The Power of the Gospel

I do not hate, so there. I do not even hate men like you, I just pity folks like you.
Hi RB. You were saying this to another but you probably feel the same about me to which I don't take offence. But do you see you reveal right here why Calvinism doesn't work. If you feel everything is ordained every thought and action of a person then why should you feel sad a person is a certain way. Wouldn't you be going against the will of God in so doing?

Hi RB. You were saying this to another but you probably feel the same about me to which I don't take offence. But do you see you reveal right here why Calvinism doesn't work. If you feel everything is ordained every thought and action of a person then why should you feel sad a person is a certain way. Wouldn't you be going against the will of God in so doing?

He has said just as such before in this very forum. That is has no obligation to pray and care for those who are open enemies of God.

There is no reason to pretend otherwise, that includes what he thinks about me.

I do not watch fake news!

I just saw this thread, I'll be happy to adress Romans 1:16,17! I first want to read all post and then come back and post.
Well then just try to prove unbelievers receive the Spirit

You can't do it

as was stated

TomL said:
Newsflash you cannot receive the spirit without first believing

That how unbelievers become believers, by the fruit work of the Spirit Duh

2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
1 Pet 1:2
2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
Nope

that is quite unbiblical

One must first believe before they can receive the spirit

John 7:38 Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’” 39 Now this he said about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were to receive, for as yet the Spirit had not been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

Gal. 3:2 Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith?

Gal. 3:5 Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith—

Gal. 3:14 so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith.

Eph. 3:17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love,

John 14:16–17 (KJV 1900) — 16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Salvation Faith is the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22, if its not where does it come from sir ?
Nope that idea is nowhere in scripture

One must receive the Spirit through faith before he can have the fruit of the Spirit

This is basic biblical truth you have rejected

Romans 10:17 (KJV 1900) — 17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Nope

that is quite unbiblical

John 7:38 Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’” 39 Now this he said about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were to receive, for as yet the Spirit had not been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

Gal. 3:2 Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith?

Gal. 3:5 Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith—

Gal. 3:14 so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith.

Eph. 3:17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love,

John 14:16–17 (KJV 1900) — 16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Nope that idea is nowhere in scripture

One must receive the Spirit through faith before he can have the fruit of the Spirit

This is basic biblical truth you have rejected

Romans 10:17 (KJV 1900) — 17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Gal 5:22 is scripture, Faith is the fruit of the Spirit.

Duh you failed to address rebuttal yet again

Nope

that is quite unbiblical

neither of your verses state unbelievers receive the Spirit or possess the fruit of the Spirit

Gal 5:22 is scripture, Faith is the fruit of the Spirit.
Yes it is but it does not say unbelievers have it

Hello

One must believe before one can receive the spirit

John 7:38–39 (KJV 1900) — 38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. 39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Nope

that is quite unbiblical

neither of your verses state unbelievers receive the Spirit or possess the fruit of the Spirit
You don't understand one of those scriptures

Yes it is but it does not say unbelievers have it

Hello

One must believe before one can receive the spirit

John 7:38–39 (KJV 1900) — 38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. 39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
When one is regenerated by the spirit they become a believer

When one is regenerated by the spirit they become a believer
sorry one must believe before given life

John 3:36 (KJV 1900) — 36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 6:53 (KJV 1900) — 53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

John 5:40 (KJV 1900) — 40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

You don't understand one of those scriptures
Lol

you are the one who failed to address them

Nope

that is quite unbiblical

and it is clear you have no ability to address rebuttal

Hi RB. You were saying this to another but you probably feel the same about me to which I don't take offence.
Greetings Rockson,

I actually feel a little different toward you and civic, not so much pity, for you both conduct yourselves as a Christian should I would look toward men like you, as Paul did toward his kinsmen according to the flesh, that had the fear and zeal of God, yet not according to knowledge.

praise_yeshua is displaying a totally different spirit in his interacting with posters who do not see as he does~more so toward those those who hold to some of the teachings known as Calvinism.
But do you see you reveal right here why Calvinism doesn't work. If you feel everything is ordained every thought and action of a person then why should you feel sad a person is a certain way. Wouldn't you be going against the will of God in so doing?
First, I have never said I believe.... "everything is ordained every thought and action of a person"....That would go against so many scriptures and would not allow God to be just in judging men for every idle word spoken. Besides, God does not ordained every man's actions, for then he would be the author of man's sins. There're many actions God restrains men from doing, some he choose not to do, but the sins are man's own doing, not God's. I could take time to show you more in depth concerning this, but this is not the nature of this thread, so I'll forbear.

I've a very busy day ahead of me, and might not be posting very much the rest of the week, we shall see~there's a couple of more forums I need to post on so I can stay caught up~plus other obligations that are calling for my presence. I'm getting old and slow. I use to just keep going and going, no more.

Last edited:
Well then just try to prove unbelievers receive the Spirit

You can't do it

as was stated

TomL said:
Newsflash you cannot receive the spirit without first believing
Tom, you have it all backwards~you cannot have the KNOWLEDGE of what you have, until you believe and then you will know!

Is your news channel related to CNN? ;)

sorry one must believe before given life

John 3:36 (KJV 1900) — 36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 6:53 (KJV 1900) — 53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

John 5:40 (KJV 1900) — 40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
When one is regenerated/drawn by the spirit they become a believer, otherwise they cant come/believe Jn 6:44

The resident Calvinists here dishonor God with their false claims concerning the Gospel.

The Gospel is Intrinsically POWERFUL.

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Calvinism removes the power of the Gospel. The power of the Gospel is relative to the speaker, not the hearer.

1Co 14:9 It is the same for you. If you do not speak clearly with your tongue, how will anyone know what is being said? For you will be speaking into the air.

1Co 9:22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
1Co 9:23 And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.
Most definitely. The gospel is the power of God unto salvation.

14 Now after John was arrested and put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the good news (the Gospel) of the kingdom of God,
15 And saying, The [appointed period of] time is fulfilled (completed), and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent (have a change of mind which issues in regret for past sins and in change of conduct for the better) and believe (trust in, rely on, and adhere to) the good news (the Gospel).
Mk 1:14–15.

The gospel not only comes in power (1 Thes. 1:5) but is the power of God (Rom. 1:16). It reveals the righteousness of God and leads to salvation all who believe (Rom. 1:16–17). Paul regards the gospel as a sacred trust (1 Tim. 1:11). Thus he is under divine compulsion to proclaim it (1 Cor. 9:16), and requests prayer that he may carry out his task with boldness (Eph. 6:19), even though this involves opposition (1 Thes. 2:2) and affliction (2 Tim. 1:8). The gospel is ‘the word of truth’ (Eph. 1:13), but it is hidden to unbelieving men (2 Cor. 4:3–4) who demand supernatural verification or rational proof (1 Cor. 1:21–23). Even as it was by revelation that the full theological impact of the gospel came to Paul (Gal. 1:11–12), so also it is by the response of faith that the gospel comes with saving power (Heb. 4:2).

New Bible Dictionary

Back
Top Bottom