When Is A Jew Not A Jew?

Another Gospel is not what the Lord Jesus preached/taught. i.e. some preached without the KNOWLEDGE of the Holy Spirit, some had not even heard of the Holy Spirit/Ghost. Acts 19:2 "He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost." that's another Gospel right there. and some just knew the scripture, but without Spiritual discernment. i.e. Acts 18:24 "And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus."
yes, he was MIGHTY IN THE SCRIPTURES, but no discernment from the Holy Spirit, because he had to be corrected and taught himself... i.e. Acts 18:24 "And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus." Acts 18:25 "This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John." Acts 18:26 "And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly."

101G.
No, Saul had something specifically in mind when he said, "another gospel." Name it. What was Saul referring to?

No, Saul had something specifically in mind when he said, "another gospel." Name it. What was Saul referring to?
Different (Gr. heteros, v. 6) means different in kind, whereas another (Gr. allos,
v. 7) means another of the same kind. Paul is saying that the teaching the Galatians are
listening to is not a harmless variation of the truth, but a completely different, false
gospel. This “gospel” (1) is a turning away from the grace of Christ (v. 6); (2) brings
trouble to the faithful; (3) will pervert the gospel of Christ (v. 7)—it is a distortion of
the truth, a mixture of truth and falsehood; (4) is accursed or anathematized by the
Church (v. 8); and (5) is intended to please men (v. 10), not God.
Paul's warning about we, or an angel from heaven is not hypothetical. Angels can
and have delivered the gospel to us: they announced Christ's conception (Lk 1:26–38),
birth (Lk 2:9–15), Resurrection (Mt 28:5–7), and Ascension (Acts 1:9–11). But angelic
messages are not necessarily true; they may come from fallen angels, who are accursed.

How they had rejoiced when Paul first came to them with “the preaching of the cross” and “the gospel of the grace of God”! As they heard him preach, and noted the difficulty, and perhaps pain, he experienced with his eyes, one said to another: “I wish I could give him my eyes! I would gladly do without them. He needs his sight so badly, and think of the joy and blessing he has brought to us!”

Soon after his departure, however, they were taken in by the Judaizers who “zealously affected [courted]” them to draw them away from Paul and his message (Gal. 4:17). And now Paul had to write them:

“I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel” (1:6).

“O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched [charmed] you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently [plainly] set forth, crucified among you?” (3:1).

“WHERE IS THEN THE BLESSEDNESS YE SPAKE OF? for I bear you record, that, if it had been possible, ye would have plucked out your own eyes, and have given them to me” (Gal. 4:15).

Gone was the blessedness! Those who had rejoiced so greatly in the riches of God’s grace proclaimed by Paul, had now turned back to Moses and the Law.

In Paul’s epistles we find both the tendency on the part of believers to depart from the path of blessing and God’s diagnosis of the particular cause of the trouble. In every case the cause is rebellion against Paul’s God-given authority and departure from his God-given message and program.

It is "another gospel" because it denies allegiance alone to Christ and establishes allegiance to another.

It basically robs Messiah/Jesus Christ of all the Glory due Him.

Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Gal 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

jeremiah1five disinformation....... next.

101G.
YOU again!
Well, now that you're here pay attention.
The "another gospel" Saul was referring is Judaism.

6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. Gal. 1:6–9.

And the key to understanding these statements by Saulinsky are in the words "another" (vs. 6), "another" (vs. 7), "other" (vs. 8 ), and "other" (vs. 9.)

Moving forward, Saulinsky adds:

3 But neither Titus, who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised:
4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage: Gal. 2:2–4.

In other words, the person (singular) who was preaching "another good news" followed Saulinsky and taught the Christians that they needed to be circumcised and obey the Law of Moses to be saved. This person was well known and was accepted among the Christians, except what he was urging Christians to do was follow the Law of Moses (which isn't entirely incorrect.) This person was James, the half-brother of Jesus and in charge of "the Way" in Jerusalem.

Now, shall I continue, or can you go forward from here? If you need more instruction just let me know.

