Why there can be no gap between the 69th and 70th week

I sent time in Calvary chapel. I enjoyed it there.
This one is the only one I've found that doesn't teach the "T" total depravity from Calvinism that Chuck Smith taught.

What is that saying that one rotten apple can spoil the whole bunch? Is it apple? Or something else.

The idea of a gap is a historical anomaly not held until the rise of dispensationalism. 1800 years passed before anyone believed in it.
The last days have finally arrived, so God knows it was only profitable for us now Especially Philadelphia.

Last edited:
we can read it was the last days 2000 years ago
Hosea 6
Come, and let us return to the Lord;
For He has torn, but He will heal us;
He has stricken, but He will bind us up.
2 After two days He will revive us;
On the third day He will raise us up,

That we may live in His sight.
3 Let us know,
Let us pursue the knowledge of the Lord.
His going forth is established as the morning;
He will come to us like the rain,
Like the latter and former rain to the earth.

2 After 2,000 years He will revive Israel.
During the Millennium He will raise them up

Romans 11:25-26 all Israel will be saved.

70 sevens are given to

Daniel 9:24 (NASB 2020) — 24 “Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the wrongdoing, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for guilt, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy, and to anoint the Most Holy Place.

69 weeks takes us only to messiah (the anointed one)

Daniel 9:25 (NASB 2020) — 25 So you are to know and understand that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem, until Messiah the Prince, there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with streets and moat, even in times of distress.

There has been no passion of the Christ, No crucifixion, no death, no resurrection, no atonement. These things are not in the 69 week

There is yet one more week when according to the gap theory the prince of the people who will come shall make a covenant for that week (presumably for a rebuilt temple) and in the middle of the week put a stop to sacrifice there

so none of the 70 weeks are allotted to make an end of sin, to make atonement for guilt, to bring in everlasting righteousness, by the sacrifice of Christ

Christs atonement is skipped over and all that was to transpire in the 70 weeks does not come to pass. No true end to sin has been accomplished, no permanent atonement for guilt, and no everlasting righteousness

In other words, no plan of salvation brought about by the sacrifice of Christ

Inserting a gap denies what has been accomplished by Christ through his sacrifice
You have missed the memo. A remnant of Israel was saved by the gospel of Jesus Christ, but only a remnant. You may read about it in the epistle to the Romans, which was written in 58 AD, This is 28 years after the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. I suggest reading the first 3 verses of Rom 11. The remnant doctrine is as old as the family of Jacob. Never have every one of the family been spiritual throughout their history. The flesh wars against God.

Why is this important in the conversation? It is because God sees collective Israel as a single entity, as one man. He has been the son of God, his firstborn. He, Israel, was born of the flesh and God gave him external laws like all fleshly men have. These laws working in his conscience are designed by God to discipline him although there is no other power to check his desires, good or bad.

It is because God will save this son collectively and establish his kingdom through him. The citizens of the kingdom MUST be established before the kingdom is realized physically because it is a kingdom of righteousness. The foundation of this kingdom is Jewish so the Jews must be saved first. This is why the savior, Jesus Christ is speaking to and referencing the nation through one of her rulers in John 3 and says a "man" must be born again before he can enter into the kingdom of God. The first manifestation of this kingdom is spiritual and when all the citizens are chosen through a new birth then Jesus Christ will fulfill all his prophecies concerning his righteous kingdom and the Abrahamic, the Palestinian, and the Davidic covenants which were made years before Jesus Christ through his atoning sacrifice established the New Covenant in his blood by which he would take away sins and give his indwelling eternal Holy Spirit of Life who will be the power of the perfect righteousness God demands of his sons and his citizens.

