Do We Believe in "Three Gods" as the Rabbis Claim?!

Johann

DO WE BELIEVE IN "THREE GODS" AS THE RABBIS CLAIM?!
ONE FOR ISRAEL

There’s a rumor going around that the New Testament supposedly teaches a belief in three gods.
To begin with, it’s important to understand that this false rumor does not exist by accident.

It is based on deliberate brainwashing that has been promoted for 2,000 years, and its purpose is to present the New Testament as pagan.

For example, see the false statement of Rabbi Daniel Ballas on the “hidabroot” website, where he claims that believers in Jesus believes there are three different gods: “According to their belief, the creator of the entire universe is nothing but three gods.”

BUT NO, WE ABSOLUTELY DO NOT BELIEVE IN THREE GODS!

God is ONE, as the Prophet Isaiah said: “Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: “I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god.”

Now check this quote out:

“The mystery in the word YHWH: there are three steps, each existing by itself; nevertheless they are One, and are so united that one cannot be separated from the other. The same Holy and Ancient One, appears as three heads within one, and He is the head elevated three times. The Ancient Holy One, described as three and also the other lights, which are delegated from His source are included in the three.”

Sounds like a Christian quote?

Well, it’s NOT….

This is a quote from the most prestigious book in rabbinical mysticism – straight out of the Jewish book of The Zohar.

But wait, there is more….

“Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.”

Did you notice that God’s name appears three consecutive times? The Jewish Zohar explains that the expression “Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one”, is actually three who are one:

“Only through faith, in the vision of the Holy Spirit, the mystery of the audible voice is similar to this, for though it is one, yet it consists of three elements: Fire, air and water.”

The truth is, that the Jewish book of The Zohar goes in great depth into the subject it calls “Haraz de Shlosha” – “The Mystery of the Three”, about the nature of One God with three dimensions\persons.

The Zohar refers to God as to three heads, three spirits, three ways of appearance, three names, and three shades of interpretations that describe the divine nature.

It would be interesting to know if Rabbi Daniel Ballas intends to blame the Jewish book of The Zohar as being a “Pagan Christian” book?
We cannot, and probably should not place God in a lab in an attempt to understand exactly who or what He is. He said in the past: “I am who I am.” And through Isaiah, He said: “My thoughts are not your thoughts.”

If, as human beings, we were able to fully understand God with our human minds, then we probably would not fear Him. We cannot worship a god that our mind is able to fully contain. While we can never fully understand God, it is still possible to find many clues throughout the Hebrew Scriptures (OT) that testify to His character.

To begin with, God is not made of matter, He is abstract. Yet, he can manifest Himself in material forms, whether it’s in the form of a pillar of cloud and a pillar of fire, or as the Angel of God, or in the form of the Messiah. The Hebrew Scriptures describe God as One who sits up above, and at the same time, in the Temple. At the same time, He fills the prophets with His Spirit; and all of this, while His Glory fills the entire universe. Can you see how complex God is in the forms and places in which He manifests?

In Isaiah 48:16, God says:
“Draw near to me, hear this:
from the beginning I have not spoken in secret,
from the time it came to be I have been there;
And now the Lord God has sent me, and His Spirit.”
Is God saying that YHWH sent Him together with His Spirit?

Genesis 1:26: “Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness.”
Does God speak of Himself in plural form?

We can go on and on, and spend long hours quoting more verses throughout the Hebrew Scriptures, the writings of the Jewish sages and of course from the New Testament, that indicate that One God manifests Himself in three different persons. But you already got the idea.

God, who loves the humanity which He created, appeared to us in different persons. One of the forms in which God showed Himself to us, is in the form of the Messiah. He took on flesh, and demonstrated His love for us by suffering with us and for us. He sacrificed His own life on the cross so He could take our sins upon Himself, not so we worship Him out of fear of legalistic religious compulsion, but because we are grateful for His love and for what He has done for us.

imo we should not listen to the rabbis at all.

they did not listen, got cursed,

went into captivity,

and do not accept Christ.

DO WE BELIEVE IN "THREE GODS"
one Lord one faith one baptism there is the Father for God so loved the world he gave HIS only begotten son the son and the Holy Ghost which is the comforter that Jesus sent when he ascended much like the Egg we have the shell the yoke and the egg white all 3 has its purpose as in the Father the son and the Holy Ghost.. which is not 3 gods

ONE FOR ISRAEL

There’s a rumor going around that the New Testament supposedly teaches a belief in three gods.
To begin with, it’s important to understand that this false rumor does not exist by accident.

It is based on deliberate brainwashing that has been promoted for 2,000 years, and its purpose is to present the New Testament as pagan.

For example, see the false statement of Rabbi Daniel Ballas on the “hidabroot” website, where he claims that believers in Jesus believes there are three different gods: “According to their belief, the creator of the entire universe is nothing but three gods.”

God is ONE, as the Prophet Isaiah said: “Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: “I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god.”

