An Article on free will

Problem is though Kermos, Calvinists don't sing the sweet song of God's Sovereignty. What they sing is not in the right key and out of tune from scripture.
Calvinism is tone Deaf. They March to the beat of a different gospel. They're like clanging cymbal. They have a choice to be set free but they just won't take it.

We Christians hear the Christ's sweet song of God's Sovereignty because the gracious Benefactor of us Christians exclusively produces
  1. divine choice of we beneficiaries unto salvation, for the Christ of us Christians says
    you did not choose Me, but I chose you” (John 15:16) and “I chose you out of the world” (John 15:19)
    AND, Paul is in accord with Jesus’ words for he wrote to the Ephesians “Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly [places] in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him in love” (Ephesians 1:3-4)
    SO, clearly, Jesus’ words in John 15:16 and John 15:19 state God exclusively chooses us believers by/of/through God
  2. beneficiaries’ faith/belief in Lord Jesus, for the Christ of us Christians says (see also a word about belief/faith (Greek πίστις pistis) and believe (Greek πιστεύω pisteuó))
    This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent” (John 6:29)
    AND Paul is in accord with Jesus’ words for Paul wrote to the Ephesians “by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, [it is] the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His work” (Ephesians 2:8-10)
    AND Peter is in accord with Jesus’ words for Peter declared “God, who knows the heart, testified to them giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He also did to us; and He made no distinction between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith” (Acts 15:8-9)
    SO, clearly, Jesus’ words in John 6:29 state for us believers to believe in Jesus whom the Father has sent is exclusively by/of/through God
  3. beneficiaries’ fruit of the Spirit/righteous actions/good works, for the Christ of us Christians says
    he who practices the Truth comes to the Light, so that his works may be manifested as having been wrought in God” (John 3:21)
    AND Paul is in accord with Jesus’ words for he wrote to the Philippians “being filled with the fruit of righteousness that [is] by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God” (Philippians 1:11)
    SO, clearly, Jesus’ words in John 3:21 state fruit in we believers is exclusively by/of/through God
  4. beneficiaries’ birth by the Holy Spirit, for the Christ of us Christians says
    Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not be amazed that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit” (John 3:5-8)
    AND Peter is in accord with Jesus’ words for he wrote to persons residing as aliens “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead” (1 Peter 1:3)
    SO, clearly, Jesus’ words in John 3:5-8 state we believers being born again is exclusively by/of/through God
  5. beneficiaries’ repent by God’s working, for the Christ of us Christians says
    I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to babes” (Matthew 11:25)
    AND the apostles and elders are in accord with Jesus’ words with thier saying, “Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance that leads to life” (Acts 11:18)
    SO, clearly, Jesus’ words in Matthew 11:25 state that God exclusively causes man to think differently after an encounter with God (repent means to think differently afterward)
  6. beneficiaries’ love by God’s working, for the Christ of us Christians says
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another” (John 13:34)
    AND John is in accord with Jesus’ words for he wrote “Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God” (1 John 4:7, see the phrase “love is from God” meaning God is the source of true love)
    AND John expands with his writing of “God is Love, and the one who abides in Love abides in God, and God abides in him” (1 John 4:16, see the phrase “one who abides in Love” is equivocated with “one who abides” “in God” which extends from God’s exclusivity with “God is Love”)
    SO, clearly, Jesus’ words in John 13:34 states that the love, true love (John 3:33), the very righteous love, the Godly love within us children of God, this love is exclusively by/of/through God

And here we have the Truth (John 14:6), the love of Christ controls us believers (2 Corinthians 5:14)!

Your hearts make false statements about God. Free-will is a conjured concept of the traditions of men (Matthew 15:9).

In Truth (John 14:6), the Almighty God is Sovereign (Genesis 1:1) in the affairs of man (Daniel 4:34-35)! PRAISE THE WONDERFUL SOVEREIGN GOD WHO LOVINGLY REIGNS FOREVER!!!

Sorry but you're overplayed in an extreme way the importance of your Calvinistic positions even if they were true (which they are not) The heart of Christianity IS NOT tulip! Most I believe even professional Calvinists who debate on the great stages reject your view too. The Heart of Christianity and the great song is the good news of what Jesus came and did by dying for our sins and being raised from the dead! If one believes that and receives that they shall be saved!
Ditto

You are so full of beans~speaking as nice as possible~but men like you push good men to their limits.

