The Power of the Gospel

When one is regenerated/drawn by the spirit they become a believer, otherwise they cant come/believe Jn 6:44
Nope

anyone who hears and learns may come

John 6:44–45 (NASB 2020) — 44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day. 45 It is written in the Prophets: ‘AND THEY SHALL ALL BE TAUGHT OF GOD.’ Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father, comes to Me.

Nowhere do we read the spirit draws

Tom, you have it all backwards~you cannot have the KNOWLEDGE of what you have, until you believe and then you will know!

Is your news channel related to CNN? ;)
Sorry but one must believe the gospel before they can receive the Spirit

John 7:38 Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’” 39 Now this he said about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were to receive, for as yet the Spirit had not been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

Gal. 3:2 Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith?

Gal. 3:5 Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith—

Gal. 3:14 so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith.

Gal. 3:22 But the Scripture imprisoned everything under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

Eph. 3:17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love,

You are the CNN here delivering fake news

Nope

anyone who hears and learns may come

John 6:44–45 (NASB 2020) — 44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day. 45 It is written in the Prophets: ‘AND THEY SHALL ALL BE TAUGHT OF GOD.’ Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father, comes to Me.

Nowhere do we read the spirit draws
Those who hear and learn are the regenerated/drawn Jn 6:44 and they re the elect

You cannot prove that

faith precedes life

John 20:31 (UASV) — 31 but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.
Okay, Thats for the Sheep, He came that they might have Life through Him Jn 10:10

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they[Sheep] might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

They live[spiritually] through Him 1 Jn 4:9

In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

Tom all you do is pick out verses you dont understand

Okay, Thats for the Sheep, He came that they might have Life through Him Jn 10:10

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they[Sheep] might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

They live[spiritually] through Him 1 Jn 4:9

In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

Tom all you do is pick out verses you dont understand
Sorry nothing is mentioned about sheep in the passage

John 20:31 (ESV) — 31 but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

and you will note faith precedes life (regeneration)

Sorry nothing is mentioned about sheep in the passage

John 20:31 (ESV) — 31 but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

and you will note faith precedes life (regeneration)
doesnt matter. I matched up the scriptures from John

doesnt matter. I matched up the scriptures from John
No you didn't you run from them

John 5:40 (NASB 2020) — 40 and yet you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

John 3:36 (NASB 2020) — 36 The one who believes in the Son has eternal life; but the one who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.”

John 6:53 (NASB 2020) — 53 So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves.

John 5:40 (NASB 2020) — 40 and yet you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

John 3:36 (NASB 2020) — 36 The one who believes in the Son has eternal life; but the one who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.”

John 6:53 (NASB 2020) — 53 So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves.
He only came that the Sheep may have Live, and they have it or will have it Jn 10:10-11,28

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

He only came that the Sheep may have Live, and they have it or will have it Jn 10:10-11,28

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Afraid not

John 12:47–48 (ESV) — 47 If anyone hears my words and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. 48 The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day.

John 3:17–18 (ESV) — 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

The world is contrary to God and those that are his

The world knew not Christ (John 1:10).

The world hates Christ (John 7:7).

The world’s works are evil (John 7:7).

Unsaved Jews were of this world (John 8:23).

Satan is the prince of this world (John 12:31, 14:30, 16:11).

Christ’s own are distinguished from the world (John 13:1, 14:19, 22).

The world cannot receive the Holy Spirit (John 14:17).

The world hates the disciples (John 15:18, 17:14).

The disciples were not of the world (John 15:19, 17:16). The world brings tribulation (John 16:33).

The disciples were out of the World (John 17:6).

Christ prayed not for the world when he prayed for his own (John 17:9).

Christ is not of the world (John 17:16).

The world did not know God John (John 17:25)

You cannot prove that

faith precedes life

John 20:31 (UASV) — 31 but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.
Do you truly know just how gormlessness (lacking in vitality or intelligence) your statement is? You obviously do not.

I'll take it a step farther and say~life precedes any actions on a lifeless, dead object, be whatever it may be. Even when life is imparted, faith comes slowly to a man of flesh. Consider all new born babes~what do they truly know other than their natural instinct in desiring milk? not a thing, they don't even know what they are doing, they are so helpless for the first few years of their life, not much different than new born babes in Christ. If you think otherwise, then there not much help for you.

Do you truly know just how gormlessness (lacking in vitality or intelligence) your statement is? You obviously do not.

I'll take it a step farther and say~life precedes any actions on a lifeless, dead object, be whatever it may be. Even when life is imparted, faith comes slowly to a man of flesh. Consider all new born babes~what do they truly know other than their natural instinct in desiring milk? not a thing, they don't even know what they are doing, they are so helpless for the first few years of their life, not much different than new born babes in Christ. If you think otherwise, then there not much help for you.
You failed to address the verse

faith precedes life

You can't do it by insulting me

John 5:24 (KJV) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. John 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

John 5:40 (KJV)
40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. (one comes to Jesus by faith)

Acts 11:18 (KJV)
18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

You failed to address the verse
Tom~you are dead wrong, I have addressed them you just refused to listen. I'm not going to keep addressing them for you.
faith precedes life
Tom, I do not care how you repacked your statement and say it again, your statement is an oxymoron statement, any rational thinking person must agree. Then I expect you also believe birth precedes conception~there's no difference in each position~if so, then prove it.

You can't do it by insulting me
Tom, before God, I have no desire to insult anyone, I just wan tuou to consider what you are saying. Holding to a false position takes away
a person's ability to even reason rationally.

John 5:40 (KJV)
40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. (one comes to Jesus by faith)
Tom, this verse is declaring a biblical truth, one that you refuse to hear~Man's will is bound to sin and its lust, keeping them form coming to Christ.

When one does come to Christ, that power to come is given to them.
Tom, the same power that resurrected the Lord from the dead is the same power wrought in each child of God when they believe, and if that power is not used in a person's life, then they cannot come...... they certianly cannot resurrect themselves from being dead in trepassess and sin~ nor, can does any preacher have the power to do so. John 1:13.

You can go to Ephesians 1:19,20 and prove that I'm wrong in saying what I'm teaching.

We have already address the other scriptures you keep posting as though we have not.

The resident Calvinists here dishonor God with their false claims concerning the Gospel.

The Gospel is Intrinsically POWERFUL.

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Calvinism removes the power of the Gospel. The power of the Gospel is relative to the speaker, not the hearer.

1Co 14:9 It is the same for you. If you do not speak clearly with your tongue, how will anyone know what is being said? For you will be speaking into the air.

1Co 9:22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
1Co 9:23 And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.
How powerful? Powerful enough to overcome your will?

Afraid not

John 12:47–48 (ESV) — 47 If anyone hears my words and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. 48 The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day.

John 3:17–18 (ESV) — 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

The disciples were not of the world (John 15:19, 17:16). The world brings tribulation (John 16:33).

Its a limited particular people whom Christ was sent to give eternal life to, His Sheep that were given Him. Jn 17:2

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

3 And this is life eternal, that they[those given Him] might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Jn 10:26-29

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Its a limited particular people whom Christ was sent to give eternal life to, His Sheep that were given Him. Jn 17:2

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

3 And this is life eternal, that they[those given Him] might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Jn 10:26-29

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
You ignored the meaning of world seen below

Amen one must

1- come willingly
2- eat
3- drink
3- believe

All active things man must do. :)

hope this helps !!!

Back
Top Bottom