The Issue of Limited Atonement

Sorry but some Calvinistic doctrines when they're advocating T.U.L.I.P deserve no respect and they should be flung away from one with a force like you might see a person throw a Frisbee away on a beach with all might and determination . They grieve the Spirit of God and should be ejected from one's life .

If you play around and pet these things like leaving the impression that all is fine and we just see things differently on issues when it comes to whether God loves all sinners or not making it seem like he doesn't and we're told to show respect to that? Nope not going to happen at least with me. By doing so you can clamp a cloud of depression and despair over one's life who have a very wrong view of God that he truly wants them delivered from such ways of thinking. And PS that doesn't mean I don't love those who hold those views but I think they need to know how off they really are.
I am amazed @TibiasDad "liked this"

Here are ten scriptures that guide Christians on how to love others, including those of different faiths:

Matthew 5:43-44

"You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you."
Luke 6:27-28

"But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you."
Romans 12:14-18

"Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly. Never be wise in your own sight. Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all."
Galatians 6:10

"So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith."
1 Peter 2:12

"Keep your conduct among the Gentiles honorable, so that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day of visitation."
1 Peter 3:15-16

"But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect, having a good conscience, so that, when you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame."
1 John 4:7-8

"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love."
1 John 4:20-21

"If anyone says, 'I love God,' and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. And this commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother."
Romans 13:8-10

"Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, 'You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,' and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law."
James 2:8

"If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself,' you are doing well."
These verses emphasize the importance of love, kindness, and respect towards all people, regardless of their faith, as a fundamental aspect of Christian living.

Here are ten scriptures that guide Christians on how to love others, including those of different faiths:
I've read all those scriptures and agree with them. My actions are in line with loving Calvinists and have made strong emotional appeals for them to consider forsaking their false ways that is as it pertains to T.U.L.I.P. In saying it that way and I've said it that way many times that extends an olive branch that is to say I'm not saying they're wrong about everything outside of T.U.L.I.P that they believe.

As one looks over my writings they can see this is true. But I said the Calvinists doctrines along this line deserve no respect. It seems you're saying all false doctrines do. And Paul the Apostle never stated all false doctrines deserve respect. Do a study about what Paul even stated about doctrines which are false. And Paul was very strong about some issues. Here's one and he gets particular strong even on ones who hold certain views which I DIDN'T even do.

Now, brothers, if I am still preaching circumcision, why am I still being persecuted? In that case the offense of the cross has been abolished. 12As for those who are agitating you, I wish they would proceed to emasculate themselves! Gal 5:12

So my point....you can't just make statements all wrong false teachings should be shown respect and I don't believe Jesus nor Paul, nor any of the other Apostles would show respect to any doctrine which says God wants the majority of the population of the earth to perish . I think such a teaching in their time would receive the strongest response to get away from it and reject it. God Bless!

I've read all those scriptures and agree with them. My actions are in line with loving Calvinists and have made strong emotional appeals for them to consider forsaking their false ways that is as it pertains to T.U.L.I.P. In saying it that way and I've said it that way many times that extends an olive branch that is to say I'm not saying they're wrong about everything outside of T.U.L.I.P that they believe.

As one looks over my writings they can see this is true. But I said the Calvinists doctrines along this line deserve no respect. It seems you're saying all false doctrines do. And Paul the Apostle never stated all false doctrines deserve respect. Do a study about what Paul even stated about doctrines which are false. And Paul was very strong about some issues. Here's one and he gets particular strong even on ones who hold certain views which I DIDN'T even do.

Now, brothers, if I am still preaching circumcision, why am I still being persecuted? In that case the offense of the cross has been abolished. 12As for those who are agitating you, I wish they would proceed to emasculate themselves! Gal 5:12

