Introducing the Son of (his) Father God - John 1:18, 20:17b

APAK

Scripture clearly describes that the Son of the Father God as a created human being who was raised to glory into heaven by his Father, who is his God and ours.

This thread is created to not only show and reveal the Son of God, to also provide a self-help Bible Study of him, his person his works and nature in relationship to us and his Father.

I will maintain a running summary of the scripture used in this thread in tabular form. as a list

No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he has made Him known.
I ascend to my Father and your Father, and to my God and your God. (NEV)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blessings to all, whether one embarks of this trek of study or not...

APAK

He (Son of God) was raised to become the word and power of his Father God on his royal throne in heaven

Referenced scripture: Hebrews 1:1-14

When The Father God spoke of his Son's new position and role in heaven he used language fitting for it.

(Heb 1:1) God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets,
(Heb 1:2) has in these last times spoken to us in the Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, on account of whom also He structured the ages.
(Heb 1:3) Who being the brightness of His glory and the exact image of His person, upholds all things by the word of his power. When he had accomplished the purification of sins, he then sat down on the right hand of the Majesty in Heaven.
(Heb 1:4) He thus became so much better than the angels, as he has inherited a more excellent name than they.
(Heb 1:5) For to which of the angels said He at any time: You are my Son, this day have I begotten you? And again: I will be to him a Father and he shall be to me a Son?
(Heb 1:6) And again, when He brings the firstborn into the world He says: And let all the angels of God worship him.
(Heb 1:7) And of the angels He says: Who makes His angels winds, and His servants a flame a fire.
(Heb 1:8) But of the Son He said: Your throne, O Mighty One, is for ever and ever, and the sceptre of your kingdom is a sceptre of uprightness.
(Heb 1:9) You have loved righteousness and hated iniquity; therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness above your fellows.
(Heb 1:10) And: You, Lord, in the beginning did lay the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the works of Your hands.
(Heb 1:11) They shall perish, but You continue; and they all shall wear out as does a garment,
(Heb 1:12) and like a cloak You shall roll them up as a garment, and they shall be changed; but You are the same and Your years are without end.
(Heb 1:13) But of which of the angels has He said at any time: Sit on my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet?
(Heb 1:14) Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to do service for the sake of those that shall inherit salvation?
-----------------------------------------------------------

Verse 1 Speaks to the Father God speaking alone, and to the fathers of Abraham using the prophets as his agents and voice/word) in the past.

Verse 2 Then the Father God says this all changed. Since the last days, or since the Son was anointed, he now speaks by/through his Son who has great authority during the ages to come that the Father created.

Verse 3: The Son who is the bright light (beacon) of the Father's glory and his exact image, now maintains the world and other things in it by the word of the Father and his Spirit. And when the Son completed his mission to the Cross he then was placed with the full power of the Spirit of his Father, in heaven.

Verse 4: The Son became much greater than any angel and he inherited so much more than any of them.

Verse 5: The Father did not say of any angel, only to the Son, You are my Son and this day I created you. And he is his Father as the Son, his Father.

Verse 6: And when the Son was born, he announced that all angels of the Father worship him as the direct result of what/who the Father had created; for his own special purpose, and for us to restore us.

Verse 7: The Father God then speaks of how he used the angels in the past, as natural symbols, as the winds and flames of fire to represent him.

Verse 8: But for the Son, the Father now represented him quite differently. He gave his Son his throne to share that he shall use throughout the ages, and also the Father's Kingdom because of his righteousness.

Verse 9: Because of the Son's love for righteousness and hatred of sin and evil the Father God chose and anointed him above all other human men.

Verse 10: And then as a reminder once again, to make the point very clear, the Father God is the only Almighty and Supreme one, as he in the beginning of time and creation formed the earth and the heavens in the sky and the universe as his own personal works.

Verse 11 and 12 : And further, that his creation shall wear, age and die, except for those humans who he will transform into a new life, from decay and death into immortality. And that the Father never changes from eternity past into the future. He does not transform into anything at all, and always stays the same spirit and the same invisible form. He cannot become as part of his creation. It's impossible!

Verse 13 and 14: And the Father said, of which angel or angels did he give the right to sit on my throne in heaven? None, because they are meant to be as ministering spirits for those humans being saved or inherited salvation to this new life in the Kingdom of the Father.

----------------------------------

Claim: The Son of God did not pre-exist before his birth, he is not eternal or not God....

Micah 5:2 has been used by Trinitarians to show the opposite, by deliberately misinterpreting it either through ignorance or deliberate dishonesty, honing in on an expression they do not understand.

