Why there can be no gap between the 69th and 70th week

Colossians 1:13 (ESV) — 13 He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son,

Its happened
Why is there such a prophecy in the scriptures as Daniel 9:24? To whom is it given and what is the concerns? Does it have any basis in the scriptures? Is there any probability that it has a fulfillment in time? Does it make any sense? Why did God say that Babylon was his servant to extract the nation of Judah from her land for 70 years? IS God the meanie in this scenario or is it the nation who is at fault? Is one of the two parties at fault or is there blame for both parties. What kind of desolations is God speaking of through the angel? Is there some history behind this action of God toward Judah? Is God being extreme or merciful toward Judah wit this prophecy? Is it only about them or is it about the faithfulness and the testimony of Jehovah that is on display with this extreme action of taking them from their land and then bringing them back after a set time and making new and similar and future prophecies?

I say the verses from Colossians and 1 Corinthians and Ephesians is much too vague to determine that your verses proves that all the ramifications of this Daniel prophecy is fulfilled.. There is a much larger context to the Daniel prophecy than you have been willing to deal with.

That context is the covenants that God made with Abraham and his family through Isaac and Jacob. In the big picture of God's unfolding drama of redemption the unconditional covenants are the statements and the promises and revelation of how he is and how he has brought salvation to the whole world and how eternity will be understood.

We know the foundational covenant is the Abrahamic covenant that establishes the 12 tribes through Jacob as the principle family on the earth through which God will work all of his purposes of restitution and regeneration of the Divine order that was lost because of the fall of Adam and the introduction of sin and death into his creation.

In the Palestinian (land) covenant God put all the responsibility of his dealings with Israel squarely upon their shoulders. He laid out two courses that they could take when they took possession of the land and then informed them that his response would be according to what they as his people chose. God cannot lie. What he said came true and we can see the faithfulness of the word of God in subsequent actions to this very day. No matter which course they would eventually take the end would be that he would save them in their land and they would be spiritually circumcised. This simply means that their sins as a family and a nation would be forgiven. This is the promise of the unconditional Palestinian covenant.

The people of God agreed with this covenant. See all the amens.

Deut 27:9 And Moses and the priests the Levites spake unto all Israel, saying, Take heed, and hearken, O Israel; this day thou art become the people of the Lord thy God.
10 Thou shalt therefore obey the voice of the Lord thy God, and do his commandments and his statutes, which I command thee this day.
11 And Moses charged the people the same day, saying,
12 These shall stand upon mount Gerizim to bless the people, when ye are come over Jordan; Simeon, and Levi, and Judah, and Issachar, and Joseph, and Benjamin:
13 And these shall stand upon mount Ebal to curse; Reuben, Gad, and Asher, and Zebulun, Dan, and Naphtali.
14 And the Levites shall speak, and say unto all the men of Israel with a loud voice,
15 Cursed be the man that maketh any graven or molten image, an abomination unto the Lord, the work of the hands of the craftsman, and putteth it in a secret place. And all the people shall answer and say, Amen.
16 Cursed be he that setteth light by his father or his mother. And all the people shall say, Amen.
17 Cursed be he that removeth his neighbour's landmark. And all the people shall say, Amen.
18 Cursed be he that maketh the blind to wander out of the way. And all the people shall say, Amen.
19 Cursed be he that perverteth the judgment of the stranger, fatherless, and widow. And all the people shall say, Amen.
20 Cursed be he that lieth with his father's wife; because he uncovereth his father's skirt. And all the people shall say, Amen.
21 Cursed be he that lieth with any manner of beast. And all the people shall say, Amen.
22 Cursed be he that lieth with his sister, the daughter of his father, or the daughter of his mother. And all the people shall say, Amen.
23 Cursed be he that lieth with his mother in law. And all the people shall say, Amen.
24 Cursed be he that smiteth his neighbour secretly. And all the people shall say, Amen.
25 Cursed be he that taketh reward to slay an innocent person. And all the people shall say, Amen.
26 Cursed be he that confirmeth not all the words of this law to do them. And all the people shall say, Amen.

