An Article on free will

Learning cannot make you crazy. Mental illness is a chemical imbalance in your brain. You can become emotionally imbalanced by how you react to things that happen in your life. But to be diagnosed as crazy means that you don't know right from wrong. So RB You can't use an insanity defense.
I was not using it as a defense, because I need none. Actually I was jesting a little, to get Rockson's attention, and to make my words softer for him to consider. Nothing more.

Here's one of the promise post that I promised to do. I'm going to cut it down somewhat from my last post on these scriptures for sake of time.
That would be appreciated.

No need to enlarge that as you did for WE ALL agree with that. Except a man is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God. You however are trying to take cannot see and give it a definition outside of the context. It DID NOT say one can't grasp a concept Jesus was seeking to get across that you can't understand there's a Kingdom you enter into by believing.

If I had a sports arena and provided tickets to games because one can't enter (that kingdom-the arena) doesn't mean those who don't can't understand the concept. That's what you and other Calvinists keep doing with this.....you keep trying to make it seem one can't fathom or comprehend Jesus words about the Kingdom. The Greek word (and I'm not a fan of always rolling out Greek words) BUT the Greek word for see means equally to experience. That says nothing about not comprehending the concept.
(CONTEXT WILL DRIVE THE TRUE MEANING OF WHAT IS BEING SAID)
You may be driving something RB but is it the true context. I'd respectfully suggest not.

That would be appreciated.
The only problem, is at my age, I forget all the different promises made, ~ I also started on a subject dealing with eschatology with Ken, that I need to get back to, very soon. Eschatology is one of my favorite subjects, so I really need to make my way there sooner than later.
No need to enlarge that as you did for WE ALL agree with that. Except a man is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Rockson, yes it needs to be enlarge upon ~ actually I did not do justice to those eight scriptures due to time, plus making longer posts do not serve much for one advantage for neither writer, nor the reader, since most do not take time to carefully read what long post are attempting to say. I will take time, and I'm sure you and others do as well, but most do not. PLEASE CONSIDER MY NEXT POINT.

Rockson, let me make this very clear......the only purpose we have John 3:1-8 in the holy scriptures is for us to understand that regeneration, the impartation of spiritual life, or, the creation of a new man within God's elect ~ must precede faith and any other spiritual acts such as seeing, hearing, fruits of the Spirit, etc.

This is what our Lord was teaching here, nothing more~this discourse is so important for us to grasp the meaning of~miss this truth, and you have missed why this discourse is here for our learning. Most have missed it for two thousand years, most are just as ignorance as poor Nicodemus was when Christ was speaking to him. I marvel that just a few truly are able to follow this discourse and receive its true teaching. But, that within itself does not mean they are not children of God, just as it did not mean that Nicodemus could not had been already regenerated as Christ was laboring to teach him. Selah.

So, all do not agree concerning this truth, and this truth is what we are debating back and forth, over and over again, (almost three thousand posts alone on this thread) Jesus' words recorded for us in John 3:1-8, should forever settle this debate once and for all, if hearts are not married to their baised doctrines more than to desiring truth from God's word, regardless if it correct, or support my understanding.
You however are trying to take cannot see and give it a definition outside of the context.
Rockson, the context is what is delivering this interpretation for us to see! Listen once more, very carefully:

Rockson, Nicodemus' confession proved that he SAW and recognized the true workings of a man who was sent from God. Jesus came right back and said to him based upon what Nicodemus said to him~Except a man be born again, he cannot see~Nicodemus made a confession that was true, a confession that neither you, or myself could make better~a very humble and sincere confession. Such a confession can only come from a regenerate heart, for other Pharisees said that Jesus was demon possessed. A confession of devils, which proved that they were still in their sins. This is not hard to follow, maybe to accept, since it would destroy your biased doctrine that you have come to accept. I must move on since I have a commitment very soon.

If I had a sports arena and provided tickets to games because one can't enter (that kingdom-the arena) doesn't mean those who don't can't understand the concept.

