I'm not ashamed of the gospel

Believing is only a work if you use both sides of your brain simultaneously while jumping up and down, waving your arms shouting Hallelujah.
Certain folks will cite John 6:29 and say, there it is. Believing is a work just like any other work, yet I believe that Jesus was using a play on words here in John 6:29, when He said - "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent," when He answered the Jews (who were taking a legalistic approach) when they asked, "What shall we do, so that we may work the works of God?" Jesus was implying here that believing is just "another" work in a series of works in a quest to receive salvation by works, in contradiction to Ephesians 2:8,9. Through believing, we are completely trusting in "Another's work," (Christ's finished work of redemption - Romans 3:24-28).

Certain folks will cite John 6:29 and say, there it is. Believing is a work just like any other work, yet I believe that Jesus was using a play on words here in John 6:29, when He said - "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent," when He answered the Jews (who were taking a legalistic approach) when they asked, "What shall we do, so that we may work the works of God?" Jesus was implying here that believing is just "another" work in a series of works in a quest to receive salvation by works, in contradiction to Ephesians 2:8,9. Through believing, we are completely trusting in "Another's work," (Christ's finished work of redemption - Romans 3:24-28).
Thanks for sharing that, It's the first time I've ever heard it. But if you read the verse it says "this is the work of God" In other words he did the work and we believe in the results of the work that he did.

That's stupendously false. We choose to believe, He doesn't make us believe. He gave us a free will. If you understand and believe what the Bible says about Jesus, and if you are trusting in those truths as the basis for salvation—you are saved! You “believe in Jesus” in the biblical sense.
You don't understand what Christ being a savior is all about if he didn't apply his work!

So because someone doesn't agree with "TULIP", they don't understand what Christ being their savior is all about? Please don't bother giving me your explanation of what Christ being my savior is all about. I don't need another "TULIP" lesson, I've heard it many times, and it still does not agree with scripture.

So because someone doesn't agree with "TULIP", they don't understand what Christ being their savior is all about? Please don't bother giving me your explanation of what Christ being my savior is all about. I don't need another "TULIP" lesson, I've heard it many times, and it still does not agree with scripture.
correct its the gospel in his system- it replaces the biblical gospel-

its the works written by man gospel.

Its obvious, you dont realize that Christ being a Saviour of His People entails applying Salvation unto them, Duh

You don't understand what Christ being a savior is all about if he didn't apply his work!
That's hilarious! Thanks for the good laugh. :ROFLMAO:

How many times have I heard that one..."You just don't understand."

But just for the sake of discussion who do you think Christ applies his work too? Are we talking about Redemption? Christ is our Redeemer.

That's hilarious! Thanks for the good laugh. :ROFLMAO:

How many times have I heard that one..."You just don't understand."

But just for the sake of discussion who do you think Christ applies his work too? Are we talking about Redemption? Christ is our Redeemer.
His People He came to save Matt 1:21 which is His Church Eph 5:23,25-27

His People He came to save Matt 1:21 which is His Church Eph 5:23,25-27
You mean sinners right? The lost.

For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost. Luke 19:10

“Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance….Just so, I tell you, there is joy before the angels of God over one sinner who repents.” Luke 15:7-10

That was what the incarnation was all about. So if you’re lost and don’t know Jesus, run to him.

This is the gospel that you should be ashamed of. That God has already pre-determined who will go to hell and who will go to heaven but has left us in the dark.

Not only does this stance on salvation and the character of God cross the fence of heresy — it spits in the face of the God of the Bible.

You mean sinners right? The lost.

For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost. Luke 19:10

“Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance….Just so, I tell you, there is joy before the angels of God over one sinner who repents.” Luke 15:7-10

That was what the incarnation was all about. So if you’re lost and don’t know Jesus, run to him.

This is the gospel that you should be ashamed of. That God has already pre-determined who will go to hell and who will go to heaven but has left us in the dark.

Not only does this stance on salvation and the character of God cross the fence of heresy — it spits in the face of the God of the Bible.
Of course, why else would they be saved ? Duh

Of course, why else would they be saved ? Duh
So you're not talking about "The elect"? You just talking about regular sinners liking John 3:16

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Calvinism literally preaches a different gospel. Every person has a load of sins. Unless God had done something to deal with our sins, no one could be born again because our sins block us from God’s life. But that is where the death of Christ comes in. When Jesus died on the cross, He took away that load of sin that barred us from God. This taking away of sin is the removal of sin as a barrier between God and man.

With sins taken away, the issue for the sinner is not how to deal with his own sins, but whether or not he will believe in the Savior who took them away.

If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Romans 10:9

Calvinism literally preaches a different gospel. Every person has a load of sins. Unless God had done something to deal with our sins, no one could be born again because our sins block us from God’s life. But that is where the death of Christ comes in. When Jesus died on the cross, He took away that load of sin that barred us from God. This taking away of sin is the removal of sin as a barrier between God and man.

With sins taken away, the issue for the sinner is not how to deal with his own sins, but whether or not he will believe in the Savior who took them away.

If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Romans 10:9
You calling the Gospel of Gods Grace a false Gospel, not good

The Gospel of Salvation
8First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world. 9For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers; 10making request, if by any means now at length I might have a prosperous journey by the will of God to come unto you.

11For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established; 12that is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me. 13Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren, that oftentimes I purposed to come unto you, (but was let hitherto,) that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among other Gentiles.
Romans 1:1–13

Back
Top Bottom