The historical context of this covenant is at the end of Moses life of 120 years. They are at the Jordan River in the land of Moab where they will be led by Joshua across the River Jordan to possess their land. While everything here is quite literal it is also filled with symbolism as the manner of God is. But know this; Israel had a choice and they were fully aware of the consequences of making the wrong choice, which they did.

Ignore this covenant and there is little chance for you to have sound doctrine as it relates to eschatology. I have more to say about it and things that might surprise you. Read Deut 27 through 32. Chapter 32 is the prophetic Song of Moses that God gave him.

My advice to you. Do not err by being ignorant.

Why is there such a prophecy in the scriptures as Daniel 9:24? To whom is it given and what is the concerns? Does it have any basis in the scriptures? Is there any probability that it has a fulfillment in time? Does it make any sense? Why did God say that Babylon was his servant to extract the nation of Judah from her land for 70 years? IS God the meanie in this scenario or is it the nation who is at fault? Is one of the two parties at fault or is there blame for both parties. What kind of desolations is God speaking of through the angel? Is there some history behind this action of God toward Judah? Is God being extreme or merciful toward Judah wit this prophecy? Is it only about them or is it about the faithfulness and the testimony of Jehovah that is on display with this extreme action of taking them from their land and then bringing them back after a set time and making new and similar and future prophecies?

I say the verses from Colossians and 1 Corinthians and Ephesians is much too vague to determine that your verses proves that all the ramifications of this Daniel prophecy is fulfilled.. There is a much larger context to the Daniel prophecy than you have been willing to deal with.

That context is the covenants that God made with Abraham and his family through Isaac and Jacob. In the big picture of God's unfolding drama of redemption the unconditional covenants are the statements and the promises and revelation of how he is and how he has brought salvation to the whole world and how eternity will be understood.

We know the foundational covenant is the Abrahamic covenant that establishes the 12 tribes through Jacob as the principle family on the earth through which God will work all of his purposes of restitution and regeneration of the Divine order that was lost because of the fall of Adam and the introduction of sin and death into his creation.

In the Palestinian (land) covenant God put all the responsibility of his dealings with Israel squarely upon their shoulders. He laid out two courses that they could take when they took possession of the land and then informed them that his response would be according to what they as his people chose. God cannot lie. What he said came true and we can see the faithfulness of the word of God in subsequent actions to this very day. No matter which course they would eventually take the end would be that he would save them in their land and they would be spiritually circumcised. This simply means that their sins as a family and a nation would be forgiven. This is the promise of the unconditional Palestinian covenant.

The people of God agreed with this covenant. See all the amens.

Deut 27:9 And Moses and the priests the Levites spake unto all Israel, saying, Take heed, and hearken, O Israel; this day thou art become the people of the Lord thy God.
10 Thou shalt therefore obey the voice of the Lord thy God, and do his commandments and his statutes, which I command thee this day.
11 And Moses charged the people the same day, saying,
12 These shall stand upon mount Gerizim to bless the people, when ye are come over Jordan; Simeon, and Levi, and Judah, and Issachar, and Joseph, and Benjamin:
13 And these shall stand upon mount Ebal to curse; Reuben, Gad, and Asher, and Zebulun, Dan, and Naphtali.
14 And the Levites shall speak, and say unto all the men of Israel with a loud voice,
15 Cursed be the man that maketh any graven or molten image, an abomination unto the Lord, the work of the hands of the craftsman, and putteth it in a secret place. And all the people shall answer and say, Amen.
16 Cursed be he that setteth light by his father or his mother. And all the people shall say, Amen.
17 Cursed be he that removeth his neighbour's landmark. And all the people shall say, Amen.
18 Cursed be he that maketh the blind to wander out of the way. And all the people shall say, Amen.
19 Cursed be he that perverteth the judgment of the stranger, fatherless, and widow. And all the people shall say, Amen.
20 Cursed be he that lieth with his father's wife; because he uncovereth his father's skirt. And all the people shall say, Amen.
21 Cursed be he that lieth with any manner of beast. And all the people shall say, Amen.
22 Cursed be he that lieth with his sister, the daughter of his father, or the daughter of his mother. And all the people shall say, Amen.
23 Cursed be he that lieth with his mother in law. And all the people shall say, Amen.
24 Cursed be he that smiteth his neighbour secretly. And all the people shall say, Amen.
25 Cursed be he that taketh reward to slay an innocent person. And all the people shall say, Amen.
26 Cursed be he that confirmeth not all the words of this law to do them. And all the people shall say, Amen.