(Mic 5:2) But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, being small among the clans of Judah, out of you one will come forth to Me that is to be the ruler in Israel; whose goings forth are from of old, from everlasting.
(Mic 5:3) Therefore He will abandon them until the time that she who is in labor gives birth. Then the rest of his brothers will return to the children of Israel.
(Mic 5:4) He shall stand, and shall shepherd in the strength of Yahweh, in the majesty of the name of Yahweh his God: and they will live, for then he will be great to the ends of the earth. (NEV)

Verse 2 must not be interpreted as a stand-alone verse or isolation of others. The context and understanding of it are written in the next couple verses.

Jesus’ birth and his life born in Bethlehem was known from ancient times; ‘whose going forth are from old,’ from before the start of creation, in God’s mind or word, besides being known since the days of King David.

Jesus came from the smallest and insignificant of villages in Judah - became the true ruler of Israel. Incidentally, King David was also born there.

The expression ‘whose going forth are from old,’ does not mean Jesus was alive in eternity past, before creation, or even existing is some other form before he was born.

The expression ‘whose going forth’ can also be translated as ‘whose going out.’ Or whose origin(s) are (KNOWN) from old.’

Another way of stating this portion of verse 2: Whose human birth (coming out of the womb), his place of origin, his beginning, Jesus being born out of Bethlehem, was known from ancient times by God and at least from King David’s time.

Jesus’ birthplace Bethlehem, the future ruler of Israel was already known by many!

Claim: The Son of God did not pre-exist before his birth, he is not eternal or not God....

Micah 5:2 has been used by Trinitarians to show the opposite, by deliberately misinterpreting it either through ignorance or deliberate dishonesty, honing in on an expression they do not understand.

(Mic 5:2) But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, being small among the clans of Judah, out of you one will come forth to Me that is to be the ruler in Israel; whose goings forth are from of old, from everlasting.
(Mic 5:3) Therefore He will abandon them until the time that she who is in labor gives birth. Then the rest of his brothers will return to the children of Israel.
(Mic 5:4) He shall stand, and shall shepherd in the strength of Yahweh, in the majesty of the name of Yahweh his God: and they will live, for then he will be great to the ends of the earth. (NEV)

Verse 2 must not be interpreted as a stand-alone verse or isolation of others. The context and understanding of it are written in the next couple verses.

Jesus’ birth and his life born in Bethlehem was known from ancient times; ‘whose going forth are from old,’ from before the start of creation, in God’s mind or word, besides being known since the days of King David.

Jesus came from the smallest and insignificant of villages in Judah - became the true ruler of Israel. Incidentally, King David was also born there.

The expression ‘whose going forth are from old,’ does not mean Jesus was alive in eternity past, before creation, or even existing is some other form before he was born.

The expression ‘whose going forth’ can also be translated as ‘whose going out.’ Or whose origin(s) are (KNOWN) from old.’

Another way of stating this portion of verse 2: Whose human birth (coming out of the womb), his place of origin, his beginning, Jesus being born out of Bethlehem, was known from ancient times by God and at least from King David’s time.

Jesus’ birthplace Bethlehem, the future ruler of Israel was already known by many!
Unitarians are a funny bunch. They avoid solid verses like John 1:3 hoping that they can get away with attacking less obvious verses. Let's look at John 1:3.

(John 1:3) All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

Everything (the entire universe) was made/created by the Word (Jesus). So if Jesus was created/not eternal then He would have had to create Himself. Back to the drawing board for unitarians.

Unitarians are a funny bunch. They avoid solid verses like John 1:3 hoping that they can get away with attacking less obvious verses. Let's look at John 1:3.

(John 1:3) All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

Everything (the entire universe) was made/created by the Word (Jesus). So if Jesus was created/not eternal then He would have had to create Himself. Back to the drawing board for unitarians.
Slow down a bit I have not got to that mess you call solid verses fabricated by Trinitarians. I know it your touchstone and the idol portion of scripture.

And these comments I make from scripture are not Unitarian view first. They are truly monotheistic and scriptural views.

Scripture clearly describes that the Son of the Father God as a created human being

Before Jesus was God in the Flesh, He was :

"Let US make man in OUR image"

See the "Us and the OUR"?

That is 2, who are one. or as Jesus told you..."i and my Father are ONE"
And as Jesus told you..

"if you have seen ME, you have seen the Father'.

The Father and the pre-incarnate Son". are God and Word, as One.

Verse 10: And then as a reminder once again, to make the point very clear, the Father God is the only Almighty and Supreme one, as he in the beginning of time and creation formed the earth and the heavens in the sky and the universe as his own personal works.

The "Lord" in Hebrews 1:10 is in reference to Jesus.