God is dealing with Israel first under the principle of grace under the New Testament, the only principle that would work while he calls out a citizenship like he describes for an eternal rule without sinners. Because the nation of Israel is reckoned by God as dead by the generation that was tasked to receive the Messiah and only a small remnant of this nation did believe while the national rulers declared they would not have this man to rule over them, Jesus Christ declared the sin of this generation was unpardonable and there was nothing left for them but a burial. This took place in 70 AD when the Roman army destroyed the Jewish seat of government and tore down and looted their temple and killed over a million citizens and dispersed them into the nations of the world in what God called the graves of his people. This thing went horribly wrong, not because of God and Jesus Christ but because of the unbelief of this generation. It was then that God began fulfilling his purpose of forming the church of Jesus Christ with gentile believers along with the remnant of believing Jews. The covenant people are cut off from their covenants when they are off their land and are as gentiles. This can be proven by the gentiles in Romans 9 who are the 10 tribes of Israel yet still of the stock of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Paul quotes Hosea 1 to prove this. This is why the church is reckoned by God as a gentile church and the Jewish men of the OT who were married to gentile women are the type, beginning with Rebekah and Isaac. The Jewish believers are called the remnant according to the election of grace.
This age is therefore a mystery and is not a consideration of the prophets of the Old Testament. All things in this age are new and revealed by God. Even with the scriptures some of you fellows are proving it to be true by your commentary. Our Lord Jesus Christ said a man cannot see, as perceive the kingdom unless they are born again for though it is revealed by the scriptures and history one must have it revealed to his mind by the Spirit.

So, during the time of Israel's physical death and burial in the nations time has not progressed. Time is not counted against dead men or dead nations. There is a separation between the 69th and 70th years of the prophecy whether you can see it or not. Israel, like Jesus said, one cannot see it unless he is born again. The prophets of Israel declared a resurrection and rebirth of the nation. In God's count the nation was in the grave for 2 days (a day is as a thousand years and a thousand years as a day) They have not yet been reborn.

Ho 6:1 Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we
shall live in his sight.
3 Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.

Acts 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

Acts 3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let [him] go.
14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;
15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.
16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.
17 And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as [did] also your rulers.
18 But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.
19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.
23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.
24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.
25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.
26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Isa 24:6 Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.

Isa 26:21 For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

God has earthly and national covenants he must keep with Abraham and his family, and he will during the final week of the 70 weeks prophecy. The few who are left after his baptism by fire will all be saved. That is his goal.

Mt 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

Check Israel out. There is an abundance of chaff there now.

Last edited:
So, during the time of Israel's physical death and burial in the nations time has not progressed.
Time has not progressed?
Time is not counted against dead men or dead nations.
These seem like mere assertions without any valid reason to make them
There is a separation between the 69th and 70th years of the prophecy whether you can see it or not. Israel, like Jesus said, one cannot see it unless he is born again.
Now you're questioning one as not being born again if they don't understand an end time view? You don't think you're maybe not overstating your case?

Time has not progressed?

Now you're questioning one as not being born again if they don't understand an end time view? You don't think you're maybe not overstating your case?
There are 66 Bible books that affirm these truths. There are 6000 years of human history in time to draw from, with 1000 years left.
Time has not progressed?

<sigh>
The generation of Jesus Christ, commonly called "this generation" ended in 70 AD. Moses said in Psa 90:10 "Ps 90:10 The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet [is] their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.
God pronounced a curse on this generation because he chose this generation in which to come to the earth as a man. Death is no more or no less than a separation or a departure. Jesus Christ left the temple for the last time just before his crucifixion by his own nation and people. Check out the OT and see if the tabernacle and the temple is not where God met with his people and ruled them. Their sin, he said, was unforgivable and there was no national repentance at the end of those 70 years. Therefore it will be a different and later generation that will receive Jesus Christ the next time he appears. The 40 years between the cross and resurrection of Jesus Christ was a probationary time like the provocation in the wilderness because they would not by faith enter the promised land. This connection is made in Hebrews 3. One is a type of the other and a prophecy.
You greatly err by not rightly dividing the word of God.
I am not going to apologize for quoting Jesus Christ. I am accusing no one of anything, but he is. He is specifically addressing his comments about his kingdom. He does have a kingdom. It is real.

I almost forgot to prove that Israel is a single entity in the mind of God, his firstborn son. Born after the flesh.