Rockson your example cannot be used in reference to sinners who are at enmity against God. If one did provide tickets to the game, it would serve no purpose for blind men, who are without strength to even go to the game, they would have no desire to go, why would they?
Calvinists keep doing with this..
Armenians keep rejecting that men are just what the scriptures said concerning them~they are at enmity against God, not just an enemy, which is bad enough, but they are at WAR against the God of heaven......... we see this every day on display, on TV, in our schools from preschool to Universities, etc. in every area of our life men are seen to be at enmity against the God of heaven.

Natural men are not subject unto the word of God, neither indeed can be, until they are regenerated after the image of Jesus Christ. Romans 8:5-8.

The Greek word (and I'm not a fan of always rolling out Greek words) BUT the Greek word for see means equally to experience. That says nothing about not comprehending the concept.
I can very much appreciate that~the Greek is not needed, ever! What is needed is for God to open one's understanding to the truth.

John 8:43

• "Why do ye not UNDERSTAND my speech? Even because you cannot hear my Word!"
They had literal ears, but they couldn't understand that which was of the Spirit. In other words, Christ is declaring that understanding of His Word is spiritually discerned, not something everyone naturally can do. Only those who study God's Word and have the Holy Spirit of God, has the Wisdom and understanding to know the truth that he will not be deceived by it. For they have the Holy Spirit of truth which guides them to know what is truth.

The very elect don't understands because they are smarter, or more educated, (I have none) or have been to a great theological school, or have studied diligently in the Greek. The secret is that they trust God to deliver his truth to them....period. Thank you blessed God for your truth.

Last edited:
Rockson, let me make this very clear......the only purpose we have John 3:1-8 in the holy scriptures is for us to understand that regeneration, the impartation of spiritual life, or, the creation of a new man within God's elect ~ must precede faith and any other spiritual acts such as seeing, hearing, fruits of the Spirit, etc.
Here we go again with the Calvinist idea that one can be Regenerated (alive) but not yet a believer (still dead in sins). That's Calvinism's Living Dead state.

Every Calvinist Congregation at night could be deemed the Night of the Living Dead.

Here we go again with the Calvinist idea that one can be Regenerated (alive) but not yet a believer (still dead in sins). That's Calvinism's Living Dead state.

Every Calvinist Congregation at night could be deemed the Night of the Living Dead.
You are mocking truth, not Calvinism~if you think what is written is false, then prove it, which you cannot do.

Why do you not take John 8:43 and prove that it was not use properly~the reason being, you cannot, just as Jesus said to these reprobates.

Last edited:
Here we go again with the Calvinist idea that one can be Regenerated (alive) but not yet a believer (still dead in sins).

You equate believing bible doctrines with being alive spiritually~being made alive by the power of God, does not mean that one automatically has a hold on bible truths, far from it! Being made alive by the Spirit of God, give the person POWER to believe, but even then, truth comes slowly to them, maybe even years in coming, definitely not at once, or even quickly, it comes slowly.

And add to this~even the apostle understanding came over TIME.

I do not think you want to debate me on this point, but if you do, then I'm ready and prepared to do so. I'm pretty sure you are all talk, at least it seems to be the case so far, from what I have read from your posts.

First of all, I am not civic although I agree with much of what he writes. If regeneration precedes belief then you believe that a regenerated (alive) but unbelieving (dead in sins) state can exist - however brief or long in time. In other words, you are then a living dead person. That Calvinist belief always reminds me of the Night of the Living Dead movies.

Second of all, you continue to exhibit very poor grammar comprehension. If water = Spirit then John 3:5 becomes unless one is born of water Spirit and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God according to the Gospel of Kermos. Very poor grammar comprehension on your part.

(John 3:5) Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

I apologize to both of you for my error of calling you @civic.

You, synergy, jump to John 3:5-8 about "enter the kingdom of God" before addressing that you cannot understand John 3:5 unless you can first righteously perceive KING JESUS OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD who declares "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the Kingdom of God." (John 3:3), and let's examine the evidence from your post.