BDAG (3rd Edition): κύριος is also used in ref. to Jesus...Hb 1:10 (cp. Ps 101:26) (kyrios)

Hebrews 1:10 is included here because even those who deny the Lord Jesus is God disagree with one another as to whom the "Lord" refers to in this passage:

Last edited:
The "Lord" in Hebrews 1:10 is in reference to Jesus.

BDAG (3rd Edition): κύριος is also used in ref. to Jesus...Hb 1:10 (cp. Ps 101:26) (kyrios)

Hebrews 1:10 is included here because even those who deny the Lord Jesus is God disagree with one another as to whom the "Lord" refers to in this passage:
Yes, that is your view and from you source(s). Have you actually read all the verses 1-14 together, to see the logic and the flow and that verse 10 cannot be about Christ? It just would not make any sense at all.

Let me briefly explain it:

These verses are not about the Son creating anything, only that he was given things...raised to glory. This is the sense of what the writer spoke to his audience about, all about the Father God's actions on and for our salvation through his Son on his throne today..

These verses depict what the Father did for his Son over the angels and other men.

Genesis is included here in verse 10 as a backdrop and to really contrast what the Father made at the beginning versus what he now created through his Son, as a new creation, the first raised from the dead to glory, and now his believers. This is the main point of these verses collectively.

The Father's Genesis creation work decays and dies and not him of course, he never changes even his form.

Now with his Son, his 'new' creation and creative work will live on, in immortality. The Father gave his Son - blessings, glory (immortality) and power over all except himself of course. This new creation and creature is a much better creation than Genesis and it is above all perfect;' like the Law was imperfect for salvation, and grace and the word of the Father, and the power of his Spirit made it perfect through his Son.

Verses 10, 11 and 12 work together to form one main thought as you can see. If you single out verse 10 as Christ's action then verses 11 and 12 do not make any sense at all and need to be deleted or modified. And that is not going to happen.

These verses are not about the Son

The "son" was the virgin born Jesus, who came as a suffering Messiah.

So, prior to this incarnation, Jesus was "And the Word, was God".

See, Jesus, the man, is the "Word, made Flesh".

= Before He was a man, He was.."And the WORD was God".

Yes, that is your view and from you source(s). Have you actually read all the verses 1-14 together, to see the logic and the flow and that verse 10 cannot be about Christ? It just would not make any sense at all.

Sure it would, He is "Lord" (YHWH).

The previous verses are in direct reference to the Son (1:1-9).
Verses 10 to 13 continue to refer to Him.

Sure it would, He is "Lord" (YHWH).

The previous verses are in direct reference to the Son (1:1-9).
Verses 10 to 13 continue to refer to Him.
What Fred, verses 1-9 is about Christ and not really about his Father, wow. Just look at verses 1 and 2 for goodness sake..did Christ use the prophets to speak through? ..this is so far out. What scriptures are you using?

I see we are miles apart on this and many other things...good luck with this thought. You must know it does not make any sense at all...

You will disagree of course and you cannot explain it to me of course, as I have kindly done for you....par for the course.

It is always a one way traffic form of communication with most Trinitarians where I explain my reasoning even with commentary and in context ,in good faith and to share, and you cannot. You just state a cryptic few words in return.

Yours is typical answer of Trinitarians who cannot for their life explain their view further that a short statement and a list of verses.

What Fred, verses 1-9 is about Christ and not really about his Father, wow.

a. The Father spoke through the Son, who was involved with the creation (v. 2)
b. Verse 3 - about the Son
c. Verse 4 - about the Son
d. Verse 5 - about the Son

v. 6 - the same - the created angels know who their Creator is to whom they worship - only God is to be worshiped.
v. 8- the same - The Son is "God" in that He is YHWH (cf. v. 10)
v. 9 - the same
v. 10 - the same

Prove what is written above to be in error.

Last edited:
a. The Father spoke through the Son, who was involved with the creation (v. 2)
b. Verse 3 - about the Son
c. Verse 4 - about the Son
d. Verse 5 - about the Son

v. 6 - the same - the created angels know who their Creator is to whom they worship - only God is to be worshiped.
v. 8- the same - The Son is "God" in that He is YHWH (cf. v. 10)
v. 9 - the same
v. 10 - the same

Prove what is written above to be in error.
Ok, the last time I will dance on these verses as I need to move on Fred...

Oh no Fred, you need to prove you are right not that you are wrong, because your view on the surface does not even pass a basic logic test from even a casual observer, and even from another planet dweller who can read scripture at least.

Verses 1-14 is the current point of study if you have forgotten already. I see you have gone way beyond this portion of scripture. Out of bounds.