Ex 4:
21 And the LORD said unto Moses, When thou goest to return into Egypt, see that thou do all those wonders before Pharaoh, which I have put in thine hand: but I will harden his heart, that he shall not let the people go.
22 And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:
23 And I say unto thee, Let my son go, that he may serve me: and if thou refuse to let him go, behold, I will slay thy son, even thy firstborn.

Last edited:
There are 66 Bible books that affirm these truths. There are 6000 years of human history in time to draw from, with 1000 years left.
OK. And?
Others may get exasperated with your posts too. Keep that in mind.
God pronounced a curse on this generation because he chose this generation in which to come to the earth as a man.
For the reason that Jesus came to the earth as a man is not why Jesus told them the nation was doomed. Speak more clearly.
Therefore it will be a different and later generation that will receive Jesus Christ the next time he appears.
And what about Christian Jews who accepted Christ after 70 AD until the present time?

The 40 years between the cross and resurrection of Jesus Christ was a probationary time like the provocation in the wilderness because they would not by faith enter the promised land.
I wouldn't say so. For the reason that Jesus had already told them their house is left to them desolate. He didn't say as a nation he was going to see if they'd do better the judgement of the nation was complete. Didn't of course mean individual Jews wouldn't be saved but he knew it would be in relatively small numbers.

I am not going to apologize for quoting Jesus Christ.
But you're not an island by yourself in this. One's who don't agree with you won't apologize for the same too. The question always is, ARE YOU and others interpreting correcting what you're quoting from Jesus. Perhaps keep an open mind that you're not infallible.
I almost forgot to prove that Israel is a single entity in the mind of God, his firstborn son. Born after the flesh.
Yes. But forgive me but what's your point?

You have missed the memo. A remnant of Israel was saved by the gospel of Jesus Christ, but only a remnant. You may read about it in the epistle to the Romans, which was written in 58 AD, This is 28 years after the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. I suggest reading the first 3 verses of Rom 11. The remnant doctrine is as old as the family of Jacob. Never have every one of the family been spiritual throughout their history. The flesh wars against God.

Why is this important in the conversation? It is because God sees collective Israel as a single entity, as one man. He has been the son of God, his firstborn. He, Israel, was born of the flesh and God gave him external laws like all fleshly men have. These laws working in his conscience are designed by God to discipline him although there is no other power to check his desires, good or bad.

It is because God will save this son collectively and establish his kingdom through him. The citizens of the kingdom MUST be established before the kingdom is realized physically because it is a kingdom of righteousness. The foundation of this kingdom is Jewish so the Jews must be saved first. This is why the savior, Jesus Christ is speaking to and referencing the nation through one of her rulers in John 3 and says a "man" must be born again before he can enter into the kingdom of God. The first manifestation of this kingdom is spiritual and when all the citizens are chosen through a new birth then Jesus Christ will fulfill all his prophecies concerning his righteous kingdom and the Abrahamic, the Palestinian, and the Davidic covenants which were made years before Jesus Christ through his atoning sacrifice established the New Covenant in his blood by which he would take away sins and give his indwelling eternal Holy Spirit of Life who will be the power of the perfect righteousness God demands of his sons and his citizens.

God is dealing with Israel first under the principle of grace under the New Testament, the only principle that would work while he calls out a citizenship like he describes for an eternal rule without sinners. Because the nation of Israel is reckoned by God as dead by the generation that was tasked to receive the Messiah and only a small remnant of this nation did believe while the national rulers declared they would not have this man to rule over them, Jesus Christ declared the sin of this generation was unpardonable and there was nothing left for them but a burial. This took place in 70 AD when the Roman army destroyed the Jewish seat of government and tore down and looted their temple and killed over a million citizens and dispersed them into the nations of the world in what God called the graves of his people. This thing went horribly wrong, not because of God and Jesus Christ but because of the unbelief of this generation. It was then that God began fulfilling his purpose of forming the church of Jesus Christ with gentile believers along with the remnant of believing Jews. The covenant people are cut off from their covenants when they are off their land and are as gentiles. This can be proven by the gentiles in Romans 9 who are the 10 tribes of Israel yet still of the stock of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Paul quotes Hosea 1 to prove this. This is why the church is reckoned by God as a gentile church and the Jewish men of the OT who were married to gentile women are the type, beginning with Rebekah and Isaac. The Jewish believers are called the remnant according to the election of grace.
This age is therefore a mystery and is not a consideration of the prophets of the Old Testament. All things in this age are new and revealed by God. Even with the scriptures some of you fellows are proving it to be true by your commentary. Our Lord Jesus Christ said a man cannot see, as perceive the kingdom unless they are born again for though it is revealed by the scriptures and history one must have it revealed to his mind by the Spirit.