The historical context of this covenant is at the end of Moses life of 120 years. They are at the Jordan River in the land of Moab where they will be led by Joshua across the River Jordan to possess their land. While everything here is quite literal it is also filled with symbolism as the manner of God is. But know this; Israel had a choice and they were fully aware of the consequences of making the wrong choice, which they did.

Ignore this covenant and there is little chance for you to have sound doctrine as it relates to eschatology. I have more to say about it and things that might surprise you. Read Deut 27 through 32. Chapter 32 is the prophetic Song of Moses that God gave him.

My advice to you. Do not err by being ignorant.
My advise to you is don't ignore scripture

Acts 2:29–35 (ESV) — 29 “Brothers, I may say to you with confidence about the patriarch David that he both died and was buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. 30 Being therefore a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that he would set one of his descendants on his throne, 31 he foresaw and spoke about the resurrection of the Christ, that he was not abandoned to Hades, nor did his flesh see corruption. 32 This Jesus God raised up, and of that we all are witnesses. 33 Being therefore exalted at the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has poured out this that you yourselves are seeing and hearing. 34 For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he himself says, “ ‘The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at my right hand, 35 until I make your enemies your footstool.” ’

John 18:37 (ESV) — 37 Then Pilate said to him, “So you are a king?” Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. For this purpose I was born and for this purpose I have come into the world—to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to my voice.”

Ephesians 1:20–23 (ESV) — 20 that he worked in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, 21 far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. 22 And he put all things under his feet and gave him as head over all things to the church, 23 which is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all.

1 Corinthians 15:22–26 (ESV) — 22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, then at his coming those who belong to Christ. 24 Then comes the end, when he delivers the kingdom to God the Father after destroying every rule and every authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death.

Luke 19:12 (ESV) — 12 He said therefore, “A nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom and then return.

Colossians 1:13 (NASB 2020) — 13 For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son,

My advise to you is don't ignore scripture

Acts 2:29–35 (ESV) — 29 “Brothers, I may say to you with confidence about the patriarch David that he both died and was buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. 30 Being therefore a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that he would set one of his descendants on his throne, 31 he foresaw and spoke about the resurrection of the Christ, that he was not abandoned to Hades, nor did his flesh see corruption. 32 This Jesus God raised up, and of that we all are witnesses. 33 Being therefore exalted at the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has poured out this that you yourselves are seeing and hearing. 34 For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he himself says, “ ‘The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at my right hand, 35 until I make your enemies your footstool.” ’

John 18:37 (ESV) — 37 Then Pilate said to him, “So you are a king?” Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. For this purpose I was born and for this purpose I have come into the world—to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to my voice.”

Ephesians 1:20–23 (ESV) — 20 that he worked in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, 21 far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. 22 And he put all things under his feet and gave him as head over all things to the church, 23 which is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all.

1 Corinthians 15:22–26 (ESV) — 22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, then at his coming those who belong to Christ. 24 Then comes the end, when he delivers the kingdom to God the Father after destroying every rule and every authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death.

Luke 19:12 (ESV) — 12 He said therefore, “A nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom and then return.