Your "If regeneration precedes belief then you believe that a regenerated (alive) but unbelieving (dead in sins) state can exist - however brief or long in time" is flawed because "dead in sins" indicates dead not alive meanwhile "regenerated (alive)" indicates alive in Christ, so you misunderstand King Jesus of the Kingdom of God according to His glorious sayings recorded in John 3:1-21.

If you say that that your "I chose to believe in Jesus" precedes being born of God, then you deny Lord Jesus Christ who clearly states "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the Kingdom of God." (John 3:3).

In Truth (John 14:6), the Almighty God is Sovereign (Genesis 1:1) in the affairs of man (Daniel 4:34-35)! PRAISE THE GIVER OF LIFE!!!

No need to enlarge that as you did for WE ALL agree with that. Except a man is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God. You however are trying to take cannot see and give it a definition outside of the context. It DID NOT say one can't grasp a concept Jesus was seeking to get across that you can't understand there's a Kingdom you enter into by believing.

If I had a sports arena and provided tickets to games because one can't enter (that kingdom-the arena) doesn't mean those who don't can't understand the concept. That's what you and other Calvinists keep doing with this.....you keep trying to make it seem one can't fathom or comprehend Jesus words about the Kingdom. The Greek word (and I'm not a fan of always rolling out Greek words) BUT the Greek word for see means equally to experience. That says nothing about not comprehending the concept.

You may be driving something RB but is it the true context. I'd respectfully suggest not.

The wonderful Word of God is "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the Kingdom of God." (John 3:3).

This message is also to @civic and @synergy because of your agreeing "Like" of Rockson's post. To you Free-willian Philosophers.

You wrote "You however are trying to take cannot see and give it a definition outside of the context. It DID NOT say one can't grasp a concept Jesus was seeking to get across" and you wrote "The Greek word for see means equally to experience.".

Your heart's elimination of the "perceive" concept in exchange for the concept of "experience" for the Greek word ἰδεῖν (Strong's 3708 - ὁράω (horaó) - to see, perceive, attend to) is false.

Clearly, your hearts twist Jesus' sayings thusly "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot experience the Kingdom of God" in order for your self-will (2 Peter 2:2-10) to exalt yourselves to God level by slaughtering the Word of God in order for your heart to be able to perceive God even when God clearly says you cannot perceive God which by extension means you "can't grasp a concept Jesus was seeking to get across that you can't understand there's a Kingdom you enter into by believing" in the One True Sovereign Lord and God Jesus Christ.

You cannot believe in King Jesus of the Kingdom of God whom you cannot perceive, and this is Lord Jesus Christ's message before he starts talking about entering the Kingdom of God.

Ultimately, your heart's treasure is the traditions of men (Matthew 15:9) in opposition to the rescuing Love of God. Your adulteration of the Holy Word of God is evident in your quotations augmented with your heart's thoughts in your posts:
The traditions of menThe Love of God
Truly, truly, I say to you, before one is born again he can see the Kingdom of God
(The Book of Free-willians 3:3)
Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the Kingdom of God.
(Lord Jesus Christ, John 3:3)
so your heart preaches your sovereignty of man eliminating Christ's Sovereignty of God, and so go your adulterations of the Holy Word of God again and again and again.

The only way for free-willian philosophers to acheive free-will is for them to add to the Word of God, and it is written "do not add to His words or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar" (Proverbs 30:6).

Each of you have had your tongues stopped (Romans 3:19) by "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the Kingdom of God." (John 3:3), even all the Word of God recorded in John 3:1-21 (you fail to reply in Truth (John 14:6) to these posts):
  • To @Rockson post #2,719 illumines where you are shown to use the word sight/see to indicate perceive while at the same time you deny Jesus using the word see to mean perceive.
  • To @civic post #2,760 illumines where you are shown to give a response that does not address the discussion at hand.
  • To @synergy post 2,769 illumines where you are shown to disregard or bypass the see of John 3:3 while you jump ahead to the enter of John 3:5-8.
  • To @TomL post #2,109 illumines where you are shown your illegitimate linguistics of eliminating the see concept of perceive in exchange for experience.