So my point....you can't just make statements all wrong false teachings should be shown respect and I don't believe Jesus nor Paul, nor any of the other Apostles would show respect to any doctrine which says God wants the majority of the population of the earth to perish . I think such a teaching in their time would receive the strongest response to get away from it and reject it. God Bless!
The emotions are running wild, palpable, strong.
  1. 2 Timothy 2:24-26
    • "And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will."
  2. Galatians 6:1
    • "Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted."
  3. Ephesians 4:15
    • "Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ."
  4. James 5:19-20
    • "My brothers, if anyone among you wanders from the truth and someone brings him back, let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins."
  5. 2 Timothy 4:2
    • "Preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching."
  6. Titus 1:9
    • "He must hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it."
  7. 1 Thessalonians 5:14
    • "And we urge you, brothers, admonish the idle, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with them all."
  8. Proverbs 27:5-6
    • "Better is open rebuke than hidden love. Faithful are the wounds of a friend; profuse are the kisses of an enemy."
  9. Colossians 3:16
    • "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God."
  10. Matthew 18:15-17
    • "If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector."
"These scriptures emphasize the importance of correcting others with gentleness, patience, and love, while also holding firmly to the truth. They provide a balanced approach to helping fellow believers who may be in error, prioritizing restoration and reconciliation over judgment and condemnation."

--by the way @Rockson-the context of your verse-

Context of Galatians
Paul's letter to the Galatians is primarily concerned with the issue of whether Gentile converts to Christianity need to observe Jewish law, particularly circumcision, to be saved. The Judaizers were a group of Jewish Christians who taught that Gentile converts must be circumcised and follow the Mosaic Law to be true Christians. Paul strongly opposed this view, arguing that faith in Christ alone is sufficient for salvation.

Immediate Context: Galatians 5:1-15
In Galatians 5, Paul emphasizes the freedom that believers have in Christ and warns against returning to the yoke of slavery under the law. He argues that if believers accept circumcision as necessary for salvation, they are obligated to keep the entire law, which nullifies the grace of Christ (Galatians 5:2-4).

Verses 11-12 Breakdown
Galatians 5:11-12 (ESV)

Verse 11: "But if I, brothers, still preach circumcision, why am I still being persecuted? In that case the offense of the cross has been removed."
Verse 12: "I wish those who unsettle you would emasculate themselves!"
Verse 11 Explanation
Paul addresses a possible claim that he himself might still be preaching circumcision. He refutes this by pointing out that if he were indeed advocating circumcision, he would not be facing persecution. The "offense of the cross" refers to the message of the gospel, which centers on salvation through faith in the crucified Christ rather than adherence to the Jewish law. This message was offensive to many Jews because it undermined their reliance on the law for righteousness.

Verse 12 Explanation
In a strong rhetorical statement, Paul expresses his frustration with the Judaizers who are disturbing the Galatian believers. His wish that they would "emasculate themselves" is hyperbolic and reflects his intense opposition to their teaching. By suggesting that those who insist on circumcision go further and castrate themselves, Paul underscores the absurdity and danger of their legalistic demands. This shocking statement serves to highlight the gravity of the issue and the depth of Paul's concern for the purity of the gospel message.

Summary
Paul's Defense: Paul defends his message by pointing out that if he were preaching circumcision, he would not be persecuted. His persecution is evidence that he is preaching the true gospel, which offends those who rely on the law.
Strong Rebuke: Paul uses hyperbolic language to express his strong disapproval of the Judaizers' influence. His wish that they emasculate themselves underscores the seriousness with which he views their distortion of the gospel.
Broader Implications
These verses highlight the tension between the message of grace through faith and the insistence on legalistic adherence to the law. Paul’s strong language reflects his commitment to preserving the purity of the gospel and protecting the Galatian believers from teachings that would lead them away from the freedom found in Christ.

Cross-References
Galatians 1:6-9: Paul’s astonishment at the Galatians turning to a different gospel.
Philippians 3:2-3: Paul’s warning against those who insist on circumcision.
Acts 15:1-11: The Jerusalem Council’s discussion on whether Gentile believers should be circumcised.
1 Corinthians 1:18: The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing.

By examining these cross-references and understanding the immediate context, we see that Paul's primary concern is the preservation of the gospel's core message of salvation by grace through faith, free from the requirements of the Mosaic Law.

your words--"As one looks over my writings they can see this is true. But I said the Calvinists doctrines along this line deserve no respect. It seems you're saying all false doctrines do. And Paul the Apostle never stated all false doctrines deserve respect. Do a study about what Paul even stated about doctrines which are false. And Paul was very strong about some issues. Here's one and he gets particular strong even on ones who hold certain views which I DIDN'T even do."
***********************************************************************************************************************************************

.I say we restore an erring brother with love, gentleness, kindness and respect, making absolutely sure OUR doctrines and style of life is in conformity with the holy Scriptures and the indwelling Holy Spirit-by the way-I am studying the 13 Pauline epistles. Liberating!
I suggest read the book of Ephesians brother

You are in agreement with the other Scripture references, I am sure you should concur on these references on HOW to restore an erring brother or sister.