So, during the time of Israel's physical death and burial in the nations time has not progressed. Time is not counted against dead men or dead nations. There is a separation between the 69th and 70th years of the prophecy whether you can see it or not. Israel, like Jesus said, one cannot see it unless he is born again. The prophets of Israel declared a resurrection and rebirth of the nation. In God's count the nation was in the grave for 2 days (a day is as a thousand years and a thousand years as a day) They have not yet been reborn.

Ho 6:1 Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we
shall live in his sight.
3 Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.

Acts 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

Acts 3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let [him] go.
14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;
15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.
16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.
17 And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as [did] also your rulers.
18 But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.
19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.
23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.
24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.
25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.
26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Isa 24:6 Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.

Isa 26:21 For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

God has earthly and national covenants he must keep with Abraham and his family, and he will during the final week of the 70 weeks prophecy. The few who are left after his baptism by fire will all be saved. That is his goal.

Mt 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

Check Israel out. There is an abundance of chaff there now.
You have not shown there is any validity in inserting a gap 4 times larger than the duration of 70 weeks and skipping over the atonement of Christ to speak of some unknown character in some unknown future

Daniel 9:24 (KJV 1900) — 24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

&0 weeks of years not 2500 plus years and counting

Hosea 6
Come, and let us return to the Lord;
For He has torn, but He will heal us;
He has stricken, but He will bind us up.
2 After two days He will revive us;
On the third day He will raise us up,

That we may live in His sight.
3 Let us know,
Let us pursue the knowledge of the Lord.
His going forth is established as the morning;
He will come to us like the rain,
Like the latter and former rain to the earth.

2 After 2,000 years He will revive Israel.
During the Millennium He will raise them up

Romans 11:25-26 all Israel will be saved.
And?

Daniel 7:13–14 (KJV 1900) — 13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. 14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Luke 19:12–13 (KJV 1900) — 12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return. 13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.

Ephesians 1:20–23 (ESV) — 20 that he worked in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, 21 far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. 22 And he put all things under his feet and gave him as head over all things to the church, 23 which is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all.

And?

Daniel 7:13–14 (KJV 1900) — 13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. 14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Luke 19:12–13 (KJV 1900) — 12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return. 13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.

Ephesians 1:20–23 (ESV) — 20 that he worked in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, 21 far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. 22 And he put all things under his feet and gave him as head over all things to the church, 23 which is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all.
Hosea speaks for itself if you can understand this prophecy. A day is 1,000 years.

Hosea speaks for itself if you can understand this prophecy. A day is 1,000 years.
No justification for arbitrarily inserting that wherever you like

Christ received his kingdomn when he returned to the Father

Acts 2:29–36 (ESV) — 29 “Brothers, I may say to you with confidence about the patriarch David that he both died and was buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. 30 Being therefore a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that he would set one of his descendants on his throne, 31 he foresaw and spoke about the resurrection of the Christ, that he was not abandoned to Hades, nor did his flesh see corruption. 32 This Jesus God raised up, and of that we all are witnesses. 33 Being therefore exalted at the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has poured out this that you yourselves are seeing and hearing. 34 For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he himself says, “ ‘The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at my right hand, 35 until I make your enemies your footstool.” ’ 36 Let all the house of Israel therefore know for certain that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified.”

Our God reigns!