Your heart makes false statements about God and man. Free-will is a conjured concept of the traditions of men (Matthew 15:9).

In Truth (John 14:6), the Almighty God is Sovereign (Genesis 1:1) in the affairs of man (Daniel 4:34-35)! PRAISE THE PRINCE OF PEACE!!!

You wrote "You however are trying to take cannot see and give it a definition outside of the context. It DID NOT say one can't grasp a concept Jesus was seeking to get across" and you wrote "The Greek word for see means equally to experience.".

Your heart's elimination of the "perceive" concept in exchange for the concept of "experience" for the Greek word ἰδεῖν (Strong's 3708 - ὁράω (horaó) - to see, perceive, attend to) is false.
I never said the Greek word "horao" doesn't mean perceive. I said it can also mean to perceive by experience. (see below)

Strong's Concordance
horaó: to see, perceive, attend to
Original Word: ὁράω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: horaó
Phonetic Spelling: (hor-ah'-o)
Definition: to see, perceive, attend to
Usage: I see, look upon, experience, perceive, discern, beware.

3. to see i. e. to become acquainted with by experience, to experience: ζωήν, equivalent to to become a partaker of, John 3:36; ἡμέραν (cf. German erleben; see εἰδῶ, I. 5), Luke 17:22 (Sophocles O. R. 831).
Clearly, your hearts twist Jesus' sayings
Or did I rather CLEARLY show you that the Greek word "see" also allows for the word experience. See the above.

by slaughtering the Word of God
Or is it rather that you're denying what the Greek word says as a potential of choices one can make when it comes to that word "see" HORAO.

I never said the Greek word "horao" doesn't mean perceive. I said it can also mean to perceive by experience. (see below)

Strong's Concordance
horaó: to see, perceive, attend to
Original Word: ὁράω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: horaó
Phonetic Spelling: (hor-ah'-o)
Definition: to see, perceive, attend to
Usage: I see, look upon, experience, perceive, discern, beware.

3. to see i. e. to become acquainted with by experience, to experience: ζωήν, equivalent to to become a partaker of, John 3:36; ἡμέραν (cf. German erleben; see εἰδῶ, I. 5), Luke 17:22 (Sophocles O. R. 831).

Or did I rather CLEARLY show you that the Greek word "see" also allows for the word experience. See the above.

Or is it rather that you're denying what the Greek word says as a potential of choices one can make when it comes to that word "see" HORAO.

The Greek word ἰδεῖν (Strong's 3708 - ὁράω (horaó) - to see, perceive, attend to) includes absolutely no "potential of choices one can make when it comes to that word see' HORAO" concept within the definition. ἰδεῖν/see conveys one perceiving something, or one not perceiving something when modified by the "not" concept, and there is no other concept for ἰδεῖν/see.

You are isolating ἰδεῖν/see conceptually to eliminate the function of perceive as a standalone concept such that the wonderful Word of God is "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the Kingdom of God." (John 3:3) no longer carries the clear concept conveyed by God that you "can't grasp a concept Jesus was seeking to get across that you can't understand there's a Kingdom you enter into by believing" in the One True Sovereign Lord and God Jesus Christ.

You cannot believe in King Jesus of the Kingdom of God whom you cannot perceive, and this is Lord Jesus Christ's message before he starts talking about entering the Kingdom of God.

Free-will is a conjured concept of the traditions of men (Matthew 15:9).

In Truth (John 14:6), the Almighty God is Sovereign (Genesis 1:1) in the affairs of man (Daniel 4:34-35)! PRAISE THE PRINCE OF PEACE!!!

The Greek word ἰδεῖν (Strong's 3708 - ὁράω (horaó) - to see, perceive, attend to) includes absolutely no "potential of choices one can make when it comes to that word see' HORAO" concept within the definition. ἰδεῖν/see conveys one perceiving something, or one not perceiving something when modified by the "not" concept, and there is no other concept for ἰδεῖν/see.

You are isolating ἰδεῖν/see conceptually to eliminate the function of perceive as a standalone concept such that the wonderful Word of God is "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the Kingdom of God." (John 3:3) no longer carries the clear concept conveyed by God that you "can't grasp a concept Jesus was seeking to get across that you can't understand there's a Kingdom you enter into by believing" in the One True Sovereign Lord and God Jesus Christ.

Do you have more insight than the disciples did about the kingdom ?

Can you perceive the kingdom better than the disciples when they walked with Him and were taught by Him ?

Do you have more insight than the disciples did about the kingdom ?

Can you perceive the kingdom better than the disciples when they walked with Him and were taught by Him ?

To @civic and @praise_yeshua (by your agreeing Like of civic's post),

First, Jesus and Nicodemus were engaged together in dialog when the Lord said "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the Kingdom of God." (John 3:3).

Second, @civic post #2,760 illumines where you are shown to give a response that does not address the discussion at hand, and you are doing the same right now. You two exhibit real difficultly remaining on track.

Third, Christ didn't say anything about perceiving "better", but Christ did say about perceiving the Kingdom of God, period.

In Truth (John 14:6), the Almighty God is Sovereign (Genesis 1:1) in the affairs of man (Daniel 4:34-35)! PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME!!!

You're doctrinal position was received from men. The words you reference were record to you in English from men.

Just how disconnected from reality do you have to be to claim special knowledge that others can't get from men themselves or even the same men?

Your free will produced you error above. God didn't coerce your words.

God provided the "canvas". You're the painter. One day God will roll up this "canvas" you're using and destroy it all.

To @civic and @praise_yeshua (by your agreeing Like of civic's post),

First, Jesus and Nicodemus were engaged together in dialog when the Lord said "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the Kingdom of God." (John 3:3).

Second, @civic post #2,760 illumines where you are shown to give a response that does not address the discussion at hand, and you are doing the same right now. You two exhibit real difficultly remaining on track.

Third, Christ didn't say anything about perceiving "better", but Christ did say about perceiving the Kingdom of God, period.

In Truth (John 14:6), the Almighty God is Sovereign (Genesis 1:1) in the affairs of man (Daniel 4:34-35)! PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME!!!
You dodged the questions which if answered will expose your errors

You have to be willing to believe the gospel and accept God's plan of salvation for mankind. Some Man-Made Theology is just not going to cut it.

God has loved us enough to make a way to be adopted into his family. He has made a choice available. The way to be saved came at the great cost of Jesus’ becoming one of us, giving his life for us. So in Jesus’ life, death and resurrection, God shows us that he is willing to go to extraordinary lengths to reach out to us because he desperately wants us to be a part of his family.

Choose Jesus, choose life and life more abundantly.

You have to be willing to believe the gospel and accept God's plan of salvation for mankind. Some Man-Made Theology is just not going to cut it.

God has loved us enough to make a way to be adopted into his family. He has made a choice available. The way to be saved came at the great cost of Jesus’ becoming one of us, giving his life for us. So in Jesus’ life, death and resurrection, God shows us that he is willing to go to extraordinary lengths to reach out to us because he desperately wants us to be a part of his family.

Choose Jesus, choose life and life more abundantly.
Of course when the Bible says, God says you choose He really does t mean man can choose. It’s really a lie, a deception since man according to Calvinism cannot choose. It makes God out to be a liar. The promises are all a facade.

Of course when the Bible says, God says you choose He really does t mean man can choose. It’s really a lie, a deception since man according to Calvinism cannot choose. It makes God out to be a liar. The promises are all a facade.
Along with being able to choose comes the ability to reject. I reject Calvinism. But the ability to choose God is quite interesting.

In the Bible, there are more than 200 references to the word “choose” or one of its variations.

As simple as it sounds, one of the greatest proofs of God’s existence is the ability to choose. Materialistic God-deniers hypothesize that all of our actions can be attributed to random interactions of the chemicals, atoms, and molecules that make up our physical bodies. However, they are unable to explain how such random interactions lead to our ability to make all kinds of decisions in life.