Your verse 2 does not even register as a thought here whether plausible or not. So that must be deleted right off the bat. It is soundly about the Father God and no one else.

Verse 3-5 are about the Son indeed.,,agreed. And not only just him of course. That's all I will agree in with your post.

v6 is also about the Son, and your managed to add words that need to be deleted because the verse does not speak to them at all. The word 'worship' is used for the Son as the Father created him and he must be worshipped in this light as his Son, period. And without getting carried away with extraneous thoughts. Not complicated. Any extraneous thoughts is deemed n/a.

In your v8 response there are no words in this verse that would amount to what it explicitly or implicitly states. It speak only to how the Father treated his Son....Nothing else. So your imaginary thought here must be n/a. And you are really desperate to even make a x-ref for this non-thought in verse 8 with v10. This is too funny Fred. Trying desperately to make it so I see....

You said v9 and 10 being the same - I do not know what you mean. If you mean it is the same thought as in V8 you are clearly wrong and for the same reason I gave for your v8, they both must be counted as n/a

I'm trying to be fair here without adding in or extracting any clear thoughts in these verses, as you are doing.

And in these verses you do not see or believe that the Father God only raised his Son to glory, immortality to be the perfect new creation from the dead for us as we can also be like his Son. That is my hope and my salvation Fred. ...I just do not know what you really believe then...

I need to move on so I'm going to another passage of scripture...soon...thanks for your response.

Ok, the last time I will dance on these verses as I need to move on Fred...

Oh no Fred, you need to prove you are right not that you are wrong,

I already proved the passages I pointed out in my previous post are in reference to Jesus.

Your verse 2 does not even register as a thought here whether plausible or not. So that must be deleted right off the bat. It is soundly about the Father God and no one else.

God the Father and no one else?
Hebrews 1:2
in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.

Verse 3-5 are about the Son indeed.,,agreed. And not only just him of course. That's all I will agree in with your post.

Thus, the Son is being referred to which agrees with what I affirmed.
Next...

v6 is also about the Son,

Clear as day.

The word 'worship' is used for the Son as the Father created him and he must be worshipped in this light as his Son, period.

What hat did you pull that one out from?

In your v8 response there are no words in this verse that would amount to what it explicitly or implicitly states. It speak only to how the Father treated his Son....

His Son.
Thus, the Son is being referred to.

Nothing else.
On and on......

So your imaginary thought here must be n/a. And you are really desperate to even make a x-ref for this non-thought in verse 8 with v10. This is too funny Fred. Trying desperately to make it so I see....

You said v9 and 10 being the same - I do not know what you mean. If you mean it is the same thought as in V8 you are clearly wrong and for the same reason I gave for your v8, they both must be counted as n/a

I'm trying to be fair here without adding in or extracting any clear thoughts in these verses, as you are doing.

And in these verses you do not see or believe that the Father God only raised his Son to glory, immortality to be the perfect new creation from the dead for us as we can also be like his Son. That is my hope and my salvation Fred. ...I just do not know what you really believe then...

I need to move on so I'm going to another passage of scripture...soon...thanks for your response.

This is why I ignore most all of the posts written by those who deny the Lord Jesus is God.
Just more meaningless inane ramblings.
No Greek lexicons, no word comparisons, nothing but madness.
No wonder you took off here:

No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he has made Him known.

Since "they saw the God of Israel" (Exodus 24:10), but it wasn't the Father to whom they had seen (John 6:46), then who did they see?

I already proved the passages I pointed out in my previous post are in reference to Jesus.

God the Father and no one else?
Hebrews 1:2
in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.

Thus, the Son is being referred to which agrees with what I affirmed.
Next...

Clear as day.

What hat did you pull that one out from?

His Son.
Thus, the Son is being referred to.

On and on......

This is why I ignore most all of the posts written by those who deny the Lord Jesus is God.
Just more meaningless inane ramblings.
No Greek lexicons, no word comparisons, nothing but madness.
No wonder you took off here:
Just one comment especially concerning Hebrews 1:2b and that is it for now....

The translation you have for it is in err.

'in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.' is not a correct translation at all.

In verse 1 the Father God spoke through his agents, the prophets, and now when after his Son was born he then spoke to us through him indeed.

And then what is added next, and in the same train of thought is that the Father through his Son made the generations/ages (to come) so his Son would speak through him, in these generations. There is no creating the Genesis world here and especially by the Son. You must think this would be bizarre and it would be.

Fortunately there are much better translations that clears it up. Take a look. And I bet you might know already it does not mean a Genesis creation...