Colossians 1:13 (NASB 2020) — 13 For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son,
It is a huge disconnect to suppose that a prophecy to a particular nation and people is not true because of letters written to a church. To suppose that Daniel 9:24 is written and fulfilled in the church of Jesus Christ, which is his body and bride in the same sense that Eve was of the body of Adam who also became his wife is an admission that logic and reasoning and understanding simple words is not your strong point. This is especially true since the land grant to Abraham and his family through Isaac and Jacob has been clearly defined and the seat of government Jerusalem has been defined and described as the city of the Great King has been destroyed and ravished by the Babylonians for the following reasons; You need to read this and think and remember the blessing and the curse as they entered into the land;

Jer 25: The word that came to Jeremiah concerning all the people of Judah in the fourth year of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of Judah, that was the first year of Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon;
2 The which Jeremiah the prophet spake unto all the people of Judah, and to all the inhabitants of Jerusalem, saying,
3 From the thirteenth year of Josiah the son of Amon king of Judah, even unto this day, that is the three and twentieth year, the word of the Lord hath come unto me, and I have spoken unto you, rising early and speaking; but ye have not hearkened.
4 And the Lord hath sent unto you all his servants the prophets, rising early and sending them; but ye have not hearkened, nor inclined your ear to hear.

5 They said, Turn ye again now every one from his evil way, and from the evil of your doings, and dwell in the land that the Lord hath given unto you and to your fathers for ever and ever:
6 And go not after other gods to serve them, and to worship them, and provoke me not to anger with the works of your hands; and I will do you no hurt.
7 Yet ye have not hearkened unto me, saith the Lord; that ye might provoke me to anger with the works of your hands to your own hurt.
8 Therefore thus saith the Lord of hosts; Because ye have not heard my words,
9 Behold, I will send and take all the families of the north, saith the Lord, and Nebuchadrezzar the king of Babylon, my servant, and will bring them against this land, and against the inhabitants thereof, and against all these nations round about, and will utterly destroy them, and make them an astonishment, and an hissing, and perpetual desolations.
10 Moreover I will take from them the voice of mirth, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride, the sound of the millstones, and the light of the candle.

11 And this whole land shall be a desolation, and an astonishment; and these nations shall serve the king of Babylon seventy years.
12 And it shall come to pass, when seventy years are accomplished, that I will punish the king of Babylon, and that nation, saith the Lord, for their iniquity, and the land of the Chaldeans, and will make it perpetual desolations.

NOTE:
In the scriptures this phrase "and it shall come to pass" transcends the immediate context and adds details that are further out into the future yet are similar to the circumstances that provoked the prophecy. God's prophecies are in a circle. There will be a total of three dispersions and returns to the land before all is finalized. Two have already happened and we will have one more. When the final one occurs Israel will be saved in total and the law of God written on their hearts. Three in one and one in three. This is the way of God.

13 And I will bring upon that land all my words which I have pronounced against it, even all that is written in this book, which Jeremiah hath prophesied against all the nations.
14 For many nations and great kings shall serve themselves of them also: and I will recompense them according to their deeds, and according to the works of their own hands.
15 For thus saith the Lord God of Israel unto me; Take the wine cup of this fury at my hand, and cause all the nations, to whom I send thee, to drink it.
16 And they shall drink, and be moved, and be mad, because of the sword that I will send among them.
17 Then took I the cup at the Lord's hand, and made all the nations to drink, unto whom the Lord had sent me:

18 To wit, Jerusalem, and the cities of Judah, and the kings thereof, and the princes thereof, to make them a desolation, an astonishment, an hissing, and a curse; as it is this day;
19 Pharaoh king of Egypt, and his servants, and his princes, and all his people;
20 And all the mingled people, and all the kings of the land of Uz, and all the kings of the land of the Philistines, and Ashkelon, and Azzah, and Ekron, and the remnant of Ashdod,
21 Edom, and Moab, and the children of Ammon,
22 And all the kings of Tyrus, and all the kings of Zidon, and the kings of the isles which are beyond the sea,
23 Dedan, and Tema, and Buz, and all that are in the utmost corners,
24 And all the kings of Arabia, and all the kings of the mingled people that dwell in the desert,
25 And all the kings of Zimri, and all the kings of Elam, and all the kings of the Medes,
26 And all the kings of the north, far and near, one with another, and all the kingdoms of the world, which are upon the face of the earth: and the king of Sheshach shall drink after them.

