Why there can be no gap between the 69th and 70th week

Sure I can agree with that. I don't think anyone denies some of what are called theologians focus in and nit pick at times over the most inconsequential things. But theology is important on many subjects and themes and the Apostles thought so as well.

Below are words from

"Students of theology are seeking truth, and, in doing so, they find themselves in the esteemed company of the Bereans: “Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true” (Acts 17:11). By studying theology, the born-again student strengthens his faith (Colossians 2:6–7), grows in his knowledge of Christ (2 Peter 3:18), participates in his sanctification (John 17:17; Psalm 119:9), discerns truth from error (Psalm 119:160), and equips himself for every good work (2 Timothy 3:17)".
Personally, I avoid "Got Questions.org" like the plague.

Interesting...

Figured as much.

Here's the Calvary Chapel position paper on Calvinism and Arminianism

The description I'd heard 44-45 years ago was

We are neither Calvinists, nor are we Arminians. We are both Calvinists, and Arminians.

Stating that at CARM over the holidays in late 2022 got me suspended for a week.

Read the paper.
It's actually quite helpful.
I would say that keeping anything of Calvinism is a slap in Christ's face. And "T" is the worst! You don't have to believe a doctrine of demons to still get a lot out of the rest of the Bible study, which is a plus for those going to Calvary Chapel.

I would say that keeping anything of Calvinism is a slap in Christ's face. And "T" is the worst! You don't have to believe a doctrine of demons to still get a lot out of the rest of the Bible study, which is a plus for those going to Calvary Chapel.
Did you read the paper? If not, you really should.
John Calvin's original ideas have their basis in the Bible.

As do Jacob's ideas.

The problem we have is when those ideas go to their extremes.

Every single person who either presently IS, or one day WILL be saved is being predestined to be conformed to the image of Jesus, based on the foreknowledge of God. Romans 8:28-30.

Nobody who is not being saved has any such activity by God operating in their life.

Thus, this is one element of Calvinism.

Likewise, every single person who is saved, must continue to follow Jesus, and essentially not quit, and they will experience the final, full, and complete salvation from sin.
If however they do quit, aka, apostasy....
They will not experience the salvation of God from their sin and his wrath. Colossians 1:23, Hebrews 3:6.

This is an element of Arminianism.

Thus, as followers of Jesus, every single person who follows Jesus is both a Calvinist, and an Arminianist....

Yet, simultaneously, they are neither an Arminianist, nor a Calvinist.

They are merely followers of Jesus.

Those seven church were churches which existed in the first century
Are you a preterist? They would believe the limitation of what you said.

The word revelation as in Revelation means prophecy. The letters to the 7 churches have a three-fold meaning in prophecy.
To an actual church of the 1st century, to individuals of that type, and the last four go on and overlap to the end of time.

Every single person who either presently IS, or one day WILL be saved is being predestined to be conformed to the image of Jesus, based on the foreknowledge of God. Romans 8:28-30.

Nobody who is not being saved has any such activity by God operating in their life.

Thus, this is one element of Calvinism.

Likewise, every single person who is saved, must continue to follow Jesus, and essentially not quit, and they will experience the final, full, and complete salvation from sin.
If however they do quit, aka, apostasy....
They will not experience the salvation of God from their sin and his wrath. Colossians 1:23, Hebrews 3:6.

This is an element of Arminianism.

Thus, as followers of Jesus, every single person who follows Jesus is both a Calvinist, and an Arminianist....

Yet, simultaneously, they are neither an Arminianist, nor a Calvinist.

They are merely followers of Jesus.

Do you hold to the belief that we will always be dealing with a sin nature until we receive new bodies after we are dead and then are resurrected.

Did you read the paper? If not, you really should.
John Calvin's original ideas have their basis in the Bible.

As do Jacob's ideas.

The problem we have is when those ideas go to their extremes.
John Calvin took Scriptures out of their context. He applied scriptures about unbelievers and Jews under the law and misapplied them to born again Christians of the Spirit. Like Romans 7:14-25; 1 John 1:6, 8 and 10. Those are the most popular.

Do you hold to the belief that we will always be dealing with a sin nature until we receive new bodies after we are dead and then are resurrected.
I hold to the ideas described in the Bible regarding this matter.
Romans 6-8
1 John 1:5-2:1
Colossians 2:12-3:5
1 John 3

It seems pretty clear to me that we will live with the old sin nature, and the new spiritual nature, until death/rapture.

At which point the old nature will be gone and we will enjoy the new spiritual nature for eternity.

I think the problem is what people believe sin is.
1 John 3 says sin is lawlessness.
So, I'd say that the definition of sin goes back to the 10 commandments.

Reducing it further, Jesus said in Matthew 22:35-40 that the law and prophets are summed up in the 2 great commandments...

Love God with a whole heart, soul and mind, and love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Paul further sums this up in Romans 13:8-10...
Love is the fulfillment of the law.

So... can we live without violating the 10 commandments?

Can you not have a false god?
Can you not take the name of God in vain?
This is more than not using his name as a cuss word. It's not living in a manner that dishonors him.
Can you not have any other gods?
Can you take one day a week and rest/recuperate? To focus on, and worship God?
It doesn't HAVE to be Saturday. It can be any day. Romans 14, Colossians 2.

Can you honor your mother and father?

Can you not commit adultery/sexual immorality? Including the manner Jesus described? I.e., lust?

Can you not do murder? Including the manner Jesus described?

Can you not deceive?

Can you not steal?

Can you not be covetous? Lust, envy, greed, avarice,....

If you can live free of these, then you are living in agreement with the description given in 1 John 3.

Likewise, you're living in agreement with Galatians 5:16-25.

Paul tells us in Romans 8:4-8, that by focusing our thinking on spiritual things, we will... not JUST CAN... but actually WILL, fulfill the righteous ordinances of the law.

Why? Because according to Romans 7, the law is spiritual and we are carnal/natural and it requires spiritual life/power to satisfy the righteous requirements of the law.

I do believe that while I can choose to walk in the Spirit, and not violate the Law, I will have the old man, and by not walking in the spirit, I will walk in the flesh... and whatever my sin of choice is... I will engage in it.
Which is exactly why Jesus said to us...

Luk 14:27 WEBWhoever doesn’t bear his own cross and come after me, can’t be my disciple.

Luk 9:23 WEBHe said to all, “If anyone desires to come after me, let him deny himself, take up his cross, and follow me.

Mar 8:34 WEBHe called the multitude to himself with his disciples and said to them, “Whoever wants to come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

This idea is dealt with by Paul in the above referenced passages.

It's also why it's so important to guard our hearts with all diligence.

It's too easy to slip into the flesh, without even realizing it.

Last edited:
John Calvin took Scriptures out of their context. He applied scriptures about unbelievers and Jews under the law and misapplied them to born again Christians of the Spirit. Like Romans 7:14-25; 1 John 1:6, 8 and 10. Those are the most popular.
Actually, the council who codified his ideas took the scripture out of context and drove them to the extreme.

Take the time to read the paper. It's actually quite helpful.

Personally, I avoid "Got Questions.org" like the plague.
Interesting...
While I'm not really big on using such sites for everything, I do find times where they have articles that make it easier to describe things that I simply don't have time to deal with.
Do you mind my asking why you avoid them like the plague?

Back
Top Bottom