There none good. No not one. You don't believe your own theology. Or maybe you prefer Jesus "Why do you call me good. There is none good but God"?

Your own theology teaches that you're not a good man. So there is no need to pretend otherwise or use such arguments to promote yourself above another.

You are so full of beans~speaking as nice as possible~but men like you push good men to their limits.

I do not know much about @Kermos, but what little I do know, he dead on this one truth, that regeneration must precede......spiritual/godly action/fruits, on the sinners part~To believe otherwise is to manufacture another gospel, which truly is not another gospel but one from the devil himself. Which gospel falls under the curse of Almighty God, per Paul from Galatians one, where he does not mince his words and neither shall we, by the help of The Author of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I'm not here to defend a man, be that man be John Calvin, Martin Luther, Jonathan Edwards, or Kermos, or even my own self. True saints glory in the cross of Jesus Christ.

So a man is "regenerated" before hearing the Gospel?

The Gospel isn't complicated at all. It is easy to understand. Christ died for us. Happens quite often in society.

Police men. Fireman. Nobel men give their lives so others can live.

Tell me where I'm wrong.

The Word of God pronounces "he who practices the Truth comes to the Light, so that his works may be manifested as having been wrought in God" (John 3:21), so the Holy God declares that any good work of a Christian is in a manner of speaking, forged by God.

The English words in John 3:3 are an accurate representation of the Greek words in John 3:3, so it sounds to me like your heart eliminates the words in John 3:3.

Joh 3:21 But the one who practices the truth comes to the light, so that it may be plainly evident that his deeds have been done in God. NET.

If you're going to make such an argument, then really make the argument.

I can post over a dozen different English translations of John 3:21. At least post one of your own.

Lord Jesus Christ pronounces "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the Kingdom of God." (John 3:3), so you cannot believe in King Jesus of the Kingdom of God whom you cannot perceive, and this is Lord Jesus Christ's message before he starts talking about entering the Kingdom of God.

Your heart makes false statements about God and man. Free-will is a conjured concept of the traditions of men (Matthew 15:9).

In Truth (John 14:6), the Almighty God is Sovereign (Genesis 1:1) in the affairs of man (Daniel 4:34-35)! PRAISE THE GOD OF GRACE!!!

You're a painter. Not a very good painter but you're a painter. You paint sinful things in your life. That come from you. Not God. God provides the canvas for you to paint sinful things.

Sovereignity is the canvas. The construct. The paint. The brush. The laws that govern realty allow you to do bad things.

None of this has anything to do with God approving what you paint. That is on you.

This verse seems to suggest that we do have free will, If not how could we diligently seek him?

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6

@praise_yeshua

So a man is "regenerated" before hearing the Gospel?

Yes if he is going to spiritually understand it, otherwise its foolishness to the natural man,or the unregenerate 1 Cor 2:4

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know[understand] them, because they are spiritually discerned.

What does Matthew 15:9 mean?​

In response to criticism that He does not honor their manmade traditions, Jesus has boldly declared a group of scribes and Pharisees as hypocrites. This would not have been the reaction they expected when they came from Jerusalem to confront Jesus about the behavior of His disciples (Matthew 15:4–8).

Jesus is quoting a passage they likely know quite well: Isaiah 29:13. It contains words the Lord said to Isaiah about the Israelites of that generation. This exchange with Jesus reveals that the words of Isaiah's prophecy apply to Israel's current religious leaders, as well. The hearts of the Israelites in Isaiah's day were far from God, despite honoring the Lord with their words.

Now Jesus completes the quote by declaring that their worship of God is useless: it is ineffective and pointless. This is because they are teaching their own preferences, their traditions, as if they were the doctrines given by God.

This accusation from Jesus is impossible to dodge: the last part of the quote from Isaiah is exactly why Pharisees had come. They were attacking Jesus and His followers for ignoring their traditional, manmade, ritual version of handwashing before meals. This was never commanded by God in Scripture. It was one of the "commandments of men," and Jesus treated it that way, revealing the Pharisees' hypocrisy.
BibleRef.

It has nothing to do with making a free will decision to follow Jesus and accept him as lord and savior. Calvinism on the other hand it's just like the Pharisees With their man-made traditions.

"In vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the precepts of men" (the Word of God, Matthew 15:9), and the free-will doctrine is one of the "doctrines".