Sorry, but the Scripture says otherwise, and I have proved my point through them.
Read #285 again, especially the Scripture.
ERROR, JUDISM is dead as a door nail. it is no more. so preaching to be circumcise, and obeying the Mosiac Law is another gospel. as said Judaism is dead...... no more. and saying the Gentiles are separate from Jews is another Gospel. and nowhere have any commandment to build another temple. ect..... yes 101G is correct, that's jeremiah1five disinformation.. .....

101G.

ERROR, JUDISM is dead as a door nail. it is no more. so preaching to be circumcise, and obeying the Mosiac Law is another gospel. as said Judaism is dead...... no more. and saying the Gentiles are separate from Jews is another Gospel. and nowhere have any commandment to build another temple. ect..... yes 101G is correct, that's jeremiah1five disinformation.. .....

101G.
Do you know how much exalted Wisdom of God there is in His Holy Law He gave to the children of Israel which shall not pass away UNTIL all things are fulfilled? All things HAVE NOT been fulfilled as there are promises and prophecies in Daniel, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Zechariah, Joel, Ezekiel, etc., that SILL need to be fulfilled by God?

So, if there are things still left unfulfilled in Scripture, then the Law of Moses must still be viable and alive, and the command of God should be respected and obeyed by those who claim to be His followers.
Sadly, in the Constantinian Gentile churches those that claim Christ as their Savior do not obey God nor His Holy Law.

Wisdom of God there is in His Holy Law He gave to the children of Israel
this WISDOM is in Christ Jesus, as where his Law is. listen and PLEASE learn, 1 Timothy 1:9 "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers," 1 Timothy 1:10 "For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;"

did you get that? the Law is not made for a righteous man. question time, "are you in Christ?" if not then, this is for YOU, "for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 1 Timothy 1:10 "For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;"

my God how hard is it for people to learn?

101G.

this WISDOM is in Christ Jesus, as where his Law is. listen and PLEASE learn, 1 Timothy 1:9 "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers," 1 Timothy 1:10 "For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;"

did you get that? the Law is not made for a righteous man. question time, "are you in Christ?" if not then, this is for YOU, "for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 1 Timothy 1:10 "For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;"

my God how hard is it for people to learn?

101G.
That's true...on this side of glory. But it's that same Law, the Law of Moses that is put in the inward parts of the born-again Hebrew man and woman in covenant with God that leads and guides Israel as a people now and in the future when they finally occupy their Promised Land with NO GENTILES among them.
It's that same Law, the Law of Moses that God will use for His people to live by and obey as it becomes "for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works."
2 Ti 3:16–17.

And the other edge of that sword is to judge Gentiles for holding the truth of God in unrighteousness.
Aren't you excited?

That's true...on this side of glory. But it's that same Law, the Law of Moses that is put in the inward parts of the born-again Hebrew man and woman in covenant with God that leads and guides Israel as a people now and in the future when they finally occupy their Promised Land with NO GENTILES among them.
listen and understand. Romans 2:14 "For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:" (READ THAT AGAIN). Romans 2:15 "Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)"

"which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:"

you need to burn that into your memeory.

101G.

listen and understand. Romans 2:14 "For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:" (READ THAT AGAIN). Romans 2:15 "Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)"

"which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:"

you need to burn that into your memeory.

101G.
Saul is addressing Jewish Christians, and the subject is circumcised Gentile proselytes.
They don't have the Law (not covenant.)
They made vows to practice, observe, and obey the Law in their circumcision.
Pay attention:
Saul is addressing Jewish Christians.

17 Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God,
Rom. 2:17.

The whole letter is to Jewish Christians at Rome. The church there was founded by Jewish Christians who were from Rome and attended Pentecost, became born-again, and returned home preaching Jesus to any Jew they met on the Roman roads.

Saul is addressing Jewish Christians, and the subject is circumcised Gentile proselytes.
They don't have the Law (not covenant.)
They made vows to practice, observe, and obey the Law in their circumcision.
Pay attention:
Saul is addressing Jewish Christians.

17 Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God,
Rom. 2:17.

