Are Arminians "works" salvationists?!

Not really-speaking from experience-just hit Crl + F and there you go.
Shalom
The complaint is that my sources is from the Internet-years of carefully researched data.
J.
That also is false as there was no complaint there was a suggestion that you were unwilling to even consider. I guarantee you any other form you go to if you argue with the admin you're going on vacation. I've told you over and over you will not get banned here and yet you insist that we're going to ban you. your not! All we ask for is a little cooperation.

Johann
--and don't troll me.
Where is the restriction? We believe the best way we believe to do this is to copy and paste a paragraph or two. Then put the link. That's called a suggestion not a restriction. You've posted five times that we are restricting you and that's not true that's false we made a suggestion which you are unwilling to consider. If you don't like the rules here leave. And apologies Is not in order in this situation.

Is that really problematic, though?

As you have received Christ Jesus the Lord.... so continue to walk in him?

How is this justification? Also, He didn't really point to "receiving Christ" when he referenced a choice.

I don't believe you both are the same "type" of Arminian. I never really had an issue with your views others than a theologian's fancy with detail.

How is this justification? Also, He didn't really point to "receiving Christ" when he referenced a choice.

I don't believe you both are the same "type" of Arminian. I never really had an issue with your views others than a theologian's fancy with detail.

Okay.

Didn't mean to butt in.

But I think we are continually justified in a sense...

Whether someone actually claim this or not, their beliefs can "add up" to this conclusion.

In my view, there are Arminians that believe repentance is "work". They treat faith as repentance. They believe a "change of mind" involves outward appearance of "good works" which equals repentance.

Repentance is a granted by God and comes through meeting the proper threshold of "belief" in the work of God for humanity. Repentance is a very Holy thing. A point wherein the very mind of God is joined with us in the new birth. In my personal opinion, it corresponds to Divine brokenness.

I came back to this thread from a reference from @dizerner in another thread. I didn't notice that you asked me a question. I got busy and I had so many notification I didn't try to weed through them all. Sorry for the delay.

In response to your comments in another thread. There is no reconciling the book of James with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. James wasn't written by an apostle. Though I believe Truth is found in the book, I do not consider it inspired. Though I wouldn't remove it from my canonical list. I believe it is good way to deal with what it teaches. It expresses a distinctly Jewish misunderstanding of the work of Christ. It tries to blend Grace with works. This is very clear from the words expressed in....Many of our brothers in Christ make mistakes in this same belief. James clearly teaches this..... You can not take the words believe any differently than how they are distinctly expressed.

Jas 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

The answer to James question is YES. Faith does save without works. James appeals to a time in Abraham's life that is around 25 years after Abraham was circumcised and received the "seal" of God.

It is a rather amateurist appeal that rejects Salvation by Faith. Though I believe those that get saved will do good works, it is vitally important how we establish that fact from the Scriptures. "James" gets it very wrong.
This is the brother of Jesus the leader in the church. contemporary of Paul. Maybe ur understanding is flawed if you think he fooled Paul and the Church at Jerusalem.

There is no reconciling the book of James with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. James wasn't written by an apostle. Though I believe Truth is found in the book, I do not consider it inspired.

Wow.... right up there with Luther's epistle of straw.

Crazy.

James has one of the strongest verses in the whole Bible against self-righteousness, if you broke one, you broke them all!

Crazy.

James has one of the strongest verses in the whole Bible against self-righteousness, if you broke one, you broke them all!
Crazy? I've extensively studied the canon. I know the evidence. I base what I say on the evidence. Evidence alone.

Luther wasn't the first to reject James. Even the greatest defenders of James have to admit that James isn't Peter, James or John. In fact, I don't believe most anyone spends much time in its pages other than to defend Arminiasm.

Don't you love how John absolutely adores Jesus Christ? You can feel every word. There is a reason for the difference brother. I stopped trying to tell myself otherwise decades ago.

I don't see a choice here. You actually believe justification in salvation comes from obstaining from homesexual sex? I don't see how that can actually be possible. If this were true, then Christ died in vain.
I'm not sure what you're not seeing a choice between doing what is right in our eyes or trusting in God with all of our heart by doing what is right in His eyes. Refraining from having homosexual sex is an example of how someone can choose to trust God with all of their heart instead of doing what is right in their own eyes.