Let's look at your free-will, which is truly self-will, according to the Apostle Peter "the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from temptation, and to keep the unrighteous under punishment for the day of judgment, and especially those who indulge the flesh in its corrupt desires and despise authority, daring, self-willed, they do not tremble when they revile angelic majesties" (2 Peter 2:9-10).

The Free-willian Philosopher's "I chose to believe in Jesus" truly reviles the angelic majesty of King Jesus of the Kingdom of God who says “you did not choose Me, but I chose you” (John 15:16) and “I chose you out of the world” (John 15:19) and "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent” (John 6:29).

No Word of God states man was imparted a free-will to choose toward God, but right above is the Word of God which clearly states man does not choose God to any degree!

Free-will is a conjured concept of the traditions of men (Matthew 15:9).

In Truth (John 14:6), the Almighty God is Sovereign (Genesis 1:1) in the affairs of man (Daniel 4:34-35)! PRAISE JESUS MY SAVIOR!!!

Sorry but you're overplayed in an extreme way the importance of your Calvinistic positions even if they were true (which they are not) The heart of Christianity IS NOT tulip! Most I believe even professional Calvinists who debate on the great stages reject your view too. The Heart of Christianity and the great song is the good news of what Jesus came and did by dying for our sins and being raised from the dead! If one believes that and receives that they shall be saved!
which ultimately arrives at a right understanding of the scripture you're quoting.

Sorry Kermos but the quotation you make what you call the Free-Willian is just a disengeious way you're twisting the words of others.

And even if this were true which it isn't why are you mad at me or to others for? You believe everybody is ordained to do what they're doing anyway right? Shouldn't you be saying with a heart of love and mercy, "There but for the grace of God go I?" No offence but I don't think you're seeing things clearly and I trust and hope that someday you'll come out of your mental fog for that's what I believe that you're in.

We Christians sing Christ's Sovereignty of God song that God is so very Holy that we cannot approach this Loving King Jesus without being summoned and chosen by His Holiness; in contrast, the daringly self-willed (2 Peter 2:9-10) Free-willian Philosophers sing the traditions of men (Matthew 15:9) sour song about man choosing His Holiness:
The traditions of men The Word of God
I chose Jesus, but Jesus didn't choose me
(self-willed man's sayings 15:16)
you did not choose Me, but I chose you
(Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:16)
I chose Jesus so now Jesus must obey me to make me out of the world
(self-willed man's sayings 15:19)
I chose you out of the world
(Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:19)
This is not the work of God but this is the work of man, that you believe in Him whom He has sent
(The Book of Free-willians 6:29)
This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent
(Lord Jesus Christ, John 6:29)
I chose to practice the Truth coming to the Light so that my works may be manifested as having been wrought in me
(self-willed man's sayings 3:21)
he who practices the Truth comes to the Light, so that his works may be manifested as having been wrought in God
(Lord Jesus Christ, John 3:21)
Truly, truly, I say to you, before one is born again he can see the Kingdom of God[
(The Book of Free-willians 3:3)
Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the Kingdom of God
(Lord Jesus Christ, John 3:3)
I praise myself, that I have revealed these things to myself for I am the wise and intelligent One who causes myself to repent
(self-willed man's sayings 11:25)
I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to babes
(Lord Jesus Christ, Matthew 11:25)
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even according to your fleshly love, that you also love one another
(The Book of Free-willians 13:34)
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another
(Lord Jesus Christ, John 13:34)

We Christians sing the sweet song of the power of God to the glory of God! The Word of God is beautiful - to God be all honor and glory and power and dominion forever and ever! Praise be to the Christ of us Christians.

You free-willians sing the sour song of the power of man to the glory of man!

I've not mentioned the song that you sing until after you twice attacked the loving sweet song of Christ's Sovereignty of God.

You wrote "If one believes that and receives that they shall be saved", and, as a part of "that", to be saved from the wrath of God, one must believe that God is who the Word of God reveals, so let's see that which the Word of God declares in relation to His sayings above.

Christ says "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are Spirit and are Life" (John 6:63) as well as "He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day" (John 12:48).

Your heart makes false statements about God and man. Free-will is a conjured concept of the traditions of men (Matthew 15:9).

In Truth (John 14:6), the Almighty God is Sovereign (Genesis 1:1) in the affairs of man (Daniel 4:34-35)! PRAISE CHRIST FOREVER!!!

Back
Top Bottom