Re-Examining The Great I Am

Broken record. Notice how this is NOT "who is God?" Eisegesis.
Yes, that is precisely what it says, though in the past tense as it is referencing his pre-incarnate existence. God cannot cease to be God!

Where is your exegesis for 1Cor 8:6? Was this it?

Doug

Not at all. The goal post is what is the revealed word in Scripture. There is only one God, YHWH, Jesus' God, who we relate to as Father.

This is stated over and over and over again in Scripture.
So you believe Jesus is God.....but is not a separate personage as in God the Father. So how do you wrap your mind around and reconcile that Jesus prayed to his Father? Was he praying to himself? Truly how does that work in your mind. Please explain.

No. You must have misunderstood what I wrote. Jesus has a God, whose name is YHWH, who is the only true God that we relate to as Father.
if the Lord Jesus has a God, then you have two Gods. for, Hebrews 1:10 "And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:" only God laid the foundation of the EARTH. Zechariah 12:1 "The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him."

101G.

God deposited His attributes in souls...

this is the 'talents'...
the birthright.

this is why the satanic realm coveted eden
and made her to fall...

to acquire.

the war is over the birthright.

Jesus as an actual son of God, has His same nature.

the 144k will be restored to their nature
as His sons..!
- which the satanic realm coveted and stole -
and will be His sons again...
having back their birthright.

and all the sons will rule with Christ...

soon.

Goodbye theology departments.

No. You must have misunderstood what I wrote. Jesus has a God, whose name is YHWH, who is the only true God that we relate to as Father.
actually hebrew was vocalic per josephus. And, per josephus, His name is vowels.
IEUE.

but sure once the OT fathers got cursed and mixed in with egypt, the consonantal forms took over.
and also the corrupt scroll ...

God deposited His attributes in souls...

this is the 'talents'...
the birthright.

this is why the satanic realm coveted eden
and made her to fall...

to acquire.

the war is over the birthright.
GINOLJC, to all
101G agrees with you on the birthright issue, for we're heirs. but 101G disagree with you on the WAR with who? 101G's assessment, (could be in ERROR), the war is with and within our own selves. as said 101G could be wrong, but here is why. there are only 1 being, and 2 creatures. God is the only being. angels and human are his creation. angels are not "sons" of God. we're the offspring of God. supportive scripture, Hebrews 1:4 "Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they." Hebrews 1:5 "For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?"

so, angels are not sons of God, ...... at all. we humans are destine to become ...... "LIKE", God, NOT "GOD", but LIKE him, God himself. (NOTE: all spirit come from God. our spirit is GIVE of God, angels are made spirits. our spirit is of him, and when we die naturally our spirit returns back to HIM, GOD. for out spirits are GIVE, and not made. see the difference now? because he has BEGOTTEN us by his "OWN" Spirit. as in the Gospel of GRACE, which was preached by God himself from the beginning. so as Hebrews 1:4 clearly states, "by inheritance", so we have an INHERITANCE in God, not from God but in, in, in him. now, if a son is dead, he cannot inherit anything, only a LIVING son can, as God is LIVING, so only a LIVING son of, of, of, his, can inherit. and this is the DEATH of Sin that rob man of his inheritance...."EVERLASTING LIFE IN ALL THINGS". for all things are ours through inheritance, in Christ Jesus. what we couldn't do God did for us by coming in flesh. and took our sins, so that we might have the "RIGHT" to the tree of LIFE, HIM, God almighty.

we must CHOOSE God who is LIFE, or not, we can choose DEATH. he has set it before us, it's our choice.

obedience is better than ...... Sacrifice/Death. this is why he put an end to temple.... get it Temple Sacrifice. once one overcomes his or her flesh, (which the blood is the Life of), this is what baptism do for us, then the war is OVER ... for that individual, if one believes in Christ Jesus........ DONE DEAL. for in Christ, we have REST and peace with one self and God.

101G.

One of the great myths of the 4th century manmade deification of Jesus is to claim he made a parallel statement as God to Moses. This thread explodes that myth. The question of who God is must be looked at from the perspective of Is 45:5 and 1 COR 8:6
Is 45:5 (REV) I am Yahweh, and there is none else. Besides me, there is no God.

God's name is explicitly YHWH and note his use of singular pronouns? Singular denotes one and not 3-in-1. This is consistent with 1 COR 8:6, there is only one God, the Father. This logically means there is no trinitarian God, no God the Son, no God the Holy Spirit, no 3-in-1 God.

P1. YHWH is the only God (who we relate to as father).
P2. Jesus is not YHWH.
C. Jesus is not God

From this perspective, let's examine the great I am statements.The VOICE translation renders the eternal name YHWH to honor God's defining attribute he revealed in Ex 3:14.
Eternal One: 14 I AM WHO I AM.[a] This is what you should tell the people of Israel: “I AM has sent me to rescue you.”
Read full chapter
Footnotes
3:14 “Eternal One” is derived from the Hebrew word meaning, “I am.”

