The Bible does not teach to pray to Jesus

Um from a historical perspective you are clearly wrong
Hi TomL

From a historical perspective, the quotes you are posting were written by people who were not even born at the time the author of Hebrews wrote the epistle... or, if born, were babies or little children. The quotes you are posting range between 60 to 130 years AFTER the epistle was written.

So, the historical perspective I am referring to is the historical perspective of Jesus, his apostles and scribes.
If Paul had taught the Trinity, that would have been an enormous, radical change... another religion completely, that would have faced firm resistance from Jew converts.

Instead, we find Jew converts (the Judaizing) concerned about topics like the need to cut their foreskins, keep Sabbath and abstain from certain meals. Do you think that Jew converts would have resisted Paul on these issues, and not on the Oneness of God?

In the epistle of Hebrews, the author presents Christ as a priest between man and God, not as God! ... as a priest appointed by God, not God!

• 3:1 "consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Jesus Christ, who was faithful to Him who appointed Him, as Moses was faithful in all His house.
  • 4:14 "Since then we have a great High Priest who has passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to our confession.
  • 5:5 "So also Christ did not glorify Himself to be made a High Priest, but it was He who said to Him: “You are My Son; today I have become Your Father.”
  • 5:9,10 "...and being made perfect, He became the source of eternal salvation for all those who obey Him, being designated by God a High Priest according to the order of Melchizedek"
  • 8:1 Now this is the main point of the things that we are saying: We have such a High Priest, who is seated at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens,

Hi TomL

From a historical perspective, the quotes you are posting were written by people who were not even born at the time the author of Hebrews wrote the epistle... or, if born, were babies or little children. The quotes you are posting range between 60 to 130 years AFTER the epistle was written.

So, the historical perspective I am referring to is the historical perspective of Jesus, his apostles and scribes.
If Paul had taught the Trinity, that would have been an enormous, radical change... another religion completely, that would have faced firm resistance from Jew converts.

Instead, we find Jew converts (the Judaizing) concerned about topics like the need to cut their foreskins, keep Sabbath and abstain from certain meals. Do you think that Jew converts would have resisted Paul on these issues, and not on the Oneness of God?

In the epistle of Hebrews, the author presents Christ as a priest between man and God, not as God! ... as a priest appointed by God, not God!

• 3:1 "consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Jesus Christ, who was faithful to Him who appointed Him, as Moses was faithful in all His house.
  • 4:14 "Since then we have a great High Priest who has passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to our confession.
  • 5:5 "So also Christ did not glorify Himself to be made a High Priest, but it was He who said to Him: “You are My Son; today I have become Your Father.”
  • 5:9,10 "...and being made perfect, He became the source of eternal salvation for all those who obey Him, being designated by God a High Priest according to the order of Melchizedek"
  • 8:1 Now this is the main point of the things that we are saying: We have such a High Priest, who is seated at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens,
Um that is historical

the earliest confessions of the identity of Jesus the Christ

And you continue to conflate the noun Theos used to denote a proper name and Theos used adjectivally as a class of being i.e. deity

Jesus and God don't have a common name.
False. There exists a one to one correlation between the OT God and Jesus with the name Ἐγώ εἰμι.
Yeshua, Jesus, Immanuel, etc are not God's name.
Correction: They're not the Father's name. You can toss in Son in your list.
Here is God's name and it isn't going away, though you seem to seriously wish it would.

Jesus is never called God's eternal name in Scripture.

Exodus 3
14God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ”

15God also told Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The LORD, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’ This is My name forever, and this is how I am to be remembered in every generation.
Who appeared and spoke those words?
  1. John 6:46 precludes the possibility that it's the Father appearing to anyone except Christ but
  2. John 14:9 allows the Father to be seen when one sees Jesus, the Preincarnate Jesus in the case of Ex 3.
Conclusion: Jesus is the "I Am" OT God mentioned in Ex 3.

False. There exists a one to one correlation between the OT God and Jesus with the name Ἐγώ εἰμι.

Correction: They're not the Father's name. You can toss in Son in your list.

Who appeared and spoke those words?
  1. John 6:46 precludes the possibility that it's the Father appearing to anyone except Christ but
  2. John 14:9 allows the Father to be seen when one sees Jesus, the Preincarnate Jesus in the case of Ex 3.
Jesus is never identified as the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, YHWH, or said he is the I AM the same way God did. If someone is God, they need to be identified as God. What the Bible calls Jesus and God doesn't match.

Jesus is never identified as the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, YHWH,
Who appeared and spoke those words in Ex 3?
or said he is the I AM the same way God did.
Only if you ripped out John 8:58 and Ex 3:14 verses.
If someone is God, they need to be identified as God.
Jesus did so in John 8:58.
What the Bible calls Jesus and God doesn't match.
Only if you ripped out John 8:58 and Ex 3:14.

Your Unitarian heresy is so embarrassing fragile, that it disintegrates with Ex 3 and the 3 Book of John verses.

Back
Top Bottom