(Heb 1:1-2) God, Who spoke to the fathers at different times in the past and in many ways by the prophets, has spoken to us in these last days by His Son, Whom He has appointed heir of all things, by Whom also He made the ages;(AFV)

(Heb 1:2) has in these last days spoken to us by the Son, whom He has appointed heir of all, through whom also He made the ages,(TS2009)

(Heb 1:2) has at the end of these days spoken to us through a Son, who is the pre-destined Lord of the universe, and through whom He made the Ages. (Weymouth)

(Heb 1:2) has at the end of these days spoken to us through a Son, who is the pre-destined Lord of the universe, and through whom He made the Ages. (WNT)

(Heb 1:2) in these last days did speak to us in a Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He did make the ages; (YLT)

(Heb 1:2) in these last days He spoke to us in the Son, whom He appointed heir of all; through whom He indeed made the ages; (LITV)

(Heb 1:2) in these last days speaks to us in [His] Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom He also made the ages; (LSV)

(Heb 1:2) hath at the end of these *days spoken to us in a Son, whom he appointed heir of all, through whom also he made the ages; (NENT)

(Heb 1:2) has in these last times spoken to us in the Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, on account of whom also He structured the ages. (NEV)

(Heb 1:2) has in these last times spoken unto us by his Son, whom he has appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the ages; (JUB)

(Heb 1:2) But now, at the end of these days, it has come to us through his Son, to whom he has given all things for a heritage, and through whom he made the order of the generations; (BBE)

Since most translators are Trinitarian and believe already without causes, that Jesus was the one who made the original heavens and earth, they translate “ages” as “world” in this verse. But the actual word in the Greek text means “ages,” and it should be translated that way.

Dig this Fred....

If indeed it were through Jesus that the physical world was created, then one of the ways that God spoke in the past was through Jesus. But that would contradict the whole point of the verse, which is saying that God spoke in other ways in the past, but “in these last days” is speaking through the Son....get it!

Since verses 1 and 2 say that it was “God” who spoke through prophets and through His Son, it is clear that Father God is the prime mover and thus different from the Son. Get it! These verses show that the Son is subordinate to God and, as a “mouthpiece” for God, is compared to the prophets.

Get it now!!

The fact that God appointed the Son to be “heir” shows that God and the Son are not equal.

Finally get it Fred!!

in verses 3 and 4. After Christ sat down at the right hand of God, “he became as much superior to the angels” as his name is superior to theirs. “God” has always been superior to the angels. If Christ only became superior after his resurrection, then he cannot be the eternal God. It is obvious from this section of Scripture that “the Man” Christ Jesus was given all authority and made Lord and Christ.

Again, the context dictates that the “ages” being referred to are the ages after Christ’s resurrection. In verse 2, Christ became heir after his resurrection. In verse 3, he then sat at God’s right hand after his resurrection. Verses 5 and 6 also refer to the resurrection. The context makes it clear that God was not speaking through His Son in the past, but that He has spoken “in these last days” through His Son, andgiven form to” the ages through him

The Father God has shaped the ages through his Son Fred!

Get it again. This is scripture logic Fred.

Case closed....moving on...

Since most translators are Trinitarian and believe already without causes, that Jesus was the one who made the original heavens and earth,

In agreement with Hebrews 1:10 in which you are still confused about.

Not "case closed", but your mind is "closed" - you need Jesus, the Creator, to open it (Luke 24:45).

Your longwinded posts cannot mask the deficiency of your doctrine.

@Fred
I was going to move on to new scripture, but I realized that I needed to circle the wagons one more time with some confirmation scripture of who is the Genesis person.

It is from the same author of Hebrews and thus uses the same style of writing and even the same words as you can see here.

(Heb 1:10) And: You, Lord, in the beginning did lay the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the works of Your hands

(Heb 2:5) For not to angels did He subject the world to come, of which we speak.

(Heb 2:6) But one has somewhere testified: What is man, that You are mindful of him? Or the Son of Man, that You visit him?

(Heb 2:7) You made him a little lower than the angels, You crowned him with glory and honour and did set him over the works of Your hands;

(Heb 2:8) You did put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that He subjected all things to him, He left nothing that is not subject to him. But now we do not see all things subjected to him.

So you can see what I'm connecting here, Heb 1:10 and Heb 6-7. The YOU or Your is the Father God and it is confirmed in verse 1:10 and 2:7 that the words 'of Your hands' are present in both verses and thus identifies who is the Genesis creator; the Father God and not his Son as you suggested.

And in Heb 2:7, the 'You' again is the Father God who made his Son ....and then crowned him with glory....

I hope this case is closed by now.

Back
Top Bottom