The significance of this is the fact that other gods in the near East were born and died. So, to say that an eternal God sent you is to set you apart from the rest. How this rendering of the divine name plays out is clear in Ps 110:1. The Eternal said to my lord. "The Eternal" is not our lord but stated in contrast to our lord and our lord''s nature. Jesus never said he was eternal as God did. What Jesus said was:
Jesus: 58 I tell you the truth; I AM before Abraham was born.

So, he existed before Abraham. This is not a claim of existing eternally, only of being older than the time Abraham was born. Plain and simple.

To put a finer point on it, some believe one's existence begins when God conceives the thought of you and not when you were born.
Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed you in the womb I knew you

There is that word again, "before."
  1. How could God know us before we existed?
  2. If God knew us before we were formed in the womb, could God know Jesus this way also? (And in this way, Jesus preceded Abraham's birth).
  3. In what way did God know us before we existed/formed in the womb?
  4. Perhaps our existence pre-dates being formed in the womb?
The Bible is silent on these questions. However, Jesus sidesteps any of this confusion by anchoring the time frame of his existence "before Abraham was born" and not when God knew Abraham before God even formed him in the womb. Jesus is not even claiming to exist eternally before Abraham's birth. That's a critical point of reading comprehension.

I submit Jesus does make a great "I am" statement but it is not in reference to Abraham.
Mark 14:61-62
High Priest: Are You God’s Anointed, the Liberating King, the Son of the Blessed One?
Jesus: 62 I am.

For confessing to being the Messiah, the Christ, God's Anointed One is the reason he was killed, which led to saving all mankind; Jesus great "I am" statement. Jesus was born and died. Both prove he is not eternal and this aligns with the Biblical text. We should stop pretending Jesus is eternal or ever even claimed to be. Better to resist the doctrinally driven eisegesis to interpret Scripture beyond what it actually says.
According to your logic and reasoning then the Father cannot be the Lord anywhere in the Old or New Testaments since the passages below declare there is only ONE LORD. And we know that the NT Greek word Kurios is the OT word YHWH translated from the Hebrew into the Greek.

1 Corinthians 8:6
and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him.

Ephesians 4:5 - one Lord, one faith, one baptism

Romans 10:9-13
1 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, "WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED." 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; 13 for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

1 Corinthians 1:2
To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, saints by calling, with all who in every place call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours:

Jude 4
and deny our only Sovereign and Lord, Jesus Christ

hope this helps !!!

@civic, @Wrangler.
Psalms 110:1 "A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool."
The "Lord" here is
H113 אָדוֹן 'adown (aw-done') n-m.
אָדֹן 'adon (aw-done') [shortened]
1. sovereign (i.e. controller, human or divine).
2. lord.
{also used as a prefix for names}
[from an unused root (meaning to rule)]
KJV: lord, master, owner.

this "Lord" here is JESUS, Right ..... Right,

and the "LORD", all cap is God the Father, Right ...... Right?
H3068 יְהוָה Yhvah (yeh-vaw') n/p.
יְהוָֹה Yhovah (yeh-ho-vaw')
יְהוֹ Yhow (yeh-ho') [as a prefix]
1. (meaning) the self-Existent or Eternal, the I AM.
2. (person) Yahweh (Yehvah), Jewish national name of God.
3. (anglicized) Jehovah.
4. (as a name prefix) Yeho-.
5. (As expressed in Hebraic Koine Greek) ἐγώ εἰμί, I AM (literally: I myself, I am).
[from H1961]
KJV: Jehovah, the Lord.
Root(s): H1961

now 5 verses down, Psalms 110:5 "The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath."
this is the same "Lord" in verse 1 now it's definition.
H136 אֲדֹנָי 'Adonay (ad-o-noy') n-m.
1. (meaning) Lord (used as a proper name of God only).
2. (person) Adonai, The Lord God of Israel (which is actually “Yahweh God of Israel” - see Exodus 5:1 and 120 other occurrences).
[am emphatic form of H113]
KJV: (my) Lord.
Root(s): H113

PLEASE NOTE BOTH DEFINITION #2....... the PERSON.
can one or both of you tell us why both LORD and Lord is the same one person who has the same ONE name and same ONE nature?

will be waiting to hear from either of you. remember H136 אֲדֹנָי 'Adonay (ad-o-noy') "Lord" IN VERSE 5, is the emphatic form of H113 Lord in verse 1. and Emphatic means, "showing or giving emphasis; expressing something forcibly and clearly". ........ (smile)/

101G.