The whole letter is to Jewish Christians at Rome. The church there was founded by Jewish Christians who were from Rome and attended Pentecost, became born-again, and returned home preaching Jesus to any Jew they met on the Roman roads.
Paul was addressing Jewish Christians? HOGWASH, he was addressing the universal Law of God for all men. Romans 2:14 "For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:" see the Gentiles had a Law, which was already written on their hearts. a good example of this is the man Job. he was obeying God and get this keeping the feast days before Israel was even a nation.... (Smile)... and job was not a Jew :LOL: YIKES!

for the universal Law of God is for all men and is found right here. Micah 6:8 "He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?" where is your 10 commandments? 101G know. all 10 are summed up in that one verse Micah 6:8 .... READ IT SOMETIMES

101G.

Paul was addressing Jewish Christians? HOGWASH, he was addressing the universal Law of God for all men. Romans 2:14 "For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:" see the Gentiles had a Law, which was already written on their hearts. a good example of this is the man Job. he was obeying God and get this keeping the feast days before Israel was even a nation.... (Smile)... and job was not a Jew :LOL: YIKES!
YOU AGAIN!
Yikes!

Saul was addressing who? The universal Law of God? What social class of people were they? Where did they live? What clothes did they wear? Upper class? Lower class?
Excuse me. When you're at summer camp and you write a letter to Mom and Dad, you don't address it to the National United States Constitution. You write it to people. In this case, TO Mom and Dad. I knew you weren't from around here. What planet are you from?
Now pay attention. This is getting monotonous.
Saul is addressing his letter in whole to fellow Jewish Christians at Rome. Again, pay attention. He mentions circumcised, committed, Gentile proselytes and uncircumcised, uncommitted Gentile God-Fearers but doesn't need to call them that. They are in the synagogue. They're going to hear Saul's words as his letter is read aloud.
To mention them in a letter that's going to be read aloud you don't refer to someone who is "white" as that mentally disabled German or that hard-of-hearing Irishman. But Saul had never been to Rome. He doesn't know anyone as far as Scripture reveals or doesn't reveal. Besides this, Saul is trying to write to Jewish Christians at Rome and tries to push his apostolic authority upon them. Pay attention: (Man, YOU tire me out!

14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

Tell me, you think uncircumcised Gentiles are trying to obey the Law of Moses here? Really? These Gentiles Saul is referring who are trying to obey the Law of Moses (and have not the Law or are not in covenant) are Gentile proselytes and/or God-Fearers.

15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)
16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

These Gentiles are PROSELYTES AND GOD-FEARERS. Your run of the mill, idol worshiping Gentiles are not trying to obey the Law. And if they are they would be proselytes and God-Fearers. Open your eyes.
Now, Saul is addressing Jews again, Jewish Christians:

18 And knowest his will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law;
19 And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness,
20 An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law. 21 Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal?
Rom. 2:13–21.
for the universal Law of God is for all men and is found right here. Micah 6:8 "He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?" where is your 10 commandments? 101G know. all 10 are summed up in that one verse Micah 6:8 .... READ IT SOMETIMES

101G.
You weary me.
I'm going to take a shower now.

The point is Gentiles do not come from the loins of Abraham nor from the tribe of Judah and there is no mention of Gentiles in the Abrahamic, Mosaic, and New Covenant in Jeremiah 31:31-33.
once more did the Lord Jesus the Christ come from Judah? yes or No....... (smile).

101G.

once more did the Lord Jesus the Christ come from Judah? yes or No....... (smile).

101G.
Yes, and His Body the Church is One Flesh with Him, which is a Great Mystery Eph 5:28-32

28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

3 For we [Christians] are the true circumcision, who worship God in spirit and by the Spirit of God and exult and glory and pride ourselves in Jesus Christ, and put no confidence or dependence [on what we are] in the flesh and on outward privileges and physical advantages and external appearances
Philippians 3:3
Paul promoted salvation by faith, not by following Jewish customs. As the most obvious physical sign of Judaism, "circumcision" is often used as a metaphor for the entire Old Testament law.

Back
Top Bottom