27 Therefore thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Drink ye, and be drunken, and spue, and fall, and rise no more, because of the sword which I will send among you.
28 And it shall be, if they refuse to take the cup at thine hand to drink, then shalt thou say unto them, Thus saith the Lord of hosts; Ye shall certainly drink.

29 For, lo, I begin to bring evil on the city which is called by my name, and should ye be utterly unpunished? Ye shall not be unpunished: for I will call for a sword upon all the inhabitants of the earth, saith the Lord of hosts.

This far exceeds what happened to Bobylon during the days of Daniels prophecy.

30 Therefore prophesy thou against them all these words, and say unto them, The Lord shall roar from on high, and utter his voice from his holy habitation; he shall mightily roar upon his habitation; he shall give a shout, as they that tread the grapes, against all the inhabitants of the earth.
31 A noise shall come even to the ends of the earth; for the Lord hath a controversy with the nations, he will plead with all flesh; he will give them that are wicked to the sword, saith the Lord.
32 Thus saith the Lord of hosts, Behold, evil shall go forth from nation to nation, and a great whirlwind shall be raised up from the coasts of the earth.
33 And the slain of the Lord shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground.

34 Howl, ye shepherds, and cry; and wallow yourselves in the ashes, ye principal of the flock: for the days of your slaughter and of your dispersions are accomplished; and ye shall fall like a pleasant vessel.
35 And the shepherds shall have no way to flee, nor the principal of the flock to escape.
36 A voice of the cry of the shepherds, and an howling of the principal of the flock, shall be heard: for the Lord hath spoiled their pasture.
37 And the peaceable habitations are cut down because of the fierce anger of the Lord.
38 He hath forsaken his covert, as the lion: for their land is desolate because of the fierceness of the oppressor, and because of his fierce anger.

This looks forward to "the day of the LORD" judgements that are yet to come upon the whole earth even in our day during which Israel will be purged and purified sevenfold.

The church of Jesus Christ is not a nation. It is a body. To contend that all these prophets of the OT were speaking of the church of Jesus Christ is illogical and unreasonable and false doctrine. The church has the imputed righteousness of Christ because it's members are in Christ and Christ is in them. This is not true of Israel.

It is a huge disconnect to suppose that a prophecy to a particular nation and people is not true because of letters written to a church. To suppose that Daniel 9:24 is written and fulfilled in the church of Jesus Christ, which is his body and bride in the same sense that Eve was of the body of Adam who also became his wife is an admission that logic and reasoning and understanding simple words is not your strong point. This is especially true since the land grant to Abraham and his family through Isaac and Jacob has been clearly defined and the seat of government Jerusalem has been defined and described as the city of the Great King has been destroyed and ravished by the Babylonians for the following reasons; You need to read this and think and remember the blessing and the curse as they entered into the land;

Jer 25: The word that came to Jeremiah concerning all the people of Judah in the fourth year of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of Judah, that was the first year of Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon;
2 The which Jeremiah the prophet spake unto all the people of Judah, and to all the inhabitants of Jerusalem, saying,
3 From the thirteenth year of Josiah the son of Amon king of Judah, even unto this day, that is the three and twentieth year, the word of the Lord hath come unto me, and I have spoken unto you, rising early and speaking; but ye have not hearkened.
4 And the Lord hath sent unto you all his servants the prophets, rising early and sending them; but ye have not hearkened, nor inclined your ear to hear.