“The mystery in the word YHWH: there are three steps, each existing by itself; nevertheless they are One, and are so united that one cannot be separated from the other. The same Holy and Ancient One, appears as three heads within one, and He is the head elevated three times. The Ancient Holy One, described as three and also the other lights, which are delegated from His source are included in the three.”

Well, it’s NOT….

This is a quote from the most prestigious book in rabbinical mysticism – straight out of the Jewish book of The Zohar.

Did you notice that God’s name appears three consecutive times? The Jewish Zohar explains that the expression “Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one”, is actually three who are one:

“Only through faith, in the vision of the Holy Spirit, the mystery of the audible voice is similar to this, for though it is one, yet it consists of three elements: Fire, air and water.”

The truth is, that the Jewish book of The Zohar goes in great depth into the subject it calls “Haraz de Shlosha” – “The Mystery of the Three”, about the nature of One God with three dimensions\persons.

The Zohar refers to God as to three heads, three spirits, three ways of appearance, three names, and three shades of interpretations that describe the divine nature.

It would be interesting to know if Rabbi Daniel Ballas intends to blame the Jewish book of The Zohar as being a “Pagan Christian” book?
We cannot, and probably should not place God in a lab in an attempt to understand exactly who or what He is. He said in the past: “I am who I am.” And through Isaiah, He said: “My thoughts are not your thoughts.”

If, as human beings, we were able to fully understand God with our human minds, then we probably would not fear Him. We cannot worship a god that our mind is able to fully contain. While we can never fully understand God, it is still possible to find many clues throughout the Hebrew Scriptures (OT) that testify to His character.

To begin with, God is not made of matter, He is abstract. Yet, he can manifest Himself in material forms, whether it’s in the form of a pillar of cloud and a pillar of fire, or as the Angel of God, or in the form of the Messiah. The Hebrew Scriptures describe God as One who sits up above, and at the same time, in the Temple. At the same time, He fills the prophets with His Spirit; and all of this, while His Glory fills the entire universe. Can you see how complex God is in the forms and places in which He manifests?

Genesis 1:26: “Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness.”

We can go on and on, and spend long hours quoting more verses throughout the Hebrew Scriptures, the writings of the Jewish sages and of course from the New Testament, that indicate that One God manifests Himself in three different persons. But you already got the idea.

God, who loves the humanity which He created, appeared to us in different persons. One of the forms in which God showed Himself to us, is in the form of the Messiah. He took on flesh, and demonstrated His love for us by suffering with us and for us. He sacrificed His own life on the cross so He could take our sins upon Himself, not so we worship Him out of fear of legalistic religious compulsion, but because we are grateful for His love and for what He has done for us.

No the 3 gods argument is the same strawman the unitarians make against trinitarians.

Yes, I am not comfortable with calling the 3 in the Trinity 'persons', because it easily can follow to the thought or impression of 3 seperate beings, and therefore 3 god's.

I prefer terms like substance or expression. The flaw with these terms is Jesus, the Father and the Holy Spirit are not just 'expressions'.. or 'substances' but I prefer that kind of term over persons ..to get away from the idea of them actually being separated from eachother in the Trinity.

3 persons 1 substance/essence/being.

This is the tried and true formula that weathers the storms.

It is Modalistic thinking to presume separation of persons means separation of beings.

ONE FOR ISRAEL

Well, it’s NOT….

Just an unimportant MINOR issue. the only IMPORTANT issue is the Jewish REJECTION of Jesus' SIN OFFERING that cleanses and REMOVES SIN. Consequently anybody who "Buys into" the Jewish rejection of Jesus, will be hell-bound.

@Johann bro....

Johann, those who call themselves Christians believe in essentially one of the three choices for the one LORD God - YHWH.

1. The most popular - One single triple stack of one type of flavored people
2. One single double stack of one type of flavored people

and 3. The least popular - One single stack of one type of flavored person(al) God,

The rabbi on its surface with a good sense of humor would choose 3.

I also choose 3.

why should any one cast there pearls before the swine with the subject oneness doctrine . it does not line up with scripture . from tongues to water baptism to be saved (y)

I tend to not give heed to Jewish Fables. (Titus 1:14)
1:14 "Jewish myths"

These myths may be connected to Jewish speculation about the genealogy of the Messiah (cf. Titus 3:9; 1 Tim. 1:4; 2 Tim. 4:4). For a good discussion of the differing connotations of "myth" see G. B. Caird, The Language and Imagery of the Bible, pp. 219-242.

"and commandments of men"

This, in context, seems to refer to the Oral Tradition of the Jews, later codified in the Babylonian and Palestinian Talmuds (cf. Isa. 29:13; Mark 7:7-8; Col. 2:16-23).

Did I say-"Read the Talmuds?

1:14 "Jewish myths"

These myths may be connected to Jewish speculation about the genealogy of the Messiah (cf. Titus 3:9; 1 Tim. 1:4; 2 Tim. 4:4). For a good discussion of the differing connotations of "myth" see G. B. Caird, The Language and Imagery of the Bible, pp. 219-242.

