Why The Trinity is Wrong: Language Usage

I agree that not everyone has the eloquence and knowledge to lead a congregation. But that doesn't mean that everyone gets out of the way, sits back, and becomes passive. I believe that God rewards those who energetically apply themselves to spread the kingdom of God. I am a big believer in a synergistic relationship with God. We stumble and fall many times but we brush ourselves off, learn, and do better next time. I am totally against a monergistic view of God.
Christianity is not "passivism"-sit back, relax, drink beer and waste time watching TV.
You have my respect with this short, powerful answer.
Looking forward in reading more of your posts brother.
Johann.

I agree that not everyone has the eloquence and knowledge to lead a congregation.
It may not even take eloquence just obedience and commitment to God.

But that doesn't mean that everyone gets out of the way, sits back, and becomes passive.
God places everyone in the body of Christ.
Not everyone has the same ministry or gifts or temperament or talent (biblical talent) or personality or pound. But not everyone is called to preach. One must first be in a church fellowship that is Bible-base, exercises ALL the gifts of the Spirit, has apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers but not necessarily in number, seeks God and waits on their calling. But what is the teaching in churches today? It is that EVERYONE must preach the gospel, and this is error. We are not all the same part of the body. And until all these Biblical precepts are met, we are instructed to live our lives and not be a busy-body, and to always give an answer to those that ASK of the hope in us and if they are not asking then say nothing. Because for one thing the unsaved hate Christ, they neither come to himof their own volition nor do the seek Him. They love darkness and hate the light. So, when a Christian THINKS they are supposed to preach the gospel to the unsaved and God has not spoken to them to do so they are in effect mimicking and copying another brethren's ministry and not in their own and are doing damage to the body of Christ because unbelievers HATE when someone tries to tell them about "accepting Jesus into their heart" or that "God loves them" and all the other things that push them away and make us all look bad.
If you work in a firm or corporation and just hired to do a certain work you're not going to just up and start doing the job of the CEO of a president. You have to get the job first. And if you try to do that you'll get in the way in the least or get fired at the most.
But Christians think it's their mission to 'spread the gospel' all around and this is error.
I believe that God rewards those who energetically apply themselves to spread the kingdom of God.
God doesn't reward disobedience.

I am a big believer in a synergistic relationship with God.
Yes. But in the end, we must be obedient to God when He directs, instructs, and commands, and not everyone does that.

We stumble and fall many times but we brush ourselves off, learn, and do better next time. I am totally against a monergistic view of God.
It's a Master-servant relationship. There is a Head and then there are the body parts that are subservient to the Head and function as the Head commands. If not, then there's a sickness or a deformity in the body and this eventually harms the Head.
Disobedience accomplishes that.
And there's a great deal of disobedience in the body of Christ to the point that is we don't begin to become obedient to the truth of God and His Word and correct ourselves then when Christ returns His first duty will be to subdue His Church His unblushing bride.

It may not even take eloquence just obedience and commitment to God.

God places everyone in the body of Christ.
Not everyone has the same ministry or gifts or temperament or talent (biblical talent) or personality or pound. But not everyone is called to preach. One must first be in a church fellowship that is Bible-base, exercises ALL the gifts of the Spirit, has apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers but not necessarily in number, seeks God and waits on their calling. But what is the teaching in churches today? It is that EVERYONE must preach the gospel, and this is error. We are not all the same part of the body. And until all these Biblical precepts are met, we are instructed to live our lives and not be a busy-body, and to always give an answer to those that ASK of the hope in us and if they are not asking then say nothing. Because for one thing the unsaved hate Christ, they neither come to himof their own volition nor do the seek Him. They love darkness and hate the light. So, when a Christian THINKS they are supposed to preach the gospel to the unsaved and God has not spoken to them to do so they are in effect mimicking and copying another brethren's ministry and not in their own and are doing damage to the body of Christ because unbelievers HATE when someone tries to tell them about "accepting Jesus into their heart" or that "God loves them" and all the other things that push them away and make us all look bad.
If you work in a firm or corporation and just hired to do a certain work you're not going to just up and start doing the job of the CEO of a president. You have to get the job first. And if you try to do that you'll get in the way in the least or get fired at the most.
But Christians think it's their mission to 'spread the gospel' all around and this is error.

God doesn't reward disobedience.

Yes. But in the end, we must be obedient to God when He directs, instructs, and commands, and not everyone does that.

It's a Master-servant relationship. There is a Head and then there are the body parts that are subservient to the Head and function as the Head commands. If not, then there's a sickness or a deformity in the body and this eventually harms the Head.
Disobedience accomplishes that.
And there's a great deal of disobedience in the body of Christ to the point that is we don't begin to become obedient to the truth of God and His Word and correct ourselves then when Christ returns His first duty will be to subdue His Church His unblushing bride.
Hmm-well said-what is your calling?

Believe in Christ and you will be saved (Rom 10:8-18). Simple as that.
If you read 10:9, you will not that it states that you must believe that God raised Jesus from the dead. I believe that, in addition to Christ being made our Lord and Savior by God (Acts 2:26). Not sure trinitarians believe that.

The word "trinity" is not in Scripture, but the concept is.
No, I did not say the word was not in Scripture, To be clear, when I write that the trinity is not found anywhere in Scripture, I mean that neither the word nor the concept of the trinity is explicitly in the Bible.

To avoid the inevitable Appeal to Strawman, there simply is no verse that reads something like The nature of God is a trinity - consisting of the Father, Son & Holy Spirit who are co-equal, co-substantial and co-eternal - and if you do not believe this, you cannot be saved but are damned to hell forever. If there were such a verse, it would be the most quoted verse in Scripture by those who claim one’s salvation depends on believing it. The concept of the trinity is so important that in 66 books, it is not mentioned once!

If you read 10:9, you will not that it states that you must believe that God raised Jesus from the dead. I believe that, in addition to Christ being made our Lord and Savior by God (Acts 2:26). Not sure trinitarians believe that.

Do you believe Jesus had power to lay it down, and power to take it back again?

I believe that. That's called the Resurrection around our circles.

No, I did not say the word was not in Scripture, To be clear, when I write that the trinity is not found anywhere in Scripture, I mean that neither the word nor the concept of the trinity is explicitly in the Bible.

To avoid the inevitable Appeal to Strawman, there simply is no verse that reads something like The nature of God is a trinity - consisting of the Father, Son & Holy Spirit who are co-equal, co-substantial and co-eternal - and if you do not believe this, you cannot be saved but are damned to hell forever. If there were such a verse, it would be the most quoted verse in Scripture by those who claim one’s salvation depends on believing it. The concept of the trinity is so important that in 66 books, it is not mentioned once!
Let's start with John 1:1. Do you believe that verse? Believing John 1:1 won't take you fully there but it's an excellent start.

We take the Scripture as written and written in the Wisdom of God.
To tell the Scripture (or God) what to say is arrogant and prideful that if He doesn't reveal Himself in accordance with 'your' wishes then you won't believe the truth of Himself that is there revealed.
That's why He instructs us to ask, seek, and knock and to "search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me," said Jesus. Jn 5:39.

And Moses testified of Him the coming Redeemer beginning in Genesis 3:15.
Even the Hebrews knew their Redeemer would be both God and man. But the Trinity did not receive its fullest expression until the Advent of the Son. They already understood God and Spirit. That's why these religious leaders called Jesus a blasphemer when He called God His Father and that He was His Son. It was a hard thing for them to accept and you can even say they had the same attitude that because it was not stated in their Scriptures exactly like they wanted they would not believe it.
Same thing that you're doing.
There's no other way to say it.

We take the Scripture as written and written in the Wisdom of God.
Exactly! Except trinitarians do not do that. You pretend there is the trinity in Scripture when it is not. If it were, there would be no juxtaposition separating God from Jesus, e.g., Jesus is a servant of God is not taken to mean one is a servant of themselves.

Exactly! Except trinitarians do not do that. You pretend there is the trinity in Scripture when it is not. If it were, there would be no juxtaposition separating God from Jesus, e.g.,

Yes, there would be since the biblical authors were not Modalists.

Jesus is a servant of God is not taken to mean one is a servant of themselves.

See above.

This is what many of those who deny the Lord Jesus is God refuse to get through their head and hearts.

There are passages which refute Modalism and their are passages which refute Arianism.
What many from each group do is cling to the passages which they think supports their heresy and then turn a blind eye to the others which don't.

Yes, there would be since the biblical authors were not Modalists.
LOL Another trinitarian invention. What is your rejection criteria? What set of words would be evidence against the trinity?

How could monotheists write 66 books in a way that would suggest God is one and not 3-in-1 to you?

That Jesus did not teach the trinity should be significant to you. For some reason, what Jesus taught does not matter to you.

Exactly! Except trinitarians do not do that. You pretend there is the trinity in Scripture when it is not. If it were, there would be no juxtaposition separating God from Jesus, e.g., Jesus is a servant of God is not taken to mean one is a servant of themselves.
The Hebrews understood first and foremost:
There is God:

IN the beginning God [Elohim; plural] created the heaven and the earth. Gen. 1:1.

There is the Spirit:

And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Gen. 1:2.

And there is the Son:

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. Gen. 3:15.

The God/Man.
God's Son.

The Hebrews understood that this prophecy of the Redeemer would be both God and Man.
God, powerful to kill the serpent.
Man, powerless to prevent His death.

They had to toss that one around for hundreds of years maybe until more prophecies were revealed through God's prophets that helped them to understand their Redeemer's identity.

And the prophecies did not express the full identity until the Advent of their Redeemer, God's Son, both fully God and fully Man.

But there are many cults that deny His Humanity and many cults that deny His Deity.
And many cults that deny the Trinity of God expressed in Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Not Modalists is how you rationalize language usage include being a servant of yourself? Good grief! You are lost.

You are deceived big time.
If there was no differentiation between the Faher and the Son then Modalism would be true.
Get a clue.

You are deceived big time.
If there was no differentiation between the Faher and the Son then Modalism would be true.
Get a clue.
You are not recognizing Jesus is not God and that is how they are ‘different’, modalism aside.

Said differently, moralism is just a form of mystical dualism - which I reject.

Back
Top Bottom