Little wonder why when God created man in His image, He put Adam and Eve in a position where they, like God who chose to become flesh in the form of Jesus Christ, had the ability to choose. We are all familiar with the story of how they made a poor choice in eating the forbidden fruit for which God held them both accountable. Think about it! Would God have held Adam and Eve accountable for their poor choice if their actions were the result of random chemical interactions!

Personally, I believe that a desire to avoid accountability is a major reason many people are drawn to a materialistic-atheistic world view. Furthermore, they don’t understand that God created and designed us to make choices.

In the Bible, there are more than 200 references to the word “choose” or one of its variations. This makes it possible for God to fulfill His role as the Supreme Judge of the universe as illustrated in Deuteronomy 30:19 and yet give us freedom to make decisions: “I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you today that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Choose life so that you and your descendants may live…”

Later, in a New Testament passage, the author of Hebrews warns: “Make sure that you do not reject the One who speaks. For if they did not escape when they rejected Him who warned them on earth, even less will we if we turn away from Him who warns us from heaven” (Hebrews 12:25).

We must also remember that because we have the ability and freedom to choose, our actions have consequences. In my commentary in Principle #21, page 1724 in my Life Essentials Study Bible, I establish a bridge between the Old and New Testament applications of this truth:

The author then reminded them of God’s holy presence at Mount Sinai when the old covenant was revealed. It was a terrifying experience (Exodus 19:9-16; 20:18). How much more dreadful the situation for all unbelievers who someday will be judged severely for rejecting the Messiah… However, the good news is that we can spend eternity with God, not because of our good works but because we have received God’s free gift of salvation.

Truly, the choices we make-especially those that are spiritual and moral in nature — serve as reminders that we are made in God’s image.

Last edited:
Along with being able to choose comes the ability to reject. I reject Calvinism. But the ability to choose God is quite interesting.

In the Bible, there are more than 200 references to the word “choose” or one of its variations.

As simple as it sounds, one of the greatest proofs of God’s existence is the ability to choose. Materialistic God-deniers hypothesize that all of our actions can be attributed to random interactions of the chemicals, atoms, and molecules that make up our physical bodies. However, they are unable to explain how such random interactions lead to our ability to make all kinds of decisions in life.

Little wonder why when God created man in His image, He put Adam and Eve in a position where they, like God who chose to become flesh in the form of Jesus Christ, had the ability to choose. We are all familiar with the story of how they made a poor choice in eating the forbidden fruit for which God held them both accountable. Think about it! Would God have held Adam and Eve accountable for their poor choice if their actions were the result of random chemical interactions!

Personally, I believe that a desire to avoid accountability is a major reason many people are drawn to a materialistic-atheistic world view. Furthermore, they don’t understand that God created and designed us to make choices.

In the Bible, there are more than 200 references to the word “choose” or one of its variations. This makes it possible for God to fulfill His role as the Supreme Judge of the universe as illustrated in Deuteronomy 30:19 and yet give us freedom to make decisions: “I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you today that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Choose life so that you and your descendants may live…”

Later, in a New Testament passage, the author of Hebrews warns: “Make sure that you do not reject the One who speaks. For if they did not escape when they rejected Him who warned them on earth, even less will we if we turn away from Him who warns us from heaven” (Hebrews 12:25).

We must also remember that because we have the ability and freedom to choose, our actions have consequences. In my commentary in Principle #21, page 1724 in my Life Essentials Study Bible, I establish a bridge between the Old and New Testament applications of this truth:

The author then reminded them of God’s holy presence at Mount Sinai when the old covenant was revealed. It was a terrifying experience (Exodus 19:9-16; 20:18). How much more dreadful the situation for all unbelievers who someday will be judged severely for rejecting the Messiah… However, the good news is that we can spend eternity with God, not because of our good works but because we have received God’s free gift of salvation.

Truly, the choices we make-especially those that are spiritual and moral in nature — serve as reminders that we are made in God’s image.

Amen choose , it’s your God given right to choose to receive or reject the gospel by one’s free will that is not coerced or forced.

Back
Top Bottom