No justification for arbitrarily inserting that wherever you like

Christ received his kingdomn when he returned to the Father

Acts 2:29–36 (ESV) — 29 “Brothers, I may say to you with confidence about the patriarch David that he both died and was buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. 30 Being therefore a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that he would set one of his descendants on his throne, 31 he foresaw and spoke about the resurrection of the Christ, that he was not abandoned to Hades, nor did his flesh see corruption. 32 This Jesus God raised up, and of that we all are witnesses. 33 Being therefore exalted at the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has poured out this that you yourselves are seeing and hearing. 34 For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he himself says, “ ‘The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at my right hand, 35 until I make your enemies your footstool.” ’ 36 Let all the house of Israel therefore know for certain that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified.”

Our God reigns!
We don't have the same foundation to continue in eschatology. But if you see me on another topic chime in.

You have not shown there is any validity in inserting a gap 4 times larger than the duration of 70 weeks and skipping over the atonement of Christ to speak of some unknown character in some unknown future

Daniel 9:24 (KJV 1900) — 24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

&0 weeks of years not 2500 plus years and counting
You have missed the memo. A "gap" is not in the memo. What is in the memo is a national death. Time does not advance when one dies. Notice in the text you quoted above who is being addressed. The 70 weeks are determined upon "thy people." That would be Daniel's people, the Jews. The holy city of the people of Israel is Jerusalem. When the scriptures are using the terminology "the people" distinctly, they are speaking of Israel.

This is a prophecy to Israel. It is not a prophecy to you or me. Every jot and tittle of this prophecy must come to pass in a demonstrable manner or it is a lie. Every jot and tittle of this prophecy has not come to pass yet. The reason for this is that the dead nation was buried in the graveyard of the nations at their dispersion in 70 AD by the Romans. The reason for this is because this nation refused to repent and be born again after the resurrection of Jesus Christ whom they killed. God gave them 40 years of probation, the time after his death, burial, and resurrection until they ceased to be.

Here is the prophecy in a parable during the late days of the ministry of Jesus Christ on the earth;

1 There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.
2 And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?
3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?
5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
6 He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none.
7 Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground?
8 And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it:
9 And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down.

It was cut down and removed by the Romans in 70 AD.

The fig tree figures prominently in the prophecy of Jesus Christ during his earthly ministry. It is the figure for national Israel. Forty years numbers God's probation and judgement. There was a figure for the failure to enter into the salvation rest of God when his time was full and it was at the provocation of the nation under Moses. Near the end of the 40 years this very incident is used as a warning to this generation of Jesus Christ (Matt 1:1) lest they fail after the same manner of unbelief. Jesus Christ would have returned in 70 AD had Israel and the Jews been born again as a people as he had commanded in Acts 2:38 and Acts 3:26. As it were their national identity was dissolved and they were as gentiles for two thousand years.

He 3:7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
11 So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest)
12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end; [note- the end of the probation time]
15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
16 For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.
17 But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?
18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.
1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Jesus said to a ruler of the Jews in Jn 3:5 that a man must be born again to enter his kingdom. He said that in the immediate context of the Jews and his kingdom message of his earthly ministry. They refused to be born again, except a small remnant of common folk, and obviously his kingdom could not be established through the Jews at that time if being born again before entering was the criteria. God is now leading history to a time when he will raise the nation from the dead and will purge out all the dross through a baptism of fire and the end will be few men left but all born again over whom he will be anointed as King.

Ro 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

The context will identify "them" as being Israel.

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

The "them" is identified by the context as being Jacob whose name was changed to Israel when he was converted.

All the gentiles promises comes through the Jews.

The scriptures are reasonable and logical if one believes the words and honors context.

You have missed the memo. A "gap" is not in the memo. What is in the memo is a national death. Time does not advance when one dies. Notice in the text you quoted above who is being addressed. The 70 weeks are determined upon "thy people." That would be Daniel's people, the Jews. The holy city of the people of Israel is Jerusalem. When the scriptures are using the terminology "the people" distinctly, they are speaking of Israel.
No I denied a gap

Back
Top Bottom