"and commandments of men"

This, in context, seems to refer to the Oral Tradition of the Jews, later codified in the Babylonian and Palestinian Talmuds (cf. Isa. 29:13; Mark 7:7-8; Col. 2:16-23).

Did I say-"Read the Talmuds?
I have a hard copy of Cairds book from the 80's. Its a good recommendation. It has a bright yellow cover so it stands out in my library lol.

I have a hard copy of Cairds book from the 80's. Its a good recommendation. It has a bright yellow cover so it stands out in my library lol.
Then you should know we can learn much from rabbinical sources since our Scripture is Jewish-not Western-as we read with an Eastern lens-not West.

An example.

Agree?
J.

Then you should know we can learn much from rabbinical sources since our Scripture is Jewish-not Western-as we read with an Eastern lens-not West.

An example.

Agree?
J.
Good to hear from you again!

The Protestant world is Platonic and Nestorian towards anything physical, such as sacraments.

Good to hear from you again!

The Protestant world is Platonic and Nestorian towards anything physical, such as sacraments.
Good to hear from you @synergy and from you I need a dictionary to look up words-learning as always-

Nes·to·ri·an ne-ˈstȯr-ē-ən. 1. : of or relating to the doctrine ascribed to Nestorius and ecclesiastically condemned in 431 that divine and human persons remained separate in the incarnate Christ. 2.

I am talking here re baptism in the waters of the Mikvah-from a Jewish perspective.
Protestants aren't that bad-are they? Lol!
J.

Galatians 3:20
God is one.
Yes-
However-

The word ehhad is one of the idiosyncrasies of Hebrew and apparently, the original Hebrew word for "one" was ash'tey, but at some point in history, before the Bible was written, the word ash'tey was replaced with the word ehhad, except in some cases when it is attached to the word as'rey to mean "eleven."

But if ash'tey was the original word meaning "one," and the original meaning of ehhad was a "unit," which is "one" part of the whole.

We can also see this through some words that are closely related to ehhad. The verb יחד (Y.HH.D, Strong's #3161) means "to unite" or "to join together." From this verb comes the noun יחד (yahhad, Strong's #3162), meaning "together," and the noun יחיד (yahhiyd, Strong's #3173), meaning "solitary."

Now that we have a better understanding of the Hebrew word ehhad, let's go back and look at the phrase ימים אחדים (yamim ehhadiym) from Genesis 27:44. We already know that the word yamim meant "days," but now we know that ehhadiym is the adjective meaning a "unit." So we can translate this phrase as "a unit of days."

Genesis 11:1 is a very interesting passage in light of this discussion. The King James Version translates this verse as; And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech. The phrase "one language" is שפה אחד (saphah ehhad). The word saphah literally means "lip," but is also used for "language." The word ehhad we know means "unit," but is also used for the number "one." So we can translate this as "one language." Also in this verse is the phrase דברים אחדים (devariym ehhadiym). The word devariym is a plural noun meaning "words" and the word ehhadiym is the adjective meaning "unit," and is written in the plural only because the word it is modifying is in the plural. So we can translate this phrase as "a unit of words."

The reason that I have gone into so much detail on the word ehhad is because of its appearance in two verses.

Hear O Israel, Yahweh is our God, Yahweh is ehhad. (Deuteronomy 6:4)

...in that day Yahweh will be ehhad and his name is ehhad. (Zechariah 14:9)

What does it mean for Yahweh to be ehhad? Yahweh manifests himself in many different ways. He is the cloud that leads the Israelites through the wilderness providing them shade from the hot sun. He is also the fire that leads them providing them with light and heat at night. He is the destroyer and the savior. He is the prosecutor and the defender. Each attribute of Yahweh is a unit, and each unit manifests itself in different ways, but they all work together to form a "unity" in the same way that all the individual units of a bicycle work together in unity, allowing the bicycle to function properly. In Zechariah 14:9 it states that Yahweh's "name is ehhad." The Hebrew word for "name" is שם (shem, Strong's #8034), which has the more Hebraic meaning of "character." Yahweh's "character" is ehhad, meaning that Yahweh will always work in unity with himself. The next time someone asks you what God's name is, you can say, "His name is Ehhad!"

Thought-provoking
J.

Good to hear from you @synergy and from you I need a dictionary to look up words-learning as always-

Nes·to·ri·an ne-ˈstȯr-ē-ən. 1. : of or relating to the doctrine ascribed to Nestorius and ecclesiastically condemned in 431 that divine and human persons remained separate in the incarnate Christ. 2.

I am talking here re baptism in the waters of the Mikvah-from a Jewish perspective.
Protestants aren't that bad-are they? Lol!
J.
They're Platonic as far as considering matter (water, bread) as a non-player in our salvation is concerned. That's why they tend to dismiss baptism's importance. Also, they are Nestorian in that they do not believe matter and Spirit can be combined as in the Burning Bush or as in Christ's clothing during his Transfiguration. That's why they dismiss the Eucharist as just a symbol.

Back
Top Bottom