Johann.

The emotions are running wild, palpable, strong.
  1. 2 Timothy 2:24-26
    • "And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will."
  2. Galatians 6:1
    • "Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted."
  3. Ephesians 4:15
    • "Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ."
  4. James 5:19-20
    • "My brothers, if anyone among you wanders from the truth and someone brings him back, let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins."
  5. 2 Timothy 4:2
    • "Preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching."
  6. Titus 1:9
    • "He must hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it."
  7. 1 Thessalonians 5:14
    • "And we urge you, brothers, admonish the idle, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with them all."
  8. Proverbs 27:5-6
    • "Better is open rebuke than hidden love. Faithful are the wounds of a friend; profuse are the kisses of an enemy."
  9. Colossians 3:16
    • "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God."
  10. Matthew 18:15-17
    • "If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector."
"These scriptures emphasize the importance of correcting others with gentleness, patience, and love, while also holding firmly to the truth. They provide a balanced approach to helping fellow believers who may be in error, prioritizing restoration and reconciliation over judgment and condemnation."

--by the way @Rockson-the context of your verse-

Context of Galatians
Paul's letter to the Galatians is primarily concerned with the issue of whether Gentile converts to Christianity need to observe Jewish law, particularly circumcision, to be saved. The Judaizers were a group of Jewish Christians who taught that Gentile converts must be circumcised and follow the Mosaic Law to be true Christians. Paul strongly opposed this view, arguing that faith in Christ alone is sufficient for salvation.

Immediate Context: Galatians 5:1-15
In Galatians 5, Paul emphasizes the freedom that believers have in Christ and warns against returning to the yoke of slavery under the law. He argues that if believers accept circumcision as necessary for salvation, they are obligated to keep the entire law, which nullifies the grace of Christ (Galatians 5:2-4).

Verses 11-12 Breakdown
Galatians 5:11-12 (ESV)

Verse 11: "But if I, brothers, still preach circumcision, why am I still being persecuted? In that case the offense of the cross has been removed."
Verse 12: "I wish those who unsettle you would emasculate themselves!"
Verse 11 Explanation
Paul addresses a possible claim that he himself might still be preaching circumcision. He refutes this by pointing out that if he were indeed advocating circumcision, he would not be facing persecution. The "offense of the cross" refers to the message of the gospel, which centers on salvation through faith in the crucified Christ rather than adherence to the Jewish law. This message was offensive to many Jews because it undermined their reliance on the law for righteousness.

Verse 12 Explanation
In a strong rhetorical statement, Paul expresses his frustration with the Judaizers who are disturbing the Galatian believers. His wish that they would "emasculate themselves" is hyperbolic and reflects his intense opposition to their teaching. By suggesting that those who insist on circumcision go further and castrate themselves, Paul underscores the absurdity and danger of their legalistic demands. This shocking statement serves to highlight the gravity of the issue and the depth of Paul's concern for the purity of the gospel message.

Summary
Paul's Defense: Paul defends his message by pointing out that if he were preaching circumcision, he would not be persecuted. His persecution is evidence that he is preaching the true gospel, which offends those who rely on the law.
Strong Rebuke: Paul uses hyperbolic language to express his strong disapproval of the Judaizers' influence. His wish that they emasculate themselves underscores the seriousness with which he views their distortion of the gospel.
Broader Implications
These verses highlight the tension between the message of grace through faith and the insistence on legalistic adherence to the law. Paul’s strong language reflects his commitment to preserving the purity of the gospel and protecting the Galatian believers from teachings that would lead them away from the freedom found in Christ.

Cross-References
Galatians 1:6-9: Paul’s astonishment at the Galatians turning to a different gospel.
Philippians 3:2-3: Paul’s warning against those who insist on circumcision.
Acts 15:1-11: The Jerusalem Council’s discussion on whether Gentile believers should be circumcised.
1 Corinthians 1:18: The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing.