GINOLJC, to all
101G agrees with you on the birthright issue, for we're heirs. but 101G disagree with you on the WAR with who? 101G's assessment, (could be in ERROR), the war is with and within our own selves. as said 101G could be wrong, but here is why. there are only 1 being, and 2 creatures. God is the only being. angels and human are his creation. angels are not "sons" of God. we're the offspring of God. supportive scripture, Hebrews 1:4 "Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they." Hebrews 1:5 "For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?"

so, angels are not sons of God, ...... at all. we humans are destine to become ...... "LIKE", God, NOT "GOD", but LIKE him, God himself. (NOTE: all spirit come from God. our spirit is GIVE of God, angels are made spirits. our spirit is of him, and when we die naturally our spirit returns back to HIM, GOD. for out spirits are GIVE, and not made. see the difference now? because he has BEGOTTEN us by his "OWN" Spirit. as in the Gospel of GRACE, which was preached by God himself from the beginning. so as Hebrews 1:4 clearly states, "by inheritance", so we have an INHERITANCE in God, not from God but in, in, in him. now, if a son is dead, he cannot inherit anything, only a LIVING son can, as God is LIVING, so only a LIVING son of, of, of, his, can inherit. and this is the DEATH of Sin that rob man of his inheritance...."EVERLASTING LIFE IN ALL THINGS". for all things are ours through inheritance, in Christ Jesus. what we couldn't do God did for us by coming in flesh. and took our sins, so that we might have the "RIGHT" to the tree of LIFE, HIM, God almighty.

we must CHOOSE God who is LIFE, or not, we can choose DEATH. he has set it before us, it's our choice.

obedience is better than ...... Sacrifice/Death. this is why he put an end to temple.... get it Temple Sacrifice. once one overcomes his or her flesh, (which the blood is the Life of), this is what baptism do for us, then the war is OVER ... for that individual, if one believes in Christ Jesus........ DONE DEAL. for in Christ, we have REST and peace with one self and God.

101G.
the war is between two realms with two groups of sons... esau being one group,
who related to the fall, in the other reality where it happened and not on this earth!,
stole the birthright from jacob.

later, we saw how on this earth, jacob plays out, as foreshadowing,
what the 144k will do soon, which is get it back when they meet Christ on the clouds.
So, jacob did not steal from esau, as many commentators push.
it was the inverse.

when adam fell, he went north to the demon nations and adopted the sons of ammon...
who when incarnated on this earth are esau.

the whole 'adopted sons' theme is adam's, Not God's.
Adam who still 'plays god'.

God's sons come from Him and need no adopting.
He will restore them to His nature, soon... but restoring and adopting are not the same.

the other group is jacob.

we know there is enmity between them...and that God said Esau I hated...
and of course there is a valid reason to hate esau,
for he leads jacob astray with his corrupt scroll = kjv, septuagint etc.

there are only 1 being, and 2 creatures. God is the only being. angels and human are his creation. angels are not "sons" of God. we're the offspring of God.
God is not the only being. That is a greek error passed along en passant.
All his sons will be restored to their deity. That said, there is no other before God, of course.
All the sons have His nature, being actual sons. Not creatures.

God does not use the term offspring. that is esau scoffing us and is an animal
term related to this earth not created by God and this body not created by God.

I see. Just sweep aside the OP and interject your own anti-Scriptural comments.

Scripture explicitly states repeatedly that Jesus was a man. You say that's wrong. Gotcha!
a man in the context of eden in the other reality is not the same
as a flesh man on this earth.

the war is between two realms with two groups of sons... esau being one group,
who related to the fall, in the other reality where it happened and not on this earth!,
stole the birthright from jacob.
this is nonsense. Esau and Jacob are brothers. there is no beef between them any more. For after twenty years, Jacob returned home and had to passed through his brother territory. but what happen, war? no this. Genesis 33:4 "And Esau ran to meet him, and embraced him, and fell on his neck, and kissed him: and they wept."
Adam who still 'plays god'.
?
the other group is jacob.

we know there is enmity between them...and that God said Esau I hated...
and of course there is a valid reason to hate esau,
for he leads jacob astray with his corrupt scroll = kjv, septuagint etc.
no, 101G cannot relate to that scenario. God hate toward Esau was not personal, meaning toward the person, for God blessed Esau, but in action in what he will do, or did God hated..... case in point. Psalms 101:7 "He that worketh deceit shall not dwell within my house: he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight." . is not the devil, Satan, a liar? was he not a liar from the beginning? so why was Satan conversing with God in the BOOK of Job? as Psalms 101:7b states, "he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight." understand, the devil/Satan is EVIL, but not "SIN". but the evil can cause one to sin, if listen to... see it now? understand the Devil cannot make you sin, only you can.

101G.

God is not the only being. That is a greek error passed along en passant.
All his sons will be restored to their deity. That said, there is no other before God, of course.
All the sons have His nature, being actual sons. Not creatures.
where do, God, his sons come from? ..... thank you. a son of, of, of, God is not God, but of God. see your ERROR now?

101G.

Back
Top Bottom