Is Jesus the Christ a human Person?

Matthias

“I asked that question of so many of my friends recently, and almost all, save for only one, gave me the wrong answer. Some even became indignant for my even asking the question. Why they became indignant, I have no clue. Nevertheless it is an important question about the person of Jesus the Christ.

1. Is Jesus the Christ a human person?
2. Is Jesus the Christ a Divine person?
3. Is He both?
4. Is He neither?

What answer do you have for each of those four simple questions? … “

(Bob Stanley, “Is Jesus the Christ a Human Person? Think before you answer that question.”)

“I asked that question of so many of my friends recently, and almost all, save for only one, gave me the wrong answer. Some even became indignant for my even asking the question. Why they became indignant, I have no clue. Nevertheless it is an important question about the person of Jesus the Christ.

1. Is Jesus the Christ a human person?
2. Is Jesus the Christ a Divine person?
3. Is He both?
4. Is He neither?

… “

(Bob Stanley, “Is Jesus the Christ a Human Person? Think before you answer that question.”)

Jesus, the Uncreated Word of God, is a God Person. He has both 100% God nature and 100% human nature and He is one of three God Persons of the Holy Trinity.

1. Is Jesus the Christ a human person? Yes or no.
2. Is Jesus the Christ a Divine person? Yes or no.
3. Is He both? Yes or no.
4. Is He neither? Yes or no.

I used this in the classroom setting as an exercise before teaching my students about the doctrine of the Trinity. Very few of my students - who were a mixture of trinitarian and non-trinitarians - answered the question as a trinitarian should.

The failure rate before the instruction was around 90%.

1. Is Jesus the Christ a human person? Yes or no.
2. Is Jesus the Christ a Divine person? Yes or no.
3. Is He both? Yes or no.
4. Is He neither? Yes or no.

I used this in the classroom setting as an exercise before teaching my students about the doctrine of the Trinity. Very few of my students - who were a mixture of trinitarian and non-trinitarians - answered the question as a trinitarian should.

The failure rate before the instruction was around 90%.
No
Yes
No
No- only a Divine Person

My goal in this thread is to reach “trinitarians” who believe Jesus is a human person and people who are contemplating becoming trinitarian.

In order to be or to become a trinitarian, a person has to reject the idea that Jesus is a human person.

“You“ want to be a trinitarian? Then “you” have to know and believe what trinitarianism requires “you” to believe.

ABSOLUTELY. Human just like us when he was walking the earth 2000 years ago, and then a "Glorified human" when HE was Ressurected.

And better yet, when WE see Him in Heaven, we will be like Him.

Thanks for your reply. Yours is the answer (about 90 percent of the time) I’ve received when I’ve asked trinitarians this question.

Perhaps @civic will explain to you why this isn’t possible in trinitarian theology.

Last edited:
(Chuckle!!!) "trinitarian theology" doesn't mean SPIT. it's only "theology" after all.

God is ONE: "Father", "Son", and "Holy Spirit". You can see 'em all in action at John's Baptism of Jesus.

“Trinitarian theology doesn’t mean spit.”

* Now that’s not something you hear every day from a trinitarian.*

I don’t disagree with you but I’m approaching the subject from the perspective of trinitarianism.

Theology does not save , a personal relationship with Christ saves one from their sins from the new birth. Bob or my beliefs on Christs 2 natures are not saivific. No one has 100% perfect knowledge when it comes to Gods nature of Christs nature. We are not saved because we pass a theological test.

Theology does not save , a personal relationship with Christ saves one from their sins from the new birth. Bob or my beliefs on Christs 2 natures are not saivific. No one has 100% perfect knowledge when it comes to Gods nature of Christs nature. We are not saved because we pass a theological test.

You know that trinitarianism teaches that Jesus isn’t a human person. Do you know why that’s what trinitarianism teaches? Are you able to explain it?

I don’t know if @Bob Carabbio self-identifies as a trinitarian or not. What I do know is that he believes trinitarian theology doesn’t mean spit.

Read my threads in Christology where they are explained along with the Trinity section.

I don’t question Bobs salvation. His beliefs are between himself and God. I’ve know Bob a long time. The same with @dizerner. We disagree on some things but they are not salvific. All of us can believe wrong things and be saved.

Back
Top Bottom