5 They said, Turn ye again now every one from his evil way, and from the evil of your doings, and dwell in the land that the Lord hath given unto you and to your fathers for ever and ever:
6 And go not after other gods to serve them, and to worship them, and provoke me not to anger with the works of your hands; and I will do you no hurt.
7 Yet ye have not hearkened unto me, saith the Lord; that ye might provoke me to anger with the works of your hands to your own hurt.
8 Therefore thus saith the Lord of hosts; Because ye have not heard my words,
9 Behold, I will send and take all the families of the north, saith the Lord, and Nebuchadrezzar the king of Babylon, my servant, and will bring them against this land, and against the inhabitants thereof, and against all these nations round about, and will utterly destroy them, and make them an astonishment, and an hissing, and perpetual desolations.
10 Moreover I will take from them the voice of mirth, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride, the sound of the millstones, and the light of the candle.

11 And this whole land shall be a desolation, and an astonishment; and these nations shall serve the king of Babylon seventy years.
12 And it shall come to pass, when seventy years are accomplished, that I will punish the king of Babylon, and that nation, saith the Lord, for their iniquity, and the land of the Chaldeans, and will make it perpetual desolations.

NOTE:
In the scriptures this phrase "and it shall come to pass" transcends the immediate context and adds details that are further out into the future yet are similar to the circumstances that provoked the prophecy. God's prophecies are in a circle. There will be a total of three dispersions and returns to the land before all is finalized. Two have already happened and we will have one more. When the final one occurs Israel will be saved in total and the law of God written on their hearts. Three in one and one in three. This is the way of God.

13 And I will bring upon that land all my words which I have pronounced against it, even all that is written in this book, which Jeremiah hath prophesied against all the nations.
14 For many nations and great kings shall serve themselves of them also: and I will recompense them according to their deeds, and according to the works of their own hands.
15 For thus saith the Lord God of Israel unto me; Take the wine cup of this fury at my hand, and cause all the nations, to whom I send thee, to drink it.
16 And they shall drink, and be moved, and be mad, because of the sword that I will send among them.
17 Then took I the cup at the Lord's hand, and made all the nations to drink, unto whom the Lord had sent me:

18 To wit, Jerusalem, and the cities of Judah, and the kings thereof, and the princes thereof, to make them a desolation, an astonishment, an hissing, and a curse; as it is this day;
19 Pharaoh king of Egypt, and his servants, and his princes, and all his people;
20 And all the mingled people, and all the kings of the land of Uz, and all the kings of the land of the Philistines, and Ashkelon, and Azzah, and Ekron, and the remnant of Ashdod,
21 Edom, and Moab, and the children of Ammon,
22 And all the kings of Tyrus, and all the kings of Zidon, and the kings of the isles which are beyond the sea,
23 Dedan, and Tema, and Buz, and all that are in the utmost corners,
24 And all the kings of Arabia, and all the kings of the mingled people that dwell in the desert,
25 And all the kings of Zimri, and all the kings of Elam, and all the kings of the Medes,
26 And all the kings of the north, far and near, one with another, and all the kingdoms of the world, which are upon the face of the earth: and the king of Sheshach shall drink after them.

27 Therefore thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Drink ye, and be drunken, and spue, and fall, and rise no more, because of the sword which I will send among you.
28 And it shall be, if they refuse to take the cup at thine hand to drink, then shalt thou say unto them, Thus saith the Lord of hosts; Ye shall certainly drink.

29 For, lo, I begin to bring evil on the city which is called by my name, and should ye be utterly unpunished? Ye shall not be unpunished: for I will call for a sword upon all the inhabitants of the earth, saith the Lord of hosts.

This far exceeds what happened to Bobylon during the days of Daniels prophecy.

30 Therefore prophesy thou against them all these words, and say unto them, The Lord shall roar from on high, and utter his voice from his holy habitation; he shall mightily roar upon his habitation; he shall give a shout, as they that tread the grapes, against all the inhabitants of the earth.
31 A noise shall come even to the ends of the earth; for the Lord hath a controversy with the nations, he will plead with all flesh; he will give them that are wicked to the sword, saith the Lord.
32 Thus saith the Lord of hosts, Behold, evil shall go forth from nation to nation, and a great whirlwind shall be raised up from the coasts of the earth.
33 And the slain of the Lord shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground.

