The unending requirement of faith

If you make your faith a condition/requirement for salvation, you are under the law, for faith is a requirement of the law Matt 23:23

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
Jesus and the Apostles make FAITH the condition for salvation/eternal life.

next

Jesus and the Apostles make FAITH the condition for salvation/eternal life.

next
If you make your faith a condition/requirement for salvation, you are under the law, for faith is a requirement of the law Matt 23:23

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Jesus tells us in John 3:15-16 that whoever believes in Jesus Christ will have eternal life, not might have but actually possesses that everlasting life. If a person is promised eternal life and then to have it taken away then it was never eternal to begin with and it makes Jesus out to be a liar and the promises of God to be false. Below we see more promises the believer can count on for eternal life now and in the future. We can be confident in the promises of God.

Jesus and the Apostles below rebuke your false gospel. Belief is the condition to receive eternal life.

John 3:16
16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

John 3:36
"He who believes in the Son has eternal life;

John 5:24
"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

John 6:47
"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes has eternal life.

John 6:54
54 "He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.

John 20:31
But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

1 John 5:13
These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.

hope this helps !!!

Jesus tells us in John 3:15-16 that whoever believes in Jesus Christ will have eternal life, not might have but actually possesses that everlasting life. If a person is promised eternal life and then to have it taken away then it was never eternal to begin with and it makes Jesus out to be a liar and the promises of God to be false. Below we see more promises the believer can count on for eternal life now and in the future. We can be confident in the promises of God.

Jesus and the Apostles below rebuke your false gospel. Belief is the condition to receive eternal life.

John 3:16
16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

John 3:36
"He who believes in the Son has eternal life;

John 5:24
"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

John 6:47
"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes has eternal life.

John 6:54
54 "He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.

John 20:31
But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

1 John 5:13
These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.

hope this helps !!!

Not one of those scriptures states that mans believing /faith is the condition or requirement to get saved.

Not one of those scriptures states that mans believing /faith is the condition or requirement to get saved.
I have refuted your presuppositions with Jesus rebuking your false gospel.

I have refuted your presuppositions with Jesus rebuking your false gospel.

Believing is the evidence that one has been given eternal life through Christ !

If you make your Faith a requirement for salvation you under the law! Faith is a requirement of the law Matt 23:23

Either you are severely lacking in reading skills or you are in denial

And you deny scripture and show poor reading skills

Not according to scripture

John 20:31 (NASB 2020) — 31 but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that by believing you may have life in His name.

There is no life unless you first believe

John 6:53 (NASB 2020) — 53 So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves.

as for Matthew 23

Neither judgment nor mercy are a part of the law, so also neither is faith

further, the commas after each show they are separate items.

Either you are severely lacking in reading skills or you are in denial

And you deny scripture and show poor reading skills

Not according to scripture

John 20:31 (NASB 2020) — 31 but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that by believing you may have life in His name.

There is no life unless you first believe

John 6:53 (NASB 2020) — 53 So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves.

as for Matthew 23

Neither judgment nor mercy are a part of the law, so also neither is faith

further, the commas after each show they are separate items.
No way around it:

If you make your Faith a requirement for salvation you under the law! Faith is a requirement of the law Matt 23:23

Those who make their natural human faith, while a natural man, a requirement for salvation, do err greatly and put themselves under the law for salvation Matt 23:23

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

However Faith in Salvation belongs to them who have been born of God,know that one who has faith is already born of God, thats why boasting is excluded by the law of Faith Rom 3:27

Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Eph 2:8-9

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

not of works [your own faith], lest any man should boast.

Now if its of your own faith by nature, its law keeping and occasion to boast !

Subject Heading:- The unending requirement of faith​

'So then faith cometh by hearing,
and hearing by the word of God.'

(Rom 10:17)

Hello there,

It is the word of God that engenders faith, so it is not a work of man but of God. It simply requires ears that will hear. The seed of the word once sown in the heart, takes root and grows as it is fed and watered by that same word of God.

Praise God! For both the written word, and the Living Word, the Lord Jesus Christ: Now risen and glorified and sat at God's right hand; The Head of the Church which is His Body: Who nourishes it with His Truth.

Praise His Holy Name!

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Back
Top Bottom