By examining these cross-references and understanding the immediate context, we see that Paul's primary concern is the preservation of the gospel's core message of salvation by grace through faith, free from the requirements of the Mosaic Law.

your words--"As one looks over my writings they can see this is true. But I said the Calvinists doctrines along this line deserve no respect. It seems you're saying all false doctrines do. And Paul the Apostle never stated all false doctrines deserve respect. Do a study about what Paul even stated about doctrines which are false. And Paul was very strong about some issues. Here's one and he gets particular strong even on ones who hold certain views which I DIDN'T even do."
***********************************************************************************************************************************************

.I say we restore an erring brother with love, gentleness, kindness and respect, making absolutely sure OUR doctrines and style of life is in conformity with the holy Scriptures and the indwelling Holy Spirit-by the way-I am studying the 13 Pauline epistles. Liberating!
I suggest read the book of Ephesians brother

You are in agreement with the other Scripture references, I am sure you should concur on these references on HOW to restore an erring brother or sister.

Johann.
Here are several Scripture references that indicate that judgment within the body of Christ is reserved for believers:

1 Corinthians 5:12-13

"What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside. 'Expel the wicked person from among you.'"
1 Corinthians 6:1-6

"If any of you has a dispute with another, do you dare to take it before the ungodly for judgment instead of before the Lord’s people? Or do you not know that the Lord’s people will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life! Therefore, if you have disputes about such matters, do you ask for a ruling from those whose way of life is scorned in the church? I say this to shame you. Is it possible that there is nobody among you wise enough to judge a dispute between believers?"
Matthew 18:15-17

"If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’ If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector."
Galatians 6:1

"Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted."
James 5:19-20

"My brothers and sisters, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring that person back, remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of their way will save them from death and cover over a multitude of sins."
Titus 3:10-11

"Warn a divisive person once, and then warn them a second time. After that, have nothing to do with them. You may be sure that such people are warped and sinful; they are self-condemned."
Romans 14:1-4

"Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters. One person’s faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them. Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand."
Hebrews 13:17

"Have confidence in your leaders and submit to their authority, because they keep watch over you as those who must give an account. Do this so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no benefit to you."
2 Thessalonians 3:6

"In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers and sisters, to keep away from every believer who is idle and disruptive and does not live according to the teaching you received from us."
2 Timothy 4:2

"Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction."
These passages highlight the responsibility of believers to hold one another accountable within the church, exercise discernment, and take corrective actions when necessary. They emphasize the importance of doing so with gentleness, patience, and love, aiming for restoration rather than condemnation.

Here are several Scripture references that indicate that judgment within the body of Christ is reserved for believers:

1 Corinthians 5:12-13

"What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside. 'Expel the wicked person from among you.'"
1 Corinthians 6:1-6

"If any of you has a dispute with another, do you dare to take it before the ungodly for judgment instead of before the Lord’s people? Or do you not know that the Lord’s people will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life! Therefore, if you have disputes about such matters, do you ask for a ruling from those whose way of life is scorned in the church? I say this to shame you. Is it possible that there is nobody among you wise enough to judge a dispute between believers?"
Matthew 18:15-17

"If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’ If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector."
Galatians 6:1

"Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted."
James 5:19-20

"My brothers and sisters, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring that person back, remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of their way will save them from death and cover over a multitude of sins."
Titus 3:10-11

"Warn a divisive person once, and then warn them a second time. After that, have nothing to do with them. You may be sure that such people are warped and sinful; they are self-condemned."
Romans 14:1-4

"Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters. One person’s faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them. Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand."
Hebrews 13:17

"Have confidence in your leaders and submit to their authority, because they keep watch over you as those who must give an account. Do this so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no benefit to you."
2 Thessalonians 3:6

"In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers and sisters, to keep away from every believer who is idle and disruptive and does not live according to the teaching you received from us."

"Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction."
These passages highlight the responsibility of believers to hold one another accountable within the church, exercise discernment, and take corrective actions when necessary. They emphasize the importance of doing so with gentleness, patience, and love, aiming for restoration rather than condemnation.

Yes all we need to do is read Matthew 23 and Jesus expressing love in this passages . :)

Yes all we need to do is read Matthew 23 and Jesus expressing love in this passages . :)
Context of Matt 23-

Mat 23:1 Jesus Denounces the Scribes and the Pharisees
(Mark 12:38-40; Luke 20:45-47)
¶ Then Jesus told the crowds and his disciples,
Mat 23:2 “The scribes and the Pharisees administer the authority of Moses, [Lit. Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat]
Mat 23:3 So do whatever they tell you and follow it, but stop doing what they do, because they don’t do what they say.
Mat 23:4 They tie up burdens that are heavy and unbearable and lay them on people’s shoulders, but they refuse to lift a finger to remove them.