34 Howl, ye shepherds, and cry; and wallow yourselves in the ashes, ye principal of the flock: for the days of your slaughter and of your dispersions are accomplished; and ye shall fall like a pleasant vessel.
35 And the shepherds shall have no way to flee, nor the principal of the flock to escape.
36 A voice of the cry of the shepherds, and an howling of the principal of the flock, shall be heard: for the Lord hath spoiled their pasture.
37 And the peaceable habitations are cut down because of the fierce anger of the Lord.
38 He hath forsaken his covert, as the lion: for their land is desolate because of the fierceness of the oppressor, and because of his fierce anger.

This looks forward to "the day of the LORD" judgements that are yet to come upon the whole earth even in our day during which Israel will be purged and purified sevenfold.

The church of Jesus Christ is not a nation. It is a body. To contend that all these prophets of the OT were speaking of the church of Jesus Christ is illogical and unreasonable and false doctrine. The church has the imputed righteousness of Christ because it's members are in Christ and Christ is in them. This is not true of Israel.
Er scripture disputes you

1 Peter 2:9 (ESV) — 9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

The real disconnect would be to imagine spiritual blessings are dependant on ethnicity

God's promise of the Holy Spirit made first to Israel is fulfilled in the church

Er scripture disputes you

1 Peter 2:9 (ESV) — 9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

The real disconnect would be to imagine spiritual blessings are dependant on ethnicity

God's promise of the Holy Spirit made first to Israel is fulfilled in the church
You will not accept this and you surely will not believe it but Peter made it very clear to whom he addressed his letter. I will quote it for you.
1 Peter 1:1-2
1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,
2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

His second letter was to the same ethnic group.

2 Peter 3:1-2
1 This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:
2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

He is speaking to people who have a foundation in the OT prophets in circa AD 66 after some 35 years of church age experience. These certainly are not gentiles for several reasons but this would not make sense if they were:,

1 Peter 2:11-12
11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;
12 Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

These are not gentiles. They are strangers and pilgrims. A stranger in this context is someone who is sojourning in someone else’s land besides their own.
Notice what Peter said in this same context.
1 Peter 2:9-10
9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

This is key to understanding Peters mission.
1) in time past were not a people
2) now they are the people of God
3) they had in time past had not obtained mercy
4) now they have obtained mercy

Who has these things said about them before?

The answer is here.

Ho 1:1 The word of the LORD that came unto Hosea, the son of Beeri, in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah, and in the days of Jeroboam the son of Joash, king of Israel.

[remember the blessing and the curse in the Palestinian covenant in Deut 30]

2 The beginning of the word of the LORD by Hosea. And the LORD said to Hosea, Go, take unto thee a wife of whoredoms and children of whoredoms: for the land hath committed great whoredom, [departing] from the LORD.
3 So he went and took Gomer the daughter of Diblaim; which conceived, and bare him a son.
4 And the LORD said unto him, Call his name Jezreel; for yet a little while, and I will avenge the blood of Jezreel upon the house of Jehu, and will cause to cease the kingdom of the house of Israel.
5 And it shall come to pass at that day, that I will break the bow of Israel in the valley of Jezreel.
6 And she conceived again, and bare a daughter. And God said unto him, Call her name Loruhamah: for I will no more have mercy upon the house of Israel; but I will utterly take them away.
7 But I will have mercy upon the house of Judah, and will save them by the LORD their God, and will not save them by bow, nor by sword, nor by battle, by horses, nor by horsemen.

8 Now when she had weaned Loruhamah, she conceived, and bare a son.
9 Then said God, Call his name Loammi: for ye are not my people, and I will not be your God.
10 Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God. (read 1 Peter here)
11 Then shall the children of Judah and the children of Israel be gathered together, and appoint themselves one head, and they shall come up out of the land: for great shall be the day of Jezreel.

