The Power of the Gospel

Its a limited particular people whom Christ was sent to give eternal life to, His Sheep that were given Him. Jn 17:2

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

3 And this is life eternal, that they[those given Him] might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Jn 10:26-29

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
judas was a sheep who was chosen by Jesus to be one of His 12 disciples. so much for your out of context passage.

How powerful? Powerful enough to overcome your will?
At least your are actually trying to deal with the issue. As long as you do this, I will answer. Otherwise, I'm just going to stop. edited

Powerful enough to innately reveal the very righteousness of God. That is exactly what the verses say.

That is what the words of God do. It is the very intent of God to speaks.

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Yes. The Gospel changes the will. It cuts to the heart. It DIVIDES. IT DISERNERS the very intent "will" of man.

See how the Scriptures reveal your problem?

You ignored the meaning of world seen below

John 12:47–48 (ESV) — 47 If anyone hears my words and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. 48 The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day.

John 3:17–18 (ESV) — 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

The world is contrary to God and those that are his

The world knew not Christ (John 1:10).

The world hates Christ (John 7:7).

The world’s works are evil (John 7:7).

Unsaved Jews were of this world (John 8:23).

Satan is the prince of this world (John 12:31, 14:30, 16:11).

Christ’s own are distinguished from the world (John 13:1, 14:19, 22).

The world cannot receive the Holy Spirit (John 14:17).

The world hates the disciples (John 15:18, 17:14).

The disciples were not of the world (John 15:19, 17:16). The world brings tribulation (John 16:33).

The disciples were out of the World (John 17:6).

Christ prayed not for the world when he prayed for his own (John 17:9).

Christ is not of the world (John 17:16).

The world did not know God John (John 17:25)
Its a limited particular people whom Christ was sent to give eternal life to, His Sheep that were given Him. Jn 17:2

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

3 And this is life eternal, that they[those given Him] might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Tom~you are dead wrong, I have addressed them you just refused to listen. I'm not going to keep addressing them for you.

Tom, I do not care how you repacked your statement and say it again, your statement is an oxymoron statement, any rational thinking person must agree. Then I expect you also believe birth precedes conception~there's no difference in each position~if so, then prove it.

Sorry that is nonsense
The verses clearly teaches faith precedes the impartation of life and no life may be had without faith in Christ

faith precedes life

John 20:31 (UASV) — 31 but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

One must believe Jesus is the Christ to have life

John 5:24 (KJV) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. John 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

One must hear that they may live

John 5:40 (KJV)
40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. (one comes to Jesus by faith)

One must come to Christ that he might have life

Acts 11:18 (KJV)
18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Repentance precedes being given life

John 6:53 (KJV 1900) — 53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

those who do not eat and drink that is believe and come to Christ can have no life

Calvinism reverses scripture and states if one is not given life, they can not believe

Tom, before God, I have no desire to insult anyone, I just wan tuou to consider what you are saying. Holding to a false position takes away
a person's ability to even reason rationally.

Stick to the verses then

Tom, this verse is declaring a biblical truth, one that you refuse to hear~Man's will is bound to sin and its lust, keeping them form coming to Christ.
Lets see

John 5:40 (KJV)
40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. (one comes to Jesus by faith)

Nothing it stated there about being unable to come

It states they will not

They were not willing

To claim they were not able is eisegesis

The point however is faith precedes being given life

Your theology states one must be given life (regeneration) before they can believe

This verse as the others refutes your theology

When one does come to Christ, that power to come is given to them.
sorry one must come before being given life

One must first receive Christ before given the right to become children of God

that is believe in his person - BAGD

John 1:12 (KJV 1900) — 12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

One is made a child of God by regeneration

(5) The “children of God.”—Those who are “begotten of God” are ipso facto “children of God” (tékna theoú, Jn 1:12; 11:52; 1 Jn 3:1, 2, 10; 5:2).1

1 R. Law, “Johannine, Theology, The,” ed. James Orr et al., The International Standard Bible Encyclopaedia (Chicago: The Howard-Severance Company, 1915), 1703.