Our salvation is from sin (Matthew 1:21) and sin is the transgression of God's law (1 John 3:4), so living in obedience to it through faith in Jesus is the content of His gift of saving us from living in transgression of it. For example, honoring our parents through faith in Jesus is the way that he saves us from not honoring our parents, and refraining from having through faith in Jesus is the way that he saves us from having homosexual sex, which has nothing to do with saying that Jesus died in vain. In Titus 2:14, Jesus gave himself to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people of his own possession who are zealous for doing good works, so becoming zealous for doing good works in obedience to God's law is the way to believe in what he accomplished through the cross (Acts 21:20), while returning to the lawlessness that he gave himself to redeem us from is what mean that he died in vain.

James referenced an event around 25 years or more after Abraham believed God and was justified. James could have listed other events. He did not. He willing choose a certain event when there were others to choose from. You're establishing multiple "justification" events in the life of Abraham . Which is problematic to the say the least. Abraham was justified before God when He believed God. Immediately justified. It was this single justification event that established him justified in the eyes of God.
James references both Genesis 15:6 and Genesis 22. The Bible clearly speaks about multiple justification events, which is only problematic to someone if they refuse to accept the truth that we can have multiple justification events. Like justification, our salvation and sanctification also have past, present, and future aspects. Abraham believed the promise starting in Genesis 12.

This is the brother of Jesus the leader in the church. contemporary of Paul. Maybe ur understanding is flawed if you think he fooled Paul and the Church at Jerusalem.
There are multiple people referenced as James in the Scriptures. Very few people actually trying to defend your claim. Why this James?

Whether someone actually claim this or not, their beliefs can "add up" to this conclusion.

In my view, there are Arminians that believe repentance is "work". They treat faith as repentance. They believe a "change of mind" involves outward appearance of "good works" which equals repentance.

Repentance is a granted by God and comes through meeting the proper threshold of "belief" in the work of God for humanity. Repentance is a very Holy thing. A point wherein the very mind of God is joined with us in the new birth. In my personal opinion, it corresponds to Divine brokenness.

I came back to this thread from a reference from @dizerner in another thread. I didn't notice that you asked me a question. I got busy and I had so many notification I didn't try to weed through them all. Sorry for the delay.

In response to your comments in another thread. There is no reconciling the book of James with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. James wasn't written by an apostle. Though I believe Truth is found in the book, I do not consider it inspired. Though I wouldn't remove it from my canonical list. I believe it is good way to deal with what it teaches. It expresses a distinctly Jewish misunderstanding of the work of Christ. It tries to blend Grace with works. This is very clear from the words expressed in....Many of our brothers in Christ make mistakes in this same belief. James clearly teaches this..... You can not take the words believe any differently than how they are distinctly expressed.

Jas 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

The answer to James question is YES. Faith does save without works. James appeals to a time in Abraham's life that is around 25 years after Abraham was circumcised and received the "seal" of God.

It is a rather amateurist appeal that rejects Salvation by Faith. Though I believe those that get saved will do good works, it is vitally important how we establish that fact from the Scriptures. "James" gets it very wrong.
This is the brother of Jesus the leader in the church. contemporary of Paul. Maybe ur understanding is flwed if you think he fooled Paul and the Church at Jerusalem.

Luther wasn't the first to reject James. Even the greatest defenders of James have to admit that James isn't Peter, James or John. In fact, I don't believe most anyone spends much time in its pages other than to defend Arminiasm.

In the council in Acts 15, everyone submitted to James' authority—Peter, Paul, the apostles, everyone there.

I have always felt a very strong authenticity and inspiration on James, and got some of the deepest truths from it.

Although it should be called "Jacob" and not James.

Crazy.

In James 2:1-11, he was speaking to people who had already sinned by showing favoritism, so he was not telling them that they needed to have perfect obedience because that would have already been to late, but rather he was encouraging them to repent and to obey God's law more consistently. Self-righteousness does not involve relying on anyone else, so it is contradictory to think that we can become self-righteous by relying on what God has instructed.

There are multiple people referenced as James in the Scriptures. Very few people actually trying to defend your claim. Why this James?
church history has claimed this James is the brother of Jesus, but deny that and contend with the isea that Paul knew who this was, WAs anyone going to fool Paul?

In the council in Acts 15, everyone submitted to James' authority—Peter, Paul, the apostles, everyone there.

I have always felt a very strong authenticity and inspiration on James, and got some of the deepest truths from it.

Although it should be called "Jacob" and not James.
Yes and Jesus is Jehoshua and mary is mirriam and john is johonnan, how does that change anything that the names were anglicized?

Back
Top Bottom