Jesus said to him, “Because you have seen Me, have you now believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed.”

Thomas was speaking directly to Christ and Christ then commends him
Again there's no teaching on the trinity anywhere in the Bible. Not in the Old or New Testament where there's a real teaching. A few paragraphs or a chapter or two. No place because there is no trinity. All you folks put in front of me are half verses scattered all over the place that are twisted or not understood in the culture they were written in.

@101G
the KINSMAN REDEEMER, God in flesh

Yes but He existed before He came in the flesh, Job Testifies to that Job 19:25-26

25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

meaning His origin is from heaven, not this world. the first man came from the dust-this earth.
Right Jesus the Man Mediator His Primary origin is from Heaven, not Marys baby Jn 6 42

And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven?

Jn 6 50,51

This is the bread which cometh down from heaven
, that a man may eat thereof, and not die

Now the Bread is His Flesh

I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Jn 3 13

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he[Man] that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Again there's no teaching on the trinity anywhere in the Bible. Not in the Old or New Testament where there's a real teaching. A few paragraphs or a chapter or two. No place because there is no trinity. All you folks put in front of me are half verses scattered all over the place that are twisted or not understood in the culture they were written in.
Seeing as the bible calls Christ God and the Holy Spirit God in addition to the Father your claim is lacking in veracity

Oh come on you're making that up. There's no such Scripture.
Um that appears to be a bald denial

Back
Top Bottom