CHILDREN OF GOD. Persons in this category are only those who of the fallen race are regenerated as a result of faith in Christ1

1 Merrill F. Unger, “Children of God,” ed. R.K. Harrison, The New Unger’s Bible Dictionary (Chicago: Moody Press, 1988).

Children of God (tekna theou). In the full spiritual sense, not as mere offspring of God true of all men (Acts 17:28). Paul's phrase huioi theou (Galatians 3:26) for believers, used also by Jesus of the pure in heart (Matthew 5:9), does not occur in John's Gospel (but in Rev. 21:7). It is possible that John prefers ta tekna tou theou for the spiritual children of God whether Jew or Gentile (John 11:52) because of the community of nature (teknon from root tek-, to beget). But one cannot follow Westcott in insisting on "adoption" as Paul's reason for the use of huioi since Jesus uses huioi theou in Matthew 5:9. Clearly the idea of regeneration is involved here as in John 3:3.
Word Pictures in the New Testament.

Sons (τέκνα)

Rev., more correctly, children. Son is υἱός. Τέκνον, child (τίκτω, to bring forth), denotes a relation based on community of nature
Word Studies in the New Testament.

τέκνα θ. γενέσθαι] The spiritual life owes its beginning to a birth from above, ch. 3:3–7. And this birth is owing to the Holy Spirit of God; so that this is equivalent to saying, ‘As many as received Him, to them gave He His Holy Spirit.’ And we find that it was so: see Acts 10:44.
Henry Alford, Alford’s Greek Testament: An Exegetical and Critical Commentary (vol. 1; Grand Rapids, MI: Guardian Press, 1976), 684.

One becomes a child of God (is regenerated) by faith in Christ

Galatians 3:26 (KJV 1900) — 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

believing one is given the right to be regenerated

Tom, the same power that resurrected the Lord from the dead is the same power wrought in each child of God when they believe, and if that power is not used in a person's life, then they cannot come...... they certianly cannot resurrect themselves from being dead in trepassess and sin~ nor, can does any preacher have the power to do so. John 1:13.
We just saw God makes alive (regenerates) those who receive Christ

You can go to Ephesians 1:19,20 and prove that I'm wrong in saying what I'm teaching.

We have already address the other scriptures you keep posting as though we have not.
Sorry no you have not but

Ephesians 1:19 (KJV 1900) — 19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

God resurrects (regenerates) those who believe

You simply assume God's power is making man believe

but God makes alive those who believe as the verse shows

And Eph 1:19 is parallel to

Colossians 2:12 (KJV 1900) — 12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Which shows we are risen with Christ through faith

Still refusing to deal with the term world

do you ever address rebuttal?

John 12:47–48 (ESV) — 47 If anyone hears my words and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. 48 The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day.

John 3:17–18 (ESV) — 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

The disciples were not of the world (John 15:19, 17:16). The world brings tribulation (John 16:33).

Still refusing to deal with the term world

do you ever address rebuttal?

You bearing false witness, judas wasnt a sheep of Christ
Matthew 10 he was a sheep among wolves performing miracles just like the rest of the disciples by the POWER of the Holy Spirit.

You have been refuted once again, its time to repent of your false teaching.

hope this helps !!!

Matthew 10 he was a sheep among wolves performing miracles just like the rest of the disciples by the POWER of the Holy Spirit.

You have been refuted once again, its time to repent of your false teaching.

hope this helps !!!
You bearing false witness, judas wasnt a sheep of Christ

still not addressing the biblical use of the word world

still not addressing the biblical use of the word world

As usual you ignore rebuttal and simply repeat yourself

https://berean-apologetics.community.forum/threads/the-power-of-the-gospel.1459/post-62963

Okay gentleman let's tone it down a bit shall we? We're Christians and Jesus commanded us to love one another. So let's try and converse with each other in a polite manner. That would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom