Why are Calvinists so mean ?

No, you did, thanks. Observe: what does it mean, "it did not enter His mind" Tom? Are you denying God's omniscience?
Already addressed

It means it did not enter into his mind that this is something which he wants them to do

Why do you present otherwise?

LOL, refuting cut and pastes of work that's not your own? Am I talking to Calvin or you?
calvin the leader of your belief system becomes a hostile witness against you. :)

thats why I quote him, luther, bavinck, spurgeon and many others like RC, Mac, Piper . :)

Already addressed

It means it did not enter into his mind that this is something which he wants them to do

Why do you present otherwise?
And there is the key. He would have never COMMANDED them to do such a thing. God would never command Judas to betray His Son but that does not mean He did not plan and determine it to occur.

And there is the key. He would have never COMMANDED them to do such a thing. God would never command Judas to betray His Son but that does not mean He did not plan and determine it to occur.
The discussion is not about commanding but determining

How can God determine something without it entering his mind they should do it

you never answer

You don't have to. That is certainly what your suggesting. Belief them life right?

General Tom the Provisionist:

"word order does not establish temporal sequence"
No I ague based on cause and effect

that something must be done to accomplish an end

John 20:31 (NASB 2020) — 31 but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that by believing you may have life in His name.

John 6:53 (NASB 2020) — 53 So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves.

John 5:40 (NASB 2020) — 40 and yet you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

It's nothing but deception to try to make it about word order

readers note

John 20:31 (NASB 2020) — 31 but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that by believing you may have life in His name.

John 6:53 (NASB 2020) — 53 So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves.

John 5:40 (NASB 2020) — 40 and yet you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

readers note
Really? So something must be done to save those that are His. Agreed

Impossible 😂
Yeah I suppose that would be their classic answer for one believing God ordains EVERYTHING.....God made my choice even though it's wrong....but then maybe it's right/wrong or wrong/right or however one wants to say it all at the same time. :)

Yeah I suppose that would be their classic answer for one believing God ordains EVERYTHING.....God made my choice even though it's wrong....but then maybe it's right/wrong or wrong/right or however one wants to say it all at the same time. :)
Yep 👍

Really? So something must be done to save those that are His. Agreed

what must be done end result

readers note

stop diverting

The discussion is not about commanding but determining

How can God determine something without it entering his mind they should do it

you never answer
Yes notice the bait n switch to avoid dealing with the doctrine

Okay, good attempt at trying to shift the burden of proof. You said it's disingenuous. Prove it
Burden of proof? We've been talking about this verse (and ones similar)

.....to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire unto Molech; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my mind, that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin. Jer 32:35

The other poster stated,

"How can God determine a thing and it not enter into his mind that they should do this"

So he's got to add proof to show that if something didn't even enter one's mind that can't mean they determined it?????? Don't the words of anything speak for themselves?

So if something is soaking wet I can say at the same time it's totally dry? Of if something is really cold I can say at the same time it's really hot. That seems like the game you play with the WORD of God. God says something never entered into his mind but you say NOPE he planned it!

That's like saying something is wet/dry, cold/hot, lie/truth, brave/cowardly. When God says something never entered his mind that means you don't take things in reverse and say NOPE he planned it! You do realize right that you're insulting God by making such a charge against him when he clearly said he didn't plan it?

Back
Top Bottom