Paul spoke of these people in Rom 9 some 700 years later;

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

25 As he saith also in Osee, (Hosea) I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.
26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God. (Read 1 Pet 2:2 now)
27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:
28 For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.
29 And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha.

30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.
31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

What we learn from the above is that God counts his covenant people as gentiles and as strangers from the covenants of promise and not his people when they are outside of their national boundaries. Those of this ethnic group who are saved by faith in Christ are considered a remnant. According to the prophecy in Ho 1:11 they will eventually be united with Judah back in their land and be the people of God with one head, Jesus Christ.

Ga 2:1 Then fourteen years after I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and took Titus with me also.
2 And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.
3 But neither Titus, who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised:
4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:
5 To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.
6 But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man’s person) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me:

7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles)
9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.
10 Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which I also was forward to do.

Remember who Peter wrote his letter to.

2 And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.
3 But neither Titus, who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised:
4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:
5 To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.
6 But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man’s person) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me:
7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter; (NOTE: this is not two different gospels but two different ethnic groups)
8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles)
9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.
10 Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which I also was forward to do.

11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.
13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.
14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?
15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles,
16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.
18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.

1Pe 1:1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

A logical deduction and reasonable assumption is that the strangers scattered in Galatia were among the circumcision or it would make no sense to find Peter ministering to them and writing holy Scripture and claiming that Jesus Christ is fulfilling OT prophecy by what he was doing. These people were the same as Hosea wrote to ethnically.

You greatly err by not rightly dividing the word of God and you reach wrong conclusions by not believing the words you read. Peter did not pass on church doctrine to the strangers, Paul did that in this same area. Peter dealt with the faithfulness of God in his dealings with these people in his prophetic promises. These people were the first to be ministered to in this age before the gospel went west to the gentiles of Europe where Peter and the other apostles did not go.

Paul wrote to these churches to teach them NT church doctrine and explain their privileges in the New Testament. Look at the amazing words of the apostle Paul to these strangers and pilgrims;

Eph 2:12 That at that time (at what time - read verse 11) ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

Here is admonition to Timothy, a convert of Paul from Ephesus.
1Ti 5:10 Well reported of for good works; if she have brought up children, if she have lodged strangers, if she have washed the saints’ feet, if she have relieved the afflicted, if she have diligently followed every good work.

Now we know who the strangers are.

Last edited:
This is key to understanding Peters mission.
1) in time past were not a people
2) now they are the people of God
3) they had in time past had not obtained mercy
4) now they have obtained mercy
That sounds like the church comprised of Jew and gentile in Christ

in Peter, it refers mainly to those who had been Gentiles, and who had never been recognised as the people of God

Albert Barnes, Notes on the New Testament: James to Jude (ed. Robert Frew; London: Blackie & Son, 1884–1885), 143.

Peter closed this portion of his letter of encouragement with a moving exhortation for his readers to practice holiness. He reminded them that, in contrast with the disobedient who are destined for destruction, they were a chosen (eklekton; cf. “elect,” eklektois, 1:1) people. Peter again echoed the Old Testament, specifically Isaiah 43:20. “Chosen people,” which used to apply only to Israel, was now used of both Jewish and Gentile believers. The responsibility once solely trusted to the nation of Israel has now, during this Age of Grace, been given to the church. At Sinai, God told Moses to tell the people, “You will be for Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation” (Ex. 19:6). Now believers in the Church Age are called a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God. Peter called Christians “a holy priesthood” (1 Peter 2:5) and “a royal priesthood” (2:9; cf. Rev. 1:6)

Roger M. Raymer, “1 Peter,” in The Bible Knowledge Commentary: An Exposition of the Scriptures (ed. J. F. Walvoord and R. B. Zuck; vol. 2; Wheaton, IL: Victor Books, 1985), 2845.

Rather than Jews based on ethnicity in national status those in the church

Back
Top Bottom