Mat 23:5 ¶ “They do everything to be seen by people. They increase the size of their phylacteries [I.e. leather cases containing Scripture texts] and lengthen the tassels of their garments.
Mat 23:6 They love to have the places of honor at festivals, the best seats in the synagogues,
Mat 23:7 to be greeted in the marketplaces, and to be called ‘Rabbi’ [Rabbi is Heb. for Master and/or Teacher.] by people.

Mat 23:8 ¶ “But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ [Rabbi is Heb. for Master and/or Teacher] because you have only one teacher, and all of you are brothers.
Mat 23:9 And don’t call anyone on earth ‘Father,’ because you have only one Father, the one in heaven.
Mat 23:10 Nor are you to be called ‘Teachers,’ because you have only one teacher, the Messiah! [Or Christ]
Mat 23:11 The person who is greatest among you must be your servant.
Mat 23:12 Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Mat 23:13 ¶ “How terrible it will be for you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door to the kingdom from [Lit. of] heaven in people’s faces. You don’t go in yourselves, and you don’t allow those who are trying to enter to go in.

Mat 23:14 ¶ “How terrible it will be for you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You devour widows’ houses and say long prayers to cover it up. Therefore, you will receive greater condemnation! [Other mss. omit vs. 14.]

Mat 23:15 ¶ “How terrible it will be for you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to make a single convert, and when this happens you make him twice as fit for [Lit. twice as much a son of] hell [Lit. Gehenna; a Gk. transliteration of the Heb. for Valley of Hinnom] as you are.

Mat 23:16 ¶ “How terrible it will be for you, blind guides! You say, ‘Whoever swears an oath by the sanctuary is excused, [Lit. is nothing] but whoever swears an oath by the gold of the sanctuary must keep his oath.’ [Lit. owes a debt]
Mat 23:17 You blind fools! What is more important, the gold or the sanctuary that made the gold holy?
Mat 23:18 Again you say, [Lit. And] ‘Whoever swears an oath by the altar is excused, [Lit. is nothing] but whoever swears by the gift that is on it must keep his oath.’ [Lit. owes a debt]
Mat 23:19 You blind men! [Other mss. read blind and foolish men] Which is more important, the gift or the altar that makes the gift holy?
Mat 23:20 Therefore, the one who swears an oath by the altar swears by it and by everything on it.
Mat 23:21 The one who swears an oath by the sanctuary swears by it and by the one who lives there.
Mat 23:22 And the one who swears an oath by heaven swears by God’s throne and by the one who sits on it.

Mat 23:23 ¶ “How terrible it will be for you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your mint, dill, and cummin, but have neglected the more important matters of the Law: justice, mercy, and faithfulness. [Or faith] These are the things you should have practiced, without neglecting the others.
Mat 23:24 You blind guides! You filter out a gnat, yet swallow a camel!

Mat 23:25 ¶ “How terrible it will be for you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and the plate, but on the inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence.
Mat 23:26 You blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup, [Other mss. read of the cup and the plate] so that its outside may also be clean.

Mat 23:27 ¶ “How terrible it will be for you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs that look beautiful on the outside but inside are full of dead people’s bones and every kind of impurity.
Mat 23:28 In the same way, on the outside you look righteous to people, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.

Mat 23:29 ¶ “How terrible it will be for you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the monuments of the righteous.
Mat 23:30 Then you say, ‘If we had been living in the days of our ancestors, we would have had no part with them in shedding [The Gk. lacks shedding] the blood of the prophets.’
Mat 23:31 Therefore, you testify against yourselves that you are descendants of those who murdered the prophets.
Mat 23:32 Then finish what your ancestors started! [Lit. Fill up the measure of your ancestors]
Mat 23:33 You snakes, you children of serpents! How can you escape being condemned to hell? [Lit. Gehenna; a Gk. transliteration of the Heb. for Valley of Hinnom]

Mat 23:34 ¶ “That is why I am sending you prophets, wise men, and scribes. Some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will whip in your synagogues and persecute from town to town.
Mat 23:35 As a result, you will be held accountable for [Lit. on you will come] all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of the righteous Abel [Gen 4:8] to the blood of Zechariah, [2Chr 24:20-21] the son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the sanctuary and the altar.
Mat 23:36 I tell all of you [The Gk. pronoun you is pl.] with certainty, all these things will happen to those living today.” [Lit. to this generation]

We are in the last days.

"Preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching."

And with all due respect that's what I seek to do. If you look at most of my writings I start usually with the word Sorry but.....meaning look I'm not seeking to hurt your feelings but basically hear me out. Also consider how many times I state I'm not saying Calvinists are wrong about EVERYTHING and I've never said many of them aren't precious brethren in the Lord. Sometimes I'll even say "our Calvinists friends" But real love I think will make sure it draws the lines of distinction very clearly most certainly on such an important matter as to whether God even LOVES the sinner.

That's a major, MAJOR thing to be wrong about in saying God doesn't love everyone and as I say it needs to be rejected with no uncertain terms. I'll say again if one plays around with saying or thinking it doesn't really matter too much well it does matter. People can get a false understanding of God which can take away the joy and love they can even have about their creator which can effect any relationship they have about him for the rest of their lives. I will continue to make the strongest appeals imaginable for ones' to give up their wrong way of thinking and in my books that is walking in true love .

This will probably be my last post in defending myself against your charges so you can say what you will and God Bless.

Last edited:
And with all due respect that's what I seek to do. If you look at most of my writings I start usually with the word Sorry but.....meaning look I'm not seeking to hurt your feelings but basically hear me out. Also consider how many times I state I'm not saying Calvinists are wrong about EVERYTHING and I've never said many of them aren't precious brethren in the Lord. Sometimes I'll even say "our Calvinists friends" But real love I think will make sure it draws the lines of distinction very clearly most certainly on such an important matter as to whether God even LOVES the sinner.

That's a major, MAJOR thing to be wrong about in saying God doesn't love everyone and as I say it needs to be rejected with no uncertain terms. I'll say again if one plays around with saying or thinking it doesn't really matter too much well it does matter. People can get a false understanding of God which can take away the joy and love they can even have about their creator which can effect any relationship they have about him for the rest of their lives. I will continue to make the strongest appeals imaginable for ones' to give up their wrong way of thinking and in my books that is walking in true love.

This will probably be my last post in defending myself against your charges so you can say what you will and God Bless.
No charges-I fully concur @Rockson.
I have a Calvinist brother and his mom living with me and I can tell you they are beaming with love for Jesus and very practical in assisting the needs of others in real time despite the ad hominems coming their way from our community.

You win others over by your style of life-not with words.
Johann.

My hitting the “like” button does not mean to imply agreement; it is merely an acknowledgement that I have read and appreciated the post. It is a sign of respect, agreement or disagreement notwithstanding!

Doug

Jesus came and performed a Saving Work to save not all mankind, but a Seed out of mankind Remember Gen 3:15

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Now look at Isa 53:10-12

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

He specifically in His Incarnation took on the Seed of Abraham, to identify with them in the flesh and make atonement for their sins Heb 2:16-17

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people/seed.

And it cant be made any plainer that He came to save a definite people from their sins Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people[seed] from their sins.

Jesus came and performed a Saving Work to save not all mankind, but a Seed out of mankind Remember Gen 3:15

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Now look at Isa 53:10-12

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

He specifically in His Incarnation took on the Seed of Abraham, to identify with them in the flesh and make atonement for their sins Heb 2:16-17

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people/seed.

And it cant be made any plainer that He came to save a definite people from their sins Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people[seed] from their sins.
All the nations shall be blessed through Abraham.

Next

Mt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

It does not say that Christ came to save all people, but his people; if his people were Jews did he come to save the Jews? No. He came to save his people. You can also say that Christ came to die for his people. His people are a special group of people, the spiritual seed of Abraham, the church. The work of salvation is limited only to his people. His people are of heaven, they are peculiar and royal.

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. (1 Pet 2:9)

That seed Christ came to save and did save, shall serve Him, believe in Him and follow Him

again Isa 53:10

Here the seed shall serve Him Ps 22:30-31

30 A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

31 They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.

Christs atonement of obedience was limited to and effectual for all whom by it obtained Justification of life Rom 5:18

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Christs atonement of obedience was limited to and effectual for all whom by it shall be made righteous Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Isa 53:11

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify[declare righteous] many; for he shall bear their